• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Etotama - 02

I'm enjoying this more than I should. I guess I just enjoy the Zodiac banter, and there's something intriguing to me about the "pretty mode fights". I'm just sitting here with a dumb smile on my face.
Well I know what I'm starting.

Subaru sister already appeared in episode 1:
Yep that the familly name. And subaru is in episode 2.
Ps: they didn't adopt all the numbers , but you get the point.
Vivid is about the old belkia wars and the new society. it may be bland now , but as vivid will continue , there will be some intresting things that will happen.

They will mention that quite soon, when the plot will need it.There is a reason why they showed vivio visit to the church after all.
All those cuties.

rrvv

Turning Girls

1H4hdoW.png

I dont think I can see stack of cups same again

Clov

I think I had the opposite reaction to Ninja Slayer that a lot of people here are having. I wasn't looking forward to it that much, and I was joking with my friend that since it was from the director of Inferno Cop it would be animated in the same way. Then it mostly was. Loved it.

Link Man

Banned
Punchline Episode 2

i1Tpam9BkfpI4.jpg

So yeah, color me surprised. This was a lot better for me than the first episode, but then I'm a sucker for character development. Also love the character designs, the girls are really cute!

/XX/

They also worked on Muromi-san together and that was awesome.
Lets not forget the importance of GAiNAXer Ms. Sadakata on achieving that series liveliness for its character animation, in conjunction to the young talents at Tatsunoko Productions (how many of them could be involved on this? That is an important part too)... then again, not many seem to give a damn about such key staff positions like, for example, animation director when the Crunchyroll news editor of turn gives more importance in correcting (or worse even, only notices) a mistranslated Papi's character VA credit than the typo on Takaya Sunagawa's name, still present. :-/

I dont think I can see stack of cups same again
The cold water paper cup was voiced by non other than Tatsuru Tatemoto, TRIGGER's PR man!

Thoraxes

TRIAGE X - 02

Still no idea what a triage is.

Its seems like it'a a concept of goodwill after being reborn or something like but amplified.

Trully i have no idea .
Basically they're treating the wounds of society by cutting out the most cancerous people first, so to speak.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've put everyone who has said something negative about Ninja Slayer on my ignite list and this thread has sudfenly become six thousand times more readable. Amazing!

Ninja Slayer 1
It's no Inferno Cop, and 15 minutes really does seem way too long for an episode of this, but it was still entertaining. I'm not sure how long it will hold up though, I don't think this can sustain itself for 26 episodes of 15 minutes.

I see that the post-Ninja Slayer world has been divided into two groups and it's pretty clear which of those groups liked Inferno Cop!
I don't think the split actually works out that way. I'm seeing plenty of people who liked Inferno Cop not care for this.

Mailbox

Ninja Slayer 1

Oh boi, idk how to feel about this one.

I should have expected it. I really should have, but I didn't.
I actually enjoyed Inferno Cop, mind you. Loved the randomness and antics because everything in that world was about that. Everything supported that randomness and craziness.

Here... not so much. The few "inferno cop" esque joke that were there were indeed kinda funny (i admit i chuckled when the huge number of cops just started to jump on that random guy). That said, I couldn't help feeling like I was cheated when watching the inferno cop styled parts.

I did like the properly animated parts a good deal though. Hell, those parts would probably make the comedic moments better (I actually found the whole "formality prior to fighting" to be much better done the second time when it was actually animated.)

idk if i will follow Ninja Cop: From Inferno Animation 2, but.... idk

I haven't felt this way since Squareenix decided to announce FF7 for ps4 on the big stage.....

On a side note: The designers for the Jitsu wa watashi wa... anime fucked up. They should have kept with the mangaka's designs (if only slight altered to enable better animation) and fixed the way the characters were coloured. Well... at least the colours look ok.

Christ the characters look so boring now.....
I'll still like the manga though. Makes me laugh and that all that matters.

Mendrox

Not too sure, but I thin it's just 1-cour.

Megumi is my favorite. I hope her voice is calm and cute like I imagined it to be.

I also really like Yuki a lot too!

I think it will be 2-cour like many other J.C. manga adaptions, but DanMachi is already 2-cour... most likely Soma will get more seasons later on like Bakuman. :)

Thoraxes

I think it will be 2-cour like many other J.C. manga adaptions, but DanMachi is already 2-cour... most likely Soma will get more seasons later on like Bakuman. :)

As it stands now, there's only really material for 2 cours anyways, as far as main arcs go. Some of the side chapters would be good for post-release specials though. If they decided to do a lot of the in-between arc stuff I think the anime would get pretty boring.

We're in agreement that this cour will probably end (MANGA SPOILERS)
after the training camp and shokugeki against Shinomiya
, right?

Punchline 2
This show is actually funny. Well color me surprised, because I'm enjoying this way more than I expected to. And who knows where Uchikoshi is going to take all of this.

Thoraxes

Shokugeki no Soma. You will love her. Everyone loves her calmness. Also she doesn't have cow tits like Erina and is just sweet.

I don't think she makes a great first impression, but she develops really nicely over the course of the series (as far as it is now).

Mendrox

Lol 1 "cow tits." I'm guessing you'be checked out Etotama then? If not, lol even more..

Nya in comparison to other characters I just had to call her this. There are even meatier woman in Soma so nothing to worry. ;-) I just don't like Erina. Megumi has some real good development and when I read the manga I was always cheering for her for real. : ) I hope that they do her justice.

cajunator

Banned
It's good enough that I think it will probably get more (though sales are king so who knows for sure). There's a really obvious stopping point for this first part at any rate.

Its so enjoyable that I would follow along with it for dozens of episodes like I did with Space Bros. I think it has major potential.

Shokugeki no Soma. You will love her. Everyone loves her calmness. Also she doesn't have cow tits like Erina and is just sweet.

EXCELLENT. I dont like cowtits.

jgminto

Ninja Slayer 1

Oh boi, idk how to feel about this one.

I should have expected it. I really should have, but I didn't.
I actually enjoyed Inferno Cop, mind you. Loved the randomness and antics because everything in that world was about that. Everything supported that randomness and craziness.

Here... not so much. The few "inferno cop" esque joke that were there were indeed kinda funny (i admit i chuckled when the huge number of cops just started to jump on that random guy). That said, I couldn't help feeling like I was cheated when watching the inferno cop styled parts.

I did like the properly animated parts a good deal though. Hell, those parts would probably make the comedic moments better (I actually found the whole "formality prior to fighting" to be much better done the second time when it was actually animated.)

idk if i will follow Ninja Cop: From Inferno Animation 2, but.... idk

I haven't felt this way since Squareenix decided to announce FF7 for ps4 on the big stage.....

I'd say the juxtaposition of Inferno Cop style animation against such a serious/standard premise and cuts of regular animation has the potential to be incredibly funny while also offering a parody of the incredibly serious and broodingly violent anime of the 90's. It's a lot more interesting than IC's totally insane world, at least so far.

Puruzi

Banned
Rewatched Ninja Slayer. I fucking love it. First time watching it I was dumbfounded by the hardcore bait and switch from the PVs, but it's genuinely hilarious. I still think that the zoom in at the end of the opening was the funniest thing though.

Ledsen

Haven't watched anime in years, really felt like going back to it. So since I loved Gurren Lagann, I tried watching a few episodes of Kill La Kill. Yeah, this "my cameltoe will give me greater power" schtick gets old really fast. Very disappointed to get such a T&A focused, juvenile show after the excellent action-focused Lagann.

Any better recommendations? Thinking of trying GiTS SAC, Lupin the Third, Panty & Stocking, Space Dandy and a couple of others that seem fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom