• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Etotama 02

And that's two anime this season that developed an unusual affection to sesame seeds. Overlapping themes can show up in the weirdest places. Maybe it's because they reused a joke, but I'm going to reassess my statement. This show has more than a few shades of Muromi in it, only with mermaids replaced with the Zodiac. Also, Mo-tan revealing herself to be an aspiring Effie with some heavy "American"isms make her a favorite in my book. The yuri doesn't hurt either. Also, so much of this episode was animal puns - while the translator didn't really try to translate them, I can always appreciate a show that bases itself around terrible wordplay (see also: Punchline).

Nyatan and Cyan may be thematically similar, but something tells me Nyatan and Eruna would get along just fine.

I guess I will watch this next.
Yesterday I was able to finally catch up with some new shows.

Valvrave the Liberator 13

The parts where Saki is an idol clash so hard with the rest of the show, lol. When did they even get the time to do those ads? Who's coming to record them?

I think I figured out why DTL likes this show so much with that Haruto and L-Elf scene where he promises to only bite L-Elf, since Saki offered the same shit and he turned her down.
Of course you program your mechs to run on human emotions, that's a great idea. I assume they find some roundabout way to get the power or some shit.

That OP is super good though

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
rBKAHW3.gif
I have to say, it looks quite nice.

/XX/

Can't believe there are going to be 26 episodes of this shit.
who pays them to make that shit?
Come on, guys! Are you judging it just yet because they are doing it in good fun? As long as it is entertaining in a crazy way (and that is what this property is all about, after all it is a 'fake' translation on Twitter of a light novel mishmash of ridiculous action-film 'clichés') I don't see a problem nor the necessity of insulting it.

And to answer the question; cross-promotion of other products practically pays itself... music production to showcase, there is a graphical novel too and more merchandise!

Trickster

whoops <_<

But uhm, that ninja slayer thing huh, gonna be great right?

edit - Nvm, you were right, "????" is apparently not the same as "locked" lol

Ninja Slayer 1

Well, that sure was something. There were even a few seconds of proper animation.

bildschirmfoto2015-04htb63.png

It even has social commentary on police violence.

None of the girls appeared this episode, only the titular Ninja Slayer and a brief look at a potential antagonist. It seems they want to follow a proper narrative with this.
I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard a few times, though the novelty already wore off towards the end. Visual are very garish and at times hard to look at. 15 minutes also seems far too long for this kind of show. I don't think I need to see any more of this.

cajunator

Banned
Ninja Slayer 1

Well, that sure was something. There were even a few seconds of proper animation.

None of the girls appeared this episode, only the titular Ninja Slayer and a brief look at a potential antagonist. It seems they want to follow a proper narrative with this.
I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard a few times, though the novelty already wore off towards the end. Visual are very garish and at times hard to look at. 15 minutes also seems far too long for this kind of show. I don't think I need to see any more of this.

This looks very unpleasant

VRMN

Ninja Slayer 01

Yeah, this seems like a successor to Inferno Cop. The problem for me is that I only kind of liked Inferno Cop and part of that was the three minute run time didn't let the show wear out its welcome. Fifteen minutes is probably too long per episode. I won't drop it right away, but it's near the bottom of my list.

Defuser

Man, Sora Amamiya sure is getting alot of main roles lately, looks like she can be the next biggest seiyuu after Kana Hanazawa.

Come on, guys! Are you judging it just yet because they are doing it in good fun? As long as it is entertaining in a crazy way (and that is what this property is all about, after all it is a 'fake' translation on Twitter of a light novel mishmash of ridiculous action-film 'clichés') I don't see a problem nor the necessity of insulting it.

And to answer the question; cross-promotion of other products practically pays itself... music production to showcase, there is a graphical novel too and more merchandise!

I don't want to stop the folks at Trigger from having fun, but 26 episodes of 15 minutes seems far too long for this sort of joke.

/XX/

How worse is the animation of Ninja Slayer compared to Inferno Cop?

Because Inferno Cop was really rough.
Having watched it, there are moments of very stylish action animation ('Kanada pers' and all), specially one climax fight as seen on recent PVs too... Mr. Imaishi acted as assistant AD to Kengo Sait&#333; for this episode even!

Also interesting is Atsushi Nishigori's presence on the OP credits, where great part of it is most probably recycled animation from the following episodes footage... one could think his (hinted before) 'secret' task at the project was drawing the female protagonists 'GORIPON GIRLS style', yeah!
He isn't credited as TRIGGER Inc., staff on it, yet.

I don't want to stop the folks at Trigger from having fun, but 26 episodes of 15 minutes seems far too long for this sort of joke.
It could drag a bit, but if this episode can serve as a initial measure to the alternation between visual & animation styles it was well balanced (the dialogue is equally silly throughout all of it, for sure), in my opinion, which makes it very fresh. I hope it continues like that, and ridiculously done or not there is enough "interesting" material to adapt for this whole series' span.

cajunator

Banned
It's just always baffling when a site that started out as an illegal anime streaming service has their shit together more than Funimation who has been in the anime licensing business for years can't.

actually, that makes perfect sense, as Funimation didnt get into the streaming game until well afterwards. CR might not have been doing it legally at first but they did learn HOW to properly set it up through experience.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So it's good is what you're telling me

It almost is. I feel like the only other shows this season that have gotten as much talk are Soma and Hestia's Breastias

But Ninja Slayer hasn't aired yet

Ore doesn't seem to have any more chatter then a few shows here, of course it is just getting its standing.

Cornbread78

Etotama 2
This one is kinda funny. I mean, it's not going to amount to much as a series most likely, but it is fun to watch the silly cuteness of it.
72555.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
FSN 13 LTTP

My wife had the funniest misunderstanding ever at the season premiere of Fate stay/night Season 2.

At the end, after Shirou confesses to Rin and it shows them hugging, it cuts to the ending credits and shows those wisp things flying around. My wife thought that they were supposed to be sperm and that it was some sort of allusion to the fact that they were having sex
KuGsj.gif

Midonin

Punchline 02

"Because I'm the only one in my family with tan skin."

Dammit, whoever said they had to change her skin color. Not only was her old character design better, but it was a part of her character that had to be neutered. The plot still mostly works even with it changed, but I can't help but feel the series will only get up to 99% of its potential. Otherwise, the ghost rules, while somewhat arbitrary, are interesting to see play out, the girls are starting to get some fleshing out as to how they ended up where they are, and there's plenty of wordplay to satiate my need for puns. Thursdays are fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom