• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Kotaku is telling people to start a petition to get Little Witch Academia made into an anime, so... lol

---

So there's a Lucky Star spinoff thing, but I'll be damned if I can remember these characters.
a346PWAl.jpg

I guess one of them is a super nerd, as evidenced by her attempt to lure her sister into a trap.
They were in lucky star complaining that theygot the date wrong for the school festival at the end. ( ep 23 ) i dunno who they are but i remember them.

I can't complain because the LWA staff specifically asked for people to pimp it as much as possible:

tumblr_mlvc8dCxTO1r7c87xo1_1280.png

More awareness = good; If this is what it takes to get more LWA i'm all for it.

Devil is a Part Timer 1 & 2

Really love this series, the characters play off each other really well and the scenarios they find themselves in are really funny. I'm kind of hoping this stays a fish out of water slice of life story because it's great so far

Syrinx

To Loveru 2

I think I'm watching the censored version because of beams of light and shit. They don't do a very good job. I can still make out nipples somewhat (and no, I will not explain further than that).

This kid is the stupidest fucker ever (why does that seem to be a constant in shows like this?). If he breaks off his engagement to Lala, her alien king/military general father will be very angry and possibly kill him and destroy Earth. But he's worried about his crush, Haruna. Uh...dude, there comes a point where you need to evaluate your situation and realize that there are bigger things at stake here than the girl you like. Not that you even have a shot in hell with her now, seeing as how you just exposed yourself to her in the girls' locker room (who didn't see THAT coming when she activated the teleport thing?). Try to explain that away, son. I'd sure love to see you try. It's a misunderstanding, yes. But come on. What could you possibly say?

I'll try my best to not watch more.

Tenumi

Banned
To Loveru 2

I think I'm watching the censored version because of beams of light and shit. They don't do a very good job. I can still make out nipples somewhat (and no, I will not explain further than that).

This kid is the stupidest fucker ever (why does that seem to be a constant in shows like this?). If he breaks off his engagement to Lala, her alien king/military general father will be very angry and possibly kill him and destroy Earth. But he's worried about his crush, Haruna. Uh...dude, there comes a point where you need to evaluate your situation and realize that there are bigger things at stake here than the girl you like. Not that you even have a shot in hell with her now, seeing as how you just exposed yourself to her in the girls' locker room (who didn't see THAT coming when she activated the teleport thing?). Try to explain that away, son. I'd sure love to see you try. It's a misunderstanding, yes. But come on. What could you possibly say?

To LOVE-ru is really a love-it-or-hate-it series. Its got a stupid,clumsy male lead, relies on fanservice to gain an audience, and has an overall simple plot. It isn't Shakespeare. And yet, I have an odd obsession with the series. It does nothing out of the ordinary, yet I can't get enough of it.

Its not something I'd recommend to others, but everybody's got to have their own weird interest or quirk, right?

Humanity Has Declined 12 (end)

The episode started off strong by clearly showing the highlights of why Y is easily the best female character in years, that was amazing and really as memorable as the episode with the glorious writing revolution. She is nearly just as awesome as Assistant is in the anime. Its rather unfortunate that the actual main character of this is just a really boring and uninteresting character the whole way through. Often I found myself wishing for Assistants return or even more Y and the fairies. It was just hard to even care for most of the episodes as such unmotivated and bland lead characters just turn me off from the episode, making me bored.

I guess half the episodes were good and the others not good: favorites, island episode, novels, and academy. 6/10.

kpjolee

To Loveru 2

You are doing it wrong. Common sense does not apply in harem anime lol.

I was surprised at how laidback Inferno Cop was with the pirating of LWA. Not like that excuses anyone...

Technically Imperialistic Japan considering Gunbuster's universe. WATCH IT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD9l4s0c4ig
To Loveru 2

This kid is the stupidest fucker ever.

I'd like to see you try.
The OVA series and second season are so much better than the first season, it's not even funny.

cajunator

Banned
To Loveru 2

Momo is TLR's reason for being. Trust in Momo.

Shin Sekai Yori 16

This is the first time the series has managed to squeeze tears out of me.
I hadn't been all that invested in Saki and Maria's romance up until now, but something about this episode's direction and the opening flashback really got to me.

I know I had stated that I wasn't sure how I felt about the series, but I think I feel pretty confident in saying that I'm really loving it, despite some weird animation, CG, and pacing. It's gripping in a different way from everything else I've watched recently.

Excited to finish the series and finally start the novel (upper lefthand corner).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Dumb Girls Doing Dumb Things 4

Definitely weaker than episode 3, but still not too bad. The part with manic sleep-deprived Yui was pretty hilarious, anyway.

Also the ED is really, really good. Not sure if I ever noticed this before.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
By the by Regulus, I'm still watching Heartcatch, I just haven't been posting impressions. I'm on 17 at the moment.

To Loveru 2

That's because it hasn't become Super Interesting Darkness yet.

Devil is a part timer 3&4

No No No No NO! Do not tell me this is going to turn into a battle between demons and heroes in the human world -.-

Tenumi

Banned
All this To LOVE-ru talk makes me want to start Motto To LOVE-ru. But I've got too many series to finish up right now...

Eh, I can afford the extra time...

To LoveRu is one of the series I marathoned for my thesis. I think the order was Love Hina, School Days, and then To LoveRu.

I'm really glad I didn't end on School Days.

/XX/

Well, Zagtoon has now taken that off their site and replaced it with a 52 episode full CGI TV series.
I think it is worth mentioning that the studio co-producing the animation on both project's works, Method Animation, still lists (for the moment) similar information to the previous one mentioned, including some additional concept illustrations and all (http://www.methodanimation.fr/index_methode_fr.html). I've been following their website for a couple of months and it has been "in construction" until recently, so shortly after the renovation a sudden change of plans surprises me.

It also "bugs" me that the project was presented at MIPCOM and pitched by French TV entity TF1 as is (maybe better said now 'as it was') using a package of promotional material we have seen ourselves parts of, so unless such change could also have been conditioned by the new partner all along, the situation confuses me greatly.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
It was actually about Tale of Genji and its influence on modern animation, specifically harem anime. It was pretty nuts. 90 ish pages of nuts.

I can't remember much at this point though; the whole thing is a blur. Hahaha.

N... Ninty pages??? o_O

The longest essay I've ever written was 6 pages. orz

Devil is a part timer 3&4

No No No No NO! Do not tell me this is going to turn into a battle between demons and heroes in the human world -.-

Hopefully the battle stuff doesn't completely take over the series because I agree with you that the fish out water/slice of life scenarios have been really well done. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more.

N... Ninty pages??? o_O

The longest essay I've ever written was 6 pages. orz

That's a thesis for you. Hahaha. I was in the Japanese department, so a thesis wasn't actually required to graduate, but I felt like I needed to finish with a bang. I can't even begin to describe how much of my life I spent in the school library toward the end of senior year. OTL

Folks I know who were English majors had 120+ page beasts.

cajunator

Banned
Earth Maiden Arjuna 11

AND THEN EVERYTHING WENT COMPLETELY TO SHIT
This show says its because of garbage. Garbage did it. fucking garbage.

Hopefully the battle stuff doesn't completely take over the series because I agree with you that the fish out water/slice of life scenarios have been really well done. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more.

Also maybe it's just me but I thought lucifer would be the main bad guy from episode one based simply on his name alone :X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom