• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

SQn2d92.jpg

Dragoshi1

I agree on the Maou-sama like Disgaea.

It just gives off that nonchalant wacky Disgaea vibe.

Heck, our two demon main characters are more or less a modern Fenrich and Valvatorez.

Disgaea usually turns common tropes about demons and angels and stuff on its head, and this show does too.

Shergal

Valvrave 3
This wasn't nearly as ENTERTAINING as the previous two episodes. The production values have now conclusively gone to insufferable levels too.

Going to watch a few more, hopefully they deliver.

One Outs, nobody wins but I!

Lycaons play their last preparation games against the BlueMars. Tokuchi's contract is ridicilous but he has a yearly salary of over 4billion Yen. The Owner is doing everything he can to win all his money back. He even plots with the owner of the BlueMars and get rid of Tokuchi, deliberatly give an injury and render him useless. His One Outs contract states he must obey the Owner no matter what, even he is not physically able to...

Tokuchis revenge on one of the BlueMars players trying to injure him:

rolf

Lol I just realized this is the new OT :eek:

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Jojo's Bizarre Adventure] (2000) 3
Not!Guile Polnareff is awesome, and Silver Chariot has to be my favourite stand yet. The battle with Magician Red was great, too. Lots of sfx sakuga, although it was hard to follow at times because of the silliness of the action. I guess that comes with the source material.
At the rate they are going Jojo will have enough people for an RPG campaign before I start the second OVA series

Lol, so ridiculous. Also, gore. Delicious cringe-worthy gore.

Kagami

Valvrave 3

Really? Did I need to see the otaku kid snuggling his naked animu woman pillow? Do you really want me to believe that mankind has advanced to having giant robots and space colonies galore, but not weeded out this fad? WHY.
Maybe he's too poor to afford a naked animu woman hologram-forcefield projector.

Heartcatch Precure 40

I wonder what the emergency protocol in most school systems is for "school turns into a giant monster and starts attacking everybody". Itsuki is such a fucking leader, man. Sucks she's leaving the SC presidency and leaving it to that big-schnozzed wiener. I want her charging the battlefield with flag in hand, should that ever become necessary.

RIP Sasorina. Or more accurately, AIP (Awaken in peace; yeah I know that's the lamest thing anybody ever wrote but I don't give a fuck). Now the real Sasorina can go on, living in peace after having been taken in by the Desert Messengers. I thought she was dead for a bit there, and I was a little disappointed at first to see that she was actually alive, but I guess she had her heart flower returned to her...or something? Eh. Was actually a little moved by Kumojacky and Cobraja there and the way they honored a fallen ally. And now they're gonna get serious. They're evil, but they care about each other. I respect that.

This was one of the few episode that made me "?" a little.
I guess you could say that
She goes her heart back but to me , that was her current personality. the true sasorina i knew is dead. Glad we won't see her in her "real" self.

ZMawP8n.png

Microsoft won the war.
It doesn't matter i hate this interface !

Phi Brain 23

I wonder who clean the PUZZLES if they turn the loser into a bloody mess.

Well It fall upon the organisation to clean the mess.Given that they have their own special multi layered base on a island + various facilities cleaning a corpse should be no big deal.

End of Heartcatch Precure!: The Movie

http://puu.sh/2HjOs.jpg < Every Precure in Heartcatch, so I'll leave it as that unless people don't care.

Well the entire movie was interesting. Although at times, I still wonder who is the real main lead here. The movie ALMOST got away with me jumping up and shouting that it didn't use such things and was the greatest thing to come out of Precure. Despite that, there were some glimpses, but it wasn't the whole WAVE YOUR PRODUCT PLACEMENT, but I guess everyone powering up the Spirit Bomb. It is a reminder that PreCures are in fact a team, and should not prioritize one character over everyone else in regards to power ups.

I think the best part in regards to being interesting, is that it wasn't like how GoGo did it in where it made itself interesting, whether it was cooking people alive, wanting to eat girls...

Or even the villian forcing himself on the main lead
while possessing her lover http://puu.sh/2HjZd.jpg
. It cared about every aspect of this film, and it does Heartcatch Precure! Great respect in regards to its quality.

With this over, I don't have to worry about the OPs spoiling the shit out of movie now, so I can finish Heartcatch.... and then take a break before I go beyond episode 5 for Suite and Smile. The latter actually managed to infuriate me in regards to the introductions.

I agree. Precure Gogo Movie was very well done.. and Precure gogo was a fun serie overall.

It's just a shame you have to watch the first season ( horrible ) to enjoy the much improved second. At least the Yes! precure saga left us with 2 incredibly good movies.

Devil Survivor 2 episode 4
This is a pretty terrible show. I'm going to drop it, but I think I'll stick around another week to see this Airi duckroll keeps raving about. And then I'll forget I ever watched this so it won't taint the experience when I play the actual game.

zeroshiki

You guys really shouldn't do this to yourselves.

FMP is such a long shot that getting your hopes up is only setting yourself up for disappointment.

(I hope I'm wrong :( )

Jintor

I thought it was because it had a Big One (or big three) posters that discourages new folk!

gotta admit, the dumbass arguments that erupt every wednesday wear on you after a while

if shonengaf was the entire thread it'd be so, so interminable

Jex

You guys really shouldn't do this to yourselves.

FMP is such a long shot that getting your hopes up is only setting yourself up for disappointment.

(I hope I'm wrong :( )
You can't do reverse psychology on an entire company.

Theonik

First, for location, the map makes it clear that the series takes place in what is now Japan (and maybe China too). Everything else about the setting... uh, well, that just is. Accept it or not.

Second, SnW doesn't have real yuri, and I'm fine with that. It's great the way it is.

Beyond that, the desert is expanding because the world is in really bad shape and getting worse. As ep. 13 suggests, it's unclear if humanity will ultimately survive this or not... the seas are already mostly dead, after all, and a lot of land is barren as well.

And that's where the ending comes in, Rio has heard of a place which is recovering, supposedly, so that is where Kanata and her are going at the end, as Kanata thinks about what her own dream is.

And that is also where Firehawk12 and me disagree about this show -- we both loved it, but I think that
the ending leaves some hope for humanity and the future, while all he can see is YKK and the end of people and stuff.
He's still wrong!

No way! I want to see Kanata and Rio's adventures
in search of Rio's dream...

That's all true, isn't it... and it is really weird. The show is really amazing though, regardless if location-wise it makes no sense. It's a completely weird mishmash.

True, but even so, that image does a good job of showing how silly that element of the series is. :)

For Edit2, because panzers. (As for Edit1, you said it yourself.)
Not sure if it is meant to be Japan based on that map, I did think it could have been and that giant country could have been China, but there are tiny aspects of it that would make that confusing.
And just so you know :SDBurton doesn't require true yuri!
Also they make it extremely open-ended on whether the world will survive this or not though I guess that isn't really part of the story so we aren't exactly meant to know. As for the dessert's expansion it should have ended when humanity's intervention ended no? Several places are still fertile, stable ecosystem so I don't see why this would be changing gradually. The show doesn't go into much effort in explaining that but I suppose it leaves ton of other stuff open about the universe and that's not really meant to be the point of the show.
While I also would like to see that I don't think it would make a particularly good SNW show!
But they don't even have Panzers, they seem to be able to make walker tanks but for some reason use WWII firearms and cars, it makes no sense because this is the future and if they had to rip-off some past technology to base their own on it would be a lot more likely to be something more futuristic. I suppose they chose this because they felt it fit the feel they wanted for the show better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom