• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shergal

Does the timing after Hyouka line up for Takemoto and Gatoh for there to be a new FMP? Its barely been a year.

Yeah it probably lines up. Barely a year happened between Nichijou and Chuu2, or the K-On! movie and Tamako.
I would guess that FMP being an established property, any pre-production would be substantially shorter than the timeframe needed for original properties. But I don't really have any idea about this.

Jex

Valvrave 03

Oh boy.

This is the fastest a show has jumped the shark for me. I'm kinda impressed. L-Elf stunts in this episode was too ridiculous to forgive even for this type of schlocky show. He's like Kira, Lelouch, and Suzaku rolled in one.

The show really doesn't even bother to make them seem remotely plausible in any shape or manner. It's amazingly bare-faced about it.

Shergal

The timeframe is possible but that's really it.
Well there's that surprisingly accurate rumour from 2ch that predicted everything right about Chuu2 and Miyakawa's hunger

I heard an interesting tale regarding some new anime news. I was only able to hear about Haruhi, Miyakawa-ke's Hunger, and Full Metal Panic.

KyoAni only wanted to do one of them. Full Metal would be done with Gatou and the person said the other two would be Ordet, though they're not sure about Haruhi.

They should definitely be working on Full Metal. Chuunibyou's about half-way done (umx note: this was in August 2012)

Though they couldn't say anything for Haruhi, Miyakawa-ke would be streamed first on Nico or some other service before being released as an OVA.

While Tanigawa hopes a third season could be made, KyoAni is reluctant to do it! They feel they moved on once the movie was done. So perhaps the impression is that Yamakan would do it I wonder... I can't remember if Ordet would do it... Sorry that my memory is fuzzy.

And the fact that the one credited as the host of today's announcement is associated with Fuji TV, which was the main sponsor for Fumoffu.

But yeah it's mostly wild guessing, and I don't think there's a big chance either.

Dresden

hataraku maou-sama - 04

That bit with Rika was as subtle as a brick, but Emi's breakdown later on still worked so it all works out. It's like, real emotion and stuff. I missed that after watching the new Rebuild movie.

A church in my japanese fantasy text? Clearly evil.

Still a good show.

zeroshiki

Well there's that surprisingly accurate rumour from 2ch that predicted everything right about Chuu2 and Miyakawa's hunger

And the fact that the one credited as the host of today's announcement is associated with Fuji TV, which was the main sponsor for Fumoffu.

But yeah it's mostly wild guessing, and I don't think there's a big chance either.

Noitamina + KyoAni would be awesome either way.

Do you have a name for the host? I can't seem to find a source.

Watch this shit be Another.

This would be such a huge troll that I think it could be possible.

For what its worth, alot of the 2ch speculation is centered around the naked swimming boys thing.

Steroyd

Valvrave - 03

All those shots panning at the despair and tired civilians students holed up after being in a war.

RdFf7HH.jpg

Fucking Otakus

The adoration to the MC was as sickening as Spiderman 3 was, and then we're treated to McGyver meets LeLouch and then lolwut at the end.

Valvrave 3

You know I thought this was going to be two sides with grey morality, but it seems like L-Elf and the Dorsians are cemented as villain fuckhats. If we're meant to totally sympathize with them after all this, well then....

Valvrave the liberator - 03

truly we have the successor to geass here.
so this week, we have haruto getting his twilight on and almost vamping one of his class mates, windows 8 powered future technology. L-elf channeling his inner kira/suzaku/lelouche by single handily taking out a large force of ARUS soldiers, with nothing more than a screw, some broken glass and explosive materials he seemed to pull out of his ass. On the students side of things surprisingly second waifu Rukino seems to be the most level headed character thus far, and thus was relegated to yuri-bait with the token megane wearing student. There was no mecha action this week, but the episode ends with a M'dokes twist with L-elf asking haruto to make a contract with him to save the Universe dorussia

Overall this show is really stupid, and im loving every moment thus far. this and gargantia are making this season pretty good for me, for completely different reasons.

Jex

Valvrave - 03

All those shots panning at the despair and tired civilians students holed up after being in a war.

The adoration to the MC was as sickening as Spiderman 3 was, and then we're treated to McGyver meets LeLouch and then lolwut at the end.

L-elf makes John Rambo look like an incompetent toddler.

CorvoSol

MOBILE SUIT ZETA GUNDAM 26

THIS EYEBROWLESS GUY IN A YELLOW UNIFORM JUST CROTCH GRABBED THIS GUY.

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY

Oh boy, another stupid ass kid steals a mobile suit or whatever and rushes on to the battlefield. That's like, the story of this show. In fact, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam drinking game: Every time some kid steals a fighter and jumps ship with it because whatever, take a shot. Take two shots if someone tells them not to do it but does NOTHING to stop them.

The Zeta Gundam is pretty boss. Not as cool as the Hiaku Shiki, nor as boss as Lt. Emma, though.

Dresden

Christ you guys are good. After you posted the name I looked him up and realized it sounded familiar to me too from his roles in Idolmaster and Sasami-san.
Dresden, which role did you connect him to?

I just recognized him from Sasami-san (just looked up who voiced Kamiomi).

cajunator

Banned
Wait we're on a new OT? YOU PEOPLE GO THROUGH OTS LIKE, well, I don't know like the Poopsmith goes through rolls of toilet paper or something.

Cain't never subscribe to an animu thread cuz every two weeks we have a new one.

I clocked in at 1/3 the posts Cajun made! Woooooo!

congratulations on your landmark achievement :D

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also, I just learned today that the replacement VA for Kamen Rider Kabuto (heard here in the trailer) was Tsuyoshi Takishita (mostly known as Sima Yi in Dynasty Warriors, but also had some bit roles in various anime), who just passed away recently. This was his final role. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
In honor of the new thread, have some photos of the new light novel releases of the week.

Volume 8 of Infinite Stratos is finally out.

The reprints of the first few novels are out too, complete with new artist.

And then there's a new volume of Aria: The Scarlet Ammo. Lol.

I wonder if crazy fans will rebuy the old volumes for the sake of continuity/completionist OCD.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
And that's where the ending comes in, Rio has heard of a place which is recovering, supposedly, so that is where Kanata and her are going at the end, as Kanata thinks about what her own dream is.[/spoiler]

And that is also where Firehawk12 and me disagree about this show -- we both loved it, but I think that
the ending leaves some hope for humanity and the future, while all he can see is YKK and the end of people and stuff.
He's still wrong!

Of course, I am right and you are wrong!

Lain

Red Data Girl 6

Oh oh oh, that sudden
confrontation at the end. The power struggle as a motif is not really exciting, but let's see where it goes.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Valvrave the Liberator 03:

Bjn9hEl.jpg

Between the fact that matters of military importance for the entire human race are communicated on fucking Space Twitter,
L-Elf's vastly improbable escape and insane xanatos gambit called in advance down to the second
and
his successfully using a smoke bomb AGAINST A SPACESHIP
, I just don't even know what to say. What a fucking piece of work this show is. It's really showing great potential to be special.

cajunator

Banned

Bjn9hEl.jpg

Between the fact that matters of military importance for the entire human race are communicated on fucking Space Twitter,
L-Elf's vastly improbable escape and insane xanatos gambit called in advance down to the second
and
, I just don't even know what to say. What a fucking piece of work this show is. It's really showing great potential to be special.

this sounds positively Geassian.
thats a great thing btw.

End of Heartcatch Precure!: The Movie

http://puu.sh/2HjOs.jpg < Every Precure in Heartcatch, so I'll leave it as that unless people don't care.

Well the entire movie was interesting. Although at times, I still wonder who is the real main lead here. The movie ALMOST got away with me jumping up and shouting that it didn't use such things and was the greatest thing to come out of Precure. Despite that, there were some glimpses, but it wasn't the whole WAVE YOUR PRODUCT PLACEMENT, but I guess everyone powering up the Spirit Bomb. It is a reminder that PreCures are in fact a team, and should not prioritize one character over everyone else in regards to power ups.

I think the best part in regards to being interesting, is that it wasn't like how GoGo did it in where it made itself interesting, whether it was cooking people alive, wanting to eat girls...

Or even the villian forcing himself on the main lead
while possessing her lover http://puu.sh/2HjZd.jpg
. It cared about every aspect of this film, and it does Heartcatch Precure! Great respect in regards to its quality.

With this over, I don't have to worry about the OPs spoiling the shit out of movie now, so I can finish Heartcatch.... and then take a break before I go beyond episode 5 for Suite and Smile. The latter actually managed to infuriate me in regards to the introductions.

Saprol

[Valvrave] 3

What? That shouldn't have worked at all. They don't even need mecha when shit like this goes down.

jgminto

That was so damn stupid. Are they really
piloting that thing by looking out the window? I'd hate to see how their airlines handle flying through clouds.
lol

CorvoSol

congratulations on your landmark achievement :D

I'm trying to decide if I am a third as cool as you, or if I have two thirds more of a life than you.

Bjn9hEl.jpg

and

You laugh about twitter, but Israel had a pretty big propaganda campaign going on during its military campaign against Hamas on Twitter.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Code Geass R2 Rewatch 3, 5

LOLOLOLOL.

Code Geass R2 Rewatch 4, 6-7

These episodes are actually some of the better episodes. Really fun to watch and well paced.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Bjn9hEl.jpg

and

Fucking amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom