• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
how do you get more budget than every sentai release already is

uFkcalil.jpg

Squishy3

UMD is the future, man. You don't even know.

Sony shot themselves in the foot when they announced the Vita wouldn't play UMD movies. I don't care about PSP backwards compatibility, I need to watch my Cowboy Bebop the Movie UMD on that gorgeous OLED screen.

Toei movies are typically exempt from the production problems that plague their TV series because the more relaxed production timetable allows them to better allocate time and talent; properties like DBZ and One Piece more so because their recent movies aren't churned out on a rigid annual cycle like Precure. I hate to keep being a pessimist, but I wouldn't take Battle of Gods' generally positive reception as an indication that a new DBZ TV series will receive similar care.

Happiness Charge TV

0p13W0Gl.jpg

Happiness Charge movie

gXqY4DIl.jpg
Basically they can make it look like a competent TV production.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If there's anyone here who can admit to having seen M3: The Dark Metal in its entirety, speak up so I can call you a liar.

If there's anyone here who can admit to having seen M3: The Dark Metal in its entirety, speak up so I can call you a liar.

I don't see why not. I thought it was fairly decent.

It did take a while to get going, but I thought it was pretty interesting once it did.

I watched like 5 episodes. It was just an ugly show that looked like it fell out of the 90s, and not in a good way.

DTL finished it I know that, but I think he also finished Nobunaga the Fool and Buddy Complex. The secrets that man must know that nobody else does

What's the protocol on claiming the making of OTs? I want to call dibs on Bakuon!!, plzkthxbai

There's an OT for OTs on Gaming Community. I didn't post there to make the Soma and Death Parade OT because no one claimed those and they aren't super important.

Theonik

how do you get more budget than every sentai release already is
They give you the disk in a paper sleeve and then you complete surveys using codes hidden in the episodes. Once completing them all you make back the price you paid for the release and some change.

I watched like 5 episodes. It was just an ugly show that looked like it fell out of the 90s, and not in a good way.

DTL finished it I know that, but I think he also finished Nobunaga the Fool and Buddy Complex. The secrets that man must know that nobody else does

There's an OT for OTs on Gaming Community. I didn't post there to make the Soma and Death Parade OT because no one claimed those and they aren't super important.

Say what you want but Buddy Complex was actually good to average. It was pretty much the only decent Mecha that aired in 2014. Dont hate on that show friend.

Squishy3

I never had a PSP, were UMD's as bad as the SpongeBob episodes on GBA carts
Holy shit I forgot those were even a thing. I think they're better quality than those. UMDs can hold a maximum of 1.8GB of data. They had awful compression though, so they still looked pretty terrible.

I'm not joking about having a copy of Cowboy Bebop the Movie on UMD. I might pop it in just to see if the quality is as bad as I remember it being.

Midonin

Crunchyroll (and Funi, etc.) doesn't start announcements until the new season is much closer to starting. Like a week or two before. Getting deals sealed takes time - and most of the summer shows don't even have airdates in Japan yet, much less for simulcasting.

Squishy3

So it doesn't look totally terrible. I suppose it depends on the company for the quality of the compression.

It also looks better when it's not through the lens of an iPhone. I got it for free, so I can't exactly complain about the quality of it. The funniest thing is it's on Japanese language by default with subtitles turned off.

And thus, my little adventure back into the world of UMD movies is over. :p The little colored lines you can see on Faye's face also aren't noticeable when looking through your own eyes.

Mandelbo

I did it!

I finished Ojamajo Doremi S1, and it was utterly fantastic! This was probably the first anime I've seen that's both longer than 26 episodes and that has managed to keep my attention the whole way through. I'll probably do a more detailed writeup of my thoughts some point this week, but as it stands this is probably one of my favourite animes ever right now and I'm not gonna waste any time getting into Sharp!

Cornbread78

Crunchyroll (and Funi, etc.) doesn't start announcements until the new season is much closer to starting. Like a week or two before. Getting deals sealed takes time - and most of the summer shows don't even have airdates in Japan yet, much less for simulcasting.

Too early for announcements

It probably will. It's a safe bet.

As for Prison School who knows.

Got it, Thank You. I remember the spring ones coming really late as well, just wasn't sure if it is the norm since this is still my first full season watching anime, lol.

Got it, Thank You. I remember the spring ones coming really late as well, just wasn't sure if it is the norm since this is still my first full season watching anime, lol.

International streaming contracts get finished late mostly due to how cheap the NA market is for rights, which puts it at a lower priority than settling things in the domestic market where most of the money is made.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why would anyone not want to jerk it to monster girls?

What is this I'm reading???

Syrinx

I did it!

I finished Ojamajo Doremi S1, and it was utterly fantastic! This was probably the first anime I've seen that's both longer than 26 episodes and that has managed to keep my attention the whole way through. I'll probably do a more detailed writeup of my thoughts some point this week, but as it stands this is probably one of my favourite animes ever right now and I'm not gonna waste any time getting into Sharp!
The sequel seasons are all even better than the first one.

Cornbread78

This seems really dull if you don't want to jerk it to monster girls, don't see what separates it from other haremshit.

Well, it would be worthwhile if the MC actually had sex with any of the monster girls. We all knew it'll be a bunch of cocktease, nosebleeds and the MC running away... Nothing to "jerk it to" lol.

Haly

I agree monster boys is a yet untapped reservoir of smut and lewd.

jgminto

Well, it would be worthwhile if the MC actually had sex with any of the monster girls. We all knew it'll be a bunch of cocktease, nosebleeds and the MC running away... Nothing to "jerk it to" lol.

Adding a dude literally fucking a snake vagina doesn't really increase my personal interest.

You got to marry one first according to interspecies rules or some shit

Maybe if it were monster boys.

I agree monster boys is a yet untapped reservoir of smut and lewd.

There was that mermaid guy in my bathtub show

I wonder how many casualties the summer thread will have.

Hopefully few!

You people are shameless.

The MC actually has a valid reason why he can't do so early on.

Haly

The MC is college aged too if you're into grandfathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom