• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced Cornbread has watched more anime than me already.
I personally wouldn't doubt it either, He's been burning through these shows. His enthusiasm was rubbing off on me, hence why I watched Clannad. I tend to stick to whatever is on during the season, and very rarely go back in time. He's going all out, I think watching all kinds of shows will give him a better perspective of what's good and what isn't. Just don't burn yourself out! Remember to do take breaks every other day, play a video game or something, or pretty soon you won't want to watch anything else aha.

Puruzi

Banned
Why do you want people to watch bad anime?

LMFAO go from feels to despair.
tumblr_inline_nlhmb4s46j1svn2jw_500.png

Symphogear 10

yQ5hKNs.jpg
koiIYVC.jpg

Fucking tsunderes man

The engrish is this show is now so bad that I cannot legitimately tell what is being said without subtitles. Said subtitles also don't even correspond to the words I can make out. Truly next level. Five and Kaji can get out.

Cornbread78

When's cornbread gonna watch Mirai Nikki

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10620/Mirai_Nikki_(TV)

Synopsis
This psychological thriller, based on the manga written and illustrated by Sakae Esuno, is about Yuki, a loner who's not very good with people. He prefers to write a diary on his cell phone and talk to his imaginary friend, Deus Ex Machina – The God of Time and Space. However, Yuki soon learns that Deus is more than a figment of his imagination when he makes Yuki participate in a battle royale with eleven others. The contestants are given special diaries that can predict the future, each diary possessing unique features that give it both advantages and disadvantages. Within the next 90 days, the contestants must try to survive until there is only one left standing. The winner will become the new God of Time and Space.

You guys are messed up I tell ya
I can't even. I thought I mentioned I really like a well written love story with a happy ending, lol. All this dispair talk...
Holy crap at the fan art for this show:
b8ab0a35d3b63da596d01f0288cb03cf-d54n1um.jpg
mirai_nikki_wallpaper_by_jospiedr-d4w9vlv.png
mirai_nikki_by_roberta1-d4n3o97.jpg

This must be one sick f'ing show....

Interesting read. I will never get into Conan, as even watching Gintamas 260+ episodes is a huge undertaking for me. I think Conan's anime is comparable to catching up on something manga-wise like One Piece, JoJo, and Ippo, the first two of which I am actually caught up on. Of course those don't take as long since they are 20 page chapters and not 20 minute episodes but the barrier of entry is still pretty staggering at first. With manga, most people would go "800 chapters? Fuck that!" with anime it's more like "800 EPISODES? FUCK THAT!"

I am way better at marathoning manga then anime anyway.

This is why when I got caught up to Conan I read through the manga. It's still a big undertaking (over 900 chapters now, although it was only around 600 when I got caught up), but it's not nearly as daunting as watching through the anime. It's a lot easier to marathon through a manga than an anime, because you can read through something at your own pace rather than having each episode run for around 22 minutes.

Of course, although Detective Conan is a little bit shorter than Hajime no Ippo, it still took me longer to read since the chapters can be kind of wordy. But I do think for new people the manga is definitely the easier way to run through for the first time.

cajunator

Banned
Why do you want people to watch bad anime?

Its not bad to everyone though.

I can't even. I thought I mentioned I really like a well written love story with a happy ending, lol. All this dispair talk...

Its not that bad. Just really bloody and people die horribly. Its actually really over the top. Also Yuno is a mega cutie.

Jex

ZZ Gundam 1-23

I had heard there would be a huge tonal shift coming off of Zeta, but that was a bit much. Compounded with a lot of the previous cast suddenly becoming incompetent, the new cast being quite unlikable, and the extended periods of nothing happening, it took me a lot longer to get through this compared to when I was going through Zeta episode after episode.

At least things look to be getting a bit more serious now that they're back on Earth. And at least I'm finally starting to like Judau and the rest of his gang, although that'll depend on how much further development Beecha and Mondo get.

You're over the 'hump', although I personally prefer the wacky-Tomino to the serious, political Tomino.

Jex

Backtracking the quotes I realise all that stemmed from a mention of A Woman Called Fujiko Mine. Seems the show claimed another victim.

R.I.P Javac ;___;

I can, at very least, understand Javac's position of not needing/wanting to read reviews about something before they watch it.

However, if you bring up an anime in this thread you're probably going to hear commentary about it, either negative or positive, because that's what you'd expect in a forum of this nature.

If that's not something you want to hear or know about then it's probably best not to bring it up.
Angel Beats ep. 11-END:
angel-beats-title-card.jpg

Ok, I really have to stop watching these shows, there was no warning for this one though, I was a victim of seeing a chick with a gun and a description about kids fighting in the afterlife, how was I supossed to know? I'm seriously watching nothing but Kill la Kill or some more manly harem shows when the MC takes all he wants from the ladies for awhile, all these feels are crazy. I mean, I shouldn't feel like this after watching these shows dammit! The ending here is another fu(king tearjerker but is so damn amazing at the same time, then on top of that you have
a second ending that shows he finally moved on and met Angel again back in the real world through reincarnation, was that a dream, did it really happen, was it just their souls that moved on to new hosts? Who cares, holy crap was that a touching moment. I mean, it's sad that his donated heart didn't work for Angel, which is why she was in the afterlife, but in the long run by falling in love with Angel and then learning that she had his heart, that it gave him the fulfillment he needed to move on even without her. That is what he couldn;t do for his own sister, whom he loved, but he was for Angel, which was the final kick he needed, just like her seeing the graduation and in-turn being loved by someone. Two totally different means to an end, but they messed it so perfectly, my lawd.
I need a cigarette now...

A true GAF AOTY contender!

phaze

K-ON! falls neither under the era that came before it or the era that came after. It is the point where KyoAni reached enlightenment and that which lead to them reaching their peak.

The Post-key, pre K-ON! KyoAni period seems to cover only one show too. Never heard of Munto but clearly it's something I should fix !
Hmm, I had forgotten that was you, lol. With that being said, I should expect
one of them to turn into a crazed jeleous lover, slice their heart out and them kill themselves in an alternate version of Romeo and Juliette

Well, I still think every anime ends like Schol Days did, so it's all good. I types it in google so I could read the Myanimelist description, and I did notice these images pop up. I must say, I usually appreciate the more natural realistic looking anime style, however, the below is amazing....

tumblr_ngby2u2j6J1thq5geo1_500.gif

It's a really pretty movie and it lasts only about 50 minutes so do give it a try when you recover.

One day I need to get around to finishing the 2nd half of Mirai Nikki.

Bolted out on 5th episode. Might come back if masterpiece like Deadman Wonderland doesn't get a second season soon.

Cornbread78

It's funny how poor my grammer and typing is when I reread one of my posts. Sometimes, my sentences are so incoherant and screwed up I don;t even read them correctly.... I really need to slow down when I type on the forum...

Mandelbo

Angel Beats irritated me when I watched it because the ending seemed contrived and poorly thought out, unless I'm a dumbass and missed something. The ending revelation just seemed like a massive plot hole to me. If Angel is supposed to
have Otonashi's heart inside her due to a heart transplant, that would mean she must have died quite a long time after Otonashi did, either after the heart transplant or during it. Otonashi's heart wouldn't have been available to use immediately, both because he died in a collapsed tunnel which presumably wasn't right next to a hospital and because he only signed the organ donor just before he died, so the hospital wouldn't have any prior knowledge of him wanting to be a donor.

Why, then, are we led to believe that Angel has been in purgatory for far longer than Otonashi has, given that the SSS have been fighting her long enough to know her strategies and weaknesses, when she surely would have turned up much later than he did? It's impossible for her have been dead prior to Otonashi's arrival - why would they perform a heart transplant on someone who is already dead - so how is she already there? We're never given any reason to believe that it takes an appreciable amount of time to go from being dead to ending up in purgatory, but even if there was Otonashi still should have gotten there first!
That, as well as tonal issues, kinda tainted the whole show for me :/

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oregairu S2, Episodes 1-2

Mrs. Grimace: "Hachiman has more friends than I did in high school but he keeps saying he's a loner with no friends."

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I got a thing.

isXzTve8r20Va.jpg

Disappearance of Nagato 06

Nagato is finally making some moves and Haruhi is becoming less prominent. It's nice that Nagato has the courage to go that far but the series just isn't as fun without Haruhi's antics and Kyon's quips. The soundtrack is borrowing from Melancholy which is just making me feel nostalgic. Time to re-watch the first series.

Onee-san pls

Someone with no URs...

...wait, wrong community.

What are owls and URs? Someone explain.

Angel Beats ep.10:

I can't believe Hinata caught on and stepped up the way he did. So many damn feels from the way they captured her moment, from the script, to the visualization of what would be to the damn awesome music. Amazing ending to this episode.

Cornbread, take a break from the tough animes please.

Angel Beats ep. 11-END:
angel-beats-title-card.jpg

Ok, I really have to stop watching these shows, there was no warning for this one though, I was a victim of seeing a chick with a gun and a description about kids fighting in the afterlife, how was I supossed to know? I'm seriously watching nothing but Kill la Kill or some more manly harem shows when the MC takes all he wants from the ladies for awhile, all these feels are crazy. I mean, I shouldn't feel like this after watching these shows dammit! The ending here is another fu(king tearjerker but is so damn amazing at the same time, then on top of that you have
a second ending that shows he finally moved on and met Angel again back in the real world through reincarnation, was that a dream, did it really happen, was it just their souls that moved on to new hosts? Who cares, holy crap was that a touching moment. I mean, it's sad that his donated heart didn't work for Angel, which is why she was in the afterlife, but in the long run by falling in love with Angel and then learning that she had his heart, that it gave him the fulfillment he needed to move on even without her. That is what he couldn;t do for his own sister, whom he loved, but he was for Angel, which was the final kick he needed, just like her seeing the graduation and in-turn being loved by someone. Two totally different means to an end, but they messed it so perfectly, my lawd.
I need a cigarette now...

CORNBREAD!!!! LIVE PLEASE!

You have no idea how I am envying you right now.
Watching Angel Beats and Clannad for the first time are among the BEST (if not THE BESTS) things I ever experienced.

Please, go watch AnoHana now if you didnt already : D

You just want Cornbread to go lie in a corner don't you?

Mirai Nikki and Death Note are so psychological. They take you on a ride to hell and back. The ending for Mirai Nikki is surprising and Death Note is just that's it?

Cornbread78

You know, this post is kinda meta :D

Yup, it is what it is...

You guys are so mean to Cornbread.

Yup, people suck and I'm a glutton for pain & suffering, lol. (I kid, I kid)

Watch Dusk Maiden of Amnesia!
I like how you leave "happy ending" out of the bolded part... Dusk maiden alone tells me something..

Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They? ep. 8-END:
I can clear another one out of my queue that has been sitting there for a few months. I got bored with it in the middle since there was no coherant plotline to follow; there was also no character developement, no relationship building, no world building, however, there was a little fanservice embedded into it with no ryme of reason (shocker I know) although, the skirt talk with Izayoi and Shiroyasha about the black rabbit was pretty damn funny. This must have meant to be another multi-season series that fell short on sale prejections, so got axed, or it went faster than the manga, etc, because even in the ending, it felt like the end of an arc, and not the end of a series.. So typical with anime, I know... Oh well, it's off the drawing board now, but in all, the world had a great premise, the characters could have been very interesting, and there were so many places they could have gone, but....

Midonin

Triage X 06

All's well that ends well for the idols. This two-parter actually makes me sort of look forward to the final four episodes.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I can clear another one out of my queue that has been sitting there for a few months. I got bored with it in the middle since there was no coherant plotline to follow; there was also no character developement, no relationship building, no world building, however, there was a little fanservice embedded into it with no ryme of reason to it (shocker I know) although, the skirt talk with Izayoi and Shiroyasha about the black rabbit was pretty damn funny. This must have meant to be another multi-season series that fell short on sale prejections, so got axed, or it went faster than the manga, etc, because even in the ending, it felt like the end of an arc, and not the end of a series.. So typical with anime, I know... Oh well, it's off the drawing board now, but in all, the world had a great premise, the characters could have been very interesting, and there were so many places they could have gone, but....

Cornbread, you're eating through anime left and right... Damn. Reminds me when I was in high school with nothing better to do after practice and just bathe myself in anime.

cajunator

Banned
Each JP BD/DVD had a box containing a amaray/tall case. Here's the boxes:
u6qTUKG.jpg

Here's the cover art on the cases:
pgoJlEd.jpg
2eoPciv.jpg
M3GRRWB.jpg
O6kUAqI.jpg

LXAOyAp.jpg
CnfR9E9.jpg
ClMKtpK.jpg
ZVA7J02.jpg

This artwork is gorgeous. I wish the show was more deserving.
But Suou is pretty awesome so maybe it is.

It's funny how poor my grammer and typing is when I reread one of my posts. Sometimes, my sentences are so incoherant and screwed up I don;t even read them correctly.... I really need to slow down when I type on the forum...

You should reread this post hehee

Yup, it is what it is...

Yup, people suck and I'm a glutton for pain & suffering, lol. (I kid, I kid)

I like how you leave "happy ending" out of the bolded part... Dusk maiden alone tells me something..

I can clear another one out of my queue that has been sitting there for a few months. I got bored with it in the middle since there was no coherant plotline to follow; there was also no character developement, no relationship building, no world building, however, there was a little fanservice embedded into it with no ryme of reason to it (shocker I know) although, the skirt talk with Izayoi and Shiroyasha about the black rabbit was pretty damn funny. This must have meant to be another multi-season series that fell short on sale prejections, so got axed, or it went faster than the manga, etc, because even in the ending, it felt like the end of an arc, and not the end of a series.. So typical with anime, I know... Oh well, it's off the drawing board now, but in all, the world had a great premise, the characters could have been very interesting, and there were so many places they could have gone, but....

Its Kadokawa. It was 10 episodes on purpose and anything that doesnt catch on like wildfire Kadokawa kills with zero remorse.

Cornbread, you're eating through anime left and right... Damn. Reminds me when I was in high school with nothing better to do after practice and just bathe myself in anime.

I used to have an old TV with a DVD player in it and that was my anime workhorse. I put so many hundreds of hours into that thing.

I like how they just took the piss out of the Joi stuff after making a movie all about it. Man. lol

I'm going to assume that this leads into that big arc that people were talking about from the manga?

Haha, no. The big Arc is at least 40 episodes away, if not more depending on how much 1 to 1 chapter to episodes they adapt.

Jex

If you just write up a post in some other program, before brining them over to NeoGAF, you'll probably find that you writing gains both coherence and fluidity.

Cornbread78

This pace will slow down very soon, hopefully... Just clearing out backlog of shorter series' the past week or so.

Yandere is true love, once you saw yandere normal love is just boring.
Why would you want the ending spoiled? That and it'd be interesting to see your reaction to it...

You don't say. I have nothing against psycho thriller once in awhile, I'll dig in after a littel time from Angel Beats has past. Honestly, Angel Beats was very low on my Radar, but the ending blew me away. It's not what I expected at all.

Oh and in regards to the timeing:
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned about "wanderign souls" etc. Meaning Oto's soul was wonderign around until it appeared at the school grounds. From the last flashback, she died, just moments before help arrived, therefore it could be feasible that Angel either died on the operating table when receiving the transplant, or she dies shortly after. Either way, he soul did not go directly to the school upon physical death.

As in most cases, it was mostly just an advertisement for the LN. Unfortunate, cause I thought it was a lot of fun.

Makes perfect sense as it all felt pushed together with no major plotline or character developement. It was just an advertisement series.... So much promise wasted....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom