• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Attack on Titan 04
ibmEZp8i8GMyGx.png
iby1iieqJSVTlI.png

From being a part of the garrison, to survey corps, to going back in the garrison in a few cuts. Also note that there were other instances before that where people lost their insignia to magically regain them
Another episode filled with stills and other apparent cost saving measures. Though honestly it didn't hurt it much.
The potato girl parts are hilarious as always! Though the montage was disappointing, not 80s montage tier like duckroll said!
Ending was pretty hype though, let's see where this goes. Also old OP > new OP. Hype

Jubern

Gargantia 4 didn't make things advance a whole lot, but it was really nice. When I like a world setting as much as Gargantia's, I don't really mind when nothing important happens and it's just business as usual—

OceanBlue

Gargantia 4 didn't make things advance a whole lot, but it was really nice. When I like a world setting as much as Gargantia's, I don't really mind when nothing important happens and it's just business as usual—

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I feel like I'll agree. I adore the color and the energy of the cast and I can't wait for Ledo to be a part of that. The preview seemed to suggest that we're going see more of the side characters. Does that happen?

I guess that's a pretty unspoilery question to ask, but feel free to use spoiler tags it if you want, lol.

Neko Ouji
Oh Tsukiko, now hurry up and realize it Yoto *stare*

Well that was fast, but he got his facade back. I guess either the rest of the show is going to be getting Tsukikos emotions back and/or solving Tsukikos relationship with her sister?

duckroll

New OVA, movie, fandisk and a new spin-off manga.

They also revealed a new character with Nishi Kinuyo the captain of the Japanese tank team.

The "Heartful Tank Carnival" event revealed on Sunday that production on an entirely new Girls und Panzer film has been green-lit, and it will open next year. Tsutomu Mizushima is once again directing the project.

In addition, production on an original video anime (OVA) about the battle against Anzio Girls High School has been green-lit. Finally, a fan disk mostly devoted to footage from Sunday's event will go on sale in September.

OMG OMG OMG!

HAPPY HAPPY TIMES! :D

-Horizon-

Gargantia 4

Slower paced episode talking about life on Gargantia, we saw a little peak into Ledo's past and the reason why he is carving that tooth into a flute

next episode is the swimsuit episode...awwww yeah

The K-ON thread is still kicking it and that's a dead franchise.
Hey, there's a new arcade game!
Well yeah, but it's like super duper popular to the max. There's like.... How many of PrecureGAF?
There are a lot more fans than just those that post in this thread. If you build it, they will come.
It's because (most) of us are actually pragmatic about their GAF experience and don't want it constantly thrown in our face as proof of being deviants/pedophiles/etc. everywhere else on GAF like the Bronies.
You really need to let this sentiment go. Most people don't give two shits about what threads people post in. Despite my love for K-ON! and the way people were talking about it in that one gaming side thread, yet no one holds that against me, and if they do, it's only when we're talking about anime in general.
Have you read the K-ON thread? It's the same people over and over again. :p We have enough Brocures in here to make it work.
Well that's pretty much how all community threads are. Just take a look at this thread.
I think I stepped into it once, and actually entertained the thought of watching at least one season. But then I declined.
K-ON! is a good show.

Theonik

Gargantia 04
Show redeemed etc. Hopefully we don't see Rackage and crew ever again and we get more of these episodes!
Edit:
I still hope glasses girl dies horribly, such a bitch, asking him to pay for damages? Fucking seriously?

cajunator

Banned

So much better than my pitiful art.

Jigoku Youchien 01-03

Well, this was something.

Looks quite like something I would enjoy. But there are soooooo many shows to watch.

Meth? Everyone around here is a methhead so maybe I've been in hell all this time and didn't even know it.

I've actually never seen a meth head. At least not that I was aware of with all the facial marks and stuff. Here its mainly a bunch of jolly potheads.

Not surprised you say this, not saying that out of spite. I'm just declining for now because I have other things to finish up, or at least finish a decent amount of things before tacking something else on.

Yeah, I wouldn't really say I'm an unbiased opinion. To say I really like the show would be an understatement.

Gargantia - 04

Ahh, now this is more like it! Nice, slice of life action.

I really like how Ledo is starting to question his own existence with all this comparison between the Galactic Alliance and Gargantia. It's a harsh war life that he sees as logical, but he seems to be developing personal desires as old memories are stirring up inside him.

When his son? apparently got disposed, I can only assume that he locked his mind from that point and decided to see things that were the most logical for the war. But now that he is being exposed to regular life, he is starting to come to terms with who he was in the past

Hopefully these kinds of episodes continue. I mean we're obviously going to see the return of Mrs. Generic Pirate and her generic slaves sooner or later -_-.

I'm just looking forward to what's going to happen when the Galactic Alliance ends up coming to get him. I can see this having the generic ending is with Ledo going back and vowing to return. But I hope it does something more creative than that.

Otherwise, great episode.

Defuser

Suisei no Gargantia ep 4
Awwww yeah!!!! Mizugi episode next week!!!

I like the change of pace for this episode with Ledo getting use to his new life on Galgantia finding out not all in life should be militaristic and having a new point of view. It's quite nice to see a small glimpse of Ledo past.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Finally finished up Code Geass R2 and now I get to drown in my disappointment for a few days.

Now I remember why I originally stopped watching at episode 21 during the initial broadcast. What a complete mess.

I don't know what happened after season one, but it really felt like a lot of the established developments there were completely ignored or thrown out for R2. Not only were the characters completely fucked (read: not even close to their season one counterparts) by the end, the story ventured into the realm of nonsensical - even for one that was already a bit crazy to begin with, with random deus ex machina and other absurdities.

If it wasn't for the last 5 episodes, R2 could have turned out decently. But no, Sunrise had to mess it up somehow I suppose...

At least Akito the Exiled takes place before all that nonsense AND focuses on the European side of the conflict - something I would have rather seen more of rather than the boring Chinese Federation subplot. My only gripe there is the ugly use of CG mechs... if there's one thing the Geass TV series did great was its use of 2D drawn mech action.

cajunator

Banned
Not surprised you say this, not saying that out of spite. I'm just declining for now because I have other things to finish up, or at least finish a decent amount of things before tacking something else on.

It really is a great show. Like it or hate it, its a VERY high quality production for such a simple concept.

-Horizon-

Nyarko-san W 4

I'm still not enjoying this second season as much as the first, I feel that Muromi-san is a better Nyarko-san than what season 2 has been like

JCG

If it wasn't for the last 5 episodes, R2 could have turned out decently. But no, Sunrise had to mess it up somehow I suppose...

At least Akito the Exiled takes place before all that nonsense AND focuses on the European side of the conflict - something I would have rather seen more of rather than the boring Chinese Federation subplot. My only gripe there is the ugly use of CG mechs... if there's one thing the Geass TV series did great was its use of 2D drawn mech action.

Conversely, others have previously argued those last 4 or 5 episodes were better than what preceded them. I'd tend to disagree but, personally, I can at least say I liked the ending, mostly for being better than what I was anticipating by that point in time. If they had to end everything somehow, that's certainly not the worst alternative I had in mind. Like with other things though, I suppose it's a matter of preference and interpretation.

About Akito...I don't mind the use of CGI, despite preferring 2D mecha, but I like how in 45-50 minutes there's already a better sense of setting than what we got from the entire China arc.

Hataraku Maou-sama 4

I like Maou and all, but Emi is pretty justified about her hate towards him about only now caring for humans after living with them for like a month. Her flashback with her dad was sweet and carried over well to her emotional breakdown when the two were alone together. Honestly, after that weak apology Maou gave her, I would have like to have seen her smack him across the face because he really deserved it. Didn't like how the conflict between them ended quite abrubtly after Chi and Alsiel appeared and should have been resolved better instead of worrying about Chi running off.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Conversely, others have previously argued those last 4 or 5 episodes were better than what preceded them. I'd tend to disagree but, personally, I can at least say I liked the ending, mostly for being better than what I was anticipating by that point in time. If they had to end everything somehow, that's certainly not the worst alternative I had in mind. Like with other things though, I suppose it's a matter of preference and interpretation.

About Akito...I don't mind the use of CGI, despite preferring 2D mecha, but I like how in 45-50 minutes there's already a better sense of setting than what we got from the entire China arc.

While the ultimate end for Lelouch was fine, I think the means to getting there just left me feeling underwhelmed. I really didn't like the sudden changes in both Suzaku and Schneizel... to me it seemed like it was done more out of convenience for the plot with complete disregard to their actions in the past.

Re: Akito... personally I think the worst offender is the 3D camera. It's very disorienting. But yeah, the story seems to be a lot more grounded so far.

Attack on Titan 2:
There was a little bit of stretching, but for the most part it was a very strong followup to the first episode. I like how they've been adapting the manga so far, and they did a great job at recreating the shear horror of the situation and showing the hopelessness of everything. The narration was also used very well, and gave a good insight into what was going on with the government and other people.

Mikasa punching Eren when he was being a dumbass
was a great moment.

Finally finished up Code Geass R2 and now I get to drown in my disappointment for a few days.

Now I remember why I originally stopped watching at episode 21 during the initial broadcast. What a complete mess.

I don't know what happened after season one, but it really felt like a lot of the established developments there were completely ignored or thrown out for R2. Not only were the characters completely fucked (read: not even close to their season one counterparts) by the end, the story ventured into the realm of nonsensical - even for one that was already a bit crazy to begin with, with random deus ex machina and other absurdities.

I think they change in time slot really threw them all for a loop, got way too convoluted and bloated with throw away characters

Bakemonogatari 11

It feels like ages since I last watch this, so after being heavily exposed to COLORS, SMILES, AND OPTIMISMS, it's kinda jarring really. It's still living up to it's harem-ish design with super natural goodies going on.

Finally, context on Hanekawa's issues. And Shinobu doing something. Clutch those bloomers.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think they change in time slot really threw them all for a loop, got way too convoluted and bloated with throw away characters

Yeah I read that report as well. It's really a shame too.
I think out of all the new characters they introduced the only one I ended up liking was Gino.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom