• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

There's enough to satisfy your needs unless you want to see her 24/7, plus we have KK if you want more females. Also there's Waito who's voiced by Rie and is not the everyday shitty tsundere that she voices most of the time.

Them green eyes though.😏

Chain is all that matters.

Cornbread78

The World Only God Knows S2. ep.8
Ok, that whole report scene with the other demon chick was hilarious. I laughed out loud in a dead silent house since I wasn't expecting it... sooooo funny. I'm almost done S2 now..

Putting my money on
Flamenco Girl straight up murdering someone.

tumblr_inline_n61eeunpRH1rzqrph.gif

duckroll

This week's Animator Expo short looks like a major one!

http://animatorexpo.com/news/77

Iconic Field

Director: Ikuto Yamashita (Evangelion mecha design)
Director of Animation: Kazuhiro Furuhashi (Gundam Unicorn director)
Mechanic Animation Director: Sejoon Kim (Gundam Build Fighters main animator)
Character Animation Director: Iwao Teraoka (Gundam Build Fighters storyboards)

Mature

I'm glad Ronia ended up being good. That's one for the backlog.

This week's Animator Expo short looks like a major one!

http://animatorexpo.com/news/77

Iconic Field

Director: Ikuto Yamashita (Evangelion mecha design)
Director of Animation: Kazuhiro Furuhashi (Gundam Unicorn director)
Mechanic Animation Director: Sejoon Kim (Gundam Build Fighters main animator)
Character Animation Director: Iwao Teraoka (Gundam Build Fighters storyboards)
I'll be there.

rrvv

It looks good, but for some reason the artstyle looks weird. The art looks like it's meshed with water colors and a bit plastic looking. It seems it's gonna be like Fate Stay Night all over again where the character designs won't mesh well with the background art. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

I hope it turns out well.

well it does try to emulate the game art

Robotguy

Samurai Flamenco 5
Flamenco Girl continues to be nuts. Red Axe dude continues to be full of himself. Samurai Flamenco decides to stop working with Flamenco Girl as their ideas of justice are incompatible.

Dresden

three fallen witnesses (animator expo) -

I liked it. Pretty weird. I suppose the ending does confirm, at least to the viewer, that the husband was the murderer, entrapped by this triggered memory of a time when he did indeed love her.

Movement reminds me of puppetry, in how motion is stressed, the relatively stiff facial expressions, etc. There's a rather comic tone underlying the grim premise in how the characters are animated, a sort of silliness inherent in their exaggeration.

---

obake-chan -

zzz

Jex

What does Nozaki-kun really do? It doesn't go far enough to dissect the genre it attempts to parody, it doesn't feel particularly introspective or self-contained, and as a result it kind of just fails to stand on its own. It's a one note comedy that lacks bite with underwhelming production. It attempts to manipulate elements of a specific genre, but it wades into the same pool without having the self-awareness it needs in order to float. I don't actively dislike the show, but the amount of attention lavished on something so unambitious and heartless is just painful after a certain point. Stacked against other comedy anime from the last five years the idea that Nozaki-kun is of merit or note is really difficult to swallow.
I mean, I broadly agree with your premise in that I feel the series is basically an above-average comedy which in the broader scheme of things will eventually fall into obscurity. However there's no denying how much people enjoy watching the characters interact or the conceit of the series.

It is, and will remain, fairly popular for a couple more years at least.

Dresden

sex and violence with machspeed -

brilliant, imaishi-sama is subarashii yet again. There was lots of sex and violence and there was a character named machspeed.

Jex

Just finished watching the Giant Robo OVA today. It was fantastic! The animation was amazing, and the soundtrack was really good too. It's definitely up there with my favorite mecha anime.

Looking around, I saw that there was some sort of 3 episode spin-off about Ginrei. Is it worth watching at all?

Nah.

Theonik

Well, I think I'm going to be skipping this one. After I'm done with Polar Bear's Cafe, I'll get caught up on Gintama. Then maybe I'll watch the last two Sailor Moon seasons. Need to finish those at some point.
I am proud of you!

ibyea

Banned
Ronia the Robber's Daughter (Ronja Rövardotter) Series Impressions

Ronia the Robber's Daughter is a Studio Ghibli production based on the children's fantasy book by Swedish author Astrid Lindgren. Ronia is the story of a young girl who grows up with a band of robbers in a medieval Scandinavian setting. First and foremost it is a story about growing up with not the best of influences.

Let's get this out of the way from the outset as this is probably the aspect of Ronia that will turn most people off. This series utilizes computer generated models for the characters and the foreground objects that the characters interact with. For the most part it works even if it's clear which objects are computer animated. The environment is traditionally animated with beautiful backdrops of castles, forests, mountains, rivers and lakes. The characters blend into these environments effortlessly and rarely look out of place. It's a technical marvel and extremely gorgeous. Those completely against CG will probably still hate this regardless but it's probably the best example of great CG within a traditional environment.

The plot revolves around Ronia as she learns and grows by exploring the vast forests and mountains surrounding the thief's fortress where her family and clan reside. The first few episodes start out extremely slow and felt more like showcases for beautiful animation with no plot progression and little character development. The plot picks up around episode 7 when Ronia starts to meet and play with the son of the rival thief clan Birk. Of course the central conflict centres around the two children's relationship and that of their clans but it is resolved in a way I did not expect.

Both Ronia and Birk are both strong characters that set out to create a life of their own. The independence from their parents at such a young age is a little unbelievable but expected from a children's tale. While Ronia is a bit hot headed and overly confident, Birk is calm, collected and practical. The two of them together form a great dynamic that was fun to watch.

The conflict between the robber clans ranges from comical to barbaric. This series can get extremely violent at times and the methods Mattis, Ronia's father, employs to combat his rival was disgusting. This conflict culminates as a fight between the clans that is probably more interesting to watch than Pac and Mayweather's recent fight. Typically children's stories end overly happy or optimistic yet Ronia ends on a sombre and melancholic note which I applaud. There is sorrow and despair but time heals all wounds or so they say.

I know I've already touched on the animation but I want to emphasize just how impressive the background art is. It's a visual treat that impresses through the seasons year round. The soundtrack was expertly used to create and relieve tension. The screeches and musical build up of the harpy's approach to take away Ronia is probably one of the best scenes in the series.

This is my favourite anime I've seen this year. It's an story of growing up with a band of criminals and everything that entails. The characters are all well written and the conflict between them is executed well. The tone of each scene can range from comical to serious and each is well done. It's beautifully animated with great direction and sound design. Unless something else comes out this year that seriously impresses me this will probably be my Anime of 2015.

I wasn't even aware this existed. ^_^ It's on my must watch list now.

Robotguy

Samurai Flamenco 6
Well, that was a surprise. Samurai Flamenco's popularity causes new problems, and he acquires new weapons. Flamenco girl gets new recruits and basically admits that she's not doing it for justice at all.
Also, Goto is voiced by the same actor as Gintoki. Thought so.

Mature

Pretty sure there was really weird gratuitous sex stuff too. The movie was trying to be weird in a B-Horror-Movie type way, but just ended up being dreadful.

Check it out!

KazenY2J

Plastic Memories 05:
YOOOOO

I wonder if Isla was shot by Tsukasa from that Giftia gun, seeing the ending scene.

Conan-san

I don't even read the manga and know she's going to win when the shit eventually ends because writing 101

and really there isn't winning here because leads like these are pathetic.

HaHaHaHaHa, a bad Shonen Jump series ending, what Bizarro dimention are you from?!

Only good things with fresh ideas die in the Shueashia offices.

Rainy

Banned
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Episode: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part Six
Just used the title because there are way too many different orders for this series. Anyway...Haruhi x Kyon is so good. Also she does look really good in a ponytail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom