• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

I think you got that backwards.

It's Emi who is with riddled with insecurities while Chiho is putting her foot down on her got dan man.

The same Chiho that
ran away after seeing them a few feet apart in the same room?

Emi would've put a boot down on that shit if she really wanted it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I was convinced that Shingeki was good and it was. Should I truly believe that Hataraku is also good? Hmm...

Narag

I was convinced that Shingeki was good and it was. Should I truly believe that Hataraku is also good? Hmm...

I don't see why you wouldn't trust people here given you'll take their word about things over what any personal research might uncover.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yes. Even separated from waifus it is a really good comedy show.

Is it just comedy or is it romcom?

I don't see why you wouldn't trust people here given you'll take their word about things over what any personal research might uncover.

touche.

In all seriousness though, the things I usually ask about are objective things. Just seeing people's praises for Hataraku is making me want to watch it. It was more of a subject insight followed by a decision. Ironically, it's the objective stuff that I should be researching LOL.

mAcOdIn

Confidence is sexy.

Chiho has no confidence.

#TeamEmi
It's Emi who has no confidence. She has no confidence in anything. They've written her in such an annoying way too, just for the laughs and dorama. Take for instance her first fight with Mao in Japan when she pulls her knife, she gets flustered when he mocks it. And it just keeps going from there. She's a waffler, she has no confidence in anything she's doing and retroactively seems to be losing confidence in what she's done. if she did have confidence the show would have been over by episode 2 because she'd have carried out her mission.

kpjolee

%EC%82%AC%EB%B3%B8_-Hataraku_Maou-sama_-10.png

#TeamChiho

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I brought this up in IRC.

On the one hand, Emi is the Kirino of the show.
On the other hand, Chiho is the Kanna of the show.

I guess I have to listen to Matthew Broderick. The only winning move is not to play the game.

peach

So I just helped chaperone a school anime club field trip to a very small con in East Tennessee... I need suggestions on some anime to get me started! I really enjoyed the con and have been asked to help with the club but my anime knowledge is completely null. I need suggestions for some shows to get me started :)

So I just helped chaperone a school anime club field trip to a very small con in East Tennessee... I need suggestions on some anime to get me started! I really enjoyed the con and have been asked to help with the club but my anime knowledge is completely null. I need suggestions for some shows to get me started :)

Hidamari Sketch. Always Hidamari Sketch.

Dresden

I guess I have to listen to Matthew Broderick. The only winning move is not to play the game.

This is gross and you should feel bad about yourself.

A character like Emi should NEVER be compared to Kirino. For one, the way she acts is actually justified, and it's STILL less bitchy than Kirino.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The same Chiho that
ran away after seeing them a few feet apart in the same room?

Emi would've put a boot down on that shit if she really wanted it.

Sorry, but a young girl's heart is a fragile thing.

I doubt any of you people can understand that.

What are you open to and what do you like in other mediums? Anime has all the standard genres like action, horror, comedy, all that stuff, but it also has crazy stuff you won't really find anywhere else like harem. There's a ton of stuff out there.

Also, are you open to subtitled stuff, or do you need the voices to be in English?

jgminto

Do you know what any of the students are watching? That would help.

Even I wouldn't compare Emi to Kirino and I don't know who the other character is.

Ultimadrago

Sorry, but a young girl's heart is a fragile thing.

I doubt any of you people can understand that.

Too many You People around here refuse to bask in her youthful fervor.

What are you open to and what do you like in other mediums? Anime has all the standard genres like action, horror, comedy, all that stuff, but it also has crazy stuff you won't really find anywhere else like harem. There's a ton of stuff out there.

Also, are you open to subtitled stuff, or do you need the voices to be in English?

I was betting you were going to say Gurren Lagann immediately. Lost the bet.

Well, I suppose the good news is that I hate video games more than anime, so at least anime is not my most unhealthy obsession.

I also admit that once I learned to embrace scrubbing and do it guilt free, I found that I can stomach watching dumb shows nowadays. Glee, OreImo, either way, I can keep up and only cut myself with a butter knife instead of a razor.

But yeah, the healthy thing to do would be to probably just stop entirely. I'll admit, not posting here for a couple of weeks makes it a lot easier to not need to keep up with the Joneses by watching everything immediately.

(That pesky zeitgeist. Being a part of it really does seem like work! lol)

I think I've said this before, but while scrubbing may be a waste of less time than watching the entire episode straight through would be, it's still a waste of time.

Personally, I accepted years ago that I would be forever out of step with popular culture in many regards. Devoting your energies to keep up with that just closes you off to older/overlooked things anyway. I don't really see the point unless you're a reviewer and you get paid to do it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kirino vs. Kanna vs. Kirito
Kanna is really in between a shit sandwich there. lol

This is gross and you should feel bad about yourself.
A character like Emi should NEVER be compared to Kirino. For one, the way she acts is actually justified, and it's STILL less bitchy than Kirino.
Do you know what any of the students are watching? That would help.

Even I wouldn't compare Emi to Kirino and I don't know who the other character is.
Oh, I know that Emi is not as bad as Kirino, but she basically fills that role. Presumably, she'll tsun for him for like another 5 episodes before her
daddy issues
are revealed and then they make out hold hands.

(For reference, Kirino > Yozora >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Emi).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think I've said this before, but while scrubbing may be a waste of less time than watching the entire episode straight through would be, it's still a waste of time.

Personally, I accepted years ago that I would be forever out of step with popular culture in many regards. Devoting your energies to keep up with that just closes you off to older/overlooked things anyway. I don't really see the point unless you're a reviewer and you get paid to do it.

Well, for anime anyway, I do it mostly to keep up with this thread and the podcast that I do that no one listens to. Stuff like Glee really is OCD though. I suppose I'm going to cut myself with The Newsroom and The Killing this summer because of that. lol

I will say, even though there is a US-TV community thread, since it is news based and not show based, I don't really feel the need to watch every single new US TV show. The fact that I find single show threads a bit boring also helps in that I don't feel the need to post about Geimu every Sunday.

That said, the fact that I've slid off the wall of shame is perhaps a sign of my commitment to being always on top of things at this moment in time.

wonzo

Banned
Muromi-san 4

muromi4.jpg

persimmon girl > *

Yeah, this episode was pretty weak when compared to last weeks episode three but so were the first two really. Fortunately this episode still had some really nice animation and that looks to be the case in next weeks "twin mountain" special!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You know your comments just make everything worse. You don't have to have your crappy attitude to contribute something worthwhile to this thread. Sure, articalys might be at fault for how he presents himself but you definitely don't have to worsen then situation with your posts. All it does is increase the negativity on this thread and make it more hostile. I'm sure others can attest to your behavior being extremely detrimental.
wonzo is pretty chill though.

survivor

Banned
Well, for anime anyway, I do it mostly to keep up with this thread and the podcast that I do that no one listens to. Stuff like Glee really is OCD though. I suppose I'm going to cut myself with The Newsroom and The Killing this summer because of that. lol

I will say, even though there is a US-TV community thread, since it is news based and not show based, I don't really feel the need to watch every single new US TV show. The fact that I find single show threads a bit boring also helps in that I don't feel the need to post about Geimu every Sunday.

That said, the fact that I've slid off the wall of shame is perhaps a sign of my commitment to being always on top of things at this moment in time.

The Newsroom coming back in July? Fuck, very compelled for another hatewatch just to see how much worse it will get.

Busaiku

Hunter X Hunter 77

They did not need to make it that obvious.
Also disappointed that they got rid of the more lighthearted stuff.

well... calling vividred 'good' would be a stretch outside of the fanservice lol.

It was a fun show that didn't try to hide its butt love, but a lot of the show (pacing, plot, EPISODE 9) was pretty bad. Photo Kano just bores the hell out of me so I eventually stop caring about the butts and boobs it may or may not deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom