• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
AKIBARANGER S2 3
akibarangers23.jpg
akibarangers23a.jpg

akibarangers23b.jpg
akibarangers23c.jpg

I feel like most of the jokes are going over my head as I'm not really into Tokatsu stuff at all but it's just entertaining as fuck to wallow in just how meta this entire series is. It's like, Medaka Box levels of meta without the trolling but actually good.

CorvoSol

Azumanga Daioh 16

Chiyo dresses up as a Penguin and is so cute, Ms. Yukari SHOVES her over. Easily the most hilarious part of the entire episode. Freaking sides hurt after that. Chiyo and Osaka holding hands was adorable, and Mr. Kimura wearing the Father hat proves that Chiyo's dad is terrifying.

And Kaorin is a total biatch. She ditches her friend Chihiro any time she can be with Sakaki instead. BROS BEFORE SHOJOS KAORIN.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Was AnoNatsu a big thing in animeGAF while it was airing? Just curious.

Dresden made me want to watch it.

Articalys

Is there any text editor that lets you do a word-by-word (instead of line-by-line) compare to see the differences between two files?
Ah, never mind then.

At any rate, this makes me curious what all the answers to the "what do you think about how civil the thread is" question will be.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just wondering, does it kill you not be jerks? Seriously. I don't get why you guys even do this. It's not even funny. It just paints you as assholes.

Sorry Kayos, couldn't help myself.

This has nothing to do with you personally, I'm just very sad about the loss #teamchiho suffered at the hands of that demoness, Emi.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sorry Kayos, couldn't help myself.

It's not funny. I legitimately left that community because it was unavoidable that I'd made contact with certain people that I considered toxic. It seems to me like this one is no different. I don't think it's a simple matter of you trying to be funny. It's not funny, it's insensitive, and I think it just shows that you don't have the maturity to keep your mouth shut. In this case it'd be your hands from typing.

This has nothing to do with you personally, I'm just very sad about the loss #teamchiho suffered at the hands of that demoness, Emi.

It doesn't matter if you didn't meant to do this as a joke or not. Intentions gets thrown out the window. It's a matter of wht the post does and how it's perceived.

OceanBlue

Man, dota games seem pretty cutthroat.

also:

@Bgbw: great "wwww" gif. But needs fucking scrub at the end now.
MOBA games seem to bring out bad things in people. When I played LoL, I really only played with a few people who knew how to take it easy, but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

I think I like this design more than the original.

I thought he was a girl when he appeared, lol.

Jex

Maybe being in Community has made us worse because of the general detachment from the rest of the forum. Although I suppose that was always there.

I'd have to agree with kayos here.

In honor of the new thread, have some photos of the new light novel releases of the week.

Volume 8 of Infinite Stratos is finally out.

The reprints of the first few novels are out too, complete with new artist.

And then there's a new volume of Aria: The Scarlet Ammo. Lol.

Where was you when I needed to know about this:

FXKdyZs.jpg

Ordered it monday, hopefully arriving next week. Is there any good site about news of LNs?

Yotsuba&! + KyotoAnimation. Finally,
not. T___T

jgminto

I was actually worried there for a second, Haly. But then I got the joke. lol.

But it's not like it's weird that you quit LoL, kayos. It's a shitty community. Don't know why you went through all the trouble when a "Fuck it, I'm out." would have sufficed, especially for people you find unpleasant.

Dresden

Kayos is overreacting for a rather mild joke - at least, that's how I see it. Exiting a shithole like LoL is more than understandable but a parting post like that is going to get poked at. Hopefully everyone can huggle and snuggle and go back to being passive aggressive friends.

kayos90

I was actually worried there for a second, Haly. But then I got the joke. lol.

But it's not like it's weird that you quit LoL, kayos. It's a shitty community. Don't know why you went through all the trouble when a "Fuck it, I'm out." would have sufficed, especially for people you find unpleasant.

There are some people that are fun to talk and hang out with much like this community. I just didn't find the vitriol and shit I had to go through worth it in trying to be around them.

kayos90

Kayos is overreacting for a rather mild joke - at least, that's how I see it. Exiting a shithole like LoL is more than understandable but a parting post like that is going to get poked at. Hopefully everyone can huggle and snuggle and go back to being passive aggressive friends.

I don't think it's overreacting. I saw it as a rather cruel jab, and whether he meant it as so or not is irrelevant.

Still, I'm sure that Haly wasn't doing that in a mean spirited fashion.

I'm sure it wasn't. However, that doesn't really change how I feel. It was insensitive. To me it might as well be making a joke about a grandparent who just died. Like I said, intentionality gets thrown out the window.

Tomat

Maybe being in Community has made us worse because of the general detachment from the rest of the forum. Although I suppose that was always there.

I'd have to agree with kayos here.

The difference between this thread and the rest of GAF is that most of the people here are familiar with each other. There's a lot of ribbing and joking around in this thread, while the rest of GAF can get stupidly unpleasant in comparison.

jgminto

There are some people that are fun to talk and hang out with much like this community. I just didn't find the vitriol and shit I had to go through worth it in trying to be around them.

I guess that makes sense. I suppose if I quit this thread
NEVER!
I'd probably do something like that.

But don't take the joke too personally, kayos. We all think you're a rad dude.

Tomat

Fuck you pizzaroll go masturbate to steve jobs somewhere else

Defuser

Akibaranger S2 ep 3

Oh man, Chief HVD and Dairagner theme recreation not to mention nice fight action at the end. Why is this show so damn good?

And I love season 2 opening. "Akibare Go! Go! HIKOUNIN SENTAI AKIBARANGER SEASON 2!"

cajunator

Banned
Here we go. Three-minute PV for Fate/Kaleid Liner☆Prisma Illya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aqZQmXSNkA

Note: there is no action in the trailer. At all. It's probably from the first ten minutes of the first episode or something.

this is cute but those character designs are still atrocious.

I'm trying to decide if I am a third as cool as you, or if I have two thirds more of a life than you.

You laugh about twitter, but Israel had a pretty big propaganda campaign going on during its military campaign against Hamas on Twitter.

you have to have more of a life than me.
My life is just working.
Its all I do.

I wonder if crazy fans will rebuy the old volumes for the sake of continuity/completionist OCD.

I wouldn't be surprised.

I actually held off on buying and reading Nisioisin's Zaregoto series until I could find the newer versions (smaller size, new art), so that they'd match up with the first two volumes I owned.

If you're a book person, I can totally see that being a thing.

CorvoSol

I don't understand anything anyone is doing or saying in this thread right now.

Betterman 8

Man, I wish Keita wasn't a goddamn animaniac. The show is SOOOO GOOD when its being scary and Keita acting like a damn clown from a harem anime just ughs it. Sakura is a particularly effective character in the realm of things that make this show scarier.

I do find all the 90s DNA Mitosis Cell talk hilarious, though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wouldn't be surprised.

I actually held off on buying and reading Nisioisin's Zaregoto series until I could find the newer versions (smaller size, new art), so that they'd match up with the first two volumes I owned.

If you're a book person, I can totally see that being a thing.

Nerd OCD forever! Its the best way to make money off of nerds anyway.

I'm surprised they don't release books in hard cover first... just because they can. lol

kayos90

Valvrave 3

I'm just going to accept that this show accepts its absurdity/stupidity and just runs with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom