• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan 01

This is going to be a good season for megane.

There were a few jokes and references to Haruhi and I'm not sure I like the animation style yet compared to Haruhi but otherwise a decent episode.

I don't understand why this exists? Why not just make more Haruhi....

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you wanna finish it tonight before reset, I can get on. I know you <3 Atheon ( •&#768;&#969;•&#769; )

p.s I did send a msg about that but guess it didnt went through..

p.s.s sorry for the de-rail as well D:
Noooooo. lol

Lol, I'very been on hiatus from Destiny GAF since Type-0 launched, I'll be back for Den of Wolves.

1 hour to Episode #8.....
There's no reason to play Destiny any more. AnimeGAF went from like 10 players to none. lol

Noooooo. lol

There's no reason to play Destiny any more. AnimeGAF went from like 10 players to none. lol
No what? And says the guy who still plays the most out of the group still :p

Lol, I'very been on hiatus from Destiny GAF since Type-0 launched, I'll be back for Den of Wolves.

1 hour to Episode #8.....
Firehawk12 is the last remaining Guardian for our raid-ish group :p

De-railed again..Why do you always cause me to de-rail threads firehawk12 D:

I am out but once again thanks for some suggestions. Pretty sure he will like them :)

Midonin

Disappearance of Yuki Nagato 01

Sure, it's a spinoff fanfic set in an alternate universe that just seems ripe for those sorts of things even without it being an authorized doujiin - but fanfic is as much a cultural force as anything else. Like what I just finished watching - Pretear took a few Grimm fairy tales, modernized them, made the dwarves hot guys - and fan interpretations define about 75% of what makes KanColle and Cinderella Girls tick.

So I ask of thou this question. If Haruhi had a spin-off focusing almost entirely on the sci-fi aspects, taking the high school romcom out of the equation, would that also be deviating from the tone as this one is? Because part of the appeal of the original Haruhi was the combination of those elements, but just the romcom element in itself?

Well, you have a show where there's a clear couple from the start. Lots of people like that. And like Kyon, I may possibly have a belly button fetish. I'm okay with this, let's see where it goes.

Btw, the music from Bakemonogatari is far superior to it's predecessor. I missed the closing tune right away at the end of Nisemonogatari ep.1

Best supercell album. I've listened to it a few hundred times lol.

To sate megane fans? I know the Haruhi LN are finished so there is no merchandise to sell. I'm not sure if that is the same for the Nagato manga.

not good games!

Firehawk doesn't play good games.

Alright animeGAF, my friend is currently getting into anime. He tends to enjoy "dark anime with fighting and a tad bit romance" as he mention to me. Here are some anime he did enjoy: Sword Art Online, Ga-Rei Zero, Guilty Crown, Elfen Lied, Fate/Stay Night. I recommend to him Tokyo Ghoul and Parastyle. Any suggestions?
feel like animeGAF doesnt like some of his taste, but each their own! :)

Hey firehawk12....
Poi poi

Yes Guilty Crown love.

[C] Control
Valvrave
Aldnoah.Zero
The Irregular at Magic High School
The Devil is a Part Timer

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan Episode 1

Why couldnt they make anime to Kyon and Koizumi spinoff adventures. It would have been much better. Hard to get into the show since Kyon is not Kyon anymore. I miss best Kyon, we had went through all of endless eight together. I dont know this dude anymore, bring him back please.
tumblr_mgp9hoO5f81qbxqfpo1_1280.png

Did they change Kyon's personality or is DTL DTL'ing?

Kyon is certainly less prominent in Nagato-chan. He is not the main protagonist so his quips are usually spoken this time around. As for his personality I'd say it remains largely the same.

If I really had fun with Saekano, would Shiro bake be worth a view?

They're nothing alike but Shirobako is a good anime unlike Saekano.

All of the characters are more grounded now. But you also don't get the self-narration anymore since it's about Nagato.

Kyon is certainly less prominent in Nagato-chan. He is not the main protagonist so his quips are usually spoken this time around. As for his personality I'd say it remains largely the same.

the only reason I cared about Haruhi was because Kyon was this extremely cynical bro that I clicked with. If the above is true I have no reason to watch this.

Because this is an ongoing manga with new material unlike the novels. Kadokawa Shoten makes anime in order to promote their print titles. Always have and always will. The last Haruhi novel was released in 2011 and in 2007 before that. With nothing to promote, there's no reason to make an adaptation to sell novels that already have the highest per-volume amount for any light novel. The market is saturated.

Why couldnt they make anime to Kyon and Koizumi spinoff adventures. It would have been much better. Hard to get into the show since Kyon is not Kyon anymore. I miss best Kyon, we had went through all of endless eight together. I dont know this dude anymore, bring him back please.

I'd like to point this out to you. It's a collection of stories focusing on Kyon and Koizumi.

javac

I forgot last weeks releases because I was busy, sorry about that. This is this weeks releases, for 04/07/15.

04/07/15
Durarara!! Complete [AoA]
Run Time: 624 min
Audio: English: LPCM 2.0 (48kHz, 16-bit)/Japanese: LPCM 2.0
Subtitles: English
Format: BD
Price: Price @ rightstuf.com: $129.98
fO5qVGk.jpg
Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie -Rebellion- [AoA]
Run Time: 116 min
Audio: Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0/English: DTS 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish
Format: BD/CD LE
Price: Price @ rightstuf.com: $69.98
ALFZN9L.jpg
Black Butler: Season 1 {Anime Classics} [Funimation]
Run Time: 600 min
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1/Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Format: BD/DVD
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $28.75
YziYD84m.jpg
Tokyo Ravens Part 1 [Funimation]
Run Time:
Audio: TBA
Subtitles: NA
Format: BD/DVD
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $40.23
DBnT2PYm.jpg

04/10/15
Denki-Gai Vol.1 [Pony Canyon]
Run Time: 100 min
Audio: Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Format: BD/DVD LE
Price: Price @ rightstuf.com: $71.98
kylhnxRm.jpg
Yuki Yuna is a Hero Vol. 1 [Pony Canyon]
Run Time: 100 min
Audio: Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0/English: Dolby Digital 2.0
Format: BD/DVD LE
Price: Price @ rightstuf.com: $71.98
BLZhMJcm.jpg

DVD
04/07/15
.hack//Legend of Twilight: Complete Collection [Funimation]
Run Time: 300 min
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 2.0 (192kbps)/Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Format: DVD
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $25.99
uijquWFm.jpg
One Piece: Season 6 Part 4 [Funimation]
Run Time: 325 min
Audio: English, Japanese
Subtitles:English
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $24.94
tflowUVm.jpg
She The Ultimate Weapon: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Run Time: 375 min
Audio:
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $25.99
qScUHs8m.jpg
Looking Up at the Half-Moon: Complete Collection [TRSI]
Run Time: 150 min
Audio: Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $19.99
cQdc2Bzm.jpg
The Rose of Versailles Part 2 [TRSI]
Run Time: 480 min
Audio:
Price: Price @ rightstuf.com: $29.99
7a2cruCm.jpg
Dear Brother: Box 2 [animesols]
Run Time:
Audio: Japanese
Price: Price @ rightstuf.com: $44.99
DbP4qgDm.jpg
Dear Brother: Box 3 [animesols]
Run Time:
Audio: Japanese
Price: Price @ rightstuf.com: $44.99
1gubpbfm.jpg

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Because this is an ongoing manga with new material unlike the novels. Kadokawa Shoten makes anime in order to promote their print titles. Always have and always will. The last Haruhi novel was released in 2011 and in 2007 before that. With nothing to promote, there's no reason to make an adaptation to sell novels that already have the highest per-volume amount for any light novel. The market is saturated.

I'd like to point this out to you. It's a collection of stories focusing on Kyon and Koizumi.

It's a shame because I imagine a Haruhi anime that covers more of the light novels woukd be quite successful. The last series was so unfulfilling.... :(

I'll meet you halfway and say that at least the show isn't focused on that useless moe fuck.

Read Intrigues. It's one of the better novels in the series and gives a lot of focus on Mikuru for the better. Sadly Kadokawa didn't want to adapt the series that actually gave Mikuru depth to cater to the Nagato-brigade (I'm pretty much anti-Nagato).

We all know Koizumi's the best character anyways. Sad Altima Ace got cancelled and ruined his spinoff.

It's a shame because I imagine a Haruhi anime that covers more of the light novels woukd be quite successful. The last series was so unfulfilling.... :(

Well, it's quite nice that the novels are fully translated and waiting for you to read them! They're even available digitally through Google Play/Amazon Kindle/Nook!

Ventara

Outbreak Company Episode 1

So let me get this straight; MC simply fills out an ad-type questionnaire filled with overly simple "anime" questions, gets offered job interview, goes to said interview, gets drugged, teleported to mysterious land, finds out he's been roped into being an ambassador for magical land discovered through a recently found super secret portal, told he needs to teach everyone in magic land "otaku culture" because he's an "expert," and with absolutely no experience or knowledge of the land will be meeting the Queen the following day? All because he filled out an online questionnaire correctly?

Eh, honestly, I think I prefer this over a more dragged out introduction. Gets straight to the point. Thanks to the quick pace, what probably would've been a boring episode was enjoyable. The MCs obsession with otaku stuff and being in a land that's basically a real-life version of it is comical, not to mention I have a soft spot for the modern-day-MC-gets-teleported-to-magical-land trope. Animation is nice, too. This could be a good show. Fingers crossed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Melancholy lost relevance to me as soon as Nagato took off her glasses. (Not really)
(But true).
I'll meet you halfway and say that at least the show isn't focused on that useless moe fuck.
She's in it too... but she actually isn't a moeblob. lol

I forgot last weeks releases because I was busy, sorry about that. This is this weeks releases, for 04/07/15.

DVD
Oh hey, Oniisama e~ finally came out. AnimeSOLS is real! lol

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Read Intrigues. It's one of the better novels in the series and gives a lot of focus on Mikuru for the better. Sadly Kadokawa didn't want to adapt the series that actually gave Mikuru depth to cater to the Nagato-brigade (I'm pretty much anti-Nagato).

We all know Koizumi's the best character anyways. Sad Altima Ace got cancelled and ruined his spinoff.

Well, it's quite nice that the novels are fully translated and waiting for you to read them! They're even available digitally through Google Play/Amazon Kindle/Nook!
I already read them though... T_T

I just want them animated.

Hum let me try :

Ky : " what are you doing koizumi ?"
Kz : " Nothing , i'm just intrested in how you react"
Ky : " Tsk, as long as you don't wear a ponytail, you can't charm me"
Kz : " I know , but i'm trying other ways just in case"
Ky : " W- what ??"

Hum ...not sure if i want.

Plastic Memories 1

What a way to start a show. I really like the art style and story they're going for. This is definitely the show that caught me off guard just like Your Lie in April did last season.

Also I knew I recognized the art style. This made by the people who made Engaged to the Unidentified and Nozaki-kun: Dogakobo

Edit: This show is probably gonna destroy me. One episode in and I'm already getting sad. ;_;

Plastic Memories 1

What a way to start a show. I really like the art style and story they're going for. This is definitely the show that caught me off guard just like Your Lie in April did last season.

Also I knew I recognized the art style. This made by the people who made Engaged to the Unidentified and Nozaki-kun: Dogakobo

If you like this then be sure to also check out Steins;Gate as the guy who wrote its visual novel is writing this.

Hugstable

Banned
What are some good anime this season? I just resubbed my Crunchy Roll after not having watched anything last season either, and wanted some animes to watch and catch up on during my break right now.

What are some good anime this season? I just resubbed my Crunchy Roll after not having watched anything last season either, and wanted some animes to watch and catch up on during my break right now.

On Crunchyroll?

Things coming back:
Gintama
Kinmoza
Nisekoi

Plastic Memories and Food Wars have gotten some buzz but I personally haven't looked into them.

If you want to watch what looks to be the anime of forever, look no further than Show by Rock!. (On Funimation, not CR)

If you like this then be sure to also check out Steins;Gate as the guy who wrote its visual novel is writing this.

Goddammit, Nintendoman! What's it gonna be: Ef or Steins;Gate?

Your Lie in April was pretty amazing from last season.

I am hearing good things about Food Wars. Checking that out now.

Up in the air for KyoAni's new show.

Fate/Stay Night had a decent opening but not an amazing one, though I expect that to slowly change with the ufotable fight scenes sure to impress.

Plastic Memories started off very well and I look forward to seeing where it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom