• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
xEpVr75.jpg

Now i'm not sure is Trigger done Ninja Slayer right lol.

Mandelbo

Ore Monogatari 01

I know someone who refuses to watch this because Takeo is fat.

But fuck him, this is great so far. I hope it remains as fun to watch as episode 1 was.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Punchline Episode 2:

This show needs to work on its comedic timing, it lets jokes go on for far too long and repeats certain ones well after they stopped being funny. Also, they found a way to make the skin lightening controversy worse by not updated the god damned script. I can still see some potential in this show but it needs to step things up or it gets dropped.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ore Monogatari 01

I know someone who refuses to watch this because Takeo is fat.

But fuck him, this is great so far. I hope it remains as fun to watch as episode 1 was.

If there is a reason not to watch this show it is the infuriating artificial love triangle.

Punchline - 02

Eh, wasn't a big fan of this episode. Lots of random stuff, with hit or miss on the comedy part. And no Mappa I won't forgive you for ruining delicious brown no matter how hard you try to make it plot.

Uhe6z78.gif

Mandelbo

If there is a reason not to watch this show it is the infuriating artificial love triangle.

It does seem like it'll become very frustrating if he keeps attributing Yamato's advances to Sura. That she only asked for his email is a pretty big flag

Jex

[Ninja Slayer] - 1

Yeah this was kind of amazing. I had half-expected Trigger would be pulling something like this due to the bizarre and jokey marketing campaign but I honestly had no idea of quite how far they'd go.

On paper, I love the concept and even in practice I enjoy some of the execution. However, for what is essentially a one-note gag it goes on slightly too long. This is the kind of thing I've grown used to experiencing in 3 - 5 minute chunks, not over 12 minutes.

Subaru sister did the rehabilitation with hope that they could be saved and taken in. She did convinced her father to took them all in under her wing once that part was over.
Oh, that's Subaru's family name? I hadn't remembered what her last name was. I presume she'll appear at some point then?

If someone hasn't seen strikers then they needto accept those characters as they are, because they aren't really important to the plot yet. as i said , if the show doesn't tell you , then it's not that important.MOst of them are references to older shows that you don't need to process that much
For some things, sure, that could work, but there are some things they should mention.

That was the case in strikers too . Trains, cars , planes, subways ( all powered by magic devices )
You're right, Strikers was like that wasn't it. Well, it was kind of lazy there too. I know a lot of sci-fi and fantasy anime love to have worlds nearly identical to ours, but it's not very imaginative, or plausible.

Vivio is the reincarnation of the person who founded that religious organisation.
Oh, she is? I didn't remember that. This is a perfect example of something they need to mention in this series. I presume they will, but ep. 1 would be a good time, to avoid the confusion in that scene.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It does seem like it'll become very frustrating if he keeps attributing Yamato's advances to Sura. That she only asked for his email is a pretty big flag

I get his point of view, I really do, but this still comes across as a premise that only exists because the parties involved are not taking 30 seconds out to clear the situation.

Etotama - 02

I'm enjoying this more than I should. I guess I just enjoy the Zodiac banter, and there's something intriguing to me about the "pretty mode fights". I'm just sitting here with a dumb smile on my face.
gy7laR6.jpg

I feel the cajun is strong with this one

jgminto

That magical feeling you get when a studio actually cares about adapting a source material that you've been eagerly waiting for a very long time.

I had almost forgotten how wonderful this felt.

I don't know if I'd consider borrowing the framing of shots directly from manga on its own caring. Many passionate adaptations do use that method but it is also easier to adapt someone else's work than come up with your own direction that might be more suited to animation.

what do you actually want from trigger?

More Turning Girls while they're at it.

Midonin

Moon Phase 01-03

Chiwa Saito and Hiroshi Kamiya have been together a while, and they got their start here. While Hazuki is more to the Becky side of things than her later performance as Hitagi, I can already see the chemistry these two had. Shaft's signature style is all here, including some quirky choices of OP and ED. While there are some battle elements to it, they're hardly central to the story aside from the prologue that was the first two episodes. I saw the first episode of this at an anime club a while back, but it's been so long that the first episode largely felt new again. It's one of the few Shaft shows that I haven't seen yet, so now's as good a time as any to jump in.

Monster Musume Staff Cast announced

Director: Yoshihara Tatsuya (Yoru no Yatterman)
Series Composition & Script: Fudeyasu Kazuyuki ( Yoru no Yatterman, Princess Resurrection, Kampfer, Walkure Romanze)
Animation Director: Sunagawa Tatsuya (Yozakura Quartet) & Akasaka Shunji (Yozakura Quartet)
Character Design: Sunagawa Tatsuya
Sub-Character Design: Akasaka Shunji
Sound Director: Morishita Hiroto (Blade and Soul)
Music: Manzo and Tsutsumi Hiroaki
Animation Production: Lerche & Seva

VA

Miia – Amamiya Sora
Papi – Ozawa Ari
Centorea – Aikawa Natsuki

Source

jgminto

There are clearly people here that haven't watched Inferno Cop, predecessor to Ninja Slayer. Also watch Turning Girls while you're at it (not officially Trigger but from some of their staff). Along with LWA this was easily the height of Trigger so far. Both shows managed to be far more entertaining than anything they've worked on since.

Punch Line 2
Okay this has redeemed itself to a degree. It's not complete trash. The cheermancy dance was cute and funny though that's about it. That's the only thing to salvage it so I expect nothing from this show

Cornbread78

Kimi ni Todoke (From Me to You) ep. 13-23
This is a cute series, I just wish Sawaka grew a pair, but I'm sure she growsd up a little bit in the second season. The only thing they need to do to make this better would be to add some a little more humor, but this whole series is cute and refreshing compared to most anime I've watched thus far.

Narag

Series Composition & Script: Fudeyasu Kazuyuki ( Yoru no Yatterman, Princess Resurrection, Kampfer, Walkure Romanze)
Animation Director: Sunagawa Tatsuya (Yozakura Quartet) & Akasaka Shunji (Yozakura Quartet)

VA

Miia – Amamiya Sora
Papi – Ozawa Ari

Source

Suddenly hyped.

Tuck

There are clearly people here that haven't watched Inferno Cop, predecessor to Ninja Slayer. Also watch Turning Girls while you're at it (not officially Trigger but from some of their staff). Along with LWA this was easily the height of Trigger so far. Both shows managed to be far more entertaining than anything they've worked on since.
Did little witch academia come before or after inferno cop? Because if it was after then thanks certainly not true.

Also, kill la kill :p

VA

Miia – Amamiya Sora
Papi – Ozawa Ari

Source

I know what I'm pushing next season

firehawk12

Subete no aware

That pedigree.

Cornbread78

Etotama - 02

I'm enjoying this more than I should. I guess I just enjoy the Zodiac banter, and there's something intriguing to me about the "pretty mode fights". I'm just sitting here with a dumb smile on my face.

Same here, I find it "cute and fun." I'm glad they bring that out in the execution as well and don't try to take it too seriously.

Quasar

I get his point of view, I really do, but this still comes across as a premise that only exists because the parties involved are not taking 30 seconds out to clear the situation.

Yamato made it pretty bloody clear when she told Takeo not to bring his buddy anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom