• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
So, ya'll had me add Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya to my Crunchy queue, but also mentioned I had to watch something else first to understand it. What else do I have to watch and what is this series all about; drama, comedy, action, lust, romance?

Self-aware magical girl series spinoff that gradually becomes a series that plays it straight while providing an additional layer of commentary on its parent series. To best understand it, watching Fate/Stay night - the ongoing series Unlimited Blade Works should be enough, though everyone else would suggest watching its prequel Fate/Zero before that - should give you enough of a primer.

But I jumped into it without having seen either and enjoyed it just fine.

watch fate/zero

its actually the only good part of the nasu-verse

Puruzi

Banned
You have to watch the other 3 fate series to get an understanding of what the heck is going on and Illya's background as a character. Other than that, if you aren't into ecchi then I guess don't watch it lol
I've watched Illya without watching any of the main Fate series. Going to watch the third season too. Doesn't seem necessary at all to watch the main series.

Director: Takayuki Hirao
Character Designs: Keita Shimizu (Tales of Phantasia, ToHeart2 key animation)
Sound Director: Takayuki Hirao
Art Director: Masaru Yanaka (Captain Earth)
Color Key: Emi Chiba (Fate/Zero)
Director of Photography: Kentarō Waki (Valvrave the Liberator), Seiji Matsuda (The Garden of Sinners)
CG Director: Masato Takizawa (Fate/Zero, Doraemon: Shin Nobita no Uchū Kaitakushi)
Editing: Tsuyoshi Imai (Kino's Journey, Ghost in the Shell)
Music: Go Shiina (Kyousogiga, God Eater games)

OLDCODEX (Free!, Kuroko's Basketball) will perform the opening theme song

VA (Returning cast from the game)

Lindow Amamiya - Hiroaki Hirata
Alisa Illinichina Amiella - Maaya Sakamoto
Soma Schicksal - Kazuya Nakai
Kota Fujiki - Daisuke Sakaguchi
Sakuya - Sayaka Ohara

The series will premiere in Japan on July 5

[ig]http://i.imgur.com/4BWnMHi.png?1[/img]

I don't think that girl could be more anime if she tried.

Wait. Cat ears.

cajunator

Banned
So, ya'll had me add Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya to my Crunchy queue, but also mentioned I had to watch something else first to understand it. What else do I have to watch and what is this series all about; drama, comedy, action, lust, romance?

its really cute. You need to watch the two Fate series first. Dont post any gifs from it.

I don't think that girl could be more anime if she tried.

Wait. Cat ears.

You got my attention.

Cornbread78

You have to watch the other 3 fate series to get an understanding of what the heck is going on and Illya's background as a character. Other than that, if you aren't into ecchi then I guess don't watch it lol

Well, the Ecchi stuff I'm fine with, but aren't there a ton of other Fate series I'd have to watch first? What's the order.

Robotguy

Samurai Flamenco 2
WIzYnxH.png
n8QF4du.png

OBJrjHD.png
RFbfgYi.png
OnigishiMAAAsu.

In this episode we meet Samurai Flamenco's lovely manager and learn about Samurai Flamenco's tragic origin as well as the importance of umbrellas. Samurai Flamenco begins to gain fame on the internet.

Puruzi

Banned
Nisekoi S1 Episode 18

Just like Gilgamesh, if I only had some plum wine to enjoy the moment between Raku and Chitoge at the beach when Chitoge popped the question. Misunderstandings and conflicts are what I love in a romantic setting, especially when they aren't dating.

Edit:

God damn, this has had to been the best episode in the entire season. All the others were slapstick nonsense but this one actually delved into the potentiality of relationships between characters. Onodera will forever be in the friendzone.
You saying this is genuinely hilarious because
Bit of a Manga spoiler
Raku literally friendzones Chitoge. Calls her his best friend when she thinks he's gonna confess.

It's gold.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
FUCK YOU PURUZI! WHY WOULD YOU TRY HINTING TO A SPOILER?!?!?! ;_;

Edit:

LOL GOD DAMN THAT'S GOLD PURUZI! I take back my comment, I condemn people who spoil really good stuff so my bad.

I've watched Illya without watching any of the main Fate series. Going to watch the third season too. Doesn't seem necessary at all to watch the main series.

Alrighty then...

Well, the Ecchi stuff I'm fine with, but aren't there a ton of other Fate series I'd have to watch first? What's the order.

Fate Zero then Night. I'd recommend watching it in reverse cause Zero as a prequel will be a lot more bearable lol. I don't know what service provides Zero so GG on finding that.

Thoraxes

You can just watch it alone. There's some reference fanservice that will go over you head, but honestly it's definitely watchable without it.

Cornbread78

Bit of a Manga spoiler
Raku literally friendzones Chitoge. Calls her his best friend when she thinks he's gonna confess.

It's gold.

Fuck, I totally didn't want to click on that spoiler, but hit it when scrolling, stupid cell phone

Bit of a Manga spoiler

It's gold.

I don't even read the manga and know she's going to win when the shit eventually ends because writing 101

and really there isn't winning here because leads like these are pathetic.

You would need Fate/Zero then Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Blade Works and you would be fine. There are multiple "paths" to Stay/Night since it is based off the VN, but of all the adaptations, UBW I would say is the more up to date to watch. I'm not gonna talk about the story much since people around here seem to hate it, but UBW is fine. Fate/Zero is outstanding.

Cornbread78

You would need Fate/Zero then Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Blade Works and you would be fine. There are multiple "paths" to Stay/Night since it is based off the VN, but of all the adaptations, UBW I would say is the more up to date to watch. I'm not gonna talk about the story much since people around here seem to hate it, but UBW is fine. Fate/Zero is outstanding.

Both Fate Zero and Stay/Night are on Crunchyroll, so should I watch them in order
Zero then SN, or in reverse as was mentioned?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I don't even read the manga and know she's going to win when the shit eventually ends because writing 101

and really there isn't winning here because leads like these are pathetic.

Woof Woof Bow Wow, you ain't know that yo, so sit down and just watch the show yo

Nobody is going to win in Nisekoi.
It's going to have a non ending.

I don't know, Raku is giving the middle finger to everyone except Chitoge lol

Both Fate Zero and Stay/Night are on Crunchyroll, so should I watch them in order
Zero then SN, or in reverse as was mentioned?
Hmmm. I watched the original Stay/Night (the old one, not the recent UBW route), then Fate/Zero. With UBW though, there are a bunch of scenes that will make more sense and will have a lot more impact if you watch Zero first, since it is the Prequel to it.
I would say Zero first, Unlimited Blade Works after.

Ronia the Robber's Daughter (Ronja Rövardotter) Series Impressions

Ronia the Robber's Daughter is a Studio Ghibli production based on the children's fantasy book by Swedish author Astrid Lindgren. Ronia is the story of a young girl who grows up with a band of robbers in a medieval Scandinavian setting. First and foremost it is a story about growing up with not the best of influences.

Let's get this out of the way from the outset as this is probably the aspect of Ronia that will turn most people off. This series utilizes computer generated models for the characters and the foreground objects that the characters interact with. For the most part it works even if it's clear which objects are computer animated. The environment is traditionally animated with beautiful backdrops of castles, forests, mountains, rivers and lakes. The characters blend into these environments effortlessly and rarely look out of place. It's a technical marvel and extremely gorgeous. Those completely against CG will probably still hate this regardless but it's probably the best example of great CG within a traditional environment.

The plot revolves around Ronia as she learns and grows by exploring the vast forests and mountains surrounding the thief's fortress where her family and clan reside. The first few episodes start out extremely slow and felt more like showcases for beautiful animation with no plot progression and little character development. The plot picks up around episode 7 when Ronia starts to meet and play with the son of the rival thief clan Birk. Of course the central conflict centres around the two children's relationship and that of their clans but it is resolved in a way I did not expect.

Both Ronia and Birk are both strong characters that set out to create a life of their own. The independence from their parents at such a young age is a little unbelievable but expected from a children's tale. While Ronia is a bit hot headed and overly confident, Birk is calm, collected and practical. The two of them together form a great dynamic that was fun to watch.

The conflict between the robber clans ranges from comical to barbaric. This series can get extremely violent at times and the methods Mattis, Ronia's father, employs to combat his rival was disgusting. This conflict culminates as a fight between the clans that is probably more interesting to watch than Pac and Mayweather's recent fight. Typically children's stories end overly happy or optimistic yet Ronia ends on a sombre and melancholic note which I applaud. There is sorrow and despair but time heals all wounds or so they say.

I know I've already touched on the animation but I want to emphasize just how impressive the background art is. It's a visual treat that impresses through the seasons year round. The soundtrack was expertly used to create and relieve tension. The screeches and musical build up of the harpy's approach to take away Ronia is probably one of the best scenes in the series.

This is my favourite anime I've seen this year. It's an story of growing up with a band of criminals and everything that entails. The characters are all well written and the conflict between them is executed well. The tone of each scene can range from comical to serious and each is well done. It's beautifully animated with great direction and sound design. Unless something else comes out this year that seriously impresses me this will probably be my Anime of 2015.

There's a new prisma illya preview for 2wei herz, and they're sharing mana.

Nope.
That scene was quite funny in the manga.

Bit of a Manga spoiler

It's gold.

Everyone knows that
everyone is in the friendzone, raku only loves cooking
Now that would be the best way to end nisekoi !

Robotguy

Samurai Flamenco 3

People are beginning to suspect that Hazama is Samurai Flamenco's true identity, however, an imposter comes forth and claims to be the real Samurai Flamenco. Hazama resolves the situation, without revealing his true identify. Also, it appears that onigai shiMAAAsu girl is a fan.

Robotguy

Samurai Flamenco 4
Yeesssss.

Ahem. Samurai Flamenco has been training and has finally managed to deal with a real crime without getting his ass kicked. This of course leads him to be overly confident and get his ass severely kicked. Fortunately, Flamenco Girl, who is way more legit, but also unnecessarily brutal comes to his rescue. She then takes all of his glory for the rest of the episode. Also, girls kissing.

cajunator

Banned
Samurai Flamenco 4

Yeesssss.

Ahem. Samurai Flamenco has been training and has finally managed to deal with a real crime without getting his ass kicked. This of course leads him to be overly confident and get his ass severely kicked. Fortunately, Flamenco Girl, who is way more legit, but also unnecessarily brutal comes to his rescue. She then takes all of his glory for the rest of the episode. Also, girls kissing.

This was a great episode.

My twitter feed informs me there's actually not enough Chain in Kekkai Sensen so the show is a failure.

There's enough to satisfy your needs unless you want to see her 24/7, plus we have KK if you want more females. Also there's Waito who's voiced by Rie and is not your everyday shitty tsundere that she voices most of the time.

Them green eyes though.😏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom