• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be honest with you, they are totally different characters. But you can find enjoyment from Jotaro in different ways than Joseph.

Pretty much this. Jotaro is no Part 2 Joseph, but he's still pretty enjoyable with his "yare yare daze" personality.

Joseph is also along for the ride in Part 3, and while he's not the same as his Part 2 self, he's still pretty fun.

I don't get how anyone expected yuri in a KyoAni show.

Yeahhhh....
TknNSao.gif

No lesbian subtext there.

Their teasing was too damn thick. You don't just backpedal on a seriously touching moment a couple of episodes back by saying... "Oh, they're just REALLY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALY close friends."

After watching Yurikuma Arashi, this feels even more depressing.
Fucking Invisible Storm.

Oh no, not the yuri controversy again...

Can we keep the conversation on Jojo? Because Stardust Crusaders is awesome and it makes me sad I didn't watch it earlier.

JoJo Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 1

You thought there would be a different antagonist? But it was me! Dio! Fucking Dio I swear this asshole never gives up and just keeps on coming. The worst part is
he took over Jonathan Joestar's body, Joseph's grandfather.
Seriously screw this shitstain he's already done enough damage but he's still coming for more. Wait so did
Dio use another coffin to survive the blast or did Erina just escape on a regular boat and Dio just used the coffin on the ship
?

So Jotaro is finally introduced with his seemingly delinquent attitude. I find it hilarious how he calls his mom a bitch and his mom still calls him a sweet boy. Joseph is finally back but just older, more Joseph for me the better. So Stands are finally introduced and seems like they will bring in a lot of strategic battles. Anyway I want to ask people who are well aware of the anime or the series in general, but were Stands just introduced on a whim with no slim connection to Hamon which was introduced in the beginning? Good episode anyway
and it seems like all the individuals in the Joestar bloodline have a star birthmark.

You thought there would be a different antagonist? But it was me! Dio! Fucking Dio I swear this asshole never gives up and just keeps on coming. The worst part is
he took over Jonathan Joestar's body, Joseph's grandfather.
Seriously screw this shitstain he's already done enough damage but he's still coming for more. Wait so did
Dio use another coffin to survive the blast or did Erina just escape on a regular boat and Dio just used the coffin on the ship
?

So Jotaro is finally introduced with his seemingly delinquent attitude. I find it hilarious how he calls his mom a bitch and his mom still calls him a sweet boy. Joseph is finally back but just older, so more Joseph for me the better. So Stands are finally introduced and seems like they will bring in a lot of strategic battles. Anyway I want to ask people who are well aware of the anime or the series in general, but were Stands just introduced on a whim with no slim connection to Hamon which was introduced in the beginning? Good episode anyway
and it seems like all people in the Joestar bloodline have a star birthmark.

I might be wrong but a lot of things start of part 3 were never foreshadowed in the earlier parts. I don't think they even had
the birthmarks.

Did you see Josesph's stand already?

I might be wrong but a lot of things start of part 3 were never foreshadowed in the earlier parts. I don't think they even had
the birthmarks.

Did you see Josesph's stand already?

Yeah
the one where he smashes a camera in order to get a picture of something.

So Stands are finally introduced and seems like they will bring in a lot of strategic battles. Anyway I want to ask people who are well aware of the anime or the series in general, but were Stands just introduced on a whim with no slim connection to Hamon which was introduced in the beginning?

In the manga, Stands had the kanji for "Ghostly Ripple" appear on top of their head, and were given the tenuous connection to Ripples by being related to breath control (although this is faded out) They were used to replace ripples because the mangaka wanted fights to appear more visually, instead of just objects being affected like ripples.

Check this out then, hermit purple already appeared in the second opening. JoJo OP's have all these cool little details in them. I still find new things everytime I watch the latest opening

Oh yeah in the first JoJo Opening it seems to have most of the JoJo MCs shown in the beginning if I'm not mistaken. I gotta say though I really love the JoJo openings so far especially the way they look aesthetically.

In the manga, Stands had the kanji for "Ghostly Ripple" appear on top of their head, and were given the tenuous connection to Ripples by being related to breath control (although this is faded out) They were used to replace ripples because the mangaka wanted fights to appear more visually, instead of just objects being affected like ripples.

Okay this makes sense, thanks for the info.

Yeahhhh....
No lesbian subtext there.

Their teasing was too damn thick. You don't just backpedal on a seriously touching moment a couple of episodes back by saying... "Oh, they're just REALLY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALY close friends."

After watching Yurikuma Arashi, this feels even more depressing.
Fucking Invisible Storm.

sj4fqRzl.jpg

Cornbread78

Fruit of Grisaia S2 ep.9
Damn, the insanity continues. This series is excellent to follow, but I just hope Yuuji isn't on a suicide mission now, even though that would fit the story well. Also, Michiru got hers, as well as the typical "Go mop the deck woman" lol. Oh and Yuuji's harem is huge, lol.

Reverse image searching and finding the source said:
Kakyoin wakes up one morning to discover that he had "laid" an egg and reveals it to his friends. When his friends discover this, Joseph asks when his grandson will be born (thus turning Jotaro and Kakyoin canon for this doujinshi).

The child suddenly hatches out of the egg to reveal a star-shaped birthmark on his shoulder. Thus concluding that Jotaro and Kakyoin produced an egg. Out of courtesy for Joseph Joestar, they name the small boy who hatched out the egg Jouta. The child, it would appear grows faster than a normal human and within a week he is able to attend school.
160.gif
The cover is awesome as well. I mean what is Sonic even doing there.

Theonik

Man all those people being hyped up for a Shenmue announcement in the Gaming thread are gonna end up terribly disappointed.😌
HAPPENING. HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS.

Oh no, not the yuri controversy again...

Can we keep the conversation on Jojo? Because Stardust Crusaders is awesome and it makes me sad I didn't watch it earlier.
But the adaptation is shit. Only people that like it are manga purists and people that like wasting their time.

Clamp pls

Clamp in wonderland is a great book.

But the adaptation is shit. Only people that like it are manga purists and people that like wasting their time.

So like, anime fans in general?

The show's fun. Yeah, maybe the manga's better, but everyone's so hyped up for the show's finale this week that I wanted to catch up and join in.

Narag

Egypt arc of Stardust Crusaders is easily the second best part of the show, just behind Battle Tendency, and well ahead of both Phantom Blood and the first half.

JoJo Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2

Welp all the school girls are all over Jotaro. Man that Nurse is looking real good, I would want her to give me a checkup if you know what I mean.😏 Though I would
prefer it gently rather than getting stabbed in the fucking eye.
The Stand battle was pretty nice though I can't wait to see how diverse the abilities get. Jotaro's mom is really nice, too bad Jotaro is pretty stubborn.

The new OP is pretty good but nowhere near as good as the first 2 Openings though.

Show By Rock!! 11

Holy shit. What an awesome episode. This show has no right to be this damn entertaining.

CG fight was long and really well done. The character designer for this show seriously deserves props. Awesome designs for monsters and everyone.

What? I believe the anime is really fantastic and Stardust Crusaders so far has been great. The series imo is better than most anime these days so........

Egypt arc of Stardust Crusaders is easily the second best part of the show, just behind Battle Tendency, and well ahead of both Phantom Blood and the first half.

I've heard some bad stuff about the first half of Stardust Crusaders but I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far.

It's the kind of good shounen adventure fun that I enjoy. Yeah it's a MOTW kind of thing, but every Stand user has managed to bring something new to the table to keep me on the edge of my seat saying: "Wow, how are they gonna get out of THIS one?"

All this JoJo and Yuri talk, lol. I was watching Oreshura last night and they reference a ton of episodes of JoJo, lol.

You need to watch JoJo. At first I thought the series wouldn't be that great but oh boy was I wrong big time. It's the most manliest and fabulous show I've ever seen. It makes most anime look like shit.😉

You can't get any more fabulous than this.

Hey I did say so far even if it's 2 episodes in. It's not like it will turn to shit unless that's what you're trying to imply.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kiniro Mosaic 1

I don't know what the point of this was, but I got diabetes. Thanks, Japan.

Grisaia no Rakuen - 09

Well a perfectly executed " calm before the finale" episode.

I hope everyone can imagine that there was a cut in this episode to make it suitable for all ages audiences , lol

SoulTaker 1-2

Watching this because Jexihus' impressions of the show got me interested. While I'm getting a handle on the story, I think, visually things can be a bit hard to follow. I don't have the technical vocabulary and probably describe the visuals of the show besides to say that it can be extremely difficult to tell exactly what is going on due to the use of colors, shadows and camera angles.

Still it has my attentions so I'll be continuing on with it.

Cornbread78

Grisaia no Rakuen - 09

Well a perfectly executed " calm before the finale" episode.

I hope everyone can imagine that there was a cut in this episode to make it suitable for all ages audiences , lol

Yeah, what was the deal with that cut when
he ran away with his sis. Was there a relapse of incest right there? If so, why that side commend about "doing those things" with other girls?
Felt out of place..

Kuroko's Basketball 73

Pretty good episode overall that focused o the three main players, especially Akashi. He got some interesting development and now needs to unite his team. Let's see how it pans out in the next episode.

There was also this:

http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/7edaba2476824ebbfdc85aa414e4b16a.mp4

Fate/Stay Night UBW 23

Was an alright episode. Pacing was relatively brisk which makes this show much more enjoyable. Action scenes in the latter half were also pretty good albeit a bit short. Especially the Assassin/Saber fight consisted mostly of talking (and Assassin really isn't the most compelling character). The 30 second sword lock in particular was a bit silly.

Let's hope that ufotable allocated the animation budget to the next episode and will give us some proper sword fighting choreography between Shirou and Gilgamesh (something the Shirou/Archer fight was sorely lacking).

Yeah, what was the deal with that cut when
he ran away with his sis. Was there a relapse of incest right there? If so, why that side commend about "doing those things" with other girls?
Felt out of place..

The sister was taking a taste of "her favorite meal" after all those years.
Also securing her place as the chief/leader if there was a need to.
Standard kazuki stuff, really.

That comment was a simple " don't treat girls roughly" but the message never get through properly to yuuji for various reasons.

Cornbread78

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches Ep.10
Man, that rejection, it hurt me too. I'm rooting for them hardcore, so maybe there is a chance from that scene at the end, but damn.. last episode is next week, so we'll see how they close out the story, however, that witch reveal was meh.. I'm going to really miss this one this summer though..

cajunator

Banned
Danmachi - 11

Actually not much happenned during this episode aside from a conclusion that was expected and some more world building. I guess i'm fine with it , despite

THIS

Those were glorious tears of envy.

What would Lili be envious about? Who in the show is worthy of envy?

Regarding Hayama, I guess he's being forced to
1) be with someone he doesn't want to be with 2) choose a career path his parents are lining up for him that he doesnt want
3) both? Hikki definitely got under his skin when he suggested Hayama is using Miura to ward other girls away from him. I wonder how likely that is.

Thing is I can also see him with Iroha as well only because he's naturally comfortable around her. He doesnt let her hyperness get to him 'cause he has plenty of experience dealing with Komachi. He kind of settles her down too. Look how cute she is and how hard she's trying lol

tumblr_npukh5rWtx1qet0cro1_540.gif

You also make a good point about Yui. Seems like she wants to do whatever she needs to get Hachimans attention instead of just being herself.

At least Yukino is still a solid choice. No Shitoge kind of girls anywhere in sight.

But it hasn't been confirmed yet. I will not waver. I..will..not *sniff* waver...

Man they're really blazing through the books arent they. I wish they slowed down a tad.

Hachiman x Ebina confirmed

I think Naruto was the only instance where the best guy and the best girl got together. Thank you Kishi for that and all the NaruSaku tears.

That running...
Why do characters run like that?

You present a strong argument. Love this character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom