• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

This weeks releases, for 05/12/15.
05/12/15
Darker then Black Season 2 + OVAs Collection (Save Edition) [Funimation]
Run Time: 400 min
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 / Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Subtitles: English
Format: Five-disc set (2 BDs, 3 DVDs)
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $31.93
Price @ rightstuf.com: $32.99
cVBaeuAm.jpg

Michiko & Hatchin: Complete Collection (Save Edition) [Funimation]
Run Time: 550 min
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 / Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Format: Eight-disc set (4 BDs, 4 DVDs)
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $24.94
Price @ rightstuf.com: $24.49
ryeBs3Om.jpg

Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse: Collection 2 [Sentai]
Run Time: 325 min
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Format: Two-disc set (2 BDs)
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $49.99
Price @ rightstuf.com: $47.99
eRDqB9nm.jpg

The Familiar of Zero: Rondo of Princesses: Season 3 + OVA Complete Collection [Sentai]
Run Time: 325 min
Audio: Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Format: Two-disc set (2 BDs)
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $42.99
Price @ rightstuf.com: $38.99
uNWDEZwm.jpg

DVD
05/12/15
Digimon Tamers: Volume 2 [Cinedigm]
Run Time: 374 min
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 2.0
Subtitles: None
Format: Three-disc set (3 DVDs)
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $16.95
oK1ELL0m.jpg

Slam Dunk Season 1 [Cinedigm]
Run Time: 322 min
Audio: English / Japanese
Format: DVD
Price: Price @ rightstuf.com: $15.99
udV81NUm.jpg

-----
And as a bonus, this released yesterday, stupid Pony Canyon not adhering to the Tuesday release date :$

Stupid Pony Canyon
05/10/15
Denki-gai no Honya-san Volume 02 Blu-ray
(RightStuf.com Exclusive)
[Pony Canyon]
Run Time: 100 min
Audio: Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Subtitles: English, Spanish
Format: Three-disc set (1 BD, 1 DVD, 1 CD)
Price: Price @ rightstuf.com: $71.98
bmlCJ79m.jpg

Cornbread78

Yamato- 7 Witches ep. 5:
The first couple episodes made no sense, but since then, this show has gotten a lot better! Also, now that the plot is finally laid out for the rest of the show, things could get very interesting as well. Yamada is the central figure for the show, and we're finally getting to know him more. I'm interested to see if something does come out of the Shiraishi relationship with Yamada, as well as meeting the other 5 witches to see what their powers are and how everything meshes. Yamada is going to be a busy guy as a
Witch Detector

Fruit of Grisaia S2 ep.4:
Man, dude had it tough. I mean, like real tough. We are finally out of all the backstory stuff now, but it was great getting a full scope of everything he has been through. I really hate that cliff hanger and can't wait to see how that episodes ends, that may have been the moment he was finally allowed to become a regular H.S student. After that, it's time to return back to school with his "girlfriend" and all the other girls. The next few episodes should be pretty interesting as he returns. I also wonder if they will introduce new characters after the events from S1? There is still 1 girl left for him to "save" in the house.

I guess this spring belongs to Bones, and that's cool.

**5位/**7位 ★ (**2,519 pt) [*,148予約] 15/06/17 【Amazon.co.jp限定】血界戦線 第1巻(初回生産限定版)(イベント優先販売申込券付き)(早期予約特典+オリジナル全巻収納BOX付き) [Blu-ray]

*47位/*67位 ★ (**1,015 pt) [*,*46予約] 15/06/24 SHOW BY ROCK!! 1(新規書き下ろしキャラクターソングCD(2曲)付き)(アプリゲーム「SHOW BY ROCK!!」アニメオリジナルURブロマイドDLコード付き) [Blu-ray]

I guess this spring belongs to Bones, and that's cool.

**5位/**7位 ★ (**2,519 pt) [*,148予約] 15/06/17 【Amazon.co.jp限定】血界戦線 第1巻(初回生産限定版)(イベント優先販売申込券付き)(早期予約特典+オリジナル全巻収納BOX付き) [Blu-ray]

*47位/*67位 ★ (**1,015 pt) [*,*46予約] 15/06/24 SHOW BY ROCK!! 1(新規書き下ろしキャラクターソングCD(2曲)付き)(アプリゲーム「SHOW BY ROCK!!」アニメオリジナルURブロマイドDLコード付き) [Blu-ray]

Man are both Bones shows going strong especially Kekkai, damn son. It's been consistently ranking in the top 100 on Amazon. I would honestly be surprised if Bones doesn't give Kekkai a second season.

Anyways props to Bones.

cajunator

Banned
God bless the soul of the BONES English translator:

Well this is so crazy I might have to watch it.

Saving the old era 'long anime' 50 episode shows have always served one purpose and one purpose alone:
To sell toys.
The length is almost exclusively targeted to kids and for good reason. The intent of running for what is a full year is to keep relevant toy ads up for kids to buy the toys. See older mecha, PreCure, etc etc.
Now there are notable exceptions like say the new JoJo but I'd argue that's 2 2ish episode shows.

What about Full Moon O Sagashite? They did sell the
music box
but its not a toy show at all. It lasted 52 episodes.

Don't worry, Ange will evolve into a terribly entertaining cunt. She is a bitch to the end, but the bitchiness is interlaced with being awesome at times and dropping some righteous burns at other times.

In a way, that show is a epitome of something that can be really bad and really good at the same time, but for different reasons, instead of the more usual "so bad that it's good."

Thats great to hear. I look forward to watching more!

This weeks releases, for 05/12/15.

DVD

-----
And as a bonus, this released yesterday, stupid Pony Canyon not adhering to the Tuesday release date :$

Stupid Pony Canyon

Wow Rightstuf gets things so early. I already have had that Denki Gai set 2 over two weeks.

Man are both Bones shows going strong especially Kekkai, damn son. It's been consistently ranking in the top 100 on Amazon. I would honestly be surprised if Bones doesn't give Kekkai a second season.

Anyways props to Bones.

Production committees:

Kekkai:
Toho/NAS/Shueisha/Bones/Toys Factory/MBS/Sony PCL
Video discs published and distributed by Toho.

Show by Rock:
Furyu/Pony Canyon/Bones/Tokyo MX/Sammy/Sanrio/Shochiku/Dokomo
Video discs published by Furyu and distributed by Pony Canyon.

The former has IP rights held by Shueisha, so if they don't want any more content made, none can be made. The latter has IP rights held by Sanrio, who publishes the game in Japan.

javac

Wow Rightstuf gets things so early. I already have had that Denki Gai set 2 over two weeks.

Ha that's pretty crazy! Earliest I've received a BD was when I got the GiTS Steelbook 2 weeks in advance for no reason whatsoever. Usually I'm happy to get them by release date.

Theonik

Ha that's pretty crazy! Earliest I've received a BD was when I got the GiTS Steelbook 2 weeks in advance for no reason whatsoever. Usually I'm happy to get them by release date.
I had to wait for some UK BDs so long I actually had left the country already and had to get them forwarded.

javac

I had to wait for some UK BDs so long I actually had left the country already and had to get them forwarded.

Whoa, let me guess...Zavvi/The Hut? They've been good to me when it comes to deliveries for some reason. Something must be up <_<

Usually get my stuff around release day when it comes to BD and Video Games, sometimes a day or two earlier. I only buy Nintendo games and such and they usually come out on a Friday and I usually get them by then. I always go for SAL (sometimes unregistered!) when importing unless I'm forced to go for EMS, I like to live on the edge :p

EDIT: SNAP! ^

Production committees:

Kekkai:

Show by Rock:

The former has IP rights held by Shueisha, so if they don't want any more content made, none can be made. The latter has IP rights held by Sanrio, who publishes the game in Japan.

Oh thanks for the information. Though it would be weird if Shueshia didn't want any content to be made.

Theonik

Whoa, let me guess...Zavvi/The Hut? They've been good to me when it comes to deliveries for some reason. Something must be up <_<

Usually get my stuff around release day when it comes to BD and Video Games, sometimes a day or two earlier. I only buy Nintendo games and such and they usually come out on a Friday and I usually get them by then. I always go for SAL (sometimes unregistered!) when importing unless I'm forced to go for EMS, I like to live on the edge :p

EDIT: SNAP! ^
No, I am thinking releases getting delayed like the TTGL release or the Time of Eve KS that got delayed almost 2 years. I changed address 4 times on that one by the time they released it.

javac

No, I am thinking releases getting delayed like the TTGL release or the Time of Eve KS that got delayed almost 2 years. I changed address 4 times on that one by the time they released it.

Oh haha yeah GL was delayed a lot. Hated it in the end *shakes head*

yurisses

Neo Member

cajunator

Banned
Damn, I don't know why I love tsundere characters. Guess growing up in a hispanic family does that to someone. This is why I enjoy Chitoge as a character...
Onodera is solid too lol plus Seishiro.

Chitoge isnt tsundere though, she is just a bitch.
Proper tsundere should be more subtle, like Kurisu.

Oh thanks for the information. Though it would be weird if Shueshia didn't want any content to be made.

Sometimes there's more newer franchises they want to promote over other ones and it prevents more from being made. Accel World did well by all standards for Ascii Media Works' Dengeki Bunko label, but they had a lot of other titles they wanted to promote instead and so it's kinda been put to the side. (along with Sunrise Studio 8's Love Live craze preventing the studio from working on it)

Production committees:

Kekkai:

Show by Rock:

Seeing their shows sales number in past few years, all they need now is "good looking sales numbers"

Ace of Diamond s2 Episode 6
CEugGLUUsAE01gb.jpg

Well as usual Furuya falls apart when people needed him most. At least we get the impenetrable Sawarmura (with his #1 fan Kanemaru!). Looking to see how this goes and if he can truly pitch to the inside again.

The perfect name, it follows the theme of the whole story perfectly.... So perfect.

The main themes are family, love and bonds but the main lesson of the show at the end that I don't think many have caught on to was...

It is better to have love and lost than to have not loved at all.

It's such a simple lesson but one that really drives home at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom