• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that's Subaru's family name? I hadn't remembered what her last name was. I presume she'll appear at some point then?
Subaru sister already appeared in episode 1:
Mahou%20Shoujo%20Lyrical%20Nanoha%20ViVid%20-%2001c.jpg
Yep that the familly name. And subaru is in episode 2.
Ps: they didn't adopt all the numbers , but you get the point.
For some things, sure, that could work, but there are some things they should mention.

You're right, Strikers was like that wasn't it. Well, it was kind of lazy there too. I know a lot of sci-fi and fantasy anime love to have worlds nearly identical to ours, but it's not very imaginative, or plausible.
Vivid is about the old belkia wars and the new society. it may be bland now , but as vivid will continue , there will be some intresting things that will happen.

Oh, she is? I didn't remember that. This is a perfect example of something they need to mention in this series. I presume they will, but ep. 1 would be a good time, to avoid the confusion in that scene.

They will mention that quite soon, when the plot will need it.There is a reason why they showed vivio visit to the church after all.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Log Horizon 2 end

Finally caught up, This show is really good when the focus in on the round table. A bit shame there's a downgrade in animation department, but i enjoy the series as a whole.

Ore monogatari 2

Butt shaped tree. What a weird place to ask a guy a serious question. Takeo being oblivious as ever, and Suna is a bro.

Mikagura School suite 2

Stuff happen. Eruna enthusiasm is great, and there's the mystery with her power or something.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Also, is magical nonoha that hype? I'm seeing pages of people going in detail on that show lol. Never knew magical girls could get so serious.

Ore Monogatari 2

His buddy is going to end up liking the girl right?

idk, his buddy doesn't look like an asshole lol.

Midonin

Also, is magical nonoha that hype? I'm seeing pages of people going in detail on that show lol. Never knew magical girls could get so serious
Magical girls have always had the potential to be serious. Even before Madoka, stuff like the season finale of Sailor Moon was not forgiving to the heroines. Though the appeal of Nanoha is that it's magical girls that function more like Gundams, which came about entirely because of Nanoha's outfit design.

Ninja Slayer 01

After watching Sunred I wanted more half-length half-animated shows. This is dumb but I can appreciate it, although I actually think it could benefit from being even shorter.
Also I was hoping the plot would be like Bad Dudes

I Can’t Understand What My Husband Is Saying 2 03

CCvzszaUsAEZxjH.png:large

An Xbox One in Japan?
This series is unrealistic, dropped.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Magical girls have always had the potential to be serious. Even before Madoka, stuff like the season finale of Sailor Moon was not forgiving to the heroines. Though the appeal of Nanoha is that it's magical girls that function more like Gundams, which came about entirely because of Nanoha's outfit design.

I've always wanted to get into the series ever since it came about cause of the possibility for romance between the guy who came from the magical world and Nonoha but never really went beyond the first episode. Is it worth it? I mean I really liked Sailor Moon as a kid, for the wrong reasons, but I think I might like Magical Lyrical Girl Nonoha, if that's the name.

Midonin

The romance ends up being more between Nanoha and her rival (though it's all subtext). But as the series goes on, Nanoha starts destroying everything with magical lasers. It's kind of her trademark. And the sequel series (A's) is really good. So the romance element you're looking for might not be there, but the story is still pretty engaging, and the fights are cool.

I really liked Sailor Moon as a kid, for the wrong reasons.
Eh, everyone does fandom in their own way. As long as it isn't hurting anyone.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The romance ends up being more between Nanoha and her rival (though it's all subtext). But as the series goes on, Nanoha starts destroying everything with magical lasers. It's kind of her trademark. And the sequel series (A's) is really good. So the romance element you're looking for might not be there, but the story is still pretty engaging, and the fights are cool.

Long gone are the days where I just enjoy fanservice and great story cause now I enjoy romancu. I'll give it a try though, it may not be Cardcaptor Sakura which is my favorite show but it might as well be a replacement until I can find a good show that has ended.

Eh, everyone does fandom in their own way. As long as it isn't hurting anyone.

lol, this statement scares me. i can only imagine what people have done.

Hugstable

Banned
Ninja Slayer 01

After watching Sunred I wanted more half-length half-animated shows. This is dumb but I can appreciate it, although I actually think it could benefit from being even shorter.
Also I was hoping the plot would be like Bad Dudes

I Can’t Understand What My Husband Is Saying 2 03

CCvzszaUsAEZxjH.png:large

An Xbox One in Japan?
This series is unrealistic, dropped.

The WIi U is named Wii O lol

Andrew J.

Ninja Slayer 01

Made me laugh a lot. Mixing up the cutouts with actual animation kept it a lot fresher than a 12-minute episode of Inferno Cop would have been.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Is it me or did High School DxD's animation quality drop? I was rewatching older episodes and man did they look better than season 3.

Ninja Slayer

Yeeeart!

Other than that, Trigger is just going nuts. I found the cops beating up the drunk guy hilarious but everything else looks like it could have become a great plot had they decided to take this seriously lol. They did it with KLK, they could have repeated it again with this.

Oh Save n Quit you're such a cheeky character.

You should see Save n Quit in the manga thread then lol

BluWacky

For some odd reason, this reminds me of Welcome to NHK lol. Why does the series get so much respect around anime communities? I've seen the first half but it didn't struck that strong of a chord with me. Did it get re-released on Blu-ray? Cause I know its kinda old.

It's something to do with laughing at yourself in a way. However, in the TV series, as far as I watched anyway, you watch Satou be the worst kind of desperately sad NEET/otaku/whatever and think "well, at least I'm not him!" as he accidentally makes himself look like a paedophile etc. At the same time, he gets romanced by a cute girl who wants to fix him, so it pushes otaku wish fulfilment buttons at the same time.

(also it has a brilliant OP and an amusing ED)

I'm not a fan; I don't feel like the TV series really captured the sense of deep, utter self-loathing the author created (somewhat autobiographically) in the original novel. That level of nihilism would be pretty unsustainable in something meant to entertain for 22 minutes a week, though.

Is it me or did High School DxD's animation quality drop? I was rewatching older episodes and man did they look better than season 3.

It's not you..
the first 2 episodes were cheapers than most of the first 2 seasons.
But i'm not worried because what's coming next need some delicate attention and they might have SAVED their time for those important scenes.
If episode 3 & 4 look bad , then , yes it'll be the time to be worried.

sonicmj1

Ninja Slayer
They did it with KLK, they could have repeated it again with this.

And thank God they didn't. Because Ninja Slayer is wonderful.

I had hoped to one day be blessed enough to receive more Inferno Cop, and that day has arrived. I like the weird hybrid style they're doing, because it sets up fun moments like the death of the last ninja in this episode, where it transitions directly from this:
to this:
This season is redeemed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom