• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

Whats the consensus on MJP? Has Yoshida betrayed us?

Huh, a sequel series 6 years after the original? That's crazy.
But I need to finish Strawberry Night though!

The original is one of the most famous dorama ever. That it took them this long to make a sequel (and changed up pretty much all the supporting cast) owes to the fact that the main dude is such a big star that he barely works. This is his 3rd drama in 6 years.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm assuming this is SSO Yoshida and not Jinsei Best 10 Yoshida.

The original is one of the most famous dorama ever. That it took them this long to make a sequel (and changed up pretty much all the supporting cast) owes to the fact that the main dude is such a big star that he barely works. This is his 3rd drama in 6 years.
I don't even know what it means to be a big jdrama star. Is he on variety shows all the time or something? lol

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

I liked it at first, but it's slowly getting worse with each episode. Started out as a robot show with a decent sense of humor, but the humor and the characters are starting to wear thin.

zeroshiki

I don't even know what it means to be a big jdrama star. Is he on variety shows all the time or something? lol

No, quite the opposite. He doesn't show up in variety shows. That's actually one of the big things about him. He does do music shows though, since he's a platinum selling singer :lol

Need to watch Galileo S2E01 tonight...
Fukuyama is also a famous singer.

He's like in the top 10 best selling aritsts ever.

One Outs, nobody wins but I!

Come at me bro
4qPyrCW.jpg

JCG

Valvrave 3

I'm just going to accept that this show accepts its absurdity/stupidity and just runs with it.

That's why I'm enjoying the absurdity. As in...I could type up a list of "real" complaints, in serious business mode, but what would be the use?

The people behind the show would laugh them off and tell me to re-examine why I'm even watching this.

But for the record, the animation did go down in quality. I guess it's inevitable to start saving up for later battles at this point.

In terms of stuff the episode did "well" other than being ridiculously fun, at least they gave the secondary characters something to do and started dealing with the fallout of all this mess.

CorvoSol

Vision of Escaflowne 7

BWHAHAHAHAHA HITOMI IS BOTH HIGH AND DRUNK AT THIS HIGH SOCIETY BANQUET. BWHAHAHAHA.

Is Faulken supposed to look like Meta Knight? Is Van supposed to remind me of Heero Yuy so much? Does every woman not named Merl in this show crave Beautiful Sephiroth's hunky hair do? BWAHAHAHA "OH HEEEEY VAN YOU BEEN DRINKIN' TOO?"

OOOOOOOOOOOH NO HE DI'N'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are stupid, Hitomi, but that's beside the point. Why are you still wearing a dress you tore? MIDDLE AGE FROG ASSASSINS OH HO HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hell is a shadowgraph?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No, quite the opposite. He doesn't show up in variety shows. That's actually one of the big things about him. He does do music shows though, since he's a platinum selling singer :lol

He's like in the top 10 best selling aritsts ever.

I mean, Andy Lau has albums and movies and shit too... but he makes like a movie a year. lol

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
That's why I'm enjoying the absurdity. As in...I could type up a list of "real" complaints, in serious business mode, but what would be the use?

The people behind the show would laugh them off and tell me to re-examine why I'm even watching this.

But for the record, the animation did go down in quality. I guess it's inevitable to start saving up for later battles at this point.

In terms of stuff the episode did "well" other than being ridiculously fun, at least they gave the secondary characters something to do and started dealing with the fallout of all this mess.

I think they intentionally overlook its flaws and logical problems just for the sake of. One thing I am legitimately curious is how their cybersociety works. I think it's very itneresting.

zeroshiki

I mean, Andy Lau has albums and movies and shit too... but he makes like a movie a year. lol

Andy Lau is mainly an actor and does singing on the side :p

Fukuyama Masaharu is kinda the opposite. This would be like if Jackie Cheung was way more popular as an actor.

Of course, I am right and you are wrong!
So you're still not admitting that you're wrong? That's too bad. :)

I mean, seriously, not every apocalypse means the end of humanity for sure just because the series suggests that it might happen!

Here we go. Three-minute PV for Fate/Kaleid Liner☆Prisma Illya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aqZQmXSNkA

Note: there is no action in the trailer. At all. It's probably from the first ten minutes of the first episode or something.
First 10 minutes? Heck, that could be the first 3 minutes... or maybe something not in it at all. We'll see. Nice intro though. I guess the concept is "Iliya's last normal day" or something.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I would pay money to wipe Code Geass from my mind just to watch it with virgin eyes again.

Uhh... why only get a half a glass of wine when you can get the whole bottle? Just go back in time and enjoy it with other people as it's airing! LOL.

jgminto

I hope that's not the case. That'd be sort of... sad.

Really? I think it makes it more amazing like Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. When you know someone is genuinely enthusiastic about something it makes it more enjoyable, but if I knew it was just some dudes trying to make something stupid it's less exciting.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Not having the weekly wait and hype buildup is kinda a letdown though.

I'd pay money to wipe everyone's memory of code geass so we can do a simulwatch for the first time again.

(Because I missed it the first time around qqqq)

Dresden

Really? I think it makes it more amazing like Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. When you know someone is genuinely enthusiastic about something it makes it more enjoyable, but if I knew it was just some dudes trying to make something stupid it's less exciting.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm sure the creators know exactly what they're making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom