• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

jWkJerY.png

or was it?!?!?!?!

I know there is additional mango on the story, but I'll choose to believe the anime ending is true and they
were done being called on as heroes
It's a shame because you always realize that the girl they met thar was worshipped is their true fate since they are just
sacrificial hereos
but hopefully, they made an exception for those girls.. It really teeters on the Madoka line..

John Blade

Well..I gotta say, I can't say I wasn't bored during the whole show even though it drag a bit in the beginning as they're trying to develop the story and the character. The ending is kinda meh as it follow the same tropes which is use in most Japanese anime at that time. The fight scene was fine for the most part and the music is so 80s that it start to stick on me for the few song. Overall, a fun show to watch but only for people who want to watch some mech anime in that time frame.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Arslan Senki 4
Eccentric strategist get. I thought Arslan going to stop slavery as a reward for Narsus service, so that is a nice surprise.
End illustration card by Kumeta Koji of Sayonara zetsubou sensei. Nice

Oregairu / SNAFU! S2 Episode 4

Fuck yes Hayama. Totally clapped during that scene like the filthy American I am.

Full impressions later. Show continues to be incredible.

Cornbread78

Toradora 19

Wow, that was a tear jerker. I felt her pain.

I just got done watching this on last week and it's a treat to watch; they do a really good job with character development
until the last 10 fucking mins., in which they destroyed the entire series, ok, maybe not, but still, lol
well, I won't say anything else, but hopefully, I see your post with impressions once you finish the final episode, it really is something else.

Also, Ami is the only one that sees everything play out and called it a long time ago friggen Nosatradomas..

Cornbread78 is currently in that phase where you're new to anime and just feel like watching anything, especially new stuff, to help get a sense of your own tastes. I imagine most of us have been there in the past, at least those of us who started really exploring anime in the streaming era. I've certainly been there myself.

However, and no offence is meant by this, but I hope that at some point in the near future Cornbread78 will actually start watching some good shows.
Heh, I remember this phase as it hasn't been that long ago. I started with KyoAni's works (Haurhi, K-On) which seem to be respected through out the anime community then quickly moved onto Flowers of Evil and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Evangelion had that unique anime vibe during it's first half which quickly turned into something entirely different by the end which solidified it as one of my favorite series. I could tell immediately that Flowers of Evil was different than anything else in the medium but couldn't appreciate how unique it is. Now after experiencing the mediocre to the downright awful (thanks Hattsu) of the medium I can find a better appreciation for what it was trying to do if I ever decide to revisit it.

Moaradin

Punchline 3

This show is completely nonsense and I don't know if it's in a good way. This show seems to heavily rely on puns, and if I don't understand most of them, then I'm wondering if I should even be watching this show. Guess I'll give it 1 more episode to decide.

Ore Monogatari 3

Kinda surprised that they
confessed 3 episodes in.
Usually that gets dragged out in these type of shows. Interested to see where it goes from here.

cajunator

Banned
You're right, that's what I mentioned when I spoke with you. Full Moon o Sagashite is so good, only emotions can describe how truly wonderful and amazing it is. You will laugh, you will smile, you will feel good inside; and you will cry, and you will feel sad and you will feel bad and you will cry some more.

One of the best emotional rollercoasters that isnt overwrought with melodrama and angst. Mitsuki feels very genuine.

Ask who the what?

The guy in my above quote ^
watch Full Moon O Sagashite.

Cornbread78 is currently in that phase where you're new to anime and just feel like watching anything, especially new stuff, to help get a sense of your own tastes. I imagine most of us have been there in the past, at least those of us who started really exploring anime in the streaming era. I've certainly been there myself.

However, and no offence is meant by this, but I hope that at some point in the near future Cornbread78 will actually start watching some good shows.
I've never left phase over the past say 10 years I've been actively watching anime as I still absorb many different shows. Course I'm also a person who has never been interested in getting some deeper meaning out of the shows I'm watching or video games I'm playing. I do certainly have ones I prefer over others, however.

I watch a whole lot more shows than my posting suggests I do.

Cornbread78

Flowers of Evil I could tell immediately that Flowers of Evil was different than anything else in the medium but couldn't appreciate how unique it is. Now after experiencing the mediocre to the downright awful (thanks Hattsu) of the medium I can find a better appreciation for what it was trying to do if I ever decide to revisit it.

I have that sitting in my Crunchyroll queue for the next time I want to watch something sad and depressing.

One of the best emotional rollercoasters that isnt overwrought with melodrama and angst. Mitsuki feels very genuine.

The guy in my above quote ^
watch Full Moon O Sagashite.

Damn, I read the quick plot review in My Anime list and damn that looks depressing as hell. It's not on Crunchyroll either...

I've never left phase over the past say 10 years I've been actively watching anime as I still absorb many different shows. Course I'm also a person who has never been interested in getting some deeper meaning out of the shows I'm watching or video games I'm playing. I do certainly have ones I prefer over others, however.

I think it depends on the genre of the show; action flicks and comedies don't usually have anything you need to delve deeper into, however, when you take a look at love stories, dramas and more intellectual shows that really make you think, with a good author/director, there is a lot of symbolism and deeper psychological meaning behind what is being shown. Subtle mental/emotional challanges built into shows work wonders for me.

Cornbread78

Shhh! You're making my plans to make Cornbread watch more magical girl anime too obvious. :p

Shame what I want to recommend isn't on Crunchyroll :(

Wait, watching Madoka and Yuki Yuna back to back wasn't good enough? Wait, side question here, do they make "loli" magic girl anime too? I'm not interested in watching at all, but just curious if they do this.

Wait, watching Madoka and Yuki Yuna back to back wasn't good enough? Wait, side question here, do they make "loli" magic girl anime too? I'm not interested in watching at all, but just curious if they do this.

You need to reach Max Level on MALGraph for magical girl anime (I'm only Level 2 mind you). The sky is the limit!

Midonin

Sailor Moon (S) 100-101

The Minako episode was heartwarming, in a bittersweet way. Also had some references to Sailor V - I'd never even heard of Minako's skills in volleyball until this week. Not the first time she's had a failed romance, and I doubt it'll be the last. The Usagi's birthday episode started off funny enough with its misunderstandings, but by the end... that's the first time in S since the premiere that things have gotten really, really bad. You'd think a monster made of glass would be easier to shatter. Also, I'm pretty sure the girls are trapped in a perpetual study session at this point.

cajunator

Banned

Me neither. Still buying shows from many different genres and differing qualities.

Aside from prisma illya theres also Fushigiboshi no futago hime.
it may be too cute for you.

Plastic Memories 4

Awwwwwww fuck.😑 They just had to end it like that and it had to be a old toothless scumbag of a bastard. Just when it was going great for Souta it had to end like that.

Anyways I enjoyed Isla trying to smile even if it was forced. I really liked Michiru in this episode. I mean she was helpful plus she is a really great cook.

Baalzebup

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya
Funny enough, that is on Crunchyroll, lol

Loli pandering aside, which can be a hit or miss depending on the viewer, that show is legit good shit. Though seeing the mainline Fate series before that would be recommended. Kaleid soothes the soul after Dr. Gil has operated and left despair in his wake.

Midonin

While a second season hasn't been announced, Yuyushiki did get a second batch of character songs released recently. So I'll take that as a sign that there's still some interest. And where there's interest, there's hope.

On a related note, GochiUsa is getting a new set of character songs before its second season as well. There's so many shows I've collected for, and still haven't collected for.

PK Gaming

I'm pretty much much the same way.

I don't have a strong preference towards anime; whether I watch something of high or low quality depends entirely on whether it lines up with my tastes.

...Then again, my tastes are pretty broad, so there isn't much that I won't watch.

Cornbread78

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches ep. 3
Ok, I admit it, this was a decent episode, but it feels like a teaser that there is a budding romance there, when there really isn't, is there...? Maybe they up the comedy next week in the show, but this one hasn't won me over yet, but it's not bad to keep tabs on aND see where it goes.

Plastic Memories 4
Awwwwwww fuck.😑 They just had to end it like that and it had to be a old toothless scumbag of a bastard. Just when it was going great for Souta it had to end like that.
Anyways I enjoyed Isla trying to smile even if it was forced. I really liked Michiru in this episode. I mean she was helpful plus she is a really great cook.

It's going to get interesting to see where the show takes his relationship with Michi as the show progresses, as he finds out more about the coming fate of Isla, he is going to need her by his side to help out. You can already see she is taking to him by helping out with this mission. Also, screw that cliffhanger, hopefully they talked to the kid about it ahead of time so he knows. .

Varvor

Just started watching "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?"....,wanted to see what level of idiocy it would be.

What can i say....for such stupidly named show it seems to be shaping up to be real good.

Should i keep my expectations low?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Nisekoi S1 Episode 7

The best girl has just appeared. Seishirou is the best.

Just started watching "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?"....,wanted to see what level of idiocy it would be.

What can i say....for such stupidly named show it seems to be shaping up to be real good.

Should i keep my expectations low?

Don't listen to other people, they just love hating this show for no reason. Its actually good.

Edit:

Also, I think Cornbread would love that show that deals with kids fighting in a virtual reality and get grades based off of it. I completely for the name of it but the protagonist has beige hair (a dude) with two girls (one petite with red hair and the other is a curvy pink haired one). AHHH I really wish I could remember it. Also, Cornbread, what do you work as? Life doesn't seem to easy for you.

Eden of grisaia - 00,01,02

Quite an alright adaptation , it's not rushed like the first grisaia season and they adapted most of the must-see moments so far.

Much satisfied.

" who the hell has enough free time to do that"

^^^and then it turns out that sachi had the skills and the time to do it !

Midonin

Also, I think Cornbread would love that show that deals with kids fighting in a virtual reality and get grades based off of it. I completely for the name of it but the protagonist has beige hair (a dude) with two girls (one petite with red hair and the other is a curvy pink haired one). AHHH I really wish I could remember it. Also, Cornbread, what do you work as? Life doesn't seem to easy for you.
Baka Test.

Baka and Test is what you're looking for. It's a really fun show, one of the first I watched actually!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom