• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

for me the only ending that exists for nisekoi is tsugumi's route in the vita game where you can basically NTR chitoge (from what i hear anyways)

phaze

I remember. Still waiting on S2

It's coming right after Soredemo's and Love Lab's second seasons !

Oh.
Man wished it sold better so we could of gotten the Island Arc animated in a 2nd season.

So it sold poorly ? :( Goddamn manga advertisements.

I regret clicking on the Glass Reflection video. Youtube celebrities are a scourge.

He liked Hyouka, animegaf tier taste confirmed.

The Ufotable version was unquestionably better but damn was there a lot of "yap yap yap" going on LOL. Less talking more cutting each other with your weapons. Or at least front/back load that stuff.

Animating stuff is expensive ya know !

I still feel it's much better here than in F/Z.

Reknoc

for me the only ending that exists for nisekoi is tsugumi's route in the vita game where you can basically NTR chitoge (from what i hear anyways)

If anyone should get an NTR ending it's Raku, as each girl gets fed up of chasing him and moves on.

LayLa

trailer for the upcoming Studio Colorido film 'Typoon Noruda' is out, looks gorgeous
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqI7ffAwGVE

Director : Yorjiro Arai (ex-Ghibli animator, directed the short 'Control Bear')
Animation Director and Character Design : Hiroyasu Ishida ('Fumiko's Confession', 'Paulette's Chair')

really excited to see these two guys first feature film, their shorts so far have been excellent.

trailer for the upcoming Studio Colorido film 'Typoon Noruda' is out, looks gorgeous
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqI7ffAwGVE

Director : Yorjiro Arai (ex-Ghibli animator, directed the short 'Control Bear')
Animation Director and Character Design : Hiroyasu Ishida ('Fumiko's Confession', 'Paulette's Chair')

really excited to see these two guys first feature film, their shorts so far have been excellent.

I will keep an eye on this, looks good.

Thoraxes

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Since I only watched the anime I consider 'pulling a Ben-To' as adding an unnecessary plot to something that really didn't need it and thus ruining it.

Razmos

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun episode 5:
"That was my idea, wasn't it?
1ff063e8dca2e818e937b0f2e6b25792.png

Nozaki fawning over Ken was really funny, as was the Tanuki showing up everywhere.
Maeno is so self-obsessed haha.

My suspicion that Nozaki is actually gay increased a lot in this episode, of course that's probably not the case and it's just for comedy. They sure don't avoid the subject at all as he just about has a gay moment every 5 minutes or so.

I love how he just has this.. disconnect from reality and sees everything in "Shoujo Manga Vision"
0c2b1ac727c118230aed1e12cea6c82f.png

Mailbox

Welp, i just watched the recent episode of Nisekoi, thus ending the last arc i actually fully enjoyed. If memory of the manga serves right, its downhill from here until one other decent story related arc, and then a steep drop into arcs full of teasing the audience only for nothing to happen at all (I really hate the manga now for this very reason).

as for plastic memories, I liked the most recent episode and like how they write specific tropes to feel more "proper" rather than annoying. that said
how the hell did shota get it that blocked off district.
Its literally the only thing that episode that has been bothering me a lot. Everything else i can figure out a logical explanation for, but not this.

as for ore monogatari, I like it lots, but i'm noticing a trend of really weird disasters happening around the main group and takao saving them and thus getting points to further the relationship... it feels very off when that happens since its extremely different from how the show normally is. Hopefully they don't do that kinda stuff every episode... idk

as for highschool DxD, I can't really say much other than i feel like this season isn't handling scenarios and cliches as well as the previous two have. also funimation has the censored version which just doesn't feel right watching for some reason..............

i'm also watching Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken 2nd Season and ninja slayer this season but i won't comment on them until later, since they are both sort series.

OH and i've been watching Natsume's book of friends (i started 2 days ago and am on the third season) and I like it a lot. I don't wanna say anything about it until I get though it all though.

Jintor

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun episode 5:
My suspicion that Nozaki is actually gay increased a lot in this episode, of course that's probably not the case and it's just for comedy. They sure don't avoid the subject at all as he just about has a gay moment every 5 minutes or so.

that's just the shoujo showing through

javac

This weeks releases, for 05/05/15.
05/05/15
Patlabor The Movie [Sentai]
Run Time: 99 min
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Subtitles: English
Format: BD
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $24.99
16iqgFgm.jpg

The World God Only Knows: OVA Collection [Sentai]
Run Time: 100 min
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Format: BD
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $24.99
4JJdGuem.jpg

DVD
05/05/15
Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal: Season 1 Collection [Cinedigm]
Run Time: 1080 min
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 2.0
Subtitles: None
Format: DVD
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $32.19
Em2jguGm.jpg

Solty Rei: Complete Series S.A.V.E. [Funimation]
Run Time: 650 min
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1 (448 kbps) / Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $19.99
vOZfpwvm.jpg

Yakitate!! Japan Part 2 [TRSI]
Run Time: 625 min
Audio: Japanese
Price: Price @ Rightstuf.com: $29.99
zDsdiqwm.jpg

Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands - The Complete Collection [VIZ]
Run Time:
Audio: English
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $19.97
D6iIHGDm.jpg

Astro Boy (2003): The Complete Collection [Mill Creek]
Run Time: 1011 min
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 2.0 / Spanish: Dolby Digital 2.0 / Portuguese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $8.99
cfG1kYim.jpg

Himemiya

WMYFFJZ.png
DwZGJ4u.png

1F7Idmg.png
DKsJIA5.png

I forget, what are Akiyuki Shinbou's pseudonyms agai-
So this might have been done entirely by two women (Fumie Muroi and Atsuko Nakajima), it's hard to find staff information for a show from 2001 online though (+nobody cares about it, this was pretty much the only good scene).

Himemiya

Ronia the Robber's Daughter (Ronja Rövardotter) Series Impressions

Ronia the Robber's Daughter is a Studio Ghibli production based on the children's fantasy book by Swedish author Astrid Lindgren. Ronia is the story of a young girl who grows up with a band of robbers in a medieval Scandinavian setting. First and foremost it is a story about growing up with not the best of influences.
[...]
This is my favourite anime I've seen this year. It's an story of growing up with a band of criminals and everything that entails. The characters are all well written and the conflict between them is executed well. The tone of each scene can range from comical to serious and each is well done. It's beautifully animated with great direction and sound design. Unless something else comes out this year that seriously impresses me this will probably be my Anime of 2015.
Dang. I thought the stuff before ep 7 was good too (Birk comes in around ep 4) but yeah I agree with most of your write-up and I'm glad you enjoyed watching it! To whoever likes slice of life I'd also recommend this, since there's an almost 6-episode stretch in the second half that's (mostly) just that and it's incredibly comfy, with watching the seasons pass, picking berries, milking horses, almost freezing to death, etc.

Razmos

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun episode 6:
Oh Nozaki! *swoon*
9610600250289093a1900112b3efa4a3.png

This episode was just misunderstanding after misunderstanding and Wakamatsu is so dense, but so adorable.
0b5c21774f073702e65ab22b7d865935.png

The finished manga at the end of the episode got me good. Seo wasn't quite as funny in this episode as usual though.

Cornbread78

The World God Only Knows S2 1-12:
So I finished the second season and on to Season 3. Nothing really strong to note here, just more of the same from Season 1. You would think at some point they would show some character developement for Ellie and/or Keima, especially in the teacher episode, but nothing...

The World God Only Knows S3 ep.1
Looks liek they packed in a lot of the Manga and/or LN stuff into the first episode since he is up to 16 girls all of a sudden....

OK, WTF just happened? IT went Madoka on me in ep. 1? And they got the best girl at that? Say it ain't so sensei... This is wrong, so wrong, wtf.

The World God Only Knows S2 1-12:
So I finished the second season and on to Season 3. Nothing really strong to note here, just more of the same from Season 1. You would think at some point they would show some character developement for Ellie and/or Keima, especially in the teacher episode, but nothing...

The World God Only Knows S3 ep.1
Looks liek they packed in a lot of the Manga and/or LN stuff into the first episode since he is up to 16 girls all of a sudden....

OK, WTF just happened? IT went Madoka on me in ep. 1? And they got the best girl at that? Say it ain't so sensei... This is wrong, so wrong, wtf.

The best part about this series is how the manga ended. All those delicious tears, it was phenomenal.

Arcadius

Banned
Dang. I thought the stuff before ep 7 was good too (Birk comes in around ep 4) but yeah I agree with most of your write-up and I'm glad you enjoyed watching it! To whoever likes slice of life I'd also recommend this, since there's an almost 6-episode stretch in the second half that's (mostly) just that and it's incredibly comfy, with watching the seasons pass, picking berries, milking horses, almost freezing to death, etc.

Roger that, now apart of my ever growing list of things to watch.

Conan-san

This weeks releases, for 05/05/15.

DVD

Typical, I'd give Sony silly money for a compete BD boxset of Astro Boy 2003 but they'd rather sit on that and ask silly money for stuff that doesn't deserve it.

A...grudgefuck? Does that mean what I think it does

That I hold Nisekoi in complete contempt and wonder every day where it went wrong for its author that he resorted to making such drench?

Puruzi

Banned
Ojamajo Doremi 1-20
So far this has been the most pleasant anime I've ever seen. I totally love this show omg

Does it stay this good for all 4 seasons?

Syrinx

Everybody who watches Doremi loves it. Everybody.

And every subsequent season of Doremi is better than the first season, and the first season is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom