• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ore Monogatari 4:
Well, that made the whole beam thing look like nothing. It's kind of weird seeing the show just mix in these really out there moments, but I guess it works okay. I expected that sort of reaction from Yamato's friends, but at least by the end of things Takeo's good qualities had come across.

More than anything, every scene with Takeo and Yamato is so sweet. At least so far I'm not tired of it at all. The two of them are just such a perfect match for each other.

Clov

Just finished watching the Giant Robo OVA today. It was fantastic! The animation was amazing, and the soundtrack was really good too. It's definitely up there with my favorite mecha anime.

Looking around, I saw that there was some sort of 3 episode spin-off about Ginrei. Is it worth watching at all?

Yama no Susume s2 24 -END-

And that's a wrap!

Yama no Susume is the show I first subbed to crunchy for (seriously it was ridiculous getting 3 minute long ads for a 4 minute long show) and it really is one of my favourite healing anime around. It's about a fairly simple concept but it's so genuine and likable and beautifully drawn and animated that it just feels good to watch. The pacing is just right, especially once they get to s2; every seven minute episode 'felt', to me, like a fully-fledged 22-minute ep. Every once in a while it falls into infodump territory where someone just really wanted to talk about mountains or hiking gear or whatever for about half a minute straight but it's so inoffensively enthusiastic about it you can't help but listen.

I don't know if there'll be an s3 (gotta get back to Fuji!) but I might end up rewatching s1 without subtitles, since the Japanese seems just a little above my level.

Did you watch the OVAs of the second season? Yama no musume is a good laugh. lol

Jintor

Best episode is...?
Did you even post about ep 13?

I dunno, I wasn't committing to posting every time I watched or anything.

I don't know about best episode... I was rather taken by the Firefly episode, but it's probably got to be one of the early mountain climbing episodes. I'll have to rewatch.

cajunator

Banned
Just finished watching the Giant Robo OVA today. It was fantastic! The animation was amazing, and the soundtrack was really good too. It's definitely up there with my favorite mecha anime.

Looking around, I saw that there was some sort of 3 episode spin-off about Ginrei. Is it worth watching at all?

Hell yeah it is. Its about Ginrei!!

Midonin

Sailor Moon (S) 102-103

That climax had a lot more absurd humor - like Venus' disguise or the MotW checking her warranty - than I expected.
The first villain death of the season.
I've known for forever that Chibs eventually gets magical girl powers, but it's kind of a shame they can't do more than stun. I think the tone of the show is going to change a bit to provide a counterbalance to Haruka and Michiru's somber presence. Nice seeing them break away from study hell for an episode or two.

Robotguy

Samurai Flamenco 1
In this episode we meet our hero/ model Samurai Flamenco, who has no superpowers, or discernible skill of any kind. Samurai Flamenco meets Goto, a police officer, after getting his ass kicked by a drunk. Goto is critical of Samurai Flamenco's vigilantism, but appears to grow more accepting of it throughout the episode.

Puruzi

Banned
Samurai Flamenco 1
In this episode we meet our hero/ model Samurai Flamenco, who has no superpowers, or discernible skill of any kind. Samurai Flamenco meets Goto, a police officer, after getting his ass kicked by a drunk. Goto is critical of Samurai Flamenco's vigilantism, but appears to grow more accepting of it throughout the episode.
it's happening again

Samurai Flamenco 1

Ah, excellent. Another gets to experience the Flamenco.

NeonZ

Lupin series 1 - green jacket
Lupin_s01_ep10_01_zpsbjua6vk4.jpg
So, I've watched the entire first series now. I thought the show definitely improved when it started focused on big heist operations. Interestingly, this premise works very well for tension because Lupin can lose sometimes, but he also was allowed to win in spite of often doing morally questionable stuff, like kidnapping and threatening not for some greater good, but just to steal things. Of course, he was often opposed by worse villains, which makes cheering for him easy. And then there were stories where he was outright heroic, going out of his way to save people even if it wouldn't benefit him at all.

There's one episode in particular that really surprised me with how far they took him though. Episode 10, Hunt Down the Counterfeiter! Lupin actually threatens
the money counterfeiter at gunpoint to go back to the world of crime and work for him, since he considered his perfect forgeries works of art.

Lupin series 2 - red jacket
And I started this right afterwards. The improvement in animation is noticeable, especially with how vehicles are drawn. The original series also often took place in generic locations, some of them implied to be around the world at least considering the name of the characters and locations involved. They eventually just settled on Japan in later episodes though. However, here, each episode shows actual locations around the world fairly well, making each one stand out visually. At least,in these first 6 episodes.

However, I don't like some changes to the formula here. Lupin seems much more incompetent, and hasn't completed a single heist so far, up to episode 6. It also seems like differently from the original series every main cast member will be in every episode, which seems unnecessary.

I also watched a modern OVA based on green jacket Lupin, although there was an oddity there, with it taking place five years after they had met for the last time, just like in the beginning of the 2nd season.

JCG

Samurai Flamenco 1

Good luck!

Narag

Space Adventure Cobra TV 7

j4FiXQLl.jpg

Admittedly I'm fond of this trope in general but man, Cobra generally gets away with goofing around no matter what because he's not exactly a normal guy. You can probably count on one hand the amount of times he's had any sort of serious expression on his face so far in the show. Seeing him get truly serious and going after Crystal Boy to settle up was just the best.

Looks like everything is coming to a head shortly. Genuinely excited about this show like I haven't been with one in such a long while!

Gintama 115

This episode was great. Best part by far was when Otae was trying to start a fire so she takes Madao's sunglasses, smashes them with a rock and then pulls out matches to light them on fire. Brilliant.

Also I really like this ED

Director: Takayuki Hirao
Character Designs: Keita Shimizu (Tales of Phantasia, ToHeart2 key animation)
Sound Director: Takayuki Hirao
Art Director: Masaru Yanaka (Captain Earth)
Color Key: Emi Chiba (Fate/Zero)
Director of Photography: Kentarō Waki (Valvrave the Liberator), Seiji Matsuda (The Garden of Sinners)
CG Director: Masato Takizawa (Fate/Zero, Doraemon: Shin Nobita no Uchū Kaitakushi)
Editing: Tsuyoshi Imai (Kino's Journey, Ghost in the Shell)
Music: Go Shiina (Kyousogiga, God Eater games)

OLDCODEX (Free!, Kuroko's Basketball) will perform the opening theme song

VA (Returning cast from the game)

Lindow Amamiya - Hiroaki Hirata
Alisa Illinichina Amiella - Maaya Sakamoto
Soma Schicksal - Kazuya Nakai
Kota Fujiki - Daisuke Sakaguchi
Sakuya - Sayaka Ohara

The series will premiere in Japan on July 5

4BWnMHi.png

There's got to be some upper limit on sword size in Hunting games,
Eventually everyone will be running around with swords the size of skyscrapers like Raiden in MGR when you fight Excelsus

There's got to be some upper limit on sword size in Hunting games,
Eventually everyone will be running around with swords the size of skyscrapers like Raiden in MGR when you fight Excelsus
How else would they defeat the giant beasts right aha? Also, I don't want to spoil it for those who are unfamiliar with the games since I guess it will be in the story, but the fact that they can carry such swords so easily, how they can do it, is dealt with right at the start (at least in the games it is).

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Nisekoi S1 Episode 18

Just like Gilgamesh, if I only had some plum wine to enjoy the moment between Raku and Chitoge at the beach when Chitoge popped the question. Misunderstandings and conflicts are what I love in a romantic setting, especially when they aren't dating.

Edit:

God damn, this has had to been the best episode in the entire season. All the others were slapstick nonsense but this one actually delved into the potentiality of relationships between characters. Onodera will forever be in the friendzone.

Cornbread78

So, ya'll had me add Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya to my Crunchy queue, but also mentioned I had to watch something else first to understand it. What else do I have to watch and what is this series all about; drama, comedy, action, lust, romance?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
So, ya'll had me add Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya to my Crunchy queue, but also mentioned I had to watch something else first to understand it. What else do I have to watch and what is this series all about; drama, comedy, action, lust, romance?

You have to watch the other 3 fate series to get an understanding of what the heck is going on and Illya's background as a character. Other than that, if you aren't into ecchi then I guess don't watch it lol

Midonin

Self-aware magical girl series spinoff that gradually becomes a series that plays it straight while providing an additional layer of commentary on its parent series. To best understand it, watching Fate/Stay night - the ongoing series Unlimited Blade Works should be enough, though everyone else would suggest watching its prequel Fate/Zero before that - should give you enough of a primer.

But I jumped into it without having seen either and enjoyed it just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom