• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Food Wars 02

Well it was a bit better than the first episode. Hopefully that keeps up. Is the next one going to be tsun-centric too ? Not sure if I have it in me to wait for the entire cast to be established.

Unless something drastically changes with the anime, Erina's screentime will be next to nil for the rest of the series minus a few peeps here and there.

phaze

Unless something drastically changes with the anime, Erina's screentime will be next to nil for the rest of the series minus a few peeps here and there.

Oh good. Thought that ending implied a repeat of the test or something.

Yay at Soul of Gold getting picked by CR. Won't have to suffer through those Toei ads again.

Droplet

Figured I loved the soundtrack for Katanagatari so much I should finally take the time and start watching.

Katanagatari 1-3

I'm liking this, but the opposition sure seems a lot more likeable than the leads. I feel bad every time they end up-

Katanagatari 4

what

Evangelion 1-6

I was told the movies were good so I should know the plot of this beforehand. Never one to wimp out by watching a clipshow I ended up starting the series instead.

I feel like Shinji is a relateable character and I am displeased by the actions of the people around him. It is my understanding that many people feel that Shinji should just get in the robot, but I'm more impressed with him choosing to get back in the robot after everything that happens to him when he's in it. Being only 6 episodes in, I wonder if I just haven't seen enough or if I have too much patience.

cajunator

Banned
Millhiore is too cute. That hngghh-murdering smile is deadly.

The nendoroid is moenuke tier class 5 warfare.
u5Bim6s.jpg

I feel like Shinji is a relateable character and I am displeased by the actions of the people around him. It is my understanding that many people feel that Shinji should just get in the robot, but I'm more impressed with him choosing to get back in the robot after everything that happens to him when he's in it. Being only 6 episodes in, I wonder if I just haven't seen enough or if I have too much patience.

Welcome to the club of good taste.

cajunator

Banned
No Game No Life ep.1-2
Ok, first two episodes are awesome. The protagonist is a mix between Shiroe and Araragi. With his cool confidence, but awkward nature. I'm very interested to see where this one goes. This is gonna be good! I'll catch up more on it tomorrow, but it's Type-0 time. Good rec so far guys.

Yeah its pretty legit, but you havent really seen the fun parts yet!

Lol, my PS4 is gonna hate me if I keep blowing it off for anime, lol.

Play anime blurays on it and it will be happy again!

:(

Well something got to replace boob hole sweaters....

At least that stupid trend has died down. Honestly Hestia is better than that.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh oh god

Well it has a lot of lolis in it. A LOT.

phaze

Not sure what you mean by live (airing this season?), but give 'Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun' a watch if you haven't already.

I imagine he means shows with real actors.

Speaking of which, I checked out the Crunchy line-up for the first time and there's apparently Mirai Nikki live version. Someone pls watch it and post impressions.

I imagine he means shows with real actors.

Speaking of which, I checked out the Crunchy line-up for the first time and there's apparently Mirai Nikki live version. Someone pls watch it and post impressions.

Wow, I didn't even realize this existed on Chrunchy

anyone recommend any of the live dramas/comedy on crunchyroll?

I really enjoyed "High School Entrance Exam", "Antiquarian Bookshop Biblia's Case Files", and "Liar Game." The first is actually almost entirely told from the point of view of the adults rather than the teenagers and I found it a fascinating mystery tale. Biblia is a weekly mystery surrounding a book. For example, the second episode tries to solve "why would someone steal a book if not to read/sell it?" Lastly, Liar Game is game theory personified with someone incredibly pure-hearted and a swindler.

Ore Monogatari!! - 01

A well-trodden story with a twist thrown in it, with decent direction and pace. You can see what's is going to happen, but it's nice to see it happening.

Best anime of the season. Though it doesn't mean a lot with this season quality...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So Denpa Kyoushi is a GTO clone with an otaku protagonist instead of a cool yankee-looking tough guy protagonist, to the point where the second episode not only features a fake
sex scandal photo
but the premise of the anime is changed when
he leaves the school he's temporarily assigned to before moving to another school
. It's uncanny, but I guess it's different enough that no one got sued I suppose.

Beyond being a GTO clone, it is also making the oddest anime references:
D4vyTuul.jpg

Jm4GDpwl.jpg

qEwo1Nol.jpg

A Fractale joke in 2015? What? lol

Evangelion 1-6

I was told the movies were good so I should know the plot of this beforehand. Never one to wimp out by watching a clipshow I ended up starting the series instead.

I also ever understood all the "Shinji, get in the robot!" cries. The kid is 14 years old and very introverted with a problematic past. Personally I think Shinji is the most believable portrayal of kid pilots of super robots.

And you made the right choice with watching the TV series first. While the Rebuild movies are enjoyable and well made, they sacrifice a lot of the quieter character moments. They also play with the expectations of the viewers that are familiar with the tv series.
And make sure to watch the 1996 movie "End of Evangelion" after you're done with the tv series. it is a sort of alternate/extended ending.

cajunator

Banned
FINALLY Yuuki Yuuna/Denki Gai sets shipped. Still not sure why some people get theirs a few days earlier. I pretty much preorder as soon as its available.
Oh well at least its coming!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I also ever understood all the "Shinji, get in the robot!" cries. The kid is 14 years old and very introverted with a problematic past. Personally I think Shinji is the most believable portrayal of kid pilots of super robots.
Shinji's strength as a character is that he resists the narrative the hero myth. Well, that and all the Oedipal/Daddy issues that inform his decisions.

CDiggity

Ninaj Slayer will be "2 cour", because each episode only have 15 mins

http://www.ninjaslayer-animation.com/news/150411_04.html

I see no problem with this. For all intents and purposes, this is pretty much a web-series rather than a TV anime, and this allows it to do its craziness and then leave before overstaying its welcome.

In fact, I was kind of expecting something like this (or even shorter episodes) since it was revealed that the Inferno Cop director was heading it.

Midonin

Re-Kan! 02

Such a peaceful show. It's a different take on Japan's spiritual culture, and the end montage of Hiibki helping out all of her ghost friends was pretty heartwarming.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Yahari ore no Too 2
8man pulled another Batman. He really is the hero we need but not the one we deserve

Shokugeki no Soma 2

Erina is so tsundere and i forgot how that scene with Hishako is so yuritastic. She failed Soma because her pride, so screw her.

Seraph of the End Episode 2
CCUTgVQUsAAt2D4.jpg
CCUUSZFUgAEvUBq.jpg

Ah Yoichi got a great voice, reminds me of Jirai from Inou Battle and Theo from Hamatora. Its such a perfect voice for his character and his role. Its so friendly. And on friends, the friendship levels are so high in this I love it, from Yu and Mika moments holding each other faces in the OP, to their hand in hand in the ED, and then Yoichi and Yu all episode with Gurens task, it was lovely.

Its such a great adaptation and seeing all my favorite scenes animated is a dream come true. Some of the angles chosen though were hilarious, like the lowerbody part when Yoichi was squirming around on top of Yu.

Good battle too, never noticed Yu switching the swords like that in the manga. I hope the future fights get as much creative input into them.

Best OP and ED songs of the season.

Shokugeki no Soma - 02

This...was actually the good kind of dumb fun. Better than the first episode and I'd definitely appreciate this slightly toned down frequency of foodgasm.

Cornbread78

Don't watch black bullet . It's NOT a normal story , heck it's not a happy story.All you'll fell after a couple of episode is anger toward the human race

Oh, so maybe not a comedy then.. umm, yeah, I don't want to hate humanity...

Yeah its pretty legit, but you havent really seen the fun parts yet!

Well it has a lot of lolis in it. A LOT.

So I have a lot to look forward to then, sweet!

@the whole "loli" thing:
I actually find it kinda detestfull how they sexual depicted children in some of the stuff I've watched over the past month+, especially as a father of girls that age. Luckily, I am able to compartmentalize it from real life and enjoy the medium as a whole still, but some of the anime has been great. I should create a thread outlining my first month in anime, School Days and all, lol.

Re-Kan 2
It's still cute, but it kind of feels lacking

Denpa Kyoushi 2
I don't exactly get why they changed the plot from the manga into this. it just make him out to be a worse person and some stuff doesn't make sense.
In the manga, the class representative wasn't a character, instead, the girl stealing the anime DVD was the chairperson from the end of the episode and was a test essentially. The anime just tied those events very little reason. The more annoying part is the reason Kagami was fired. In the manga, it was because he was being replaced by a proper substitute teacher, who disrespects Kagami since he doesn't follow the rules of society. Then, the sub teacher is a dick and makes a short speech saying the rules of society are important. Kagami then basically reverses the situation which leads to the same ending with them cheering. This makes sense and tries to show that simply following the rules of society won't promise you anything and remember to follow your dreams. The anime on the other, has Kagami fired because he's too selfish to defend himself, not because he has little in the say in the matter (in addition to being selfish) like the manga. They don't try to play this way to their advantage to try to make it a reversal of expectations and basically do the same thing as the manga. This doesn't work since there's no proper antagonist and the conflict is hardly related to the point of Kagami's speech. It doesn't make Kagami cool, it just makes him good at defying the rules in addition to just being selfish earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom