• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
That's a thesis for you. Hahaha. I was in the Japanese department, so a thesis wasn't actually required to graduate, but I felt like I needed to finish with a bang. I can't even begin to describe how much of my life I spent in the school library toward the end of senior year. OTL

Folks I know who were English majors had 120+ page beasts.

Still, that's amazing. The only thing I've ever written that's long is the rough draft of the story I'm writing, but I'm in the middle of cutting out the bloat. And for me, writing a "large" book was 300 pages.... it'll be shorter when I'm done... orz

Nisemonogatari 9

2KtEC.jpg

Ass shots and groping hand motions aside, looks like something is developing. Despite the last few episodes being about his other sister, she only appeared once to interrupt their "brush of love".

TWO NEW PEOPLE ARRIVE! What are their intentions? Fuck if I know, but they seem to know a lot.

Syrinx

To LoveRu 3

That whole thing with Lala's robot running out of energy and having her clothes disintegrate was entirely the dude's fault. Should have let her wear the mans' suit. There is nothing hotter than a chick in a necktie. Kid has shit taste.

I guess Haruna wasn't mad at seeing the dude's dong because she wants it. They were about to confess before they got caught up in the aquarium flood that Lala started. How'd they survive that? There had to have been some fatalities, right? Speaking of that, props to that aquarium worker.

You know how sometimes things just aren't meant to be? I think that may be the case with this dude (I don't know his name and I don't particularly care) and Haruna.

RurouniZel

Heartcatch Precure 19:

The story was cute, but all I could notice was whenever Aki spoke all I heard was Ran (Detective Conan).

cajunator

Banned
Earth Maiden Arjuna 12

Well, this show has gone right the fuck off the deep end.
Its somewhat depressing, somewhat hilarious, and somewhat of a total and utter mindfuck. Actually its mostly a mindfuck. my mind is FUCKED.
And I like it.
The monster though is kind of scary because an actual organism like that really exists. Could it affect the world as extremely as this? Probably not but who knows?
Not something I would want to let loose unchecked though.

Hidasketch 3

Today's episode was brought to you by dots! Well I kind of got what I asked for when the stylistic theme of the show related if only tangentially to something that happened in it. Overall this episode is a little weaker than the last if only because the sketching a model story and the rain story didn't relate to each other very well, also individually they just weren't as interesting as the haunted apartment and cursed yukata story. The highlight of course is Yoshinoya's modeling antics, with comedy like that I can't believe some people thought this show was boring, also the wide ladies room sign was a nice touch. Onto episode 4!

To LoveRu 3

That whole thing with Lala's robot running out of energy and having her clothes disintegrate was entirely the dude's fault. Should have let her wear the mans' suit. There is nothing hotter than a chick in a necktie. Kid has shit taste.

I guess Haruna wasn't mad at seeing the dude's dong because she wants it. They were about to confess before they got caught up in the aquarium flood that Lala started. How'd they survive that? There had to have been some fatalities, right? Speaking of that, props to that aquarium worker.

You know how sometimes things just aren't meant to be? I think that may be the case with this dude (I don't know his name and I don't particularly care) and Haruna.

People dying? They'll probably just come back as a ghost and fall in love with Rito.

RurouniZel

I've... be afraid to say this because I know I'll earn endless scorn for it... but I need to be honest with my feelings.

*deep breath*

In Heartcatch I like Cure Blossom the most. I just think she's cuter. Esp. when she dons the glasses. orz

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I've... be afraid to say this because I know I'll earn endless scorn for it... but I need to be honest with my feelings.

*deep breath*

In Heartcatch I like Cure Blossom the most. I just think she's cuter. Esp. when she dons the glasses. orz
Tsubomi is super moé. Nothing wrong with that.

*deep breath*

I am okay with this. I think one of the reasons why I like her is mainly because she's vastly different from other leaders.

Come to think of it, no one in Heartcatch has an eating/food fetish, do they?

Theonik

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but remember that awesome Miraculous/Ladybug trailer I shared in here a while back? The one that was going to be made into a 26 episode 2D animated TV series made by Toei for the French company Zagtoon?

Well, Zagtoon has now taken that off their site and replaced it with a 52 episode full CGI TV series.

Alas.
I was about to say that the character art looked OK and sorta reminded me of the Incredibles, then I saw the old trailer and what seems to be the new backgrounds? Ewww, also them pigeons in the old one. If the new one looks like that it will be 'interesting' to say the least.

Syrinx

*deep breath*

This is fine. but Erika really doesn't hit her full stride until about halfway through. Just keep that in mind.

Articalys

It was actually about Tale of Genji and its influence on modern animation, specifically harem anime. It was pretty nuts. 90 ish pages of nuts.

I can't remember much at this point though; the whole thing is a blur. Hahaha.
...if you're not aware of it already, you should ask the manga thread about a particular series called Minamoto-kun Monogatari...

RurouniZel

I am okay with this. I think one of the reasons why I like her is mainly because she's vastly different from other leaders.

Come to think of it, no one in Heartcatch has an eating/food fetish, do they?

Not that I've seen yet, no.

This is fine. but Erika really doesn't hit her full stride until about halfway through. Just keep that in mind.

Will do. :) I've gotta stop tonight, but I just finished 20.

cajunator

Banned
Earth Girl Arjuna 13

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat the fuuuuuuuck?

KAWAMORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Love the version of Mameshiba at the end so much too.

10/10 would mindfuck again.

cajunator

Banned
KAWAMORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

*turns into Raaja

Hidasketch 4

dVayTH9.jpg
Uimy4fy.jpg

Getting a little :SDBurton: there eh Yuno? And how can anyone be even close to late when they live so close?!

Well all sense of theming goes out the window this episode. There's nothing wrong with that and it really shouldn't be expected of SoL shows but I appreciate it when it's there, I blame This American Life for making me expect such things. Every episode so far has gone backwards in time and you sort of get a hint of what's gonna be featured by looking at whatever is unexplained. This time we saw the origin of Yuno's pet but I can't think of what was unexplained so either we'll finally go forward in time or I'm overlooking something. I guess it could go to the day the teacher made the statue but I doubt they'd go that far back, would be an interesting follow up though.

Thoraxes

Earth Girl Arjuna 13

Bahahahaha

Feel the need to share this adorable moment. One of my sixth grade girls just came into the faculty room to grab a key, and she just runs up to me, hugs my arm, and nods her head. When I asked her what was up, she was just like "Nothing!", giggled, and then skipped away saying "don't forget to come to English class!"

So cute.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Feel the need to share this adorable moment. One of my sixth grade girls just came into the faculty room to grab a key, and she just runs up to me, hugs my arm, and nods her head. When I asked her what was up, she was just like "Nothing!", giggled, and then skipped away saying "don't forget to come to English class!"

So cute.

Your life is more anime than anime.

RurouniZel

So cute.

That is adorable! :3

OceanBlue

So cute.

Your life is more anime than anime.
Basically, lol. That is really cute though.

Earth Girl Arjuna 13

Wait, so it could be a quality mind fuck? I've been avoiding it because I've heard nothing good. How does it compare to other trippy shows? For reference I've seen and enjoyed Boogiepop, Paranoia Agent, and to a lesser extent Lain.

cajunator

Banned
Wait, so it could be a quality mind fuck? I've been avoiding it because I've heard nothing good. How does it compare to other trippy shows? For reference I've seen and enjoyed Boogiepop, Paranoia Agent, and to a lesser extent Lain.

I'd say it is easily up there with the mindfuckiest of them all.
I am going to sleep with images from this show fresh in my mind and it is AWESOME.

duckroll

Yuyushiki - Episode 4

I like how the cast is being expanded slowly, but certain things are really starting to disturb me now. Ever since the "Yui has split personality" theory started making its rounds, I see it everywhere now. It's a nonsense theory, but yet there are coincidences all over which seem to prove more "evidence" for it. It's insane.

Last week's episode appeared to dispel the theory, but yet we start to notice now that Aikawa only thinks about or talks to one of the girls at any given time, she doesn't directly interact either. Yui has also proven to be just as "retarded" as the other two when tired, and other students and characters are starting to project and spread the jokes the main characters come up with. It's probably all just a silly gag, but I can't unsee the possibility that it's really just all about Yui and the effect she's having on those around her (and herself). Aaaaaaaaah. Lololol.

This is what I'll look like by the end of this series: 0_0

Anyway, this week was a bit slow, but Yui's deadeye moe and the bird scene were the stand outs for me.

Jintor

So cute.

that's too anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom