• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

http://news.ameba.jp/20130501-134/

Someone please help translate a summary of this -- from what I can tell by machine translation, it's a short article about the psychology of why we have 2D waifus

Hell, the article title in Google Translate is "Why you fall in love with the character of anime - the psychology of men not love women only two-dimensional"

Natsume can be with anti-Yuno.

IPn23PV.jpg

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I want to believe, but then who would Hiro be with? Chika? Don't make me laugh!

I see Hiro as Natsume's rival for Sae's affections, same way I see Yuno's college friend as Miyako's rival for Yuno. Things could get steamy and intense, but by the end of the day the OTP stays strong.

I did have thoughts about Hiro hooking up with the landlady every now and then though. :p

Can you imagine? Hiro being unable to pay her rent and has to offer "something else" as payment? Delicious!

I see Hiro as Natsume's rival for Sae's affections, same way I see Yuno's college friend as Miyako's rival for Yuno. Things could get steamy and intense, but by the end of the day the OTP stays strong.

I did have thoughts about Hiro hooking up with the landlady every now and then though. :p

Lewd! Oyasan is weird since she doesn't have more interaction with any individual character more than another. She could have a harem I guess, but that's just beyond lewd.

Can you imagine? Hiro being unable to pay her rent and has to offer "something else" as payment? Delicious!

that's too anime

A group of 2nd graders just saw me snapping my fingers, and after verifying that it's the coolest thing in the universe, they proceeded to ask me to try snapping when I take a bath tonight. They really wanna know if it's possible to snap your fingers while in a tub full of water.

I promised them to give it a shot, and gave them a quick salute.

what is this

Shergal

Yuyushiki - Episode 4

I like how the cast is being expanded slowly, but certain things are really starting to disturb me now. Ever since the "Yui has split personality" theory started making its rounds, I see it everywhere now. It's a nonsense theory, but yet there are coincidences all over which seem to prove more "evidence" for it. It's insane.

Last week's episode appeared to dispel the theory, but yet we start to notice now that Aikawa only thinks about or talks to one of the girls at any given time, she doesn't directly interact either. Yui has also proven to be just as "retarded" as the other two when tired, and other students and characters are starting to project and spread the jokes the main characters come up with. It's probably all just a silly gag, but I can't unsee the possibility that it's really just all about Yui and the effect she's having on those around her (and herself). Aaaaaaaaah. Lololol.

This is what I'll look like by the end of this series: 0_0

Anyway, this week was a bit slow, but Yui's deadeye moe and the bird scene were the stand outs for me.

There's also the moment when Yui felt lonely and the other two just conveniently appeared at that exact instant.

They're puppets!

faridmon

A group of 2nd graders just saw me snapping my fingers, and after verifying that it's the coolest thing in the universe, they proceeded to ask me to try snapping when I take a bath tonight. They really wanna know if it's possible to snap your fingers while in a tub full of water.

what is this

Snapping fingers does indeed work in water. And its the coolest thing ever because it happens in Slo-mo

Instro

Yuyushiki - Episode 4

I like how the cast is being expanded slowly, but certain things are really starting to disturb me now. Ever since the "Yui has split personality" theory started making its rounds, I see it everywhere now. It's a nonsense theory, but yet there are coincidences all over which seem to prove more "evidence" for it. It's insane.

Last week's episode appeared to dispel the theory, but yet we start to notice now that Aikawa only thinks about or talks to one of the girls at any given time, she doesn't directly interact either. Yui has also proven to be just as "retarded" as the other two when tired, and other students and characters are starting to project and spread the jokes the main characters come up with. It's probably all just a silly gag, but I can't unsee the possibility that it's really just all about Yui and the effect she's having on those around her (and herself). Aaaaaaaaah. Lololol.

This is what I'll look like by the end of this series: 0_0

Anyway, this week was a bit slow, but Yui's deadeye moe and the bird scene were the stand outs for me.

I'm not sure what will be more enjoyable, the show or watching duckroll lose his mind while watching it.

Jarmel

Banned
Earth Girl Arjuna 13

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat the fuuuuuuuck?

KAWAMORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Love the version of Mameshiba at the end so much too.

10/10 would mindfuck again.

Too bad I'm so busy tonight. I'll finish it tomorrow.

KAWAMORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

*turns into Raaja

I gave it a 10 on MAL. no other score befits that masterpiece.
You are me. I am you. We are Raaja. Let us eat one another!

This is a way to enjoy arjuna ending ..

I went the otehr route and said " WHY " out loud because that ending was .
Don't want to spoiler ... but arjuna is unfortunaty a must-see ..

WHY this ending ?

Then again i should have expected this considering what the previous episode was ...

Syrinx

To LoveRu 4

Oh God those CG sea creature ingredients were the worst thing I've seen since the CG queen in Futari wa Pretty Cure. They didn't look terrible, but the animation looked weird as hell, like I was watching claymation or some shit.

At least Rito got his priorities together and wanted out of the relationship because he didn't want to wage interplanetary war, but Lala put that to rest. Now he has no way out. Deal with it.

Oh tentacles. Knew what was coming the moment I saw the octopus was alive.

To LoveRu 4

Oh God those CG sea creature ingredients were the worst thing I've seen since the CG queen in Futari wa Pretty Cure. They didn't look terrible, but the animation looked weird as hell, like I was watching claymation or some shit.

At least Rito got his priorities together and wanted out of the relationship because he didn't want to wage interplanetary war, but Lala put that to rest. Now he has no way out. Deal with it.

Oh tentacles. Knew what was coming the moment I saw the octopus was alive.

Rito is a pretty determined guy when it comes to trying his best to never get laid.

what is this
You just need to write a semi-autobiographical light novel. Invent a pseudonym and give it an appropriately ridiculously long title and you'll be raking it in.

Hidasketch 5

Shaft visuals ho! Tons of stylish eye candy this episode and so far my favorite. I'll refrain from screen capping all the interesting shots since there are just too many and they're best seen by watching the show anyway. I noticed the apartment mailbox changing a couple times in earlier episodes but never noticed any meaning in it until this one came up. This one is obviously "Yuno is sick!" along with her temperature but now I'm curious if any of the previous ones had something to it or if there were any other hidden visual cues that I missed. Also this seems to be the third episode to feature the brutus statue in some way. Seeing it so often and now in a prophetic dream makes me worry about some grand betrayal somewhere down the line, gasp! Final highlight was the scandalous Miyako stripping Yuno scene but judging by this thread it seems like bringing up :SDBurton: in this show is like mentioning that water is wet. Also it must be nice to feel safe leaving the door unlocked when all your neighbors repeatedly break into your room.

Hidasketch 5

Shaft visuals ho! Tons of stylish eye candy this episode and so far my favorite. I'll refrain from screen capping all the interesting shots since there are just too many and they're best seen by watching the show anyway. I noticed the apartment mailbox changing a couple times in earlier episodes but never noticed any meaning in it until this one came up. This one is obviously "Yuno is sick!" along with her temperature but now I'm curious if any of the previous ones had something to it or if there were any other hidden visual cues that I missed. Also this seems to be the third episode to feature the brutus statue in some way. Seeing it so often and now in a prophetic dream makes me worry about some grand betrayal somewhere down the line, gasp! Final highlight was the scandalous Miyako stripping Yuno scene but judging by this thread it seems like bringing up :SDBurton: in this show is like mentioning that water is wet. Also it must be nice to feel safe leaving the door unlocked when all your neighbors repeatedly break into your room.

Gonna have to echo the statement that this was my favorite episode of the first season. The best way I could describe this episode is "warm", all of the Hidamarisou residents all taking care of Yuno was just absolutely heart warming and honestly made me want to become sick for a day, lol.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Gonna have to echo the statement that this was my favorite episode of the first season. The best way I could describe this episode is "warm", all of the Hidamarisou residents all taking care of Yuno was just absolutely heart warming and honestly made me want to become sick for a day, lol.

This same thing is why I love the HidaSketch x SP ED. Gets me a bit teary every time.

Shergal

Absolutely the best episode of the first season, and one of the top 5 episodes of the whole show, for sure.

But then, I love weird, surreal, dream-y episodes (K-ON!! 13, anyone?).

K-On!! 13 is among the best episodes of the whole thing, yes :D

Fun fact: the director of that one is going to be directing Free! this upcoming summer.

Nisemonogatari 10

And shit went down with
Tsuhiki apparently is not his real sister, so I guess what happened above is A-OK

It's coming to a close that it is.

It's Nisemonogatari as in Impostor Story for a reason :p

To completely run Nise into the ground.

Eh, I feel Nise was getting a little shaky before they arrived anyway. Surprisingly the most recently published LN in the series is Tsukimonogatari and features the arc "Yotsugi Doll", weird turn of events eh?

Anyway I've got work early tomorrow so that's enough Hidasketch for tonight. Probably won't be able to watch more until thursday but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Articalys

Incidentally, should you for whatever reason want an HD version of that new Rozen Maiden PV that came out a few days ago, but was previously only in terrible resolution from TBS's site, well, here you go.

And while we're on subject

Nisemonogatari End

KISSU, to the sister. Who hasn't he kissed at this point? Actually, the only character of age would be his girlfriend. Dude's a weirdo. I mean don't get me wrong, he was weird in Bakemonogatari considering what he did to Hachikuji, but he goes off the deep end with his lust. He also reminds you that he exists solely to be a punching bag that can talk.

Anyway the two new characters, her little girl partner was obnoxious. I said with a posed look, and I'm not fond of big girl either. On top of that, I don't really recall any of the other characters appearing again. Sengoku clearly got screwed over in screen time here. But it was on his sisters I guess, the little one getting neglected.

Not sure how I feel considering the amount of Panderin Oranges it wanted me to eat.

EDIT: The Panderin Oranges was probably the best thing about this sadly.

Syrinx

So Nisemenogatari is the successor to Bakemenogatari? And Nisemenogatari is shitty, but Bakemenogatari is decent?

Do I have this right?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
So Nisemenogatari is the successor to Bakemenogatari? And Nisemenogatari is shitty, but Bakemenogatari is decent?

Do I have this right?

Even Pizzaroll likes
liked
Bakemono, you know it's the real stuff when Pizza and Jex agree on something.

Do I have this right?

Nisemono is a successor, with Nekomono following afterwards. At best, at least Nise gives us two characters who had very little role in Bakemonogatari.

But it is much more fanservicey than Bakemonogatari. I prefer not as decent.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.

Do I have this right?

Both are offensively ugly, if that's your bag you'll have a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom