• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, looking at the list implies there's a second season of Bakemonogatari coming out this year or something. Doesn't have the sisters though as a focus.

kpjolee

Yes, looking at the list implies there's a second season of Bakemonogatari coming out this year or something. Doesn't have the sisters though as a focus.

Should be better than Nisemonogatari as far as story goes. There will be stories without Araragi being the main narrator.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
What aspects about them do you find displeasing to the eye?

The parts where people try to be Shinbo and it doesn't work, also Shaft Shinbo sux so that's not a great thing to try to be.

You know there were those parts that Tanaka, Abe and that one guy I forget animated that are pretty jazz and all that but you know the rest is totally annoying to watch. When the rule of cool is samey and ineffective it's not stylish, it's boring man. I don't watch cartoons to be bored.

Stupidity is the post-modern "cleverness" of the hipster generation.

5180af684bf0a.png

Articalys

So, now that we're about a month into Spring, which voice actor(s) do you think are giving the best character performances of the season so far?

Shergal

The parts where people try to be Shinbo and it doesn't work, also Shaft Shinbo sux so that's not a great thing to try to be.

You know there were those parts that Tanaka, Abe and that one guy I forget animated that are pretty jazz and all that but you know the rest is totally annoying to watch. When the rule of cool is samey and ineffective it's not stylish, it's boring man. I don't watch cartoons to be bored.

That would be Ryo Imamura, stuck in Kizu hell right now :(

Can't say I disagree with your view on SHAFT's common gimmicks, but I thought it was much less annoying in Bake and at some parts executed very well. The first episode is pretty good as all the unconventional staging and close-ups were actually used to convey some sort of meaning and helped establish the characters.

Don't remember too much about Bake to really comment though.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
That would be Ryo Imamura, stuck in Kizu hell right now :(

Can't say I disagree with your view on SHAFT's common gimmicks, but I thought it was much less annoying in Bake and at some parts executed very well. The first episode is pretty good as all the unconventional staging and close-ups are actually used to convey some sort of meaning and helped establish the characters.

Don't remember too much about Bake to really comment though.

I always forget Imamura unless I just finished watching that niconico vid again, why is that a thing? But you know Shinbovision is decently appealing given the right material (and you have to squint of course) I think nisoisin dialogue (hurrr radio drama where I don't care about these VA's or the dumb crab they nigh endlessly spew words about) is even worse so that probably doesn't help!

I mean the people that actually enjoy that stuff would probably stare at a wall if it talked fast and tried to be clever and be equally as enthralled so that's probably why it gets a pass.

I love Shaft angle.

Barf

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 30

Jared at last admits he has an addiction to Kamile, and Bright Noa still can't get goddamn kids off of his boat. Who these brats are and where they came from I don't even know. Frickin' brats on my manboat.

I have a theory: direct exposure to Bright Noa makes you a NewType. It's why errybody is one.
HAHAHAHA how many love interests does Jared have to see
die
?

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 30

Jared at last admits he has an addiction to Kamile, and Bright Noa still can't get goddamn kids off of his boat. Who these brats are and where they came from I don't even know. Frickin' brats on my manboat.

I have a theory: direct exposure to Bright Noa makes you a NewType. It's why errybody is one.
HAHAHAHA how many love interests does Jared have to see
die
?

Jared has it easy as far as I'm concerned. Kamile on the other hand? He falls in love with everything living woman he encounters. It's amazing.

So my last 6th grade class of the day was answering everything by saying ssssuuuuper (Franky from One Piece), which is kind of ironic considering later in class one of my contacts spazzed out and I found myself looking like a pirate. Spent the whole 45 minutes with my right eye closed and watering up.

"Sensei, what's wrong with your eye?"
"I'm pretending to be a pirate."
"Sensei, why are there tears coming from your eye?"
"Being a pirate is sad business."

EDIT: Haganai live action adaptation incoming? They're looking for extras for when they film at a college. Set for 2014. Lololol if true.

http://lb.to/11WF4t7

CorvoSol

Kamile's problem is he falls in love with lame girls like Fa.

Azumanaga Daioh 20

They're Seniors now. I promised myself I wouldn't cry. I will cry when they graduate. Dammit. Mr. Kimura is basically sexually harassing Kaorin at this point, putting her in his class, chossing her for everything, and making a flower garden with his name and hers on it. Oh and Tomo is a Tomo is a Tomo. Could definitely see her as a cop.

CorvoSol

I would like to see your opinion on episode 22 soon.

Next episode the girls join Onizuka's and Kaname's classes and go to Okinawa. I don't remember ep. 22. I just remember that I finished this series the first time when I was a senior in high school. It was freaking rough, man. I cried then, I'll cry now. I'll listen to Vitamin C's graduation song and cry more.

What is Yotsubatso?

zeroshiki

http://news.ameba.jp/20130501-134/

Someone please help translate a summary of this -- from what I can tell by machine translation, it's a short article about the psychology of why we have 2D waifus

Hell, the article title in Google Translate is "Why you fall in love with the character of anime - the psychology of men not love women only two-dimensional"

I'm gonna write this summary as I read:

Its an article by a professor of pyschology discussing the mental state of people who can only love 2D characters.

It talks about how these people have a hard time talking to girls, cannot be near them, etc and thus prefer characters that are not really there. He compares it to looking up to idols.

He then discusses that alot of these guys don't really look at these characters sexually (since that's a different genre) but that they find something in these girls that they cannot find in normal people.

He then differentiates liking 2D characters with liking idols by saying that idols have became more and more accessible nowadays and thats not really what these people want.

Anime girls are "perfect" and will never betray you etc

In conclusion, people who like 2D girls are similar to the people who used to like idols before they became acessible and taking it way back, those who worshipped goddesses. These men gravitate towards these ideal characters because they feel they will never be betrayed by them.

Articalys

I'm gonna write this summary as I read:

Its an article by a professor of pyschology discussing the mental state of people who can only love 2D characters.

It talks about how these people have a hard time talking to girls, cannot be near them, etc and thus prefer characters that are not really there. He compares it to looking up to idols.

He then discusses that alot of these guys don't really look at these characters sexually (since that's a different genre) but that they find something in these girls that they cannot find in normal people.

He then differentiates liking 2D characters with liking idols by saying that idols have became more and more accessible nowadays and thats not really what these people want.

Anime girls are "perfect" and will never betray you etc

In conclusion, people who like 2D girls are similar to the people who used to like idols before they became acessible and taking it way back, those who worshipped goddesses. These men gravitate towards these ideal characters because they feel they will never be betrayed by them.
Thanks!

Branduil

Unless you've got some way to permanently change Azuma's mind on the issue, it's best to just let it go.

Never give up, never surrender.

God damn it, why did you put that in my head. Now I can't go to bed or get married..

We'll always have those 20 seconds of fan anime someone made.

Next episode the girls join Onizuka's and Kaname's classes and go to Okinawa. I don't remember ep. 22. I just remember that I finished this series the first time when I was a senior in high school. It was freaking rough, man. I cried then, I'll cry now. I'll listen to Vitamin C's graduation song and cry more.

What is Yotsubatso?

Azuma's current manga, it's not a 4koma and it's better than Azumanga.

zeroshiki

I can't believe they're making a live action Haganai. Well... I can, but damn it's going to be hilariously awful.

I can believe it.

Anything gets made into a movie nowadays. There's even a Sundome movie. What's important is whether's its got a budget or its the usual low budget nearly-direct-to-home dreck that doesn't even get shown outside of Tokyo.

I can believe it.

Anything gets made into a movie nowadays. There's even a Sundome movie. What's important is whether's its got a budget or its the usual low budget nearly-direct-to-home dreck that doesn't even get shown outside of Tokyo.

I guess I just wasn't expecting a somewhat fan service heavy, harem-ish series to get a live action adaptation.

You drew like me in the beginning always hiding hands. Your drawings are really nice now, I should have kept training.
Nowadays I just draw when I fell like it and I keep hiding the things I don’t like to draw and never color anything…while my brother just keep getting better and better(he basically did the same as you), and we started from the same point. =____=
I drew this today at work, I like to draw with just a black ballpen and just fill random papers with random drawings, today I used the backcover of a magazine. =p
I went to check some of my old drawigs, sry for 3DS shitty pics. T____T

Real talk: I honed my English skills through playing JRPGs and watching anime. Also gaming forums.

Same here. And Regulus I can't stop listening Hoshikuzu Namida instead of Groovin Magic.

There are insane people who have watched all of the Naruto filler. Think about that.

.____. I was still young and believed the fillers would end fast...dropped Shippuden when the first filler started, came back just to she OPs and Eds(same with Bleach).

...if you're not aware of it already, you should ask the manga thread about a particular series called Minamoto-kun Monogatari...

RyougaSaotome, Minamoto-kun is super intersting.
Thanks, GAF.

And now that I have catch up I'm going to watch some anime
and hobo avatar myself before I cut my hair
. =]

madp

The Light of El Cantare
K-On! 01:

Trying this for the first time as an act of gratitude toward someone. Mindblowing craftsmanship. The level of deliberateness perceptible in even the slightest movement or gesture, choice of perspective, and every last aspect of how scenes are framed is rare and wonderful. The characters and the spaces they inhabit feel so alive. It's heaven for an expression whore like me. You know, I'm almost thankful that I avoided this series believing it the devil incarnate in my anime hipster days because all of these finer details would have been lost upon me. I don't know whether to burn through the entire thing now or savor the experience. Oh, and something something the girls are really cute something.

It's a shame that, no matter what heights of technical mastery or enjoyability this show achieves, it can never be a 10/10 series because there's a tiny hat in the ED. I'll forgive and look past this unfortunate flaw, of course.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yuyushiki - Episode 4

Ever since the "Yui has split personality" theory started making its rounds, I see it everywhere now. It's a nonsense theory, but yet there are coincidences all over which seem to prove more "evidence" for it. It's insane.

Duckroll, what have we told you about thinking?

zeroshiki

The first season of K-On is not as polished as the 2nd season. I've said it before but even the animation work is different. K-On!! is totally at a different level.

CorvoSol

Betterman 12

So the main bad guy so far turns out to have been a mad doctor working on a new food source for humanity. I guess it is grubs because that was what he fed Dr. Asami during that reaaaaaaally creepy episode last time. This time I wish I had knowledge of the .gif arts, because the episode can best be summed up by that one .gif of Oprah Winfrey and ladies crying. That or the Pain from MGS3.

Either way, the answer is

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

That turn into a dragon. Yes, because bees weren't bad enough, they combine into a dragon. And grubs in errybody's body. Oh man when did we go from being terror to horror?

When the latest volume of Yotsubato released, I actually fist pumped when I saw it at my book store.

Da best.

You have forsaken me again, Saotomeeeeeeeeeeeee.
How funny it is that I got two copies of the Daily Calendar(order was shipped 2013/03/11, volume 12 was released 2013/03/10 =____=) and didn't get the new volume, have a order arriving that I got more things because of how much I pay for shipping...oh well, there goes another 50 USD for shipping.

CorvoSol

The Vision of Escaflowne 11

CALLED IT BEAUTIFUL SEPHIROTH IS ADORABLE PRINCELING'S FATHER. CAAAAALLEEEED IT. Also Dragon Escaflowne wielding the sword was freaking awesome. And Dulandau is like, the least fortunate guy ever. Oh but squeezing that dude to death in an instant was freakin' crazy. Never expected that out of this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom