• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 04
ibgZC90zczrRde.jpg

Delicious bread.

Pretty good episode. I glad that they're getting the training arc done first so the audience has a good feel for the main cast before the serious events begin to unfold. Annie's formal introduction scene was nice and Sasha continues to be a fun source of laughs. One little thing that I missed from the manga was that I kinda wish they kept that little conversation between
Rivaille and Hanji about him being a neat freak during their entrance.
I always loved that little dialogue for some reason. Oh and those last couple minutes were seriously full of hype.

Next week can't come soon enough.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
You know what, I think this

is correct. You guys are so full of hate for everything that I'm starting to get close to not being able to enjoy stuff that I think I would otherwise.

I understand GAF negativity getting to you. It gets to me sometimes. But at some point you gotta take a step back and just say "nah fuck those guys I like this." You'll probably have to go elsewhere for a positive discussion on whichever show it is that you like and animeGAF doesn't like.

That's probably how it is for everyone here with at least one show they like.

is correct. You guys are so full of hate for everything that I'm starting to get close to not being able to enjoy stuff that I think I would otherwise.

If you're so susceptible to the opinions of this thread, one thing you could do is watch an episode of something you're interested in before reading any impressions. If you enjoy it and then see animegaf hated it, you can at least say you enjoyed it while you watched it.

Of course the best thing to do would be to ignore the negativity if you could. I mean stuff like Symphogear and Guilty Crown was absolutely hated here, but I loved both and even put the former on my AOTY list. I realize not everyone can do that, though.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Heartcatch Precure 10:

A capable villain appears.

And so does tuxedo mask, again. Actually they get saved twice this time, once by TM, the other by Mysterious Precure X. (not actual name). I have no idea who she is but that's intentional at this point, obviously.

Narag

Of course the best thing to do would be to ignore the negativity if you could. I mean stuff like Symphogear and Guilty Crown was absolutely hated here, but I loved both and even put the former on my AOTY list. I realize not everyone can do that, though.

Season 2 when?? I liked the end and hope the improved product carries over.

The problem with the SAO hate is that it's boring. It's the same people posting the same exact thing over and over and over. SAO wasn't extraordinary enough to keep this sort of thing interesting. It's almost been a year, surely there is something else to hate by now.

jbug617

Banned
Oreimo 4

It was an average episode but I dislike the portions of the episode. My major gripe is
panty shots. I'm pretty sure Season 1 didn't have it like it's shown this episode and just feels out of place to me.

Hataraku Maou-sama 3

Opening: Great. Actually rather happy not to be skipping another anime Op in a while.
Ending: Bad. Should have kept the previous one.

So this episode had a focus on Chi, whom I've honestly forgotten existed after the first two. Gotta say she looked really cute when she went on the date with Maou and when her face started to go bright red when trying to confess to him before Emi cockblocked her. Speaking of which, that little catfight between them definitely provided alot of laughs and would have been the best part of the episode, if not for the police station scene with Alsiel breaking down at the end.

MJP 3

The main male and main female (aka not the big boobed one) are almost at the point of being likeable characters, the female in particular actually feels like a human character. It's amazing how when they actually get to the mech fighting this show goes from awful to really well done.

e_i

Zettai Boei Leviatan episode 4

Uhh...yeah. *Checks outside for the FBI*

And who knew that you could make chicken shit eggs just by holding it?

I didn't write my last post to say "people shouldn't say negative things", but to say "if a hobby is causing you nothing but aggravation, perhaps you should take a step back and re-examine things."

It's temporary, from what I remember. The real opening (when they finish it) should pop up in the next episode or two.

The proper OP animation was announced to show up in episode 5.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Jewelpet Kira Deco! 06:

Coal is fun in small amounts, but the series is going to suffer if every episode revolves around him antagonizing the other characters. I at least appreciated in this episode that Sadlife Slow Life Yellow (I can't remember their actual names yet) is being given the same amount of respect as a character as the others are in spite of his obesity; Jewelpet is progressive anime.

I am now rewatching Invader Zim because of this.

I've had the DVDs for a decade yet I've never marathoned it all the way through. Sounds like a good summer project.

First 14 minutes of PreCure Allstars DX3

MOVIE VILLAINS

Rin is smart, she's well aware that when Precure gather, shit will go down. Which it does. Also cue the THERE'S OTHER PRECURE THAN US. And then worlds collide from other movies.

The evil energy of the big bads in movies, as well as the main series has gathered into one and recreated the evil sides of the Movie villains. Energy from respective factions were also gathered. The previous big bads from the All Stars DX movies were created by Black Hole, looks like the finale for the DX series

Nafe

Remember about a little over a week ago or so and Articalys mentioned that there was some kind of contest for who could correctly guess the voice/seiyuu for the pet squirrel thing named Grace in Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet? Well the credits list it as Ai Kayano in case anyone was wondering. She also does the voice of the girl named Saya who met with Amy and told her to use her glider properly.

Looking I see Articalys mentioned it in the OT but I didn't see or missed any mention of it here in the main thread. I also forget what it was you would get as a prize for guessing correctly.

---

Since July 1999, actually.

I didn't even have internet in 1999, never mind being a member of a forum.

Remember about a little over a week ago or so and Articalys mentioned that there was some kind of contest for who could correctly guess the voice/seiyuu for the pet squirrel thing named Grace in Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet? Well the credits list it as Ai Kayano in case anyone was wondering. She also does the voice of the girl named Saya who met with Amy and told her to use her glider properly.

Looking I see Articalys mentioned it in the OT but I didn't see or missed any mention of it here in the main thread. I also forget what it was you would get as a prize for guessing correctly.

---

I didn't even have internet in 1999, never mind being a member of a forum.

yeV10WY.jpg

Tomat

I feel like the vast majority of impressions I read are positive here, even for genuinely terrible shows.
Honestly this thread has never really made me feel bad. Specific debate threads on GAF and parts of OT have. I try to avoid those now.

mAcOdIn

Hataraku Maou-sama 3

Opening: Great. Actually rather happy not to be skipping another anime Op in a while.
Ending: Bad. Should have kept the previous one.

So this episode had a focus on Chi, whom I've honestly forgotten existed after the first two. Gotta say she looked really cute when she went on the date with Maou and when her face started to go bright red when trying to confess to him before Emi cockblocked her. Speaking of which, that little catfight between them definitely provided alot of laughs and would have been the best part of the episode, if not for the police station scene with Alsiel breaking down at the end.
So, you won't be making that mistake again will you?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Space Brothers] 55
Mutta orz

Wait, so we are not getting any more photos of the week? :(
First 14 minutes of PreCure Allstars DX3
Itsuki in a super girlier than usual dress? FUCK I have to watch this now. I had vowed never to watch any of the Precure crossover movies. :(
Titan had a kinda-good run.
It would be super cool if you translated this for those of us not savvy in Google Translate.

7Th

It would be super cool if you translated this for those of us not savvy in Google Translate.

Titan episode 4 credit list: 1 chief animation director, 2 assistant chief animation directors, 1 action animation directors, 8 normal animation directors, 2 assistant animation directors; production assistance by Daume.

Narag

Titan episode 4 credit list: 1 chief animation director, 2 assistant chief animation directors, 1 action animation directors, 8 normal animation directors, 2 assistant animation directors; production assistance by Daume.

Thought someone said there was a budget increase for the show hence hiring more animators. Would this be felt already?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You won't regret it. Post some impressions somewhere when you watch it.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that I hadn't seen it all; I watched it all as it aired and then reruns several times over. I've just never watched it continuously from beginning to end. I basically handed my allowance to Hot Topic every month for Zim swag when I was 13/14.

mAcOdIn

So long as she remains important and cute without being relegated back to just appearing at the restuarant.
I don't think that can happen.

I think that
she's related to how Mao gets his power, that it's something like faith or love empowers the one the feelings are aimed at or something another.

Syrinx

Princess Tutu 19

Damn I went a whole week without Kraehe. I needed that.

Keep on truckin' Mr. Cat. You'll get married some day.

So all of the shards that had been hiding inside people have been returned to Mytho. But Drosselmeyer tells Duck that there are more still. And apparently when Mytho gets his whole heart back there will be an epic battle with the raven. Sweet.

Why did that girl dress in a donkey suit to deliver the students' love letters to Mytho? I understand anonymity...but why a donkey suit? Well, things ended well for her, confessing her love only to see her love crafting a statue based on her.

Uzura was surprisingly entertaining in this one. But she has a way to go to be as cool as Edel.

7Th

Thought someone said there was a budget increase for the show hence hiring more animators. Would this be felt already?

Throwing more money at something NEVER works; if it did, A1 shows would look wonderful. Anime that looks good looks good because it had a healthy production schedule, not because it had an insane budget.

If Titan has schedule problems, it is doomed regardless of how much the animators' pay increases.

Allstars DX3 has continuity with the other Crossover films.

Anyway

Precure Allstars DX3 Midpoint

The Precure have been split up into 3. Team Main Lead, Team Co-Lead (including Aqua and Mint), and Team Everyone Else, the latter gets games. Everyone else has real problems. But I guess they need it easy if you have Shiny Luminous on your team.

destroying the prism flower basically disables travel between Fairy world and human world. Mirror dude unfortunately is the joke villian of the movie, much like how Uraganos was the joke villian of DX2. THE POWER OF MIRACLE LIGHTS ARE FADING

Narag

Throwing more money at something NEVER works; if it did, A1 shows would look wonderful. Anime that looks good looks good because it had a healthy production schedule, not because it had an insane budget.

If Titan has schedule problems, it is doomed regardless of how much the animators' pay increases.

Ah, that makes much more sense. Thanks!

Tomat

Just noticed the anime OT list in the first post. Thanks for that Kayos.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
An I crazy to kinda like photo Kano? It's boring, but kinda memorizing in a weird way.

And weirdly perverted.
Mesmerizing, I hope!

I just spit out my drink! LOL!
That's what she... oh you know. lol

goddamn right
I like how she's allowed to basically photo bomb, even though she's in the picture!

Honestly, you should go cold turkey for a while. Get some perspective. It helped me a lot when the negativity of this thread had dragged me down to the point where my days were filled with fantasies about killing everyone connected with the anime industry. (Well, that and the medication.) It's not healthy for you. Don't let some obsessive hobby turn you into a twisted ball of hatred. This is supposed to be entertainment!
Well, I suppose the good news is that I hate video games more than anime, so at least anime is not my most unhealthy obsession.

I also admit that once I learned to embrace scrubbing and do it guilt free, I found that I can stomach watching dumb shows nowadays. Glee, OreImo, either way, I can keep up and only cut myself with a butter knife instead of a razor.

But yeah, the healthy thing to do would be to probably just stop entirely. I'll admit, not posting here for a couple of weeks makes it a lot easier to not need to keep up with the Joneses by watching everything immediately.

(That pesky zeitgeist. Being a part of it really does seem like work! lol)

I can't speak for anyone else, but with a few exceptions (like SAO), my hatred of something is not a value judgment. It's my own personal opinion of a work that is mine alone.

Regarding SAO specifically, well, that's like asking me not to laugh at the fresh round of George W Bush jokes that came out this week because of the library opening. Even if I'm in a room full of Republicans (or Enrons), I wouldn't be able to help myself.
("So the Library has a wing all about weapons of mass destruction, but for some reason, no one can find it!")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom