• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Love Live! ep. 2-END:
Ok, so as promised, I went through the entire first season. It was your typical school drama, but with idols instead of sports or other activities. The characters all had pretty good personalities. I don't know who would be voting for team Niko anyhow? Meh... I don't think I have a favorite, but still, Niko is a tsundare, ugghh. The ending was sweet with the added drama, but I'm glad it worked out the way it did, although, I would have changed the wcript just a little bit, lol.

They got you too Cornbread? ;_;
I'll never watch an idol show, never understood the popularity behind it lol

ibyea

Banned
Whether or not the ending of rebellion tied up the series with a pretty bow is kind of irrelevant and would have been boring. The way it ended seems much closer to how Homura would have responded and what she would have done. She has always come off as selfish and self interested and I got that vibe even from the series. It was the natural way it could end IMO. Also fits the dark narrative of the entire show and the tone.

Pretty much why I am unwilling to dismiss the ending as garbage. After everything she has been through, and
learning the wrong lesson in time loop 3, even if understandable
, she totally would do this. The movie's ending makes sense.

cajunator

Banned
This is only the prelude. Another is essentially
Final Destination: The Anime

its Final Destination: the comedy

Will watch.

Jeremy never liked motorcycles though.

So true. Remember the Vietnam episode?
Or the Ariel Atom review?

Suu a best

Good man.

This is so sterile and limp that I actually hate that it exists. I hate that anyone could possibly anticipate this. I hate anime.

You're silly mr dimb.

Love Live! ep. 2-END:
Ok, so as promised, I went through the entire first season. It was your typical school drama, but with idols instead of sports or other activities. The characters all had pretty good personalities. I don't know who would be voting for team Niko anyhow? Meh... I don't think I have a favorite, but still, Niko is a tsundare, ugghh. The ending was sweet with the added drama, but I'm glad it worked out the way it did, although, I would have changed the wcript just a little bit, lol.

Jesus due slow down! You are inhaling anime like a crazy sponge vacuum thing.
Also Nico is the best, sorry. She is so grumpy and huggable and lovable.

It's Toei. I didn't think there was reason to worry about Digimon based on the promotion and art. Now, one meltdown later, I want to make sure no one follows in my footsteps. Toei will pull something. Friends don't let friends get hyped by Toei.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm not exactly hyped for Dragon Ball Super. I'm more curious, if anything else to see how the story will continue while at the same time retconning GT even moreso than the movies do.

I'm more hyped to see the Frieza movie because this awesome song is set to play during a big fight scene.

Hey, believe me, I'm not the biggest fan of Toei either. Gaiking could have been so much better if it wasn't for its animation. I mean, UGH.

So true. Remember the Vietnam episode?
Or the Ariel Atom review?

Yep, Jeremy's face from the Atom Review is unforgettable! I used to watch Top Gear all the time (even watching the repeats on Dave sometimes). My favourite challenge was when they made their own police cars, Jeremy's police siren from the ice cream van cracked me up when I first watched it!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
YES

RPOeq77.jpg

TOP GEAR LIVES MOTHERFUCKERS

Stig-chan is mai waifu

I do need to fill the Top Gear sized hole in my heart.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
:O

OH MY GOD I WANT TO SEE THIS

Nothing says ambitious but rubbish like moe schoolgirls arguing about motorcycles.

its Final Destination: the comedy

This is would also true but FD is already a comedy

I do need to fill the Top Gear sized hole in my heart.

And what better way than cute schoolgirls. Take note BBC.

They do need a new job...

EXACTLY. If they did the dub, that shit would sell like hotcakes. Sentai, you listening?

Monmosu PV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikzH2JraY7U

Designs for the 3 new characters VA were leaked for

This is so sterile and limp that I actually hate that it exists. I hate that anyone could possibly anticipate this. I hate anime.

While I haven't quite reached that point I must admit that the PV looks pretty bad. It's just appears to be really stiff and bland which presumably isn't what the audience is looking for.

Let me sign that, too.

When you hear about this supposedly oh so fantastic ecchi manga and then see this blandest of trailers. Meh.

The character design certainly screams generic, and that's with animal parts.

I'm a sucker so even if this ends up being bad or mediocre I won't mind too much.
And Prison School is the oh so fantastic one.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well, people enjoyed Battle of Gods, and I think that new Frieza movie is shaping up to be pretty good.

I don't think we really need to worry too much about this.

Toei movies are typically exempt from the production problems that plague their TV series because the more relaxed production timetable allows them to better allocate time and talent; properties like DBZ and One Piece more so because their recent movies aren't churned out on a rigid annual cycle like Precure. I hate to keep being a pessimist, but I wouldn't take Battle of Gods' generally positive reception as an indication that a new DBZ TV series will receive similar care.

Happiness Charge TV

0p13W0Gl.jpg

Happiness Charge movie

gXqY4DIl.jpg

Articalys

I'm really glad I mostly quit anime for this season. It means the only things I'm watching are Jojo, which has remained a decent adaptation as it closes in on the finale, and Kiniro Mosaic, which is on the verge of becoming one of my favorite slice-of-life comedies of all time.
Well, technically I'm watching that otaku husband short anime on Thursdays too, but it barely counts.

Wish I could have gone to ACEN last weekend to see the Scandal concert (and get closer to finishing my 3DS Puzzle Swap), but more important things interfered, sadly.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Wish I could have gone to ACEN last weekend to see the Scandal concert (and get closer to finishing my 3DS Puzzle Swap), but more important things interfered, sadly.
I didn't realize you lived around the area. I think about going most years but then I remember I don't like being around people or having fun.

Cornbread78

Chobits ep. 9-13:
Some very interesting arcs build into these episodes, but not much for plot developement. Chi is slowely learing more, but that's about it.

jbug617

Banned
Sentai announces Sentai Selects. These will be budget releases like Funimation's SAVE releases.
http://www.sentaifilmworks.com/news/sentai-filmworks-launches-sentai-selects

First release will be Appleseed

HOUSTON, May 18, 2015 – Sentai Filmworks is proud to introduce an exciting new line of products that provides fans with essential programming with a budget conscience experience.

Sentai Selects™ will showcase anime that have withstood the test of time to remain popular and memorable works of their genre. A wide variety of titles have been included in the line to assure that something fresh and different is available for every release, while also being curated specifically to give fans an opportunity to discover new experiences without breaking the bank. This new line of titles will offer reversible cover artwork and other features where applicable.

“The Sentai Selects line was created for those who have recently become interested in anime and wish to expand their libraries with classic shows, as well as those who may have missed their chance to own these titles during their first run”, said David Del Rio, Vice President of Sentai Filmworks. “Our hope is to provide an ideal situation where both new and old fans alike can enjoy these must own anime at an affordable entry price.”

The debut release will be the sci-fi action movie Appleseed and will include enhanced Blu-ray audio and double-sided cover artwork.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah. I wish it was on bluray. Maybe they release it later on.

hopefully. Thats why I dont have it yet :/

You did good because that OST is fucking incredible.

Oh my god yes. https://youtu.be/nEOu6RqGXYI

Chobits ep. 9-13:
Some very interesting arcs build into these episodes, but not much for plot developement. Chi is slowely learing more, but that's about it.

Show is about to kick into gear. A lot of 90s and early 2000s anime really kind of just sucked air for 13 episodes before the main plot kicked in. It does go somewhere interesting though.

Jex

So, I'm watch The Vision of Escaflowne right now and I really wish that I liked the show, but I just can't bring myself to accept it's awful writing.

For context, I watched Escaflowne quite some time ago but I had forgotten about basically everything beyond the basics. It may well have been the case that I wasn't paying close attention the first time I watched the show. As a result, this basically feels like it's my first time experiencing the material.

On one hand, the show looks stunning. As in, one of the best TV anime that I've ever seen in my life. Nearly everything about the show, in fact, is great. The design work, the background art, the animation, the score, it's all fantastic. Stupendous. Beautiful.

But the script. I just can't bring deal with how bad it is. I'm going to probably finish the entire series before fully tearing it down but the problems are obvious almost immediately and I don't know why this particular element of the production was so bungled.

I mean, I guess the answer is don't let Kawamori write your story and/or handle the script, at all. Maybe just let him come up with the general idea and then remove him from the rest of the project.

Cornbread78

Show is about to kick into gear. A lot of 90s and early 2000s anime really kind of just sucked air for 13 episodes before the main plot kicked in. It does go somewhere interesting though.

I watched halfway through ep.14 and the teacher just
slept over for the night
He keeps having weird dreams, day dreams and black outs. It's hard to tell the difference between reality and dream/imagination at this point, lol. Oh, Chi did buy the second book that is obviously foreshadowing more events, but it didn't make sense. Also, what's up with Chi waking up hanging from the roof?

Jarmel

Banned
So, I'm watch The Vision of Escaflowne right now and I really wish that I liked the show, but I just can't bring myself to accept it's awful writing.

For context, I watched Escaflowne quite some time ago but I had forgotten about basically everything beyond the basics. It may well have been the case that I wasn't paying close attention the first time I watched the show. As a result, this basically feels like it's my first time experiencing the material.

On one hand, the show looks stunning. As in, one of the best TV anime that I've ever seen in my life. Nearly everything about the show, in fact, is great. The design work, the background art, the animation, the score, it's all fantastic. Stupendous. Beautiful.

But the script. I just can't bring deal with how bad it is. I'm going to probably finish the entire series before fully tearing it down but the problems are obvious almost immediately and I don't know why this particular element of the production was so bungled.

I mean, I guess the answer is don't let Kawamori write your story and/or handle the script, at all. Maybe just let him come up with the general idea and then remove him from the rest of the project.

I remember having tons of issues with the script in Escaflowne. Stuff like the villains kept getting away for example (been so long I can barely remember stuff so might be wrong on this).

The love triangle nonsense also made me grit my teeth.

phaze

I remeber having tons of issues with the script in Escaflowne. Stuff like the villains kept getting away for example (been so long I can barely remember stuff so might be wrong on this).

The love triangle nonsense also made me grit my teeth.

I liked the conclusion but before that rolled in, it was just plain terrible.

Dilandau best character.

Does anyone know what the new Ghost in the Shell series is in relation to the Arise movies? Does it take place after? Is it a remake of the films?

Are there only 3 Arise films and then this series?

Mature

Does anyone know what the new Ghost in the Shell series is in relation to the Arise movies? Does it take place after? Is it a remake of the films?

Are there only 3 Arise films and then this series?
If you're referring to Alternative Architecture it's just eight episodes of re-edited stuff from Arise with the last two episodes being new content.

how do you get more budget than every sentai release already is
A CD-R in a paper sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom