• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nisekoi is actually garbage

first season was tolerable, this one isnt

I genuinely enjoyed the episode that introduced Chitoge's mother. The episode after was okay. The other episodes are full of bad humor and are boring. Not enough Shaftisms to keep it interesting either.

TUSR

Banned
It will only get more painful for the rest of the season, maybe by the end they will start covering the few better parts of the manga (it dips back down shortly after these parts...).

is the school
festival with witch haru going to be in this season?

im not sure what chapter that is

I genuinely enjoyed the episode that introduced Chitoge's mother. The episode after was okay. The other episodes are full of bad humor and are boring. Not enough Shaftisms to keep it interesting either.

yeah i actually liked that one too

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hibike Euphonium 6
Solid episode. Sensei really deserve to be called smiling demon, because that is what he is. Strict while keeping his smiling face.
Hibike is my current AOTS for a moment. I like the settings, character, and everything.

rrvv

Eternal Youth of the Cautious Mind: Considering Detective Conan

I am still big conan fan and still updated regarding to the mnga. thought the anime is kinda harder for me to get into. That being said I still enjoy some of their movie eventhought

I say it has to be considered on its own because a lot of the previously established context would rather sour it. For instance
why the fuck isn't a single one of his high school friends helping Tomoya out in his misery?

I think it was implied that they try but consider how bad Tomoya is. I dont think it really work.

But yeah Ushio is quite good like I am watching different anime while others episode simply feel like disjoint mess

Anko

Show by rock 1
What did I just watch
I'm so confused. I was expecting Kei-on idols when I saw that OP. Then all of a sudden it becomes symphogear.

Thoraxes

I got two things as well!

(though the DtB S1 BDs got delayed till the end of this month!)

All in all I only paid $45 for both of these since I preordered so early when their listings went up.

Also no reversible cover on this S.A.V.E. edition.

2015-05-1302.45.29idq25.jpg

Rainy

Banned
Plastic Memories 06

Man that last scene after the credits gave me a chuckle. Great episode.

Also can someone clear something up for me:
The reason Kazuki stopped being Isla's partner was because her leg was injured while rescuing Michiru's father correct?

ZZ Gundam 1-23

I had heard there would be a huge tonal shift coming off of Zeta, but that was a bit much. Compounded with a lot of the previous cast suddenly becoming incompetent, the new cast being quite unlikable, and the extended periods of nothing happening, it took me a lot longer to get through this compared to when I was going through Zeta episode after episode.

At least things look to be getting a bit more serious now that they're back on Earth. And at least I'm finally starting to like Judau and the rest of his gang, although that'll depend on how much further development Beecha and Mondo get.

javac

From a guy who thought Golden Boy's art style looked really appealing just from a tiny gif with a glimpse of someone's back and an old computer. :p

Don't get me wrong though, Golden Boy does look good with standout moments of animation.
It's only a gif, but a picture speaks a thousand words, but sure belittle me you big meanie. My tastes in animation obviously differers from many others, and what what speaks to me when it comes to the aesthetics of a show may not to many others. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. My judgement hasn't betrayed me yet, because you know, I know what resonates with me. I'm no little snowflake, my tastes aren't super unique, but what draws me into a show from a visual standpoint is vast, and yeah one picture can pull me in.

Do you even know what an art director does? I imagine art director Seiki Tamura was working together with Sayo Yamamoto again after Michiko & Hatchin. In any case, the character designs are owed to Takeshi Koike who later directed the spinoff movie Lupin the IIIrd: Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone that has a really similar visual style. Fujiko Mine IIRC was plagued with a really rushed schedule and then you have Mari Okada (ughh) doing series composition.

Of course I know what an art director does, I'm not that stupid :(

TheRancor

It's only a gif, but a picture speaks a thousand words, but sure belittle me you big meanie. My tastes in animation obviously differers from many others, and what what speaks to me when it comes to the aesthetics of a show may not to many others. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. My judgement hasn't betrayed me yet, because you know, I know what resonates with me. I'm no little snowflake, my tastes aren't super unique, but what draws me into a show from a visual standpoint is vast, and yeah one picture can pull me in.
Oh of course, I understand you like what you want to like. I'm just suggesting you should look a little more into an anime first before declaring your utmost adoration or hate for it's visual style.

Of course I know what an art director does, I'm not that stupid :(
Hey, considering your comments on K-On and Lucky Star, you never know! Lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Still find it funny that iM@S was the one idol show with almost no CGI dancing (they use it a bit in the movie) when the source material is all CG dancing.

I was wondering if you guys could recommend some anime that has come out in the past few years. There's probably a huge back catalog I've missed due to the low amount I've watched thus far.

I've liked:
-Code Geass
-Full Metal Alchemist (both series)
-Soul Eater
-Cowboy Bebop
-Durarara!!
-Baccano!
-Attack on Titan
-Fate Zero (currently)

I'd try Parasyte, but there's only so much body modification gore I can take.

Guilty Crown
Valvrave
Buddy Complex
Noragami
Seraph of the End

are must watches.

Cornbread78

Plastic Memories 06

Man that last scene after the credits gave me a chuckle. Great episode.

Also can someone clear something up for me:
The reason Kazuki stopped being Isla's partner was because her leg was injured while rescuing Michiru's father correct?

Correct, but from that flashback,
it was Isla's fault, which led to the decision by Kazuki to stop working with her. They were actually showing that scene to explain why Isla was so upset and why she wouldn't open up; she thought he was going to stop being her partner as well because of the incident
excellent episode from start to finish. Very touching moments towards the end as well.

javac

Oh of course, I understand you like what you want to like. I'm just suggesting you should look a little more into an anime first before declaring your utmost adoration or hate for it's visual style.

'Utmost adoration'. Yeah okay, I said it looked cool but you know, fine the show looks like garbage, happy? Looks like dogshit. Fucking hell. The thing is, I don't like looking too much into a show prior because I hate creating preconceived notions before hand. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy at that point. I end up buying into it subconsciously. I know for a fact that I would have watched Fujiko Mine and loved it, or at least liked it, or maybe hated it, but now with negative impressions in this thread, I'm not so keen on watching it at all and will probably see all the flaws more clearly if I do. I'm an ignorance is bliss person when it comes to that kid of stuff. The show could be shit, but if I go in enthusiastic, I generally come out liking it and seeing all the good things in the show. Everyone and their mother has an opinion on anime and whenever I do read an opinion on a show, 9 times out of 10 I end up disagreeing with it or work to build my own opinion firsthand. Why look more into a show when I already like what I see? What's the harm in going into the show with just the tiniest morsels of information beforehand? If the show doesn't actually look that good or drops in quality, I'd like to experience that first hand and make my own opinion on it. Its worked for me thus far, and I'll continue to judge shows on as little as information as I can if possible. It's anime, I don't need to waste too much time to deiced what I want to watch, I'm sure I won't die if I miss out on a few great shows especially if I end up enjoying what I watch anyways unless you're interested in my portfolio, because sorry, I'm not here to impress people with my sick watch list full of the greats, I just want to watch what catches my attention regardless of others opinion on it.

Hey, considering your comments on K-On and Lucky Star, you never know! Lol
Yeah I'm really fucking stupid, even-though I can't recall ever really commenting on shows like Lucky Star and K-on apart from the one time I agreed that a stigma was attached to them that pushed people away from them and people would act negative towards them even-though they're probably not that bad shows, but sure. I'm just going to take a break from this thread, obviously too stupid to post here :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Backtracking the quotes I realise all that stemmed from a mention of A Woman Called Fujiko Mine. Seems the show claimed another victim.

R.I.P Javac ;___;

Mailbox

i finished hunter x hunter (i watched over half of it in the last 5 days :p )

I really really enjoyed it, and honestly it ended properly
you know, because its basically the end of the most recent finished arc and the end of Gin and Killua's stories

While I loved the consistency, the music, the art and the characters, there were a few things that... well... could have been better.
1. people seem to know things when they really shouldn't.
There was a point where the chimera ants started refering to the hunters as "hunters" instead of "rare humans" and how did wolfin know who the name of.... you know who.
though this happens rarely, but i did still notice it.

2. the second half of the chimera ant arc's
palace siege
was a tad to slow. a lot of nothing happened, though this is mitigated by the great characters and well done writing.

3. also what was the deal with
Gon at the end? He basically broke down and threw his life away, but when he's heals he acts the same as he was pre-Greed Island. He shows some little semblance of something when talking to Ging and Kite, but even then it felt like the actual events in the castle siege didn't matter much to him. We can see pain in killua from all that happened, but not much with Gon and that bothers me.

But other than those 3 things, this was a damn good anime. I'm surprised that the chimera ant arc was basically half the whole anime, and yet I really enjoyed it since its so tonally different from the rest of the series. Much more dark and visceral

Well, i could talk about my little nitpicks and likes and dislikes for every arc, but i'll just leave it at that. hunter x hunter is a great anime and everyone should watch it.

edit for duckroll: I'm probably considered an owl....

TheRancor

'Utmost adoration'. Yeah okay, I said it looked cool but you know, fine the show looks like garbage, happy? Looks like dogshit. Fucking hell. The thing is, I don't like looking too much into a show prior because I hate creating preconceived notions before hand. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy at that point. I end up buying into it subconsciously. I know for a fact that I would have watched Fujiko Mine and loved it, or at least liked it, or maybe hated it, but now with negative impressions in this thread, I'm not so keen on watching it at all and will probably see all the flaws more clearly if I do. I'm an ignorance is bliss person when it comes to that kid of stuff. The show could be shit, but if I go in enthusiastic, I generally come out liking it and seeing all the good things in the show. Everyone and their mother has an opinion on anime and whenever I do read an opinion on a show, 9 times out of 10 I end up disagreeing with it or work to build my own opinion firsthand. Why look more into a show when I already like what I see? What's the harm in going into the show with just the tiniest morsels of information beforehand? If the show doesn't actually look that good or drops in quality, I'd like to experience that first hand and make my own opinion on it. Its worked for me thus far, and I'll continue to judge shows on as little as information as I can if possible. It's anime, I don't need to waste too much time to deiced what I want to watch, I'm sure I won't die if I miss out on a few great shows especially if I end up enjoying what I watch anyways unless you're interested in my portfolio, because sorry, I'm not here to impress people with my sick watch list full of the greats, I just want to watch what catches my attention regardless of others opinion on it.

Yeah I'm really fucking stupid, even-though I can't recall ever really commenting on shows like Lucky Star and K-on apart from the one time I agreed that a stigma was attached to them that pushed people away from them and people would act negative towards them even-though they're probably not that bad shows, but sure. I'm just going to take a break from this thread, obviously too stupid to post here :)
Cool down dude. No need to blow up. I was just giving a suggestion and an example of thought. I never said you were stupid either, just asking whether you had knowledge on the matter. I suppose I won't reply in that manner again if it riles you up that much, I apologize.

Thoraxes

Wow that Darker than Black cover is misleading.

Her face almost doesn't even appear in the pictures on the back of the box either.

It's in the corner of 1 of 6 images on the back, where she's slumped onto Hei. Pretty funny. Couldn't pass it up for $22 though.
Wanted to get it with the soon-to-be-released S1 BDs to have a complete set despite the uh, intrigue in the second season.

Chaika 1

I feel like this is another one where I should just get off the boat now. How does AnimeGAF feel about this one?
Good fantasy anime , with one of the most rushed ending on the last 4,5 years

Still worth a watch.

Un-Go 01 Stopped like 10 minutes in, so boring.
Try to give it a little more time

Gintama° 6

Finally, Katsura has arrived. Now this season is getting interesting.

BUt kaysura was already in episode 2 !!( playing baseball )

That talk about Detective Conan reminds me of my youth, it was one of the shows I remember watching every day back when I was a little boy still living in my home country. The original Japanese material must have been already pretty far in because I legit remember watching a new episode every day. It was so good, the mystery, the drama, it had me hooked to the TV every afternoon. The fact that it's still ongoing puts a smile on my face but I wouldn't even dare to try watching every single episode that I have missed since then. I don't know if it's still as creative as it was back then, and maybe it's because I had a brain of a child, but I remember the cases actually being quite complex at times and smart. If they have kept up the quality since then, props to them!

cajunator

Banned
Niea_7 is pretty decent. I liked the soundtrack for it. Not seen Haibane, just looks really boring. Both Texhnolyze & Lain are pretty amazing however, with equally awesome soundtracks.

Man...watch Haibane. Its incredibly good. Very relaxed and mysterious series but so rewarding.

Lol. I was hoping someone would respond with this!

Question: I want to start watching the Fate series.

Obviously I start with Fate Zero. What should I start watching after that? Should I watch Fate/Stay Night (2006) or just skip it and move on to Unlimited Bladeworks?

Just watch the new Ufotable FSN UBW. Dont watch the old Deen production because its honestly pretty awful. It has been remade for good reason.

This is pretty incredible really.

So is Euphonium actually good, or is it more in line with post-Hyouka Kyoani.

Euphonium is legit but it seems to matter how much nostalgia for school band you have or at least an appreciation for creating music. Also great reaction faces.

Chaika 1

I feel like this is another one where I should just get off the boat now. How does AnimeGAF feel about this one?

Chaika really fun! Talks in broken sentences! Very Cute! Chaika good adventure story. Drive magic wagon thing. Find fathers body parts. Chaika director very car obsessed. Name everything after cars!

Red Chaika is better
S1 was okay, S2 was ehh.

Season 1 was a great story. Season two honestly lost my interest halfway but I stuck with it just to see/hear Chaika. Because she is that great.

Magic Knight Rayearth 1-8

Nice and fun fantasy adventure. Easy to enjoy. I read the manga a few years back, but I only remember the big details, and I'm pretty sure various things were changed in the anime. Umi is the best of course.

This on the other hand is a fantastic epic fantasy adventure with a little bit of everything.

Cross Ange 1

You people...

Syrinx, this show is completely awful in the most awesome way. ITs not Code GEass but oh my god it is entertaining to the max! It also has at least a couple of redeeming characters who you should soon recognize and that keeps the show from spiralling completely out of control.

I think most recent SAVE editions have reversible covers, at least they do on my Strike Witches BDs.

The bluray ones dont sometimes. Its unfortunate.

Show by rock 1
What did I just watch
I'm so confused. I was expecting Kei-on idols when I saw that OP. Then all of a sudden it becomes symphogear.

Show of the damned year thats what!!
SEriously though the production values of this show are quite good and way better than you would expect. It flows well and has an actual point. The CG is even well done!

Dont let it get to you Javac. I know exactly what you mean. Just watch what you want to. Its your enjoyment and your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom