• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Plastic Memories 4

Awwwwwww fuck.😑 They just had to end it like that and it had to be a old toothless scumbag of a bastard. Just when it was going great for Souta it had to end like that.

Anyways I enjoyed Isla trying to smile even if it was forced. I really liked Michiru in this episode. I mean she was helpful plus she is a really great cook.

M2DlPBk.jpg

That was the best part though!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yuri Kuma Arashi - 09-12 [END]

xUDhzpj.png

Blessed be the garden

I've been holding out on finishing this for awhile now because I was afraid of what I would face in the coming episodes. I was paranoid that I was going to get Yami'd and once again be thrown into a downward spiral of anger, confusion, and sadness. Witnessing
Lulu getting killed broke both my heart and soul, the pain compounding as we observed Ginko finally realizing how valuable and special of a friend she was.
Fuuuuck, my heart!

Beautiful ending to a beautiful story. Definitely recommend checking this out if you have not already. Gao Gao~

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Que? Going by memory, I'd say we have a good majority of Ayes over Nays in this thread for that show. Hestia herself is a bit more divisive.

I should have explained my comment a bit more. In general, over other forums and what not people tend to hate on a show just cause of Hestia ;_;

Yes, that's exactly what happened. No reason at all. Spun the wheel and it just happened to land on this show.

Envelope how did you find out the trade secret?!

Baka Test.

Baka and Test is what you're looking for. It's a really fun show, one of the first I watched actually!

Muchas gracias, that show was awesome. Kinda bummed (all the time apparently lol) that this show didn't get a third season.

Cornbread78

Just started watching "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?"....,wanted to see what level of idiocy it would be.
What can i say....for such stupidly named show it seems to be shaping up to be real good.
Should i keep my expectations low?

Nothing amazing, but the first 4 episodes have been pretty damn good so far.

Nisekoi S1 Episode 7
The best girl has just appeared. Seishirou is the best.

Edit:
Also, I think Cornbread would love that show that deals with kids fighting in a virtual reality and get grades based off of it. I completely for the name of it but the protagonist has beige hair (a dude) with two girls (one petite with red hair and the other is a curvy pink haired one). AHHH I really wish I could remember it. Also, Cornbread, what do you work as? Life doesn't seem to easy for you.

I think Ono is still the best, lol. I'm not sure what series that one is.

Well, to keep it short and simple, I work in a professional office by day and retail store at night, plus I coach a rec soccer team and help coach my daughter's travel teams. So yeah, life is busy, lol.

Eden of grisaia - 00,01,02
Quite an alright adaptation , it's not rushed like the first grisaia season and they adapted most of the must-see moments so far.
Much satisfied.
" who the hell has enough free time to do that"
^^^and then it turns out that sachi had the skills and the time to do it !

How about the JB stuff? Now that was some backstory right there; as ordered and was her first, now damn... I can't wait to hear the girls responses to this and especially his "girlfriends" response..

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Its Baka to Test Cornbread and holy hell, that is some plate you got on you. Gotta support the family one way or another. I only ask since you seem busy all the time and watch anime, when I'm busy, I'm off the face of the internet lol

Baalzebup

Only Girls and Panzer is on CR, but what is that about.?

Essentially a run of the mill sports show with the unlikely underdogs using teamwork to overcome. Only with cute girls and tanks. Many, many awesome WW2 era tanks. The general story structure is something that has been seen a billion times, the rest is something else. 'tis good. Another good and short synopsis is that it is the World of Tanks - The Anime.

Oh yeah, one episode has a cover of Katyusha. That bit was a killer.

I'm pretty much much the same way.

I don't have a strong preference towards anime; whether I watch something of high or low quality depends entirely on whether it lines up with my tastes.

...Then again, my tastes are pretty broad, so there isn't much that I won't watch.
I think that's the key right there. A lot of different shows always manage to catch my attention.

Cornbread78

Its Baka to Test Cornbread and holy hell, that is some plate you got on you. Gotta support the family one way or another. I only ask since you seem busy all the time and watch anime, when I'm busy, I'm off the face of the internet lol

Lol, yeah a little busy. I mentioned it a couple weeks ago, but in a normal market situation I'd be too busy dealing with clients during the day to have my Kindle running on my desk; hopefully it gets back to that moving into 3Q. At night, when retail is slow, it's slow. I can browse GAF on my phone and pick up a quick episode during break. The scale-back will start soon, lol

Essentially a run of the mill sports show with the unlikely underdogs using teamwork to overcome. Only with cute girls and tanks. Many, many awesome WW2 era tanks. The general story structure is something that has been seen a billion times, the rest is something else. 'tis good. Another good and short synopsis is that it is the World of Tanks - The Anime.

Oh yeah, one episode has a cover of Katyusha. That bit was a killer.

So no blood, lust, violance, adventure, etc, right?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yuri Kuma Arashi - 09-12 [END]

I've been holding out on finishing this for awhile now because I was afraid of what I would face in the coming episodes. I was paranoid that I was going to get Yami'd and once again be thrown into a downward spiral of anger, confusion, and sadness. Witnessing
Lulu getting killed broke both my heart and soul, the pain compounding as we observed Ginko finally realizing how valuable and special of a friend she was.
Fuuuuck, my heart!

Beautiful ending to a beautiful story. Definitely recommend checking this out if you have not already. Gao Gao~

Right, your next assignment is to start watching Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Hell yeah she is!

We finally agree on something together puruzi ;_;7

Lol, yeah a little busy. I mentioned it a couple weeks ago, but in a normal market situation I'd be too busy dealing with clients during the day to have my Kindle running on my desk; hopefully it gets back to that moving into 3Q. At night, when retail is slow, it's slow. I can browse GAF on my phone and pick up a quick episode during break. The scale-back will start soon, lol

damn lol, take up all the anime you can then.

Varvor

Nothing amazing, but the first 4 episodes have been pretty damn good so far.

Don't listen to other people, they just love hating this show for no reason. Its actually good

Yeah I watched first 4, episodes....and...well...it does not seem to be anything amazing or jaw droping....yet its very enjoyable and good in its own way.

Like i said before, the show name is its major detractor....it cant be taken seriously because of it, furthermore when you couple with fan service it does....yeah.

Ill contnue watvhing it, me thinks

ibyea

Banned
Psycho Pass 2 End
Holy cow the show went out guns blazing with its stupid. While none of the individual elements hold a candle to the episode 7 Kamui plot twist, the stupidity was so dense, collectively I can judge it to be the stupidest episode of Psycho Pass. (ha ha, see what I did there?)

So after Tsunemori goes all badass and handcuffs Togane, his motivation is revealed. So the whole time this subplot was about one of the most colossal mamma's boy conceived in fiction. I have no words (I know, I have said it a lot of times, but this show is too stupid >_<). And how the hell does his Psycho Pass darken when he was criminally asymptomatic? Show! C'mon, do you even remember what criminally asymptomatic is? No matter what, they are unable to be judged by Sybil due to something inherent in their personality. Holy crap the show quickly forgot about it because Misako's personality got offed by having her psycho pass darken. Oh and I loved how she managed to get a quick word in before blowing up. SHOW, YOU CAN'T EVEN GET THE WORKING OF AN EXPLODING GUN RIGHT. If an exploding gun explodes you, you just explode, there isn't an extended period where person is not blowing up. Seriously, can't even get an exploding gun right. Getting back on track, there is no way in hell she could have acted independently from the rest of the brain and gotten away with it in season 1. And they certainly wouldn't have done something as stupid as putting Togane with the inspectors, which jeopardizes the careful balance Sybil has set up.

Now let's talk about the stupidest par of this episode's proceedings. The most asinine reason is used to justify Sybil obtaining a crime coefficient reading. They used the analogy of the omnipotent paradox. Basically, there is no such thing as an omnipotent being because if it were to create a stone so heavy it couldn't lift it, it would seize to be omnipotent. But then if it couldn't create such a stone, it wouldn't be omnipotent. The show proceeds to apply a similar logic to Sybil. If it can't judge Kamui, then it wouldn't be perfect. So in order to achieve perfection, they must judge Kamui. Except in order to do so, it would have to judge a collective, rendering itself vulnerable to collective judging because they are breaking their own rules. Except why? The logic would have a point if it's the Sybil brains making the judgment based only on subjective standards of what the brains thought consisted of criminality. But whoever said the crime coefficients depended solely on the opinions of the brains in the vats? Ignoring the fact that Sybil cares more about the outwards perception of perfection according to season 1, they're all criminally asymptomatic! Forget whatever logic they are using, it's a fact of their biology that whatever scientific metric they are using is unable to model criminal behavior out of them. The brains are only there to calculate, interpret, and judge based on those numbers, with adding more perspectives decreasing inaccuracies to the calculations. That they cannot judge themselves is more a point to their favor than a weakness.

This episode represents the culmination of the logic above and many other seen in all previous episodes. Sybil gets a 300+ reading, and apparently, getting rid of a few brains here and there keeps it back to 0 even though they are criminally asymptomatic and I doubt a few brains here and there would have brought it back down to 0. Kamui is represented to have all these personalities contained within him in admittedly visually cool scenes showing him phasing in and out of them. As cool as it is, too bad he belongs to a totally different show. Then of course, his collective psycho pass is judged even though it makes no freaking sense that he has all these personalities when only the brain matters. Heck, a simple fix of him having multiple personality disorder would have made it a lot more compatible to the psycho pass universe. Finally, the collective thanks Tsunemori for giving them this opportunity to be more perfect. No, they would not have said that in season 1, and they are not trying to achieve 100% perfection because they recognize the futility of it. Related to it, let me talk about the contrast of the message between this season and last season. Season 1 uniformly condemned the Sybil system, and Tsunemori hopes that one day the country can be without it even if in the current situation getting rid of it would be bad. In contrast, this season says Sybil is bad because it isn't perfect enough. aarrrgghhldjfodjjsoehjfoehfoejfowejfow. In the last hurrah, the show just couldn't help itself and had to add another layer of stupidity. Ehtical stupidity.

The other part of the show was spent with security cleaning up Kamui's men. Not only was the battle of little consequence, my god is Shisui, Kamui's second in command, a lot less interesting than Choi Gu Sung from first season. And speaking of battles with little consequence, this whole show was of little consequence. The whole thing was so anticlimatic too, with it ending with Togane and Kamui blowing each other up. It didn't even have the crazy so bad it's good thing from episode 9. The villain was so uninteresting throughout the whole proceeding too. Nothing has changed except Shimotsuki has anti developed and became 1 dimensional as a character. Oh and now society can be judged collectively solely by the troll logic of Kamui, which for some reason Tsunemori is not concerned at all. There is optimism, and there is wall banging naivety, and the writers crossed that line with Tsunemori, who also goes along with the show's theme of Sybil is just not perfect enough. Great, as a final FU, they ruined my favorite character and the only consistently good part of season 2.

In summary, Psycho Pass 2 is a show that is coherently asymptomatic and can die with a shot of destroy decomposer to its face. I hope the movie forgets this season ever existed.

Varvor

Punchline 3

This show is completely nonsense and I don't know if it's in a good way. This show seems to heavily rely on puns, and if I don't understand most of them, then I'm wondering if I should even be watching this show. Guess I'll give it 1 more episode to decide.

This show reminds me of super perverse bizzaro take on already bizzare FLCL (love that show) style territory.....its random as fuck...goes out of charecter for monologue...tries to do different stuff...and at the same time throw panty and other sexual BS in the mix....

Thats judging by first episode seen.

cajunator

Banned
That caught my eye, will watch when I can. Too cute, bah! no such thing!

true theres never too much cute. At least not for me.

Just started watching "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?"....,wanted to see what level of idiocy it would be.

What can i say....for such stupidly named show it seems to be shaping up to be real good.

Should i keep my expectations low?

Its not a bad show. The mc is tolerable.
Syr is the freakin best.

Cornbread78

true theres never too much cute. At least not for me.

Its not a bad show. The mc is tolerable.
Syr is the freakin best.

Wait, tomorrow is the day you finally tackle Etotama, right?

Also, Syr is ok, but Hestia has been puttin' in some serious work for Bell. He needs to buy her some clothes with that loot, not hand 50% over to the cat girl..

cajunator

Banned

Also, Syr is ok, but Hestia has been puttin' in some serious work for Bell. He needs to buy her some clothes with that loot, not hand 50% over to the cat girl..

Yeah tomorrow Im off work finally after another 108 hour 9 day stretch. Im getting really burnt out but I have to work more 9 day stretches for at least another month. I might die.

Honestly Syr and Freya are the best girls, just can't resist those smiles.&#128526;

Though Hestia is alright even if she's a bit clingy.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yeah I watched first 4, episodes....and...well...it does not seem to be anything amazing or jaw droping....yet its very enjoyable and good in its own way.

Like i said before, the show name is its major detractor....it cant be taken seriously because of it, furthermore when you couple with fan service it does....yeah.

Ill contnue watvhing it, me thinks

Its fanservice is a lot more tame than some of the stuff I've seen in my day lol. Of course Hestia's boobs are a clear sign of that but its basically just that. Other than the rare shots we get of undergarments.

Robotguy

Code Geass 1
There certainly are some characters with long, skinny limbs in this anime, aren't there.
Wasn't expecting that conclusion to the episode. Things could get interesting
Code Geass 2
I like it, the outsmarting the enemy seems feasible, given that
they aren't aware that he knows all their movements. The scientist people just grabbing some random dude to test their mech was dumb though.
Britainians aren't very nice are they?
Code Geass 3
After all that he goes back to school?
And the rebel girl is in school with him?
How very anime.
So there are limits on his power. That's good for the plot I suppose, as otherwise he could just concur the world by being OP in political dealings
Clever way to throw suspicion off himself.

javac

This weeks releases, for 04/28/15.

04/28/15
KILL la KILL Vol. 5 [AoA]
Run Time: 150 min
Audio: Japanese: LPCM 2.0 & English
Subtitles: English, Spanish
Format: BD+DVD
Price: Price @ rightstuf.com: $59.98
xc7do2Qm.jpg

vvaoo6ml.jpg

D-Frag!: Complete Collection [Funimation]
Run Time: 300 min
Audio:
Subtitles:
Format: BD+DVD/LE
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $47.99 Standard Edition
Price @ Amazon.com: $40.20 Limited Edition
YtMVjlOm.jpg

Nobunaga the Fool: Collection 1 [Sentai]
Run Time: 325 min
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Subtitles: English
Format: BD
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $40.29
ChNPIoBm.jpg

Hayate the Combat Butler Can't Take My Eyes Off You: Complete Colection [Sentai]
Run Time: 300 min
Audio: Japanese
Format: BD
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $34.49
66ufjWqm.jpg

DVD
04/28/15
Saiyuki: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection [Aesir Holdings]
Run Time: 1250 min
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1 (448 kbps) / Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Format: DVD
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $34.99
LF437KLm.jpg

Fushigi Yugi: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection [Media Blasters]
Run Time: 1300 min
Audio: English, Japanese
Price: Price @ rightstuf.com: $52.49

World Conquest Zvezda Plot: Complete Collection [AoA]
Run Time: 325 min
Price: Price @ rightstuf.com: $59.98
bNSKBT7m.jpg

JW9XGKEl.jpg

FREE! Iwatobi Swim Club: Season 1 Collection [Discotek]
Run Time: 280 min
Price: Price @ rightstuf.com: $23.97
nMkahF5m.jpg

Samurai Pizza Cats: Complete Collection {reissue} [Discotek]
Run Time: 1200 min
Audio: English
Subtitles:
Price: Price @ rightstuf.com: $29.97
RLn4W5um.jpg

Legendary Armor Samurai Troopers DVD Complete TV Series [Discotek]
Run Time: 850 min
Price: Price @ rightstuf.com: $35.97
lXfUMS6m.jpg

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 8

This episode was super engaging and fun to watch. First, you have Suzaku being badass, because he can. You have Lelouch outsmarting everyone in the room, because he can. And you have the likable
Princess almost become a martyr
, because she can. The speech at the end of the episode was especially enjoyable to watch and makes you root for Lelouch, though I feel it's doing that now to slowly turn into something completely different then what they started out fighting for.

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere 11-13

So that's season 1 of this show. And...it was weird.

Like, I wouldn't call it bad, exactly, but it sure was confusing! Even by the end I was still having a hard time understanding just how exactly this world worked and how these characters worked in it.

Thankfully, the characters were entertaining. Tori could have very easily been made as a generic LN sort of main character. Instead he actually turned out to be pretty funny. It's not often that I see an anime having a dimwitted protagonist that almost always has a grin on his face.

I liked how the love confession scene went down. I mean, they kinda lost me halfway through that "parallel" nonsense, but I have to give the writer credit for doing it differently than most anime does these things.

Well, season 2 is next. Hopefully that one is much more easier to understand. Despite what I liked about this show, I think this is the most confusing anime I've ever watched.

Robotguy

Code Geass 4
Looks like Lelouch screwed up last ep.
Though he managed to do something about it this ep.
Can't believe they let him approach like that though, and I bet using his power against the commander there will hurt him later on. Wasn't expecting that from Kururugi at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom