• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I'd say it's very nsfw, it's certainly not the sort of thing I'd want other people to see while browsing at work.

I thought NSFW meant explicit stuff?
Like showing actual sexual things or nipples or what have you.
THat is just some silly looking exaggerated boob jiggling gif like ones that get posted here a lot. Unless those are all getting banned and Im missing something.
My boss is the kind of guy who would just laugh at that picture. I dont think he knows what anime is.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
THat is just some silly looking exaggerated boob jiggling gif like ones that get posted here a lot. Unless those are all getting banned and Im missing something.
My boss is the kind of guy who would just laugh at that picture. I dont think he knows what anime is.

RATED T:

Sexually Suggestive Scenes.

Jarmel

Banned

Duckroll is a bit more strict seemingly compared to other mods in regards to ecchi.

cajunator

Banned
Duckroll is a bit more strict seemingly compared to other mods in regards to ecchi.

I dont want to derail by talking about a stupid boob gif because I hate them in general, but it just seemed like a pretty benign gif in context with what things are discussed here, some of which is extremely borderline.

Jintor

Cajun it's not about where you work, it's about a hypothetical workplace or school environment where that shit ain't cool

images attract more immediate attention than text, too, especially moving images involving jubblies

Jarmel

Banned
Cajun it's not about where you work, it's about a hypothetical workplace or school environment where that shit ain't cool

images attract more immediate attention than text, too, especially moving images involving jubblies

That was still pretty in line with some other gifs I've seen of real people in OT.

cajunator

Banned

You mean like most of this entire thread?
What about the Senran Kagura gif? Is that allowed? What is the definitive line between SFW and NSFW? thats all Im asking.

cajunator

Banned
It's a cartoon girl playing with her tits. I don't think that would fly in most workspaces.

Well, yea.

Im just saying stuff like the Senran Kagura girl butt colliding gif is allowed so how is that any different? They even lose most of their clothing.
I aint saying that Chickdigger wasnt stupid for pushing the envelope because he always does that, but the standard between sfw and nsfw here is VERY confusing and clouded and I think some clarification should be made as to what is allowed and what isnt. Just so it doesnt happen again or something.

Jarmel

Banned
Im just saying stuff like the Senran Kagura girl butt colliding gif is allowed so how is that any different? They even lose most of their clothing.
I aint saying that Chickdigger wasnt stupid for pushing the envelope because he always does that, but the standard between sfw and nsfw here is VERY confusing and clouded and I think some clarification should be made as to what is allowed and what isnt. Just so it doesnt happen again or something.

Just don't post. If there is even a remote possibility, just don't post it. The Senran shouldn't be allowed either but whatever.

Reknoc

Well:

Just don't post. If there is even a remote possibility, just don't post it. The Senran shouldn't be allowed either but whatever.

Yea.

I do think that muromi gif is more lewd though.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
One time I had to edit out official artwork of Madoka, that seemed to have gained a couple of pounds, in a swimsuit.

Lewd.

Theonik

NSFW means something isn't suitable for a work environment, now if something is explicit you shouldn't link it on GAF at all, proper etiquette calls for any questionable material to be linked and flagged accordingly. After all GAF strives to be a site that can be read in a work environment. Really it's not more effort to link something...
Edit:
As for seeming double standards in the enforcement of such etiquette I digress, some mods are more lenient than others, you should still use common sense in what you post.

cajunator

Banned
This is one reason why I just stick to posting Cute. Cute is SFW> Well except links to cute, which I discovered can occasionally link to not so SFW imagery that might be at the bottom of said Cute page.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

I don't think it's particularly hard to not post images that could be considered NSFW. It's not like the goal of this thread is to post the most risque image without getting banned, so I don't see the problem.

cajunator

Banned
I don't think it's particularly hard to not post images that could be considered NSFW. It's not like the goal of this thread is to post the most risque image without getting banned, so I don't see the problem.

I was only talking about the strange double standards that exist.
I dont post images like that anyway so it doesnt really affect me.

cajunator

Banned
Ugh. Stuck studying for test. I'll have to catch up tonight.

I dont have to work tonight.
Tomorrow morning I have to go in and then work three extra days again though. Which sucks.
I met my boss at the festival though and he was talking to my mother and made me seem like the greatest employee he ever had, which was kind of flattering actually.

cajunator

Banned
Splendid, all-around capable animator Takahiro Kishida did those, it says so on the episode credits (エンディングイラスト: 岸田隆宏) below the ending song name and its performers.

I cannot read silly moon runes.
But thanks for the information.

/XX/

I cannot read silly moon runes.
But thanks for the information.
You're welcome! And don't usually read them either, as I simply have memorized some specific ideograms and search for the rest... obsessively looking for staff names on this way has its perks on the long run! ;-)

BluWacky

Splendid, all-around capable animator Takahiro Kishida did those, it says so on the episode credits (エンディングイラスト: 岸田隆宏) below the ending song name and its performers.

He's also the show's character designer, and a frequent collaborator with Shoji Kawamori and Satelight as a studio.

People will be more familiar with his bug-eyed designs from his interpretation of Abe's work for Lain, of course.

Jarmel

Banned

Thank you, I'll go through his profile later as I'm somewhat busy right now. He isn't attributed towards the ending cards in ANN so this is pretty informative. Guy did Baccano too. That's one thing I despise about kanji is that it's really hard to look for stuff if you don't know what the kanji means in atleast katakana.

/XX/

He's also the show's character designer, and a frequent collaborator with Shoji Kawamori and Satelight as a studio.

People will be more familiar with his bug-eyed designs from his interpretation of Abe's work for Lain, of course.
And he is close friends with 'realist' Norio Matsumoto, tag-teaming for shows... way to go!

Ka-ka!

Is it wrong that I really enjoyed this episode? Really the most shocking thing to me here was
hearing Shinobu talk! I really enjoyed her VA and the banter!
Believe it or not this isn't even the scene that shocked most viewers during this show. Also the interior design is just Shaft being Shaft.

Well yeah, there was that. It was so leeewd though. And then there was the sister with the knife.

Branduil

Takahiro Kishida is a good animation character designer. He's adapted a lot of original designs for animation while still allowing you to tell who the original character designer was.

7Th

Takahiro Kishida is a good animation character designer. He's adapted a lot of original designs for animation while still allowing you to tell who the original character designer was.

He is a good animation character designer, but I don't think "allowing you to tell who the original character designer was" is something worth praising. For example, Durarara would have looked much better if he pulled a Ryo-chimo and didn't give a shit about keeping the awful Suzuhito Yasuda style:

Ryo-chimo:
tumblr_mkqj6f7fko1r7c87xo1_1280.jpg

Suzuhito Yasuda:
tumblr_mkqj6f7fko1r7c87xo2_400.jpg

The best character designs TAKE OVER the original designs and make them their own.

Branduil

He is a good animation character designer, but I don't think "allowing you to tell who the original character designer was" is something worth praising. For example, Durarara would have looked much better if he pulled a Ryo-chimo and didn't give a shit about keeping the awful Suzuhito Yasuda style:

The best character designs TAKE OVER the original designs and make them their own.

You're just saying that because you don't like Suzuhito Yasuda, though. I'm glad he didn't "take over" Abe's style for Serial Experiments Lain, or Ume's for Madoka.

Looks like Devil Survivor Overclocked designs? One looks like an off coloured YooHoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom