• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dio

Banned
Well, it would be worthwhile if the MC actually had sex with any of the monster girls. We all knew it'll be a bunch of cocktease, nosebleeds and the MC running away... Nothing to "jerk it to" lol.

IIRC the original comics the author drew actually have explicit content in it, and when he created the manga he took all of it out. If you really want it, it exists.

Working!! 2 01-13

Since I for some reason never watched Season 2 and and the third one is airing this Summer I decided to give it a watch from start to finish, it's Victoria Day anyway so I had the whole day to kill. Glad I did it since now I remember all about the characters and just how much fun this series was. Looking forward to watching more in a few weeks!

Cornbread78

IIRC the original comics the author drew actually have explicit content in it, and when he created the manga he took all of it out. If you really want it, it exists.

Interesting, I wonder why he dumbed it down? Well, other than the obvious "it has to appeal to a broader audience" argument.

You people are shameless.

The MC actually has a valid reason why he can't do so early on.

Well, it would be different and something to make the "harem" genre a little different since it always the same thing over and over again, lol.

Adding a dude literally fucking a snake vagina doesn't really increase my personal interest.

This literally made me LOL in the middle of the store..

4j2q9ci1s2p.gif

Lord help me now.

That voice for her was heavenly.
Suu is perfection and highly under-rated.

Kekkai Sensen 07

Definitely one of the weaker episodes so far. I'm kinda confused as to what the hell happened towards the end of Klaus' fight with the guy. They have the weird moment and it's never brought up again. I was like "whaa?"

jbug617

Banned
Aniplex of America is putting out Persona 4: Golden on Bluray. It's going to release in 2 sets ($79.98 each).
aSmFh.jpg

Volume 1 (Ep 1-6)
Contains episodes 1-6 plus volume 1 of the original soundtrack CD, a 24-page deluxe booklet, and a postcard set.

Special Features: Textless Opening, PV & CM Collection.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles.

Volume 2 (Ep 7-12)
Contains episodes 7-12 and a bonus episode, plus volume 2 of the original soundtrack CD, a 24-page deluxe booklet, and a postcard set.

Special Features: Textless Ending.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles.
V1- http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/BFuNBNEkJNEIurSpsZ/browse/item/105553/4/0/0

V2- http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/BFuNBNEkJNEIurSpsZ/browse/item/105554/4/0/0

Andrew J.

If there's anyone here who can admit to having seen M3: The Dark Metal in its entirety, speak up so I can call you a liar.

That was a weird show. It tried to achieve the same sort of creeping dread-tone you see in the likes of Shin Sekai Yori, but it was just so plodding and drawn out it just didn't work. One of those shows that would have benefited from being much shorter and tighter.

So I was looking at the chart for what's airing next season, or at least what has been announced so far. I see a lot of stuff that I am gonna want to give a try. Good thing it's in the summer when I don't have as much of a class load lol. Some things I'm more excited for than others, but it's too early to think about it anyway. We are only halfway through the Spring season after all.

Kekkai Sensen 07

Definitely one of the weaker episodes so far. I'm kinda confused as to what the hell happened towards the end of Klaus' fight with the guy. They have the weird moment and it's never brought up again. I was like "whaa?"

The Blood Breed basically left the vicinity immediately, instead of causing havoc. The Blood Breed himself only loves having a good fight rather than causing trouble which is why he got so excited of Klaus's strength. So yeah he knocked Klaus back and left. Plus Libra won't bother chasing him because he really isn't causing any trouble and it would just waste time.

So I was looking at the chart for what's airing next season, or at least what has been announced so far. I see a lot of stuff that I am gonna want to give a try. Good thing it's in the summer when I don't have as much of a class load lol. Some things I'm more excited for than others, but it's too early to think about it anyway. We are only halfway through the Spring season after all.

Watch Gangsta when it airs in the Summer. Trust me it's one of the few anime that isn't a ecchi harem, plus the source material is really good. I mean the series even incoperates sign language.

Midonin

Tsukikage Ran 04-06

Meow was the driver of the plot in all three of these, and her infectious desire to be the hero is a lot of fun to watch. This comparison isn't perfect, and the two shows are wildly different in many other respects, but an episode involving a painter and another one involving a set of hot springs, featuring a skilled lady samurai and her overenthusastic partner... this is something I haven't really seen since Manyuu Hikenchou. I don't know if that's blasphemous or not, and Ran has basically zero fanservice while that has all the fanservice, but they're at least quasi in the same genre. Ran is a lot of fun so far. Extremely formulaic, in a fun way.

Sailor Moon (S) 106-107

Ooh, Haruka's backstory. And hell worms. And a dark-skinned girl who does track and field and likes grabbing other peoples' butts. That was a nice episode, and the music that accompanies Haruka and Michiru's transformation sequences is lovely. The Chibs episode was also cute - and had Eudial destroying a community center for no apparent reason. And everybody being mean to Usagi, but that's expected.

sonicmj1

Monster Musume is kind of cool as the story of a man who turned a bunch of fun one-off erotic comics about monster girls into a widely-serialized manga, and then into an anime, but there's not really anything interesting about the work itself besides the existence of monster girls.

Cornbread78

Monster Musume shouldn't be on my watch list, but it is (probably because I'm a disgusting piece of shit)

No worries, we all have our shameless moments. Cross Ange was no better, most likely, but we all watched it.

Do they you have a link to that summer release list?

Sound! Euphonium 03

This teacher is too fucking unsettling. Sure he's all smiles but I'm half ethat he'll suddenly go all Terence Fletcher and throw a chair at someone's head.

Watch Gangsta when it airs in the Summer. Trust me it's one of the few anime that isn't a ecchi harem, plus the source material is really good. I mean the series even incoperates sign language.
That one is actually on my list of stuff I'm interested in. The poster for it looks cool, and the PV that one of you posted here looked badass. It seems like a serious show to watch so I'm down for that. The one show I am looking forward to the most is God Eater because I love the series. Anyone that knows me or frequents the PSN Thread can tell you how many times a week I talk about how I want the second game to make it over here.
Do they you have a link to that summer release list?
http://anichart.net/summer

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Monster Musume is kind of cool as the story of a man who turned a bunch of fun one-off erotic comics about monster girls into a widely-serialized manga, and then into an anime, but there's not really anything interesting about the work itself besides the existence of monster girls.

image.php

Summer is going to more than likely not watch much new stuff, apart from Non Non Biyori S2, can't miss that can I!

Not sure what older series I'll watch next though (getting pretty close to the end of Akazukin Chacha now).

Had a good laugh at this.

I'm assuming its because none of them have female anatomy since they're fucken monster girls.

Most of them do actually.

The real reason is because
the setting in MM takes place in a world where Monster girls have only recently come out into the open to the public eye.

So while people are trying to reach a new coexistence with them, there's a cultural exchange going on where Monster girls get sent overseas to adapt into human society.

Which creates an issue because doing it with them can cause a diplomatic problem

Midonin

I'd like to know more about what Joukamachi no Dandelion is like, since it's this season's Kirara representative, but official material isn't out there in English.

Sweet, thank you. Interesting list. I almost forgot about the Dragon Warrior, oops, I mean Bikini Warriors series along with Monsters and Prison School. It will certainly be a summer of love..

Corn instead of just only watching those ecchi shows you should also consider watching Gangsta. It would definitely be a nice change of pace for you, plus the source material is really good.

Imo it's most likely gonna be better than those shows you've mentioned.

Puruzi

Banned
Sweet, thank you. Interesting list. I almost forgot about the Dragon Warrior, oops, I mean Bikini Warriors series along with Monsters and Prison School. It will certainly be a summer of love..
This summer is fucking awesome. Won't be posting images probably because i'd get shadow realm'd

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I don't get how monster girls are even a big deal. Every possible _____-girls exists already.

A lot of slice of life and romance indeed. I have just finished Working!! after leaving a whole bunch of episodes unwatched. I don't know if you have already, but you should give that show a try. It's quite funny and laid back, and season 3 is on this Summer as well.

Crocodile

I don't get how monster girls are even a big deal. Every possible _____-girls exists already.

The worst part is that the manga uses the safest, most boring and pedestrian interpretations of these concepts ever (maybe not EVER but the manga certainly doesn't do anything interesting with them)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Are there booze girls? Vodka-tan, Whiskey-chan, etc. I assume these already exist.

Cornbread78

Corn instead of just only watching those ecchi shows you should also consider watching Gangsta. It would definitely be a nice change of pace for you, plus the source material is really good.
Imo it's most likely gonna be better than those shows you've mentioned.

I'll probably check it out this summer along with the other ones. They are all different experiences to hopefully enjoy.

I saw a romcom in thete as well to check out.

Summer of sweaty heaving over keyboards.

Lol.

This summer is fucking awesome. Won't be posting images probably because i'd get shadow realm'd

True, posting images should be done at a minimum, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom