• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Nyarko F preview

Gaim is the Rider powerset that actually matches best with Nyarko. I don't know if the writers had enough prep time to work in at least one Drive reference in there, but if this is how the franchise ends, I'll be happy.

NYARKO SPARKLING

Hell yes!
Didn't realise there were so many bokeh haters.

So far Euphonium looks nice to me. Cant wait for a high bitrate bluray.

Ponycanyon USA has it, so it will be in good hands.

cajunator

Banned
DanMachi 01-02

Ive now witnessed this Hestia character and yes she acts bubble and cute but Im still sick of her.
Instead I like this girl the best. Now she is a cutie!
SrHIT98.png

Otherwise, this isnt a bad show really. I enjoyed it.

Plastic Memories 01

Well now, this is depressing as hell. I can tell this wont end nicely especially when erasing memories is involved. It kind of reminds me of Chobits.
But why would anyone sign up for a virtual partner or friend that loses all recognition after nine years?

DEATH™

Plastic Memories 01

Well now, this is depressing as hell. I can tell this wont end nicely especially when erasing memories is involved. It kind of reminds me of Chobits.
But why would anyone sign up for a virtual partner or friend that loses all recognition after nine years?

Probably to be able to have a sympathy to others I guess. I mean, if it's just a couple of human repo men, they could be like heartless jerks for all they care, but if you know your partner (or you) might suffer the same fate, your approach will be totally differrent.

Quasar

cajunator said:
Plastic Memories 01

Why would anyone get a pet that dies after 10 years or so?

Cornbread78

DanMachi 01-02

Ive now witnessed this Hestia character and yes she acts bubble and cute but Im still sick of her.
Instead I like this girl the best. Now she is a cutie!

Plastic Memories 01

Don't worry Cajun, Hestia and the barmaid have no shot at Bell, that's not even half his harem... yet, lol.

In regards to Plastic Memories, watch episode 2. It either let's you get a glimpse of the final episode, or purposely sets you up to believe that will be the outcome and will go in a different direction. Both shows feel completely different, but I'm really interested in both..

Last I remember they were still in jail, though they were maybe going to be released soon and were being rehabilitated. I don't remember much about each of them in specific, though, didn't really recognize them in this episode.
Subaru sister did the rehabilitation with hope that they could be saved and taken in. She did convinced her father to took them all in under her wing once that part was over.

Again, it's been 8 years since the last seasons started. You can't assume that everyone watching this has watched the last season, it's been too long! At least I HAVE watched the old seasons, for anyone who hasn't would be very confused.
If someone hasn't seen strikers then they needto accept those characters as they are, because they aren't really important to the plot yet. as i said , if the show doesn't tell you , then it's not that important.MOst of them are references to older shows that you don't need to process that much

On the note of "magical society", I found it somewhat stupidly amusing that in this episode Midchilda is basically identical to Earth but wit ha few minor changes. They've got cars, buildings, clothing, etc. just like Earth's. How... convenient. :p
That was the case in strikers too . Trains, cars , planes, subways ( all powered by magic devices )

Beyond that though, I hope your interpretation of the Nanoha/Fate relationship is right, but remember that StrikerS had a very similar "never admit Nanoha and Fate are actually a real couple" thing going on, just like Vivio said here -- that's part of why I noticed her words so much.

And yeah, I don't remember why the church worships Vivio, but I did remember that she's ... not normal, Nanoha saving her, Adult mode, etc.
Vivio is the reincarnation of the person who founded that religious organisation.

Midonin

Aikatsu! Akari Generation 129

Another hurdle of Ichigo's that Akari had to overcome herself. But this time, she has some prep time, and was able to pass it with flying colors. Japanese talk and variety shows always seem so much more scripted yet somehow looser than our American ones - though that's combining Aikatsu's somewhat friendly portrayal with ones like the one at the start of Shirobako or Wake Up Girls.

Now the next step is forming units.

My Love Story 2:
Man, Takeo is so thick. Wake up, dude.

This is still a pretty pleasing series, and I'm enjoying the interactions of the characters. I just hope that things don't get dragged out too much with the current status, because I could see that getting old before too long. But right now there's still a certain charm to it.

phaze

Monogatari Second Season - Ep 4
I think i'm gonna take a break from the mono series. Just binge watch Bake and Nise so i'm starting to get tired. 26 episodes... urgh, why.
And why Senjougahara changed so much?

Gunbuster
Finally completed.
Well... it's dated for sure. And not in a good way. I watch anime from all era but something didn't click with that one.
The biggest problem is that the characters are barely developed. This show needed six more episodes, at least. Or cut off the nerdy talks about space stuff.
I would have been head over heels if i watched this in the early 90's. But now...
And that last ep... black and white? Come on son.

Hanekawa's arcs are always the worst !

And Diebuster is much better.

it appears kizumonogatari is finally coming out... next year.

Ore Monogatari 02

The unconventional lead is about the only thing that makes me not drop this outright. Don't think I read manga past that point so at least 3rd ep will be fresh territory. Doubt it will convince to continue though.

lonely

In the mean time please enjoy the Kizumonogatari novel release. God I can't believe we got the book translated before the film even came out.

duckroll

Hey guys. Remember when months back I warned everyone that Ninja Slayer probably wasn't a "real" TV anime project and to expect something weird like Inferno Cop (or at "best" Panty and Stocking) instead? Even if you heeded that warning, you won't be prepared. :p

Hey guys. Remember when months back I warned everyone that Ninja Slayer probably wasn't a "real" TV anime project and to expect something weird like Inferno Cop (or at "best" Panty and Stocking) instead? Even if you heeded that warning, you won't be prepared. :p

So it's good is what you're telling me

Ore Monogatari 02

How is this not the most talked about show?

It almost is. I feel like the only other shows this season that have gotten as much talk are Soma and Hestia's Breastias

But Ninja Slayer hasn't aired yet

cajunator

Banned

If its bad we still have Show By Rock.

If it ends up like P&S I'll be happy.

Can't believe there are going to be 26 episodes of this shit.

Squishy3

I like how Funimation has the simulcast rights to Ninja Slayer and doesn't have any info up about when they're going to stream it.

/XX/

I was always curious about why Anibin listed it as 955.5p instead of HVFULL.

If you want to get a good idea of how pervasive 1080p mastering is, http://anibin.blogspot.com/ is the resource ultimatemegax is referring to.
It would have been better to have an alternative since in 2011 Hiroki Gotō (GORRY) stopped doing moving pictures resolution measurements with FFT spectrum analysers too, but his database still maintains some brief information about them. In case you are interested in another source for these analysis on some older series from previous TV emissions (specially interesting in case of long-running shows outside seasons RURIN doesn't always analyse himself) you can check this other website too.

I'll admit it is kind of odd to use in essentially 2d animation. Ditto lens flare. Bringing physical camera effects to 2d animation is weird. Kind of like skewmorphism for animation.
I don't think weird (or strange) is the right word when many of those digital effects in composition are used trying to supplant visual tricks already seen on animation for decades, before the demise of the era for Japanese animation directly shot-on-film, so in the end these methods are equally fundamental to the history of the animation creation method itself, proper of it since its origins. Cinematography was of course equivalent to the live-action counterparts for certain possible techniques but always depending on the equipment they could use, of course (like for example, to put an extremely cheap case of it, how DAICON III & DAICON IV were shot on consumer-specced video camera models using Single-8 film).

Nowadays, much of the efforts in reproducing said 'camera lens effects' comes from way of also conserving a certain visual language pervasive to this medium as a tradition and acquired taste equal to any other evolving medium too (from the roots), after that mentioned era, not there just to mimic how contemporary live-action cinema footage is captured.

Midonin

Etotama 02

And that's two anime this season that developed an unusual affection to sesame seeds. Overlapping themes can show up in the weirdest places. Maybe it's because they reused a joke, but I'm going to reassess my statement. This show has more than a few shades of Muromi in it, only with mermaids replaced with the Zodiac. Also, Mo-tan revealing herself to be an aspiring Effie with some heavy "American"isms make her a favorite in my book. The yuri doesn't hurt either. Also, so much of this episode was animal puns - while the translator didn't really try to translate them, I can always appreciate a show that bases itself around terrible wordplay (see also: Punchline).

Nyatan and Cyan may be thematically similar, but something tells me Nyatan and Eruna would get along just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom