• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GIRL UND PANZER OAV 03
Finnally , someone asked THE QUESTION !

Girls%20und%20Panzer%20-%20OVA%2003_01.jpg

About time !

This episode was quite great and full of trivia ( again ) but you have this feelign that they have a huge world building and haven't exploited even 10% of it..
Having explanation about the how every works , how they get food, electricity and how life is structured on the ships is kinda nice.

This isn't some small ship ... and that's not even one of the bigger ones , they even accounted on the number of people for running it , maintaining it ..and that explain how they just "went across the ship" to look for more tanks. Just look at the size of this forest !
i'm actually more intrested in the world of GuP now given how scandalous the setting is and how they justified the switch toward academy ships in that timeline.

faridmon

I don't know if anyone will echo my statement, but: I fucking love Red Data Girl. It really reminds me a lot of Ghost Hound, which I adored, and the fantasy, vernacular mystery is just a treat to see it unfold. Hope it ends in satisfying way.
Ep. 4 was just neat.

Jex

Hey, figured this would be a good place to ask for recommendations. I started watching Hunter x Hunter, and really liked the lighter parts of it, but didn't especially like the York Shin arc. are there any other shows where I can get that feel?
I wish I could help, but I'm not really well versed in the world of shouen. I'd be able to help with general anime recommendations, if you could list your requirements.

Hidamari Sketch 1

My first step into the world of wideface! Can't say I don't enjoy the idea of a wholesome and mellow slice of life show with a bit of Shaft flair and so far it's delivered. Miya and the teacher make the best impression so far but I can see the others coming into their own soon enough. The fact that they're art students seems like a good excuse for Shaft to be Shaft and be creative with the visuals but I was disappointed that they didn't play around more with the collage theme this episode.

Early shots like these:

with their lack of photo blending like Gainax would do made them really stand out and when collages came up it suddenly made sense to have a mish mash of art styles. The snow Moai and cute snow bunnies were a good chance to further mix media but they didn't so without much more than those early shots it's hard to say if it was an intentional tie-in or just Shaft being weird/lazy. Maybe I'm over thinking it but I always enjoy when something shows coherence in multiple areas and this would've been a cool way to do it.

Something I definitely want to see is next year's new year's cards from the teacher. If they're willing to jump from January to August so fast then this should definitely come up, if not this season then in the next. Also I just wanted to point out how jealous I am of that star shaped orange peel, I always tried to peel mine in a spiral shape and usually failed. Damn art students. Also I'm watching the Blu Ray release, so if Shaft made any major changes worth mentioning let me know!

Hey, figured this would be a good place to ask for recommendations. I started watching Hunter x Hunter, and really liked the lighter parts of it, but didn't especially like the York Shin arc. are there any other shows where I can get that feel?

So you just want training arcs and friendship?

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Something I definitely want to see is next year's new year's cards from the teacher. If they're willing to jump from January to August so fast then this should definitely come up, if not this season then in the next. Also I just wanted to point out how jealous I am of that star shaped orange peel, I always tried to peel mine in a spiral shape and usually failed. Damn art students. Also I'm watching the Blu Ray release, so if Shaft made any major changes worth mentioning let me know!

Glad to see you're watching HidaSketch! Enjoy it, it's great! :D

And in response to the bolded, you should probably know that the first two seasons of the show are asynchronous. It'll jump back and forth between months (and in the second season, years) pretty much at random. They tone this down in the third season, and get rid of it completely by the fourth. It can be a bit confusing at first, but you'll get used to it eventually.

Hidamari Sketch 1

My first step into the world of wideface! Can't say I don't enjoy the idea of a wholesome and mellow slice of life show with a bit of Shaft flair and so far it's delivered. Miya and the teacher make the best impression so far but I can see the others coming into their own soon enough. The fact that they're art students seems like a good excuse for Shaft to be Shaft and be creative with the visuals but I was disappointed that they didn't play around more with the collage theme this episode.

Early shots like these:

with their lack of photo blending like Gainax would do made them really stand out and when collages came up it suddenly made sense to have a mish mash of art styles. The snow Moai and cute snow bunnies were a good chance to further mix media but they didn't so without much more than those early shots it's hard to say if it was an intentional tie-in or just Shaft being weird/lazy. Maybe I'm over thinking it but I always enjoy when something shows coherence in multiple areas and this would've been a cool way to do it.

Hidamari Sketch is absolutely wonderful, but the first season is a bit rough around the edges. If you're willing to I recommend getting past at least the second season before taking a break. That's definitely where the show reaches its peak and is top quality for two more seasons.

ZetaEpyon

Perhaps the most obvious, and likely already seen, but Dragonball (not Z).

Dropping a show you dislike partway through is the most effective expression of scorn there is.

Id rather drop than enduring watching garbage like Ikkitousen Xtreme Xecutor, Hachimitsu to Clover, Blood-C (all three dropped at ep1), and Panty and Stocking would be there too, if it wasnt for Brief..., Tamako Market too but Mochizou kept me hooked.

Dropping a show less than 3 episodes in is no big deal. But, once I'm past than I'm in it for the long haul, for better or worse.

Though I guess now I have less time to watch stuff, I'll be more selective in what crap I'll start watching.

Has there been any discussion of the film Colorful in this (or any other AnimeGAF) thread at all? Was thinking about pre-ordering the blu-ray based on a description of the plot, was wondering if anyone had thoughts. Worth a buy?

faridmon

Toradora is pretty much the definition of a love or hate show. That or I just haven't seen many people in the middle.

Hmm, I am trying so see why that might be, but I can't. I did read people criticising it for its bizarre moments and weak character interaction, but I thought everything flowed rather well and the ending was not bad at all.

I personally, am picky when it comes to romantic comedies (as I have made my view clear before around this part) but I really enjoyed the show.

I guess, Different strokes, etc...

Nisemonogatari 7

Talk about over the top just for a simple chat with your sister.

More character development and quite possibly the weirdest structure of a conversation I've seen.

And then two naked sisters in bed. Oh my.

They certainly show a lot in this.

kpjolee

Nisemonogatari 7

Talk about over the top just for a simple chat with your sister.

More character development and quite possibly the weirdest structure of a conversation I've seen.

And then two naked sisters in bed. Oh my.

They certainly show a lot in this.

Next episode will take it to the next level.

Jarmel

Banned
I really don't think that's true at all!

Depends on what you're complaining about. Some stuff can be argued if you don't finish such as shit art, direction, and pacing. However sometimes to complain about the actual narrative, you have to finish the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom