• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suisei no Gargantia 4

Really great episode. I agree with the notion that there should be more episodes about Ledo interacting with the crew while trying to understand the world he's in.

I keep seeing that that darker skinned girl with the short hair and red shirt in the background, bring her out already you fucks!

JCG

While the ultimate end for Lelouch was fine, I think the means to getting there just left me feeling underwhelmed. I really didn't like the sudden changes in both Suzaku and Schneizel... to me it seemed like it was done more out of convenience for the plot with complete disregard to their actions in the past.

Yes, I see what you mean. I guess what they were doing with Suzaku in particular was the whole
"take the preaching idealist, push him to the breaking point and then he snaps"
thing, which is a bit of a recurring theme in other shows from the same director. Of course, that could have been done in a different way. As for Schneizel...it's not a satisfying answer, but the guy always came across as rather two-faced.

Somewhere in some multiverse there is a Code Geass that was unmutilated by producers. I want to go there.

Well, you can hope for a movie remake/alternate retelling at some point in the future of this universe. That sort of thing seems relatively commonplace.

/XX/

Gotdamn! That was it! Yes!

It's available here on DVD and I'm ordering it.

I saw this fansubbed years ago and forgot the name. Didn't know it was by Tezuka! It was very unique and emotional and the art is unique as well. Everyone should check it out.
This looks pretty cool so I'll definitely check it out sometime. Thanks for bringing it to my attention guys.
Glad I could help you both! And that DVD release is certainly a very, very good opportunity to get it, as it truly is similar to the Japanese original compilation one for the "experimental" ('jikken') Osamu Tezuka Film Works:

手塚治虫 実験アニメーション作品集 -New Animation Animation-
http://www.geneonuniversal.jp/anime/NAA/contents/hp0008/index00080000.html

Huh, they're really doing an OVA for that skipped battle. lol
Lol, are these the Italians?
I hope it follows the events from the mainline graphic novel adaptation because, as I said (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46520439&postcount=14233), Anchovy shows she can be an opponent worthy of having being featured more in the actual series.

All those images (doctored even!) of her always ignored throughout events of the series come to my mind now. :'-(

Dresden

gargantia - 04

A hint at things to come. Aw yeahhhhh.

Gargantia 04
Show redeemed etc. Hopefully we don't see Rackage and crew ever again and we get more of these episodes!
Edit:
I still hope glasses girl dies horribly, such a bitch, asking him to pay for damages? Fucking seriously?

Dude, he
broke the roof of the hangar. Gotta pay up! They're letting him work it off anyways.

/XX/

So the tournament is like an All-Japan cup? And much later there is the World Cup?

Wow that's uh, some interesting anatomy.
Just wait until you see Mr. Takahashi's 'opus' in action; paneling and player postures so dynamic he had to sacrifice any resemblance of veritable anatomic proportions in the process!

Also, as famous as is right now Girls und Panzer... why there isn't yet the obligatory edit of that image for it?

Fantastic! Are any of the Manga worthwhile? Hopefully between those and the OVA that should tie me over for the excruciatingly long wait for the movie.
Little Army is worth a read. It explains the background story of Miho and it makes the end of the show even more meaningful.
Yeah, and at the same time supporting the various translation works of all our friends (you PdotMichael included, of course) at /ak/ feels nice!

It is great that the new film project ensures additional new material to come and enjoy with them all:

https://boards.4chan.org/a/res/68191544 said:
ibtCFtPHOWS97Z.png

Many, many good memories, man...

Theonik

Dude, he
broke the roof of the hangar. Gotta pay up! They're letting him work it off anyways.
They were the ones who locked him in there in the first place. Not to mention him saving their asses twice and whatever other work he's done. If Ledo was a bit smarter he'd put their ungrateful asses in their place .

Dresden

They were the ones who locked him in there in the first place. Not to mention him saving their asses twice and whatever other work he's done. If Ledo was a bit smarter he'd put them in their place.

You say it like they had any idea they were locking him in in the first place. It's something that's going to be glossed over anyways; it's just there to show how fussy and detail-oriented Ridget can be.

Theonik

You say it like they had any idea they were locking him in in the first place. It's something that's going to be glossed over anyways; it's just there to show how fussy and detail-oriented Ridget can be.
Oh I know why it's there and that ultimately it doesn't matter, I just hate Ridget. I didn't express it being flaw of the show just that I want to see her severely injured. Different things!

Titan's Quest 4

Sasha is great. I'm still not sure why spiderman gear is the de facto anti giant gear in this universe. You'd think some sort of guerrilla warfare would be more efficient. I guess that wouldn't be as cool.

Bakemonogatari 11

It feels like ages since I last watch this, so after being heavily exposed to COLORS, SMILES, AND OPTIMISMS, it's kinda jarring really. It's still living up to it's harem-ish design with super natural goodies going on.

Finally, context on Hanekawa's issues. And Shinobu doing something. Clutch those bloomers.

Good man, you're in for a real treat soon.

If the next episode doesn't bring some goddamn smiles and optimism to you then shame on you for needing 14 year olds to make you happy!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gargantia 4

I think... I... what's the word... "like" this show? It's such a strange feeling that I find it so confusing.

It was such an old fashioned science fiction episode, with the emotionless automaton discovering emotions through his one obvious weakness - logic. It was almost charming to see a story like this in 2013, because you really can't tell these types of stories nowadays.
(I suppose you still can't, given the whole pirate thing from last week :p)

I'm also enjoying the irony of Ledo and Chamber's slowly changing relationship. At first, Chamber is the more "human", by virtue of being able to communicate with the people on the fleet. But now the tables are slowly turning, with Chamber expressing no real attachment to the planet and only wanting to continue its mission.

Assuming that they don't even try to deal with the Galactic Fleet/space stuff in the show, a smart writer would have the two characters come to a head by the end of the series, presumably after Ledo realizes that he has been as much of a tool as Chamber.

---

Nyaruko-san 4
pnr9Lfkl.jpg

I really don't remember this character at all... I guess she appeared after the fake console war stuff? Yay gay.

PmYUol9l.jpg

Also, I still don't know how I feel about shows that are aware of the fact that their protagonists have no sex drive but don't really do anything about it. But it's all about being meta nowadays.

Good man, you're in for a real treat soon.

If the next episode doesn't bring some goddamn smiles and optimism to you then shame on you for needing 14 year olds to make you happy!

Speaking of which

Bakemonogatari 12

Despite being called Tsubasa Cat part 2, this was pretty much a Senjougahara episode. Which confirmed my suspicions on this being the last arc on the show.

DATE-O

It feels like I was long overdue for her to mess with Araragi, and it feels great for living up to that. It does tie into what Hanekawa said about her changing ever since Araragi came into her life. And then the father is there, which led to even more gags and jokes.

Dad's seal of approval on him since he is a terrible father (in his words), and the confessionals to help seal them together was pretty good. I enjoyed this episode a lot. We can kiss, wait that's not right....

Alright, THAT'S what I'm talking about!

Go go, Tsubomi!

She wants everyone clearly.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I don't know why it has taken me this long to realise why Gargantia's designs look so familiar.

I guess the bad part about Naruko being the character designer is that he (she?) is not gonna be able to do, ahem, derivative work.

I don't know why it has taken me this long to realise why Gargantia's designs look so familiar.

I guess the bad part about Naruko being the character designer is that he (she?) is not gonna be able to do, ahem, derivative work.

I've been harping on this the whole time. Not sure how you didn't realize this sooner!

Doesn't Naruko usually do original works? Those are the ones that I remember anyways.

Kurita

Kazoku Game 1
Sakurai Sho stars in this troubling drama as the private tutor Yoshimoto Koya. Koya becomes a tutor to a student, Numata Shigeyuki, an underachiever on the verge of dropping out of middle school. Expecting immediate results, Shigeyuki’s father makes a deal with Koya that if he could make Shigeyuki return to school within a week, he would receive a 100,000 yen bonus. Koya accepts the offer, replying that he would only need 5 days to complete the mission but demands that no one should interfere with his methodology in doing so.
A handsome face with a reckless mouth, Koya is a wacky unpredictable pro tutor. How will he save Shigeyuki, a boy who has been bullied in school, betrayed by his best friend, and become a shut-in at home? How will he educate Shigeyuki to change his ways? What is Koya’s motivation in teaching? Koya’s "education" is nothing like anyone has ever imagined. You just have to see it yourself to believe it!
Ok so Sakurai Sho as the teacher is perfect. The character is nuts, some stuff is really fucked up. Dude throws the kid into a shelf, pushes the mother...
The first episode was mostly here to introduce his methods but was still entertaining.
Looking forward to the other episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom