• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

We've got the incompetence and immaturity down, but anime would actually have to be a profitable industry before we have to deal with the anti-consumer apologism, incestuous shilling, and open disdain for your own audience.
I'd say "it's only a matter of time", but it's not as if anime is on the fast track to being more profitable, lol.

Syrinx

Well, Kotaku is telling people to start a petition to get Little Witch Academia made into an anime, so... lol

---

So there's a Lucky Star spinoff thing, but I'll be damned if I can remember these characters.
a346PWAl.jpg

I guess one of them is a super nerd, as evidenced by her attempt to lure her sister into a trap.

Why is Miku in the background?

faridmon

On one hand I totally agree with them

On the other, god damnit, talk about videogames, don't you know anime is for jerks

Or Just don't talk about Anime.full Stop.

I had enough of Kutako with its gaming bullshit, now I don't need it for Anime...

''What Mamoru Oshii can Learn from K-on''

cajunator

Banned
Yall can keep this daytime work schedule shit. I hate it. Cant wait to get back to nights.
Plus I'm 9 pages behind. holy shit.

;_;

I'm good at losing friends.

You'll always have me <3

#TeamEmi

#TeamAmy

Are there any other teams I must know of this season? Those are the 2 best girls this season anyway.

Also:

I am a fan of yuri dap. I change wallpapers once a week or so <_<

:D
OTP.

This half-flash, half-traditional-animation cartoon seems to be genetically engineered to be as appealing to cajun as possible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zLLz3k5vrPI

O_O

*_*

^o^

X_X

Come on son, at least do it properly.

I'll uhh...I'll be in my bunk

Hidamari Sketch 1

My first step into the world of wideface! Can't say I don't enjoy the idea of a wholesome and mellow slice of life show with a bit of Shaft flair and so far it's delivered. Miya and the teacher make the best impression so far but I can see the others coming into their own soon enough. The fact that they're art students seems like a good excuse for Shaft to be Shaft and be creative with the visuals but I was disappointed that they didn't play around more with the collage theme this episode.

Early shots like these:

with their lack of photo blending like Gainax would do made them really stand out and when collages came up it suddenly made sense to have a mish mash of art styles. The snow Moai and cute snow bunnies were a good chance to further mix media but they didn't so without much more than those early shots it's hard to say if it was an intentional tie-in or just Shaft being weird/lazy. Maybe I'm over thinking it but I always enjoy when something shows coherence in multiple areas and this would've been a cool way to do it.

Something I definitely want to see is next year's new year's cards from the teacher. If they're willing to jump from January to August so fast then this should definitely come up, if not this season then in the next. Also I just wanted to point out how jealous I am of that star shaped orange peel, I always tried to peel mine in a spiral shape and usually failed. Damn art students. Also I'm watching the Blu Ray release, so if Shaft made any major changes worth mentioning let me know!

Welcome to the journey of a million squees. Its not quite CCS level but it will still put your heart in grave danger.

Cardcaptor Sakura 6

This was a sweet episode that gave us some backstory on Sakura's mom. Plenty of uweeeeeh and crushing on that Yukito (too bad, he's DTL for you brother!)

I'm surprised there is no "uwehhh" compilations on youtube. Maybe people died trying to make them.

Cardcaptor Sakura 6

I was expecting an episode in regards to the mother at some point, so I'm glad I got something. I sort of felt at odds in regards to how Sakura was fine without her mother, I expected some sadness at least, but this episode has delivered on that front. uweeeeh

Her mother was so lovely :(
Poor Sakura.

So you're in rehab now, right? That's a lot of Bleach! Still, I've watched lots of stuff that I don't consider to be that good in my time, just never quite to that extent.

I've watched all of Oh my Goddess and all of Blood+.

Oh My Goddess only has 5 episodes.
Unless you mean Ah My goddess TV.
But that show is still excellent.

These are acceptable.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but remember that awesome Miraculous/Ladybug trailer I shared in here a while back? The one that was going to be made into a 26 episode 2D animated TV series made by Toei for the French company Zagtoon?

Well, Zagtoon has now taken that off their site and replaced it with a 52 episode full CGI TV series.

Alas.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
FUCK THIS SHIT. FUCK IT! FUUUUUUCKKKK ITTTTTTTTT!!!!
Its not even cute anymore ;_;

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yuyushiki - 04

There were a few good jokes, but overall this episode was rather boring. Only standout moments were the skits dealing with Mom-sensei and the creepshot at the end. :lol

Here's hoping the fun returns next week.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
On one hand I totally agree with them

On the other, god damnit, talk about videogames, don't you know anime is for jerks
Well, the problem is that they don't know anything about anime. They claim that the petition was the reason that Free! is being made anyway. :p

Why is Miku in the background?
Because nerds.

LOL, someone bothered to sub Miyakawa-ke? Well, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised...
Everything gets worked on, except for Tanken Driland!

Yuyushiki - 04

There were a few good jokes, but overall this episode was rather boring. Only standout moments were the skits dealing with Mom-sensei and the creepshot at the end. :lol

Here's hoping the fun returns next week.

You know, when I was watching this, I was wondering if it was as creepy as Photo Kano or less creepy because it's girls taking the pictures.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well, Kotaku is telling people to start a petition to get Little Witch Academia made into an anime, so... lol

Dammit, Free!, now we can look forward to a tidal wave of western anime fans deluding themselves into believing that they can get projects greenlit with internet petitions. KYOANI'S AMERICA

jgminto

Yuyushiki 4
Still enjoying this show quite a bit. the jokes weren't really as good but it doesn't really matter when I switch my brain off and just enjoy them goofing around.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Dammit, Free!, now we can look forward to a tidal wave of western anime fans deluding themselves into believing that they can get projects greenlit with internet petitions. KYOANI'S AMERICA

Good. It's about time Yuri Danshi got its own anime! Let's fight for this noble cause everyone!

jbug617

Banned
Yuyushiki 4

This might sound weird but this show has the right amount of stupid for me. It really doesn't have a plot but the characters interactions seem good to me.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Aim For The Top! Gunbuster] 4 (Rewatch)
So good. Up there with Gurren Lagann 11 as some of the hypest shit GAINAX ever did. Guts and hard work pays dividends (even if one-shot characters have to meet their untimely demise, yeowch). This is straight up mecha shit, with Noriko finally growing some ovaries and proceeding to take names and kick butts.

I had forgot just how much Gunbuster is a super robot, by the way. Put it side to side with all the lesser more boring Weapon Machines and the thing is not only huge, but ridiculous. BUSTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM.
Also, the fucking opening song started playing at the end, c'mon. The space monsters had no chance.

RAW RAW FIGHT THE POWER
Wait, is that one of the scientists from Honneamise? ANNO YOU HACK

P.S. So they are folding spacetime! My nipples are happy.

Anyone who thinks game journalism is the worst hasn't seen anime journalism.

Entertainment journalism across just about any medium has tons of really shitty stuff going on, and lots of awful noise.

Anime journalism's 'quality' really shines when it comes to editorial content and reviews. ANN being second to none in that regard.

Shergal

Yuyushiki 4

Much weaker than the past episode. I guess that was expected though. Some jokes were okay, most of them were meh, I don't quite dig the new girl yet. It's still a very easy watch, and I really like the ED.

Aiura 04

lXTOBfWl.jpg

Oh damn, we got Sugita in this?

Fine, I'll keep watching.
Dunno, it wasn't bad. Maybe I'm just getting used to it.

7Th

Free! may bomb if they don't grab the non-hardcore fujoshi audience; it's not really a certain hit. The only big original hits in recent years (Madoka, Gupan, Taibani, AnoHana) haven't been so dedicated to a single demographic. Other than adaptations of EXTREMELY POPULAR source material, nothing has guaranteed success in anime.

someone share that LWA youtube link with me right now :p haven't seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBlqxEIJ_Cg

Branduil

"Gupan"
"Taibani"

Seriously? I had to google to figure out what you were even referring to. Please leave the lame Japanese nicknames for the Japanese message boards.

cajunator

Banned
I guess I need to resume watching Arjuna soon!

Maybe Toei is getting ready for FULL-CG Sailor Moon.

This is one of the worst things I can think of.

The powers are yeah, how the show handles everything is akin to Hunter x Hunter than anything else (yeah yeah I know, Jojo came out first).

iZIL074pmEmyc.gif

Toothbrushing is so 2012.

I remember that Nise episode. Thats actually the only episode I actually watched.
I ended up buying Nise on bluray though, so it wont be for long.

Oh and the gif in this post is so captivating!

faridmon

Free! may bomb if they don't grab the non-hardcore fujoshi audience; it's not really a certain hit. The only big original hits in recent years (Madoka, Gupan, Taibani, AnoHana) haven't been so dedicated to a single demographic. Other than adaptations of EXTREMELY POPULAR source material, nothing has guaranteed success in anime.

Yeah, but there haven't been a good, high-budget Fujoshi Anime like the one that is made by the people who brought you K-on. I think, if it plays its card right, it could do well!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I still want to watch the -monogatari shows at some point. Not sure when, though. Taking my sweet time going through K-ON!! and Kamen Rider OOO, then after that I still want to watch A-Channel, Kamen Rider Agito, and Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.

7Th

Yeah, it's probably Garupan since there is another Gupan.

Actually, Garupan is too long; let's just use GuP.

"Gupan"
"Taibani"

Seriously? I had to google to figure out what you were even referring to. Please leave the lame Japanese nicknames for the Japanese message boards.

Long names suck; tell Japanese people to use single-word names for their cartoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom