• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Yuyushiki 4

Didn't feel most of the scenes except the one with Mom and the last one with Aikawa. Also the bird scene was funny.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Ugly Soldier Sailor Moon R] 067
EHvb9B6l.jpg
CTQrLVfl.jpg
ZrcksnCl.jpg
Not what I expected from a swimsuit episode. Even the gag faces are blegh. At least it's not CGI? :(

Are they never gonna use the moves they learned in the Doom Tree arc again? Jupiter's Lightning Dragon > Jupiter's Lighting Pressure thingy

MikeMyers

[Ugly Soldier Sailor Moon R] 067

Not what I expected from a swimsuit episode. Even the gag faces are blegh. At least it's not CGI? :(

Are they never gonna use the moves they learned in the Doom Tree arc again? Jupiter's Lightning Dragon > Jupiter's Lighting Pressure thingy

Is that the one where Chibiusa befriends a dinosaur? Author Naoko considers it to be the single worst episode in the series.

MikeMyers

Well that's silly. Why would anyone do that? The episode is pretty inoffensive. Just cheaply made.

I actually watched Episode 71 of R yesterday, where Ami faces off against Berthier.

They have a chess match and Berthier cheats in it, but eventually Berther loses after Mamoru throws a rose that knocks out her chess piece. Yeah, Mamoru actually beats a villain...haha

Pooya

Slideshow on Titan - 4

This over exaggerated facial expression and silly character drama aren't doing much for me. It kinda reminds me of first episodes of Sword Art Online, before it entirely jumped the shark, where they were trying to show this desperate, you can die anytime world thing, characters behaviour feel pretty similar to me. Mikasa's character is really terrible robot sister in love, Eren is an insufferable 'noisy' MC, their dialogs are all groan worthy. 4 episodes so far and don't care about characters, not even a bit. I like to see more about the world and story though.

less talk more titans, pretty please.

-Horizon-

K-On! 1

PePlx6N.png

OK, so the only thing I knew about K-On before watching this episode was that KyoAni made it and its about girls in a band club (apparently light music club).

I saw the character designs before and my mind already went through what their voices might sound like and every one's except Mugi's sounded what I thought they would maybe sound like. I'm not sure what I was expecting with Mugi's voice but it wasn't that (nothing wrong with it but still).

Overall, I liked the second half of the episode and the Ending Theme was pretty good.
Will continue with the next episode later to see where it goes from here.

Syrinx

I actually watched Episode 71 of R yesterday, where Ami faces off against Berthier.

They have a chess match and Berthier cheats in it, but eventually Berther loses after Mamoru throws a rose that knocks out her chess piece. Yeah, Mamoru actually beats a villain...haha

One of my least favorite moments in the series. God it would have been so awesome if
she actually beat her using only pawns and then was all "Checkmate, bitch!" (not in so many words but in spirit) when she did it. But noooooooooooooooo.

Granted I'm not sure it's possible to do that in the first place without your opponent being little more than a monkey whacking its toe with a hammer, but still.

Slideshow on Titan - 4

This over exaggerated facial expression and silly character drama aren't doing much for me. It kinda reminds me of first episodes of Sword Art Online, before it entirely jumped the shark, where they were trying to show this desperate, you can die anytime world thing, characters behaviour feel pretty similar to me. Mikasa's character is really terrible robot sister in love, Eren is an insufferable 'noisy' MC, their dialogs are all groan worthy. 4 episodes so far and don't care about characters, not even a bit. I like to see more about the world and story though.

Don't worry we should be getting plenty of titans next episode :)

-Horizon-

Slideshow on Titan - 4

But Sasha is best character, how do you not like her?

MikeMyers

One of my least favorite moments in the series. God it would have been so awesome if
she actually beat her using only pawns and then was all "Checkmate, bitch!" (not in so many words but in spirit) when she did it. But noooooooooooooooo.

Granted I'm not sure it's possible to do that in the first place without your opponent being little more than a monkey whacking its toe with a hammer, but still.

Poor Ami, at least Toei somewhat made up for it by giving her own short film and in PGSM letting her defeat Sailor Moon, Sailor Venus, and even Sailor Luna in the gameshow!

Syrinx

Poor Ami, at least Toei somewhat made up for it by giving her own short film and in PGSM letting her defeat the other Scouts haha.

She often gets the shaft because if they developed her further she'd basically be Michael Jordan dunking a corgi while eating a slice of Frank Pepe bacon & onion pizza.

jgminto

Aiura 4

There's a competent show in here, but the way it's paced just doesn't let it breathe. It's not suited for this style, it doesn't have the pacing. It even has some interesting characters but it can't really do anything with them in that time.

MikeMyers

She often gets the shaft because if they developed her further she'd basically be Michael Jordan dunking a corgi while eating a slice of Frank Pepe bacon & onion pizza.

Ami getting the shaft is actually a storyline in the live action version -
the girls are doing their own things and neglecting Ami, so Kunzite kidnaps her and makes her evil, Ami basically becomes Majin Mercury

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Anyone who thinks game journalism is the worst hasn't seen anime journalism.

We've got the incompetence and immaturity down, but anime would actually have to be a profitable industry before we have to deal with the anti-consumer apologism, incestuous shilling, and open disdain for your own audience.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
At least it's about anime!
Well, Kotaku is telling people to start a petition to get Little Witch Academia made into an anime, so... lol

---

So there's a Lucky Star spinoff thing, but I'll be damned if I can remember these characters.
a346PWAl.jpg

I guess one of them is a super nerd, as evidenced by her attempt to lure her sister into a trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom