• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danmachi - 01
1428720392264.jpg

The hestia train cannot be stopped.
After so many post i decided to check this anime.
It was alright.

I mean this setting has potential.
As for Hestia , she is a cool character BUT not exactly "that" impressive. i expected more given how freaking fast her popularity rose.

Razmos

Yurikuma Arashi episode 5:
tumblr_ni2zz7si8x1tm1dgio1_1421095076_cover.jpg

SHOCK... KUMA SHOCK!

I'm starting to like this show now, now that the weirdness has worn off, it's actually quite gripping, i'm surprisingly invested in the characters and it's taking some pretty neat twists. and the cliffhanger at the end of this episode, geez.
That was Madoka Magica episode 3 levels of shock right there.

I wonder what the crime was that Ginko committed? even Lulu seemed surprised. I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

SNAFU Too! Episode Two

Again the most compelling things in the anime are Hikki and Hayama, second time he's poured his heart out to Hikki suggesting that he probably feels like Hikki at times too except with tons of people around him.
hated how both of the girls disliked what Hikki did but Hayama and the girl in question did like it. Did they seriously think he had feelings for her?!

Cornbread78

Just let my doggies stay pure. I don't need "hnnnnnnnnnnnngs" over dogs. There's also of course the little/older sister fetish. It's entirely by people who don't know what having sisters is like. Do not want.

Lol, yup, damn that Araragi. I'm gonna have to think about you when I watch Dog Days next, lol

Seraph of the End - 02

Now I definitely see the AoT comparisons. I think the episode was fine with decent animation. OP was alright, thought I accidentally watched Aldnoah Zero for a second.
Backgrounds are still my favorite part. Feels a bit thrown in with these monsters along with the vampires, so I hope there's a "logical" reason for both to exist.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Not even bothering with another episode of Seraph of the End, I have seen this series way too much in recent times.

Cornbread78

Danmachi - 02
Ok now i understand the appeal of Hestia.
It's generic , but it's fun so far ..there is potential for more , so i'll wait and see

Yeah, the world has a lot of potential. It will end up another harem anime, but at least Bell shows signs of not being a complete whitless, toolbag. Looking forward to the future episodes.

Hestia has some spine too, lol

CDiggity

Seraph ga Kill 02

Oof...that was not very good. The fight was kinda limp and we already have a bunch of recap and pan shots, so I worry for animation going forward. I still don't care about the characters.

Yes, the backgrounds are very nice as Pablo always does, but I think one of the most immersion breaking things an anime can do is have characters who don't blend with them, and WIT's choice to make Seraph's characters follow the thick outline style of AoT as well as making their designs flatter than the depth shown in the backgrounds makes them look like one of those magnetic create-a-scenes I used to play with. I mean, that's generally how animation works, but in this case it does not look good at all.

Also, fuck Sawano. He sounds like he's phoning it in and just giving us the same thing he did with Aldanoah.

Seraph of the end - 02

i enjoyed it.

Damn i sure see how the next episode will unfold themselves but that fight wasn't that bad.

Will watch.

Jex

Seraph of the End - 02

Now I definitely see the AoT comparisons. I think the episode was fine with decent animation. OP was alright, thought I accidentally watched Aldnoah Zero for a second.
Backgrounds are still my favorite part. Feels a bit thrown in with these monsters along with the vampires, so I hope there's a "logical" reason for both to exist.

I have no intention of ever watching this show but I want people to continue screencapping the background art for my enjoyment.

phaze

I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually really like Darker than Black, in part for the positive reasons you mentioned (including the music and Mao the cat). I agree that the ending was bullshit, but I enjoyed the show more as an almost anthology series for the first 20 or so episodes until their attempt at having a proper arc at the end. Hei was obviously the main character of the series as a whole, but he was rarely the main character of any given two episode mini-arc, and I really enjoyed seeing all the different angles of the city and meeting so many different memorable characters (well, I found them memorable anyway. Especially the detective guy and his assistant, although their names escape me at the moment). The Cold War-esque noir tone coupled with the sci-fi and supernatural elements was really effective for me, and I think that most of the mini-arcs told good stories. I wouldn't call the series one of my all-time favorites, but I do like it a lot.

The detective and the pink haired girl was such a weird tonal shift that I'm not even sure how I felt about them. lol
Your sacrifice is appreciated and not in vain !

I watched 2 minutes and I think the voice actors for the anime were much more convincing than live actors.

New Ninja Slayer PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6RlxLq8-6k

I still think it looks rad

I don't know what the proper name for the effect is but those brown and green computer generated patterns (?) on characters are ugly as fuck. The other two I noticed were bearable.

Re-Kan! 2
This humor in this show continues to be surprisingly effective. Visually the show is a mess, but I can't say I really care much about how 4-koma gag strip adaptations look.

Defuser

Owari no Seraph ep 2
Weak. The action is lacking the oomph, the impact. Very bad. the whole episode feel stiff.

And Sawano is terrible as usual. I been hearing the same damn music since Aldnoah.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU! Too 2

Hiki. You sly dog. Though I don't think the girls appreciated what you did. This is a pretty gray area since it had to be done but they should've known what you were trying to do.

Ahhh. It's good to see all these characters back.

Midonin

High School DxD BorN 02

It took three seasons to get to Koneko's backstory, but it was worth it. Her name is quite literal, it seems. I'm also glad the training montage only took up half the episode. Spending time in a magical otherworld can vary considerably depending on the series, and in this case, it's proving interesting. Though that may have to do with us being in the wealthy part of it at Rias' ginormous mansion.

Gunslinger Stratos Episode 2

Pretty great second episode. I love the "over-technology" "time-machine" and battling their parallel universe selves, though the whole things comes across as the Crows just basically playing around with humans.

THis would make a fun JRPG.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU! TOO 2

UYqoMF8.png

Fantastic episode. That almost-NTR was unexpected.

8man continues to be a martyr but now his actions are starting to hurt the people that's close to him. Even Hayama feels bad about using him like this. I wondered what the big deal was since he was able to solve the main problem at hand, but it took me a while to realize that it hurts to see the one you care about hurt themselves purposely for the sake of others. Plus, the girls probably didnt appreciate him making a confession and throwing it away like it was nothing, especially if they wanted to be on the receiving end for real.

Great start to this.

Beats

I guess there's no other edition of Beautiful Dreamer blu-ray besides the JP one? I tried looking on Play-Asia and CDJapan to see if there was another with english subs, but I didn't find anything. Hope it gets picked up for a western release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom