• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spice and Wolf 01

Hm, wasn't a bad first episode. While the setting didn't grab me, I am at least liking what was shown of Lawrence and Holo.

It is definitely different from what backlog shows I have been watching, so at least it is a breath of fresh and non ugly air.

Mature

Gargantia - 4
Wow! Shockingly good. I really hope they don't mess this up. So much great atmosphere with them just walking around. I love it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What the? Yeah I get it, my avatar is Akari HA DE HA HA, doesn't mean you leave out almost all my responses to the survey Arti-kun. And I know you got them because you messed up and put some in your final post.

Mature

Cruel Angels Thesis is the greatest opening song in all of anime. Even better thanCowboy Bebops.
I think the Eva OP is one of, if not, the greatest openings, but only coupled with it's visuals. Best OP song? I'd have to think about that.

Actually, I never made a favorite OP list from earlier. Maybe I'll just do that.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm not sure how they're more tasteful, or good to swim in.

The clothing sells the notion that it's revealing for cultural reasons, like an Indian saree.
except for Bellows, she's pure fanservice

Its cute but its a bit revealing though for a young girl.

Cruel Angels Thesis is the greatest opening song in all of anime. Even better thanCowboy Bebops.

It's one of my favorites, but I think that the synth portions have aged a little poorly.

Jex

[Gargantia] - 4

I really do prefer it when this is a show about nothing, or rather, when it's about the conflict of cultures rather than actual dramatic conflict.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Attack On Budget] 04
WBaEIHLl.jpg
wonzo will be happy with this episode.
That ending, though... Goddamn. It was about time. So much shounen and optimism. I was actually getting a bit hopeful there!
No subtext at all, nope.

First few minutes of Bakemonogatari 13

Araragi is a creeper. "I'm sorry I gave you the wrong idea" WHAT DID YOU EXPECT WITH THAT KIND OF APPROACH!?

Gargantia 4

Really really good stuff, great slice of life with just a touch of mystery in Ledo's past to really make this series addicting. How old are the characters supposed to be? Ledo looks like he's 17-18 and Amy looks like she's 14-15 but they're supposed to be about the same age.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
[Attack On Budget] 04

wonzo will be happy with this episode.
That ending, though... Goddamn. It was about time. So much shounen and optimism. I was actually getting a bit hopeful there!

No subtext at all, nope.

Every time I see her she is shoving bread into someone's mouth. What the hell is her problem?

Mature

Gargantia 4

Really really good stuff, great slice of life with just a touch of mystery in Ledo's past to really make this series addicting. How old are the characters supposed to be? Ledo looks like he's 17-18 and Amy looks like she's 14-15 but they're supposed to be about the same age.
Well this is anime so they're probably both around 12.

Branduil

How did you know one of my otps...

Any time two characters hate each other they'll be shipped, it's just a rule of the internet. Although more than one OTP seems like a paradox to me...

That's fairly accurate, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. It's just indicative of the era that it's from.

It's not I guess, I just don't like the song; the vocals and bad synth effects seem so cheesy to me. The visuals are pretty good though.

7Th

OFFICIAL LIST OF 4CHAN SAKUGA THREAD ESSENTIALS

Movies:
A Tree of Palme
AKIRA
Animal Treasure Island
Blood: The Last Vampire
Catnapped!
Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Dead Leaves
Digimon Adventure
Digimon Adventure: Our War Game!
Doraemon: Nobita's Dinosaur
Gauche the Cellist
Genius Party
Genius Party Beyond
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell: Innocence
Grave of the Fireflies
Hashire Melos!
Hols: Prince of the Sun
Howl's Moving Castle
Jin-Roh
Junkers Come Here
Kaiketsu Zorori
Kiki's Delivery Service
K-ON: The Movie
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Mai Mai Miracle
Memories
Metropolis
Millenium Actress
Mind Game
My Neighbor Totoro
My Nighbors the Yamadas
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Neo-Tokyo
Niji-iro Hotaru
One Piece the Movie 6
Only Yesterday
Paprika
Patlabor 2: The Movie
Peek The Whale
Perfect Blue
Pom Poko
Ponyo
Porco Rosso
Princess Mononoke
Redline
Rojin Z
Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise
Spirited Away
Spriggan
Steamboy
Summer Wars
Sword of the Stranger
The Animatrix
The Castle of Cagliostro
The Dagger of Kamui
The End of Evangelion
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Tokyo Godfathers
Whisper of the Heart
Wolf Children

OVAs:
Cat Soup
Cream Lemon Part 4: Pop Chaser
Diebuster
Doomed Megalopolis
FLCL
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still
Golden Boy
Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai!
Gunbuster
Iczer-1
Idol Project
Kara
Kizuna Ichigeki
Leda: The Fantastic Adventure of Yoko
Little Witch Academia
Macross Plus
Megazone 23 Part II
Mezzo Forte
Mighty Space Miners
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Naoko-san
Photon
Birth
Puppet Princess
Re: Cutie Honey
Robot Carnival
R.O.D.
Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal
Saber Marionette R
Street Fighter Alpha: The Movie
Tenyamonya Voyagers
The Hakkenden
The Hakkenden ~Shinsho~
Urotsukidoji
Wild Card
You're Under Arrest! (Pilot episodes of the TV show)
Yozakura Quartet: Hoshi no Umi

TV series:
Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales (Bakeneko episodes)
Blue Comet SPT Layzner
Casshern Sins
City Hunter
Cowboy Bebop
Denno Coil
Dokkoida?!
Dokonjo Gaeru
Eureka Seven
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Future Boy Conan
Hyouka
Kaiba
Kamichu!
Kemonozume
K-On!
K-On!!
Lupin III (First series)
Lupin III (Second series)
Machine Robo: Revenge of Chronos
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
Master Keaton
Medabots
Mononoke
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit
Neo Ranga
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Nichijou
Noein
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Paranoia Agent
Popolocrois Monogatari
Rahxephon
Red Photon Zillion
Samurai Champloo
Space Adventure Cobra
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
The Adventures of Peter Pan
The Tatami Galaxy
The Vision of Escaflowne
Windy Tales
Xam'd

Are you a true sakugabro? (´・ω・`)

Steroyd

PhotoKano - 04

Sister clings onto MC's face (in a swimsuit of course) because she's scared of a bee.

And then...

FCA5SXK.gif

:fireha-- WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUCK!?

Although more than one OTP seems like a paradox to me...

OTP I think pertains just to a certain character. Where as character A could be shipped with character B, C or D, people will champion the pairing, say A with C as their One True Pairing. And perhaps B and D are shippable, so they could be the OTP for those characters.

I think that's how it goes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My Internet was playing up today so I've only read from page 23. If there is something you desperately want me to see then tell me, otherwise it's history.

Pizza Hut is all an essential part of the Code Geass experience.
Well I guess in that case I'll give the show a miss. Pizza Hut is sick with a crust.

Also, did anybody else notice the OP changes?
Oh Good Lord it's Psycho Pass all over again!

Attack of Titan 4

The twin-tailed, black-haired girl who joins the Recon Corps with them is pretty cute. Hopefully, the next episode is intense and well-animated!
Should I be worried that she just appeared out of nowhere and was given no name. That's usually a bad sign.

ib0EGRLVJd2rVp.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18780843/anime/kotoura-san-official-poster.jpg

There's something very wrong with these faces. (and the fact that Crunchyroll is actually charging money for this awful poster)
I assume those in the market for such a poster have already seen the show and thus don't don't need to be told where they can check it out. novid warned us. This is just the beginning.

There is also Earl Grey, the ex-captain of Glorianna who was a fan of the British Cruiser tanks unlike Darjeeling who is more into Infantry tanks.
I can't wait to see her underlings, P.G. Tip and Tetley.

I'm a little girl at heart. Possibly mind too.
I should have put down "You can pretend to be a little girl and no one will bat an eye lid" as one of the great things about this place.

Don't forget Im@s, where Iori~ is queen!
Odd way to spell Haruka.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
PhotoKano - 04

Sister clings onto MC's face (in a swimsuit of course) because she's scared of a bee.

And then...

:fireha-- WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUCK!?

This is the guy who drank a warm Capri Sun because the heat specifically came from a girl's ass warmth. None of this should come as a surprise.

More pick-up posts!

I enjoy the recommendations provided by Anime-GAF.

Corny one liners, 4chan or whatever memes, unfunny pics are depressingly awful.
Please more shipping discussion and awesome fanarts.

Preference for DTL posts

I prefer lighthearted posts that have fun

Recent pickups (ed. note: assumed like)

I thought more pick-up posts are nice, only like five or six people do it, unless alot of the people here dont actually buy anime and other merchandise, I guess. The actual pick up thread out there seems too unspecific, I thought or at least in my time of browsing it once a year.

Otherwise I guess I agree with all those points, I guess, the posts that are often more enjoyable and entertaining to read while I scroll through the thread.

Recommendations are helpful, I still have Haruhi movie, Wolf's Rain, Utena, continuing through Oofuri, Sengoku Basara, Hikaru no Go, Outlaw Star to go through.

I have a preference for posts that point out yuri in shows that I may be missing out on. Posts that shit on females just because they don't have a dick though are garbage.

We must read different animegaf threads, as Ive never seen people post such things about characters like that.

Steroyd

OTP I think pertains just to a certain character. Where as character A could be shipped with character B, C or D, people will champion the pairing, say A with C as their One True Pairing. And perhaps B and D are shippable, so they could be the OTP for those characters.

I think that's how it goes.

I can understand it with different people championing their own personal OTP, but one person champion multiples is practically a harem.

We must read different animegaf threads, as Ive never seen people post such things about characters like that.

Let me help you a little.

FZMUrgC.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Its cute but its a bit revealing though for a young girl.

its more tasteful than the usual 15 year old anime girl attire.
Her outfit gives off a cultural tribal vibe.

I don't really like the Eva OP all that much to be honest. It's so '90s.

that is the greatest thing about it! 90's themes were just the best!

Are you a true sakugabro? (´・ω・`)

no Birdy the Mighty decode?!

I guess they aren't Sakugabros either.

jgminto

Gargantia 4
So much better than last week. No shitty pirates in sight. It was great to learn more about the fleet and Ledo himself. He's a great protagonist and his unique perspective keeps him from being just another generic teen pilot. Hopefully there's more of this and the terrible pirates never return, create a better enemy clan instead.

Hataraku Maou-sama 4

Didn't like how the conflict between them ended quite abrubtly after Chi and Alsiel appeared and should have been resolved better instead of worrying about Chi running off.
Don't get mad because Maou knows what's really important

I should at least finish what I started with these.

---------------------------------------------------------------

From the “preferences for types of posts that aren't covered by the above categories” section:
I have a preference for posts that point out yuri in shows that I may be missing out on. Posts that shit on females just because they don't have a dick though are garbage.
Gee, I wonder who said that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom