• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody who watches Doremi loves it. Everybody.

And every subsequent season of Doremi is better than the first season, and the first season is great.

Hmm...

nah, have too many other shows on my plate currently. Then again an episode a week or so wouldn't hurt.

Jex

So this might have been done entirely by two women (Fumie Muroi and Atsuko Nakajima), it's hard to find staff information for a show from 2001 online though (+nobody cares about it, this was pretty much the only good scene).
You'll probably just have to pull out the credits and hope someone can translate them.

I'm really bad with ratings; I know it's pathetic, but I really liked everything I've seen so far....
Isn't this grounds for invalidating one's Anime-GAF rights? I was under the impression that one should hate at least 40% of everything to keep membership.
LOL. You kinda get used to the "your favourite anime is shit" mentality after a while. Everyone likes different stuff, if those were all 10s to you don't let anyone tell you otherwise ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jex

Ojamajo Doremi 1-20
So far this has been the most pleasant anime I've ever seen. I totally love this show omg

Does it stay this good for all 4 seasons?

I have to echo those commentators who say that it improves.

Truly, one of the best shows I've ever watched and yet refuse to finish.

Arcadius

Banned
Its actually more of 95%'of anything.

Then you just need to watch some bad shows! Can I recommend to you 11 eyes?

Ahaha, that's fine, I'll watch some bad stuff, thought that's very subjective isn't it?

If what you just recommended is full of violence and stuff, I'll take a pass for now though, I'm still really enjoying the SoL, cute stuff. =)

Jex

I wasn't impressed by what i saw.

Well of course, there's no such thing as consensus. At least, I hope we don't have a universal consensus on anything because that would suggest that the posters in the thread are far too similar in their tastes.

Midonin

Sound! Euphonium 05

The marching band uniforms made me think of the Baton Club in Tamako Market, which is one element (in addition to Choi), that I actually would've preferred be emphasized over romance in the movie. But this isn't a Tamako Market post, so as for Euphonium. Everyone working together is great, and at least the main four are still letting us get inside their heads, even if most of the people in the eyecatches are more background scenery than anything else. I am enjoying it, but the very nature of an ensemble and the way the show is structuring itself as a sports drama means there's less talk about the nature of creativity than would've been there if I was writing it.

Kyuur

I am enjoying it, but the very nature of an ensemble and the way the show is structuring itself as a sports drama means there's less talk about the nature of creativity than would've been there if I was writing it.

How would you make a show about concert band about creativity? They're not composing original pieces, they're learning and perfecting their ability to play instruments as a team. Like you said, it's the nature of an ensemble.

Maybe if it was an art club or something.

Rainy

Banned
Hibike Euphonium 5

Show is pretty good. Don't find it boring but not exactly engrossing either...adequate I guess?
Also does Kosaka have a crush on the music teacher?

Midonin

How would you make a show about concert band about creativity? They're not composing original pieces, they're learning and perfecting their ability to play instruments as a team. Like you said, it's the nature of an ensemble.

Maybe if it was an art club or something.
Music is still ultimately a form of personal expression, though there are many aspects of music... I don't dislike the show, but a more technical approach to music means that as far as KyoAni's music shows go, at the end of the cour, I'll still like K-ON! more.

Cornbread78

The World God Only Knows S3 ep.1-END:
I marathoned through this one today, and while te last few episodes were really fun, there wasn't really a conclusion. I mean, for the first time in three seasons, they finally show some character developement and give the dweeb a chance at growth, then they give him that horrible ending? I mean,
The Chihiro ending would have been perfect, with a repeat of what would have happened on the roof.
Why did they screw that up? Were they planning a S4 to close out all the relationships, but said forget it? There is no way the manga and/ot LN ended his story like that. Once again, what could have been a great ending turned into crap...

The World God Only Knows S3 ep.1-END:
I marathoned through this one today, and while te last few episodes were really fun, there wasn't really a conclusion. I mean, for the first time in three seasons, they finally show some character developement and give the dweeb a chance at growth, then they give him that horrible ending? I mean,
The Chihiro ending would have been perfect, with a repeat of what would have happened on the roof.
Why did they screw that up? Were they planning a S4 to close out all the relationships, but said forget it? There is no way the manga and/ot LN ended his story like that. Once again, what could have been a great ending turned into crap...

Well the manga ended and I personally loved the ending. Though many raged because of who the MC Keima ended up with. The amout of delicious tears was hilarious.

So yeah the anime didn't finish adapting all the manga.

Clov

NISA just picked up that Kotoura-san anime, for those of you who are interested. Personally I'm waiting to see if they'll end up getting the Yuruyuri OVA and the eventual third season. I hope they make more announcements in general soon; I know they're primarily a video game publisher, but their anime releases are always high quality.

I'm watching the Hikaru no Go anime for the first time because I was somewhat curious in Go.

There's some good direction and voice acting that makes me care about what's going on, because on the animation side there's a bunch of still frames and minimal movement.

Which I guess is because it's an anime about go, but I'm inclined to think it's an anime by Studio Pierrot.

Well the manga ended and I personally loved the ending. Though many raged because of who the MC Keima ended up with. The amout of delicious tears was hilarious.

So yeah the anime didn't finish adapting all the manga.
I think it was better than him not choosing anyone, like every other harem out there. Which reminds me, it's about goddamn time that the Nisekoi manga advances a little in that aspect. At this point, I am just reading it because I've gotten this far already. It's pretty frustrating lol.

Thoraxes

OK, WTF just happened? IT went Madoka on me in ep. 1? And they got the best girl at that? Say it ain't so sensei... This is wrong, so wrong, wtf.

They basically passed up a whole season's worth of content to get to what is referred to as the Namek arc of TWGOK, compressed into a single cour.

There's still room for another season too if by some miracle they got the money to do a fourth season.

I think it was better than him not choosing anyone, like every other harem out there. Which reminds me, it's about goddamn time that the Nisekoi manga advances a little in that aspect. At this point, I am just reading it because I've gotten this far. It's pretty frustrating lol.

The best thing was when the Author picked the girl that most if not all believed to have the least chance of winning. The saddest part was people wanting a harem end so their favorite wouldn't lose. So I'm glad the Author didn't go that route.

Also the only reason you should watch Nisekoi is for Marika. When she has screentime its pretty much the best thing.

Thoraxes

The best thing was when the Author picked the girl that most if not all believed to have the least chance of winning. The saddest part was people wanting a harem end so their favorite wouldn't lose. So I'm glad the Author didn't go that route.

Also the only reason you should watch Nisekoi is for Marika. When she has screentime its pretty much the best thing.

That's a weird way to spell Haru.

Hibike! Euphonium - 03

Pretty great first half with a slightly disappointing second one. The characterization remains really strong with the exception of Kousaka, who has many strange moments. Maybe it'll add up eventually but I'm just not sure what to make of her right now. When she played "From the New World" on her trumpet for everyone to hear in ep3 that didn't seem to fit with her, seemingly, subdued nature. I mean, was she bragging or did she simply not give a fuck about standing there at the top for everyone to see and hear? Then her weird, very short talk to Kumiko in ep4 after going as far as leaving the school buidling. Her infatuation with the teacher isn't unexpected though. But then this ep. her motivational trumpet interruption...? I'd rather expect Asuka to do so.

I suspect she's supposed to be a really amicable girl and Kumiko just wasn't aware of that due to the previous school band's ranking incident as well as typical teenager awkwardness. But yeh, for now her behavior seems contradicting here and t here.

Concerning the direction of this show. It can be strong, for example in this ep. when Kumiko was forced to walk alongside Kousaka for a while, but feels weak at other times. I was looking forward the marching bands competition at this SunsFes but there was hardly a minute of footage we really got out of it. May have been a budget decision though.

Oh, then there's also this shit which really makes for one darn ugly image quality at times.

The abomination known as excessive bloom

Story-wise it feels a bit generic and unlikely how the band managed to improve so darn much in the first week to appease the teacher and then even goes on to impress at the actual festival. I also which they'd show how much of a toll this really large training regiment has on the students when they do it in addition to all their other school stuff. For now it's all butterflies though.

Still, I'm sounding dangerously negative when this is really my favorite show this season and I'm enjoying it quite a lot.

edit2:
Oh btw., there's somewhat large amount of... potentially sexual tension/vibes in here. I'm not sure but plenty of the dialogues between the (female) students has a slight edge of yuri to it, then there's the occasional sexual innuendo, though those are usually directed as a wink to the audience. It's kinda strange but maybe that's why I like it here.

I don't even watch the anime so I don't get even more frustrated lol. I was talking about the manga. How far into the manga chapters have they gotten in the anime more or less?

Puruzi

Banned
Oh wow, that was quite a while ago in the manga. If they decide to not make an original ending for that, then I can see them milking the heck out of the series with multiple seasons. Unless, of course they cut the "filler" out.

I feel like they're gonna make more seasons for it, it seems fairly popular.

I don't even watch the anime so I don't get even more frustrated lol. I was talking about the manga. How far into the manga chapters have they gotten in the anime more or less?

From my understanding of other people's impressions they've gotten to where Haru is introduced so there's that. I haven't started second season yet, just reading the manga.

The saddest part is that when the anime ends, progression will still be at zero nothing will change.

Looking at the BD predictions and Amazon ranking it doesn't seem that way.😌

Man, like I said the series pisses me off. I don't even know why I am still reading it, idk how people have the patience to keep following up with it. Maybe they are all in the same situation as I am. Maybe they thoroughly just enjoy the show? Idk.

From my understanding of other people's impressions they've gotten to where Haru is introduced so there's that. I haven't started second season yet, just reading the manga.

The saddest part is that when the anime ends, progression will still be at zero nothing will change.
Very true, every week I hope there is a tiny bit of progress, but all the author does is either go around the issue, or add even more mystery to it. Feels like it's never going to end.

Narag

I'm really bad with ratings; I know it's pathetic, but I really liked everything I've seen so far....

DyFurTL.jpg

All joking aside, it's hard to sort things out like that without seeing a range of works.

Man, like I said the series pisses me off. I don't even know why I am still reading it, idk how people have the patience to keep following up with it. Maybe they are all in the same situation as I am. Maybe they thoroughly just enjoy the show? Idk.

I'm a team Onodera kinda guy and at this point in season 2 I am numb. Now if this younger sister is gonna be introduced and have some time of history with that locket, I'm gonna rage hard.

Puruzi

Banned

Very true, every week I hope there is a tiny bit of progress, but all the author does is either go around the issue, or add even more mystery to it. Feels like it's never going to end.

I only read it because I like the reaction faces and seeing how upset fans get when nothing happens in every new chapter

I still watch it because I like Shaft's shaftisms

I'm a team Onodera kinda guy and at this point in season 2 I am numb. Now if this younger sister is gonna be introduced and have some time of history with that locket, I'm gonna rage hard.
You poor, poor soul... I'll just leave it at that.

I only read it because I like the reaction faces and seeing how upset fans get when nothing happens in every new chapter

I still watch it because I like Shaft's shaftisms
I love Shaft don't get me wrong. I'm all about dem head tilts, and slow mos, but I just couldn't imagine going through Nisekoi twice (manga first then anime).

Puruzi

Banned
You poor, poor soul... I'll just leave it at that.

I love Shaft don't get me wrong. I'm all about dem head tilts, and slow mos, but I just couldn't imagine going through Nisekoi twice (manga first then anime).

I guess, but it's just like 22 mins every week, so I don't mind watching it even though i'm already reading it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom