• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

ibhBr09XVgRk1z.gif

( ⊙ Y ⊙ )​

FpicS6w.gif

Articalys

Explain this to me. What exactly is this?
"The Miyakawa-ke no Kūfuku (The Miyakawa Family's Hunger) manga is based on the Lucky Star Moe Drill game series and centers around big sister Hinata Miyakawa and little sister Hikage Miyakawa's impoverished daily life at home (due to Hinata's wasteful habits) and Hikage's life at elementary school."

It's basically 3-minute-long episodes of nothing, but the mere prospect of Yamakan in charge of something related to Lucky Star, no matter how tangentially, is hilarious. Also Aya Hirano and Emiri Kato are singing the OP.

Milamber

Ah, those background characters in the episodes of the Akiba trip and the Culture Fests. They were strangely too well done to be BG charas.

"The Miyakawa-ke no Kūfuku (The Miyakawa Family's Hunger) manga is based on the Lucky Star Moe Drill game series and centers around big sister Hinata Miyakawa and little sister Hikage Miyakawa's impoverished daily life at home (due to Hinata's wasteful habits) and Hikage's life at elementary school."

It's basically 3-5 minute-long episodes of nothing, but the mere prospect of Yamakan in charge of something related to Lucky Star, no matter how tangentially, is hilarious. Also Aya Hirano and Emiri Kato are singing the OP.

Ah, thanks. Is there any indication of how far off this is?
I don't understand what is going on here.
This is what happens when we deviate from SAO talk.

Articalys

Okay, so that was basically nothing, as expected. Now they're just streaming a recording from a radio show or something.

Also, the other noteworthy thing is that the only disc release this is going to get is as a DVD bundled with an upcoming Lucky Star manga volume.

Jintor

Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA 1

I continue to be really impressed at how funny this show can be even though it's not much more than a bajillion perverted 4koma jokes per second. I think the timing component is expertly approached - jokes that would be crap if they weren't like a half-second long hit like a train, instead. And the sound effects especially are absolutely hilarious.

It's a good thing I had a break though after finishing the 13-episode season, because otherwise it would probably be overload.

ED is still one of the coolest things I've ever seen

http://www.fukuishimbun.co.jp/localnews/society/42133.html

Some sort of news article about on-location research for an upcoming October anime about high school boys and friendship or something. Further translation assistance would be appreciated.

What anime is this, sounds like it will be really awesome.

Oh right, the weekly iTunes Japan Anison Top 30 count:

10) Maji Love 2000% by ST☆RISH (Uta no Prince-sama 2000% ED)
44) Boku Janai by angela (Valvrave ED)
53) Preserved Roses by Nana Mizuki x T.M.Revolution TV SIZE (Valvrave OP)

Interestingly enough, that last one is actually under the Rock category unlike the rest, which are all in the Anime category.

Guess Syo Kurusu's Idol song will be on the next week, really good song. angela deserves to be even higher, its so good.

Mushibugyo 4
tumblr_mm0oz3xnhl1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I think I'd have Tenma, master if the paper, probably second favorite. Jinbei first. I like how Jinbei always lands the best and most stylish blow no matter the enemy and even no matter if its defeated or not, never gets old.

I too would have screamed if someone handed me a mystery bag full of millipedes that popped out like that. Huge trust breach and wrong :(

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA 1

I continue to be really impressed at how funny this show can be even though it's not much more than a bajillion perverted 4koma jokes per second. I think the timing component is expertly approached - jokes that would be crap if they weren't like a half-second long hit like a train, instead. And the sound effects especially are absolutely hilarious.

It's a good thing I had a break though after finishing the 13-episode season, because otherwise it would probably be overload.

ED is still one of the coolest things I've ever seen

The question that has to be asked though is what would happen if the MC tried to make a move?

Nisemonogatari 4

So this dude
Kaiku
seems to be popping up pissing people off with his shit. I always wondered what the hell is with the interior design. It's like a bath tub in a cathedral or something.

And then Shinobu appeared
in the nude..... there was nipple outlines. I don't know what I expected, but despite not finishing the episode, I don't think there's anything left in this episode that will distract me from what just happened.

But it's okay, she's a vampire!

Ka-ka!

Is it wrong that I really enjoyed this episode? Really the most shocking thing to me here was
hearing Shinobu talk! I really enjoyed her VA and the banter!
Believe it or not this isn't even the scene that shocked most viewers during this show. Also the interior design is just Shaft being Shaft.

Coxy

Kyojin 4

Awesome training montage at the start. How is Potato girl so awesome?
that creepy laugh and meat lust <3 and the last minute save was pretty cool too. Was NOT expecting shit to go down again so soon, I thought they'd score some easy victories or something first

Articalys

Coinciding with that discussion about favorite OPs a while back, here's a poll that's not Biglobe for once -- the most popular anime OP singles from series based on 90s Shonen Jump manga.

http://ranking.goo.ne.jp/ranking/026/g66QBuQPPX6o/

1) Cha-La-Head-Cha-La (Dragonball Z)
2) Sobakasu (Rurouni Kenshin)
3) Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku (Dragonball GT)
4) Kimi ga Suki da to Sakebitai (Slam Dunk)
5) We Are (One Piece)
6) Smile Bomb (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Rest of the top 20 are at the link.

sonicmj1

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure OVA 3

That was the most uneventful plane crash ever.

The back third of the episode felt a little rushed, but I liked how they set the scene on the ghost ship. This also shows for the first time just how much potential stand powers have. Ripple never could have done anything like this.

This episode might be the end of introducing new heroes. That'd mean good times to come.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hataraki Maou-Sama 1-4

Holy fuck this show is fantastic. Easily the best comedy this season and a total blast to watch. Getting worried though that the cast is going to balloon pretty soon. The small cast it has right now adds a level of intimacy that isnt really there when they start focusing on new characters.

-Horizon-

Mushibugyo 4
I'd probably be scarred for life as well to have a ton of bug filled fruit drop around you while young

Nisemonogatari 4

So this dude
Kaiku
seems to be popping up pissing people off with his shit. I always wondered what the hell is with the interior design. It's like a bath tub in a cathedral or something.

And then Shinobu appeared
in the nude..... there was nipple outlines. I don't know what I expected, but despite not finishing the episode, I don't think there's anything left in this episode that will distract me from what just happened.

But it's okay, she's a vampire!
And you're not even at the best part of the show yet.

Jintor

Hataraki Maou - 04

May I unleash the Dullahan?

Permission granted.

Lost my shit at that part.

Absolutely, lol. Alsiel/Azrael (I can't figure out if Alsiel is an actual demonic name, it certainly sounds about right, I think it might be a corruption of Azrael though) is so great as a dude who just adheres to the chain of command at all times.

Lucifel/r sounds like a right jerkbag though.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Absolutely, lol. Alsiel/Azrael (I can't figure out if Alsiel is an actual demonic name, it certainly sounds about right, I think it might be a corruption of Azrael though) is so great as a dude who just adheres to the chain of command at all times.

Lucifel/r sounds like a right jerkbag though.

Azazel?

cajunator

Banned
Just finished Texhnolyze. Probably one of the most beautiful shows I have seen in a while with regards to art and animation. The story and characters were unfortunately unsatisfying.

Greetings!
I have yet to experience Tehxnolyze, but your avatar/username does contain one of my favorite animes of all time so I think we should get along quite well.

School Days 7 - 12 END

Wow, that was fucking crazy! A few episodes before 7 had some surprises, but after that, it became this roller coaster ride of emotions in an exaggerated high school setting. Somewhere along that ride, Makoto
becomes an irresistible womanizer that every chick in the school wants to get with and a lot of them do. This happens while he is still technically cheating on Kotonoha with Sekai. Along side that, the School Festival takes place where a bunch of the girls run a secret small scale love lounge within the school that gets plenty of use.

Revelations occur where the girls' lounge gets exposed, and other girls try to make their move on Makoto even when he's asleep. Kotonoha begins to lose her grip on life while continuously catching said girls make their moves on Makoto at the worst times.

Everything keeps escalating more and more as the situation gets worst. It all builds up to a glorious finale that had my jaw on the floor multiple times.
I was spoiled that Kotonoha cuts Makoto's head off long ago so I always assumed that she was the one who killed him. Boy, was I surprised when I saw what actually happened.

It was completely ridiculous, trashy, and overly dramatic in the best possible ways. I loved it.

Nice boat.

Well this isnt as emotionally devastated a reaction as people like to see from this show but it will do. A pity you kind of knew what was going to happen.

I actually can't remember the last time someone got banned for lewd in the anime thread -- I think it was for a Precure picture that went just a bit too far?

Chickdigger last posted a picture of Yayoi that wasnt really explicit but certainly had implications of such.
ALso this particular gif he posted doesnt seem bannable really. Why was that considered bannable? Ive seen much worse in here posted before that got away with it?

I made the same gif when commenting on Muromi.

Again this doesnt look very nsfw. Its pretty tame. Just looks silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom