• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
I think the question that needs to be asked then is what defines a genre. If a genre is a bunch of conventions and tropes then I think shounen qualifies regardless of the origin.

I imagine if you've read the blurb for the film, and are still interested in it, then it's probably going to be the kind of film you'd like. At least, if the blurb hints that it's going to be slow and introspective.

Actually, I thought it was something else entirely. I got it confused with Iblard Jikan (which I then watched and loved), but by the time I realized it, I had already started, and I don't leave things unfinished.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but remember that awesome Miraculous/Ladybug trailer I shared in here a while back? The one that was going to be made into a 26 episode 2D animated TV series made by Toei for the French company Zagtoon?

BdqjE.jpg

Well, Zagtoon has now taken that off their site and replaced it with a 52 episode full CGI TV series.

Alas.

Caught up on the manga which is... inconsistent for lack of a better term, but I guess now is a good time to start

Attack on Titan 1

The music, the visuals, the acting, everything about this was adapted perfectly. Really intense opening to a show.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but remember that awesome Miraculous/Ladybug trailer I shared in here a while back? The one that was going to be made into a 26 episode 2D animated TV series made by Toei for the French company Zagtoon?

Well, Zagtoon has now taken that off their site and replaced it with a 52 episode full CGI TV series.

Alas.

Why couldn't it just have been a pachinko machine?

Shergal

Alas.

They've failed us ;_;

Unconventional shounen series like HxH and JoJo are very very few and far between, even then they're just called unconventional to get the point across anyway.

I really wouldn't call JoJo unconventional, especially after Stands are introduced. It's just INCREDIBLY well-done.

duckroll

Alas.

Doh! Sounds like it got Iron Man'd. :(

Jex

Alas.
Well, er, we'll always have the trailer.

Steroyd

I really wouldn't call JoJo unconventional, especially after Stands are introduced. It's just INCREDIBLY well-done.

I don't know, people die (or at least no dragonballs), no nakama speeches and you never have a sense that the main character is wearing invincible plot armour, just because...

Of course this could all change in the other 6 parts lol.

Jex

I have to say, the new ladybug girl character design is awful.

RIP traditional animation, everywhere.

Kurita

I don't know, people die (or at least no dragonballs), no nakama speeches and you never have a sense that the main character is wearing invincible plot armour, just because...

Of course this could all change in the other 6 parts lol.

I think Jojo is just more oldschool. Otherwise I thought part 1 and 2 were pretty straight-forward.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Alas.

brb setting myself on fire.

kpjolee

It's one of the most standard battle shounens I have ever seen. Fortunately, it's got more of the positives of the genre than the negatives (for now). They got the hot-blooded eyes down 100%.

Sounds good enough. Photokano has lowered my standard for this season considerably.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Alas.

Wow. Saving that money!

Branduil

Alas.

*insert joke about the French surrendering to the CGI Nazis*

Necrovex

So close to catching up in Shippuden. I believe I am in the last arc before I hit the current filler spring of episodes. Then I'll leave Shippuden alone for a year, so I can continue marathoning it.

Alas.

tumblr_lx2yvpGepj1qho8ljo1_400.gif

God is dead :(

Maybe if we're lucky we'll get to see some more leaks of Toei's version someday

madp

The Light of El Cantare
God is dead :(

Maybe if we're lucky we'll get to see some more leaks of Toei's version someday

nah, instead the next season of precure will probably be CG too.

I think I might need to break the glass on my emergency Doremi marathon soon.

Necrovex

Alas.

I just watched the trailer....Why did I just cause such pain. Now, I feel broken inside because of the wasted potential. :'-(

Conan-san

Alas.
Wanna bet Toei was behind this change too?

Fucking hell, they're cashing in their Dragonball money and going full asshole this season.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Alas.
Wait, what?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wanna bet Toei was behind this change too?

Zagtoon is the one in charge and paying for everything; I don't think Toei would have had much if any say in the change. Besides, it seems like the whole Ladybug project has gotten a major overhaul; originally there was going to be a CG film with the art style currently seen on the site, but now the film will be live action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom