• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New OVA, movie, fandisk and a new spin-off manga.

Fantastic! Are any of the Manga worthwhile? Hopefully between those and the OVA that should tie me over for the excruciatingly long wait for the movie.

Breadth of tastes, no circlejerking.

GD9NPDB.gif

Second best anime community on the net.

The thought of greener pastures excites and confuses me. This can't be real right? No way that place exists right?!

I'm really glad these surveys are done, so interesting to see how the community feels as a whole.

In regards to inside jokes though it took a bit of lurking but I've managed to puzzle a few of them out.

:SDBurton: = Yuri
:DTL: = Yaoi
:Cajun: = Cute
:kayos: = something just went over my head

I still have no idea what :firehawk: means though.

Looks like its a overwhelming win for Fate Zero. Blood + doesn't look bad though (the only reason I was interested was due to the openings lol ). Without any spoilers why is it worse than FZ or is FZ just really good?

Jarmel

Banned
Looks like its a overwhelming win for Fate Zero. Blood + doesn't look bad though (the only reason I was interested was due to the openings lol ). Without any spoilers why is it worse than FZ or is FZ just really good?

There are a whole host of issues that make Blood+ bad such as some flat out stupid plot twists, bad pacing, boring arcs, and some flat characters. FZ is also really really good.

Steroyd

Hunter x Hunter 77

Kurt is pretty awesome onii-chan and so great and funny. Snake part was so awesome and intense. Though I did quit the episode for a few hours, cant believe someone would even pen this story and then even animate it, awful, awkward, and just not good.
Why give us so many good scenes with Kurt and Reina and family and all happy fishing, only to depressingly off him like that and then show him being all devoured with just his clothes and blood remaining. I was hoping the crew would have swooped in to save, them but to be devoured, devouring kids even, thats just not right and so bad and sad. This series is supposed to be happy, the op even.

Can nen users really be caught up in this?

You know this feeling right now?

Get used to it.

Also there's a reason why people wanted the OP to change.

YOU CAN SMILE.

The wind, is troubled today.

cajunator

Banned
Fantastic! Are any of the Manga worthwhile? Hopefully between those and the OVA that should tie me over for the excruciatingly long wait for the movie.

The thought of greener pastures excites and confuses me. This can't be real right? No way that place exists right?!

I'm really glad these surveys are done, so interesting to see how the community feels as a whole.

In regards to inside jokes though it took a bit of lurking but I've managed to puzzle a few of them out.

:SDBurton: = Yuri
:DTL: = Yaoi
:Cajun: = Cute
:kayos: = something just went over my head

This video is very :firehawk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVjPKrZXqrY

Also, a really good but small anime community can be found at Sekai no Hajimari, the Haibane Renmei fansite.

:firehawk = mono no aware
Also think cherry blossoms, graduations etc.

Ah, thanks for the explanation guys. In hindsight it seems so obvious now.

Damn, how could I forget something so glorious?

Also, a really good but small anime community can be found at Sekai no Hajimari, the Haibane Renmei fansite.

Hmm, it does seem like a nice little place, if nothing else they at least have good taste! The board doesn't seem as active but it's pretty unfair to compare to AnimeGAF I guess.

Little Army is worth a read. It explains the background story of Miho and it makes the end of the show even more meaningful.

Elementary school kids in tanks?! Hopefully there will be a lot of hijinks, thanks for the heads up!

cajunator

Banned
Ah, thanks for the explanation guys. In hindsight it seems so obvious now.

Damn, how could I forget something so glorious?

Hmm, it does seem like a nice little place, if nothing else they at least have good taste! The board doesn't seem as active but it's pretty unfair to compare to AnimeGAF I guess.

Elementary school kids in tanks?! Hopefully there will be a lot of hijinks, thanks for the heads up!

SNH isnt as busy as this board by far but thats a good thing for it in a way. Plus many of the posters there are quite mature about things. Haibane fans are generally a classy bunch and quite pleasant.
By the way, Sekai no hajimari even has some Bronies and a MLP section.

Blood+ seems like it should be good, but it's a completely flat work with uninteresting characters and a whole lot of nothing happening. It should only really be watched if you hate yourself.

Kyuur

The bit where he was like "protect you FOREVER" and the camera zooms way up on his mouth when he says forever.........

direction

This isn't even foreshadowing their death though.

Manga Spoilers
It's foreshadowing his reincarnation into an ant and his desire to protect.

cajunator

Banned
cajunator. Shut up. Go watch Heartcatch. Don't do anything else until you're done. You're long overdue.

I have church in a bit and then Festival day #2. Tonight is a reggae band. I cannot pass up live Reggae EVER. Especially since its the Wailers.
Now tomorrow Im free all day long so maybe. Just maybe.
Kind of gave up on Max Heart after 16 episodes because its kind of boring and too similar to the first one (as much as I love Honoka and Nagisa). Need something fresh and new.

Syrinx

I have church in a bit and then Festival day #2. Tonight is a reggae band. I cannot pass up live Reggae EVER. Especially since its the Wailers.
Now tomorrow Im free all day long so maybe. Just maybe.
Kind of gave up on Max Heart after 16 episodes because its kind of boring and too similar to the first one (as much as I love Honoka and Nagisa). Need something fresh and new.

I thought you were enjoying Max Heart.

cajunator

Banned
I thought you were enjoying Max Heart.

Stockholm syndrome. Its more that I enjoy Nagisa and Honoka's company. The show they are forced to be in is pretty terrible. But really its more that it isnt really going anyplace interesting. Just the same repetitive kinds of episodes about Lacrosse and infighting and imposters. Itsl ike a total repeat of the first season except more dull.

Tenumi

Banned
Oh FUCK! I completely forgot... I even did a prelim sketch...

... where did I put that... ah, here it is!

Remind me again after I finish the Atelier fanart I'm working on.

Man, I wish I had drawing ability... got a tablet and everything. I guess I just need to practice and practice...

lordmrw

Hunter x Hunter 77

Kurt is pretty awesome onii-chan and so great and funny. Snake part was so awesome and intense. Though I did quit the episode for a few hours, cant believe someone would even pen this story and then even animate it, awful, awkward, and just not good.
Why give us so many good scenes with Kurt and Reina and family and all happy fishing, only to depressingly off him like that and then show him being all devoured with just his clothes and blood remaining. I was hoping the crew would have swooped in to save, them but to be devoured, devouring kids even, thats just not right and so bad and sad. This series is supposed to be happy, the op even.

Can nen users really be caught up in this?

This story arc is about to become a lot darker and worse than that so you'd better prepare yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom