• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

hRTeQ.gif

Jintor

Is it weird to say I took up regular jogging because of Emi?

Well, I did. Seems to be working out alright. I'm not dead yet!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I only played through the demo. For some reason I only played a bit of the final release and just never opened it again.

jgminto

Hanako and Lily are best girls, especially Lily.

Haven't played Lilly but Hanako's pretty overrated. Really doesn't have much going for her over the standard shy girl, but it's a short route so it doesn't stretch it out at least. Definitely don't have anything on the Rin/Emi tag team.

Jintor

I think there might be a difference behind that though.

I couldn't play Saya no Uta at all. I tried, but just couldn't progress past the bit where the protagonist has the 'everything is a carnival fleshhouse of organic horrors' thing, i.e. the entire game. I was pretty close to throwing up just reading some of his descriptions and looking at the wonderful background art.

EDIT: Are people branding Rin-ne as just a bad tourism video now? C'mon, all that Kamogawa stuff isn't any worse than Code Geass' Pizza Hut stuff.

Code geass had a product placement , this isn't worse than in darker than black that had teh same thing ..in fact plenty of anime had "pizza hut"placement.

But Rin-ne .. well placed the whole plot in that place in your face.

"this place is great, so great that the GALAXY is looking forward to seeing it at least once"
And this message is done several times in the anime.

You're not inspired to see the real place yourself , because you feel badly brainwashed into seeing it.
A total difference , from the real places that inspired higurashi or Persona 4 did get tourists because it was done differently.

jgminto

I think there might be a difference behind that though.

I couldn't play Saya no Uta at all. I tried, but just couldn't progress past the bit where the protagonist has the 'everything is a carnival fleshhouse of organic horrors' thing, i.e. the entire game. I was pretty close to throwing up just reading some of his descriptions and looking at the wonderful background art.
I almost quit when I got to a certain point but my curiosity drove me forward. I'm glad I kept on, it's a great story with a fantastic sense of style.
Lolis don't do it for you?

No they don't. Even when they aren't (Saya no Uta spoilers)
disgusting flesh monsters of insanity.

jgminto

AHHH! What a terrible list! Flip it around and it's a little better but not good enough!

Rin>Emi>>>Hanoko>Lilly(haven't played)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shizzzune

Much better

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
AHHH! What a terrible list! Flip it around and it's a little better but not good enough!

Rin>Emi>>>Hanoko>Lilly(haven't played)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shizzzune

Much better

Rin was boring, probably 'cause I met a hundred of her when I was in art school.

jgminto

Rin was boring, probably 'cause I met a hundred of her when I was in art school.

Hanoko was boring because I've seen her in 100 anime and VN. Shizzzune was boring because she has a dull personality, her family is dumb and nothing happens in the whole damn year! The only interesting thing that happens is right at the end and gets swept over super quick.

Rin actually has an arc! Things actually happen!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hanoko was boring because I've seen her in 100 anime and VN. Shizzzune was boring because she has a dull personality, her family is dumb and nothing happens in the whole damn year! The only interesting thing that happens is right at the end and gets swept over super quick.

Rin actually has an arc! Things actually happen!

Rin's "arc" was not engaging for me for the same reason some mysteries are boring if it's obvious how the killer is from the outset. I already knew how her route would end the moment I started it, so it became a prolonged excercise of waiting for the route to get to it already.

Hanako however actually surprised me a couple times.

jgminto

EMIIIIIIIIII.
Emi's great too. She was my first route and while I was disappointed by the sense of mystery they try to create and the lack of payoff, she's still a great character.

And her mother's a total milf.
Rin's "arc" was not engaging for me for the same reason some mysteries are boring if it's obvious how the killer is from the outset. I already knew how her route would end the moment I started it, so it became a prolonged excercise of waiting for the route to get to it already.

Hanako however actually surprised me a couple times.

I don't remember anything amazing happening with Hanoko. There wasn't really any mystery around her, or at least there didn't turn out to be any. it seemed like her only character development was
to become slightly more independent
, unless I'm missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom