• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

What Precure would look like if it was CG for 24 minutes an episode.

Ufbqy3B.png

I think that was actually 2D until the final season or so. Shit's crazy.

Necrovex

Yes, Nana is worth watching. It's one of the best anime of all time, in my view. Fair warning, it's a very intense show as far as the drama goes, and it doesn't pull any punches.

It's not about sisters, though. It's about two different women both named Nana.

Plus, it has one of the best openings of all time

Guess I'll be leaping into the Nana hole then. Is there a legal way of streaming all of the episodes (preferably besides Hulu)?

I've seen Nodame, its better than Nana, I liked Paris chapter but overal I thought the anime was just okay. I'm gonna see Beck next.

Sakamichi no Apollon (kids on the slope) combined drama, romance and music the best.

Beck was utterly and completely amazing. Blows Kids on the Slope out of the water. I am still pissed that Beck never got a second season.

I don't know, people die (or at least no dragonballs), no nakama speeches and you never have a sense that the main character is wearing invincible plot armour, just because...

Of course this could all change in the other 6 parts lol.

I assume you're basing this off the first 2 parts. Yeah, stuff changes, though there's still no plot armor and dead people stay dead (for the most part). I wouldn't exactly call that and shounen mutually exclusive though, even if the most popular series other than HxH and JoJo don't do it.

Though even then, I kind of considered the first 2 parts pretty reminiscent of FOTNS in tone, art style and all that. Since that's one of the fathers of modern shounen, I'd hardly call it an outlier.

-Horizon-

Yuyushiki 4

Missing a night's sleep can make you do crazy things.
This and Gargantia are probably my favorites for this season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is Nana worth watching? I've heard about it for years, but I don't know anything about it besides the name and it's about sisters.

NANA is fantastic. It's a show where adults actually act like real adults and said adults have actual adult problems in their lives. Basically nothing that ever happens in anime.

Unfortunately the manga will probably never continue :(

kpjolee

NANA is fantastic. It's a show where adults actually act like real adults and said adults have actual adult problems in their lives. Basically nothing that ever happens in anime.

Unfortunately the manga will probably never continue :(

Is she still sick? Or simply has no plans to continue?

Damn shame that manga is still on hiatus.

Indeed. I hope that Yazawa returns to it sometime soon, although I'm not sure what her current health status is (assuming she doesn't just have Togashiitis).

Guess I'll be leaping into the Nana hole then. Is there a legal way of streaming all of the episodes (preferably besides Hulu)?

Viz has it posted on their site, but it's just Hulu imbeds. I don't believe there's any non-Hulu streaming version available, but the whole thing is available via Hulu/Vizanime.com.

Mature

And if this is an appetizing concept to someone, they should also watch/read Maison Ikkoku.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I think said people were actually taking care of idol shows in general and dropped it in favor of live action stuff that was coming down the line.

A bit of research on my part confirms this. Gross, so much IDOL CULTURE.

Articalys

Crosspost from Aku no Hana thread:

Screencaps of the live-action episode 3 footage they aired on Nicovideo, which is unfortunately subscriber-only (and even that only for one more week until it goes away forever) unless someone recorded it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Screencaps of the live-action episode 3 footage they aired on Nicovideo, which is unfortunately subscriber-only (and even that only for one more week until it goes away forever) unless someone recorded it.

Man, that really does reek of jdrama. lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Unibrow-kun doesn't have a unibrow. The dream is dead.

Wonder why they just didn't bother making this into a J-Drama.

Attack on Titan 2-4

The anime handles this WAAAAY better then the manga, I dunno how you skip the training and introduction of the 10 main 104 members until after the 2nd Titan attack.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I am so happy this is an anime and not a drama. And the anime is infinitely better than the manga too.

Seriously love Aku no Hana.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Hey anime gaf, I could use some help.

I remember watching the first few episodes of this show a little while back (maybe last december) but couldn't watch all of it at the time and forgot the name of it. It focused around two guys in a dystopian world w/ utopian cities (and there was, at least in those first few episodes, a potential romantic thing between them): one was a wimpy guy from a utopia city accused of murder, on the run and hair mysteriously going grey (i think) and the other one was sort of a badass criminal/rouge from the wasteland named Rat or something like that.

I remember watching the first few episodes of this show a little while back (maybe last december) but couldn't watch all of it at the time and forgot the name of it. It focused around two guys in a dystopian world w/ utopian cities (and there was, at least in those first few episodes, a potential romantic thing between them): one was a wimpy guy from a utopia city accused of murder, on the run and hair mysteriously going grey (i think) and the other one was sort of a badass criminal/rouge from the wasteland named Rat or something like that.

No. 6

Conan-san

It it was more recent, you might be thinking of No. 9 (or something like that)
E;FB - It's no. 6

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

no.6

e: cant compete with dtl :(

Mature

No. 6?

Edit: double triple beat

Wonder why they just didn't bother making this into a J-Drama.

The serious answer: a producer at ZEXCS came to Nagahama and asked him to direct an adaptation of Flowers of Evil. Nagahama refused, saying the story would only be appropriate for live action. The ZEXCS producer came to him a second time and asked him again to direct the adaptation, and then Nagahama presented the idea of rotoscoping to him and managed to get the studio on board.

Conan-san

The serious answer: a producer at ZEXCS came to Nagahama and asked him to direct an adaptation of Flowers of Evil. Nagahama refused, saying the story would only be appropriate for live action. The ZEXCS producer came to him a second time and asked him again to direct the adaptation, and then Nagahama presented the idea of rotoscoping to him and managed to get the studio on board.

Also some bullshit about how they couldn't get away with depicting Minors do what minors do in Flowers of Evil, if I remember correctly.

-Horizon-

Alright, now that I'm done with Persona 4, going to start watching K-On! for the first time.

Will give impressions of first episode soon.

Also some bullshit about how they couldn't get away with depicting Minors do what minors do in Flowers of Evil, if I remember correctly.

I don't remember seeing anything like that. I'll link to a translation of the interview I'm getting my info from, and correct one thing - Nagahama doesn't say who he got the two job offers from, my mind just filled in that assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom