• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Was there ever an anime where best girl actually won?

No Kokoro Connect doesn't count

Toradora

Shokugeki

vzIZK5Q.png

Tadokoro faces are the best. An episode where Soma hits a girl, everyone approves, and the girl blushes at him for doing it. Checks out.

This would totally be my AOTY if I weren't gonna disqualify it because I'm already a huge fan of the source material. Another great episode, although they are slow-rolling the material for sure - I figured a two-cour of this show would end around Chapter 100 of the manga. At Episode 11, we're on chapter 24 of the source material. I'm not really sure how long this show is supposed to run, though.

26 episodes I believe.

Shokugeki no Soma - 11

Time just flew by. I'm happy they addressed Megumi's reliance on others, and Dio telling it ain't gonna hold up. Soma being rather cocky, it was nice to see him as support and doing a good job at it.
Soundtrack was used well. Hinako was pretty funny with her butt-ins and bias. Laughed so hard at the reactions.

I'd watch Magical Chefs spinoff

I would watch a magical chefs show. Genius!

JoJo Bizarre Adventure 26 Finale

This was me during the first half of the episode.

And then me during the rest.

Like what I thought
Joseph was fucking dead because you know everyone in his bloodline ended up dying the same way. I was laughing real hard when the dude just popped out of nowhere and said "I heard you guys were at a funeral" which was his.😆 I even laughed harder when I found out that Suzi forgot to tell everyone he was alive. Still though to survive falling down from the Earth's atmosphere is full of badassery. Also props to Joseph getting married to Suzi.
Also fuck Zars,
though it does suck to be in space roaming around endlessly wanting to die but just can't, that.
It's nice to know that Erina ended up dying peacefully among the people she loved. Smokey seems to be having a great life as well by becoming the mayor of Georgia. Stroheim may have been a loud and obnoxious individual but he sure was a bro and he ended up fighting with German Science. And finally Speedwagon seemed to finally have a good life knowing that
one of the JoJos didn't end up having a short life.
Speedwagon was truly a great friend to the JoJos, one of a kind. Also what do you know fucking
Dio.

"Damn Japanese hahahaha but I sure do love my Walkman"

This is priceless. Based Joseph is such an amazing MC, goddamnit I'm gonna miss him so much.😔 I will always remember you as a funny asshole but with a charismatic personality. This series gets a 10/10 such a enjoyable ride it has been. Can't wait for Stardust Crusaders.

John Blade

Liking it so far. A lot of things are trying to set up in this 1st episode. You start to know a bit more of Ryo, the main female character who have a good skill in baseball pitch and her past (her father is a famous baseball star) and how she isn't going to high school as she want to take care of her mom Oden Bar as her father past away 10 years ago. Also, you get to know two another main character, Izumi, a female character who is star tennis player and Hiroki, a male character who is a star baseball player. Both are in the same school.

Overall, a good start point to introduce some major and support character in the show. A side note, liking the music quite a bit more than I should. I guess the trailer for this show catch my attention because of the music soundtrack. Off to the next episode.

Serious

It seems to be a decent series one episode in and at least I don't have to deal with a stupid shonen protagonist child, seen way too many of them lately.

It's a love or hate show in my experience. It's one of my all time favorites, while a lot of people can't get into it at all.

Kansoku

Plastic Memories 11

I knew from ep 1 that the ending would be sad. This ep, however, is going to make the ending at least 100 times more sad. I don't think I am prepared. It's going to hit me like a truck. I see the truck coming, but I can't escape.

Cornbread78

Plastic Memories 11

I knew from ep 1 that the ending would be sad. This ep, however, is going to make the ending at least 100 times more sad. I don't think I am prepared. It's going to hit me like a truck. I see the truck coming, but I can't escape.

Plastic Memories - 11

This is the one time I want a cop-out cliche ending to a show.

Please.

Please.

We will need a group therapy/support session after this. Seriously, like no, no, no.
dammit, I just got done being sad about this and now I'm back in the dumps..

Plastic Memories 11

Plastic Memories - 11

This is the one time I want a cop-out cliche ending to a show.

Please.

Please.
Believe in the power of love people!!!!!
:'(

Swamped

Banned
Help Anime Connoisseurs! I just finished watching Death Parade, and while it was a great experience, I also desperately need something to lighten the mood. Can anyone here suggest some short (1-2 cours) comedy shows that really make you laugh out loud? Preferably something that came out within the past 4 years or so (I've watched a lot of the older stuff already). Here are some examples of recent-ish comedies I liked:

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Barakamon
Hataraku Maou-sama
Danshi Koukousei no nichijo
The one where a high school kid has a curse that forces him to make decisions (can't for the life of me remember the name)
Working! (both seasons)
Servant x service
Binan Koukou something something

Guess I'm looking for something light-hearted after the emotional heaviness of Death Parade. I'm not too fond of harems/reverse-harems unless they have truly exceptional humor. Also, I'm looking for shows that are completed.

Thanks!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Help Anime Connoisseurs! I just finished watching Death Parade, and while it was a great experience, I also desperately need something to lighten the mood. Can anyone here suggest some short (1-2 cours) comedy shows that really make you laugh out loud? Preferably something that came out within the past 4 years or so (I've watched a lot of the older stuff already). Here are some examples of recent-ish comedies I liked:

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Barakamon
Hataraku Maou-sama
The one where a high school kid has a curse that forces him to make decisions (can't for the life of me remember the name)
Working! (both seasons)
Servant x service

Guess I'm looking for something light-hearted after the emotional heaviness of Death Parade. I'm not too fond of harems/reverse-harems unless they have truly exceptional humor. Also, I'm looking for shows that are completed.

Thanks!

i've heard good things about Love Lab (can't vouch for it personally though)

jgminto

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Barakamon
Hataraku Maou-sama
Working! (both seasons)
Servant x service

Thanks!

Golden Boy is older but you should watch it if you haven't.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Barakamon
Hataraku Maou-sama
Working! (both seasons)
Servant x service

Thanks!

You should watch Minami Ke and Mitsudomoe. Both are among the best anime slice of life comedies. Neither are serious at all.

Jarmel

Banned
plz giff~
I might end up doing that. I have to see how my big LWA collage turns out spacing and size-wise.

I have one super high quality one from Yoshinari, another on the way due to Kickstarter, and one drawn at a convention. I then got two from Hori, one is again super high quality but small as fuck.

Why are the JoJo Openings so good? I mean it's so flashy and full of fabulous poses. Also everytime it gets to that scene where Joseph is yelling, I feel like screaming SHIIIIIIIIIZA!

Why do you keep calling Kars Zars? Is that like a Jotaru thing

Whenever I'm feeling down I will sometimes watch the Joseph vs Kars climax, it never fails to put a huge grin on my face.

I know his name is Kars but I keep on calling him Zars for some reason. I guess it was because he made me rage, I mean the guy wouldn't go down even if it seemed like it was finally over.

Link Man

Banned

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Barakamon
Hataraku Maou-sama
Working! (both seasons)
Servant x service

Thanks!

Have you seen The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior (Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou)?

Cornbread78

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Barakamon
Hataraku Maou-sama
Working! (both seasons)
Servant x service

Thanks!

If you don't mind ecchi stuff, watch B GATA!

vlcsnap-89829.png

Or

Sabagebu!
tumblr_naa87wjS2q1r3rdh2o1_400.gif

Both are LOL funny..

Cornbread78

Oreshura ep 1-3
Episode-Two-Screenshots-ore-no-kanojo-to-osananajimi-ga-shuraba-sugiru-33744803-1920-1080.jpg

Ok, from the first three episodes, I hate the MC for not sticking up for his "childhood friend" and I hate the silver haired chick for being a complete douche. The stuff is pretty funny, but I guess it starts hitting home what is going on really early in this one. Childhood friends always lose, but I hope this one is am exception because I already feel bad for the girl..

Plastic Memories Episode 11

Why am I watching this. I don't want to see the next episode. I don't want a sad ending at all :(

Yeah, join the support group with the rest of us from the last page. We will all need a shoulder to cry on soon. The wiki page lists 13 episodes, so we'll see how they end this, but I'm already feeling week.

CFuKTBrW8AAeaKs.png

cajunator

Banned
Hmm.

Chocolate is personally my favorite ice cream flavor.

Though I know there's at least a few people that prefer eating Blue Moon or Mint.

Course there's nothing wrong with thinking Vanilla trumps all.

Bell certainly thinks that's the best one.

any flavor is better than blueberry swirl

EDIT: ^^Wait, you forgot Blueberry Swirl! Unfortunately someone dropped it on the ground.

I think the show would have been better if Yuki was much closer to her original personality. The Yuki in this show is just pretty boring and can't possibly compete with Haruhi's imperious borderline crazy.

Another thing is how Haruhi's interest in Kyon feels forced in this show. They didn't really do justice to the interesting parts of the main characters in the series at all.

Except for cheese girl, whose name I can't ever remember. I like cheese girl.

Cheese girl has her own mini series!

cajunator

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 11

This is about as perfect as an adaptation can get, a bit disappointed that they ended there and not after the judging but it's a minor nit pick (manga has a much better cliff hanger because of it). I was LEGIT impressed that the outcome wasn't completely spoiled in shonen anime fashion by the next episode preview.

Megumi is too adorbs, it's too bad she has no chance to be Erina in the battle for Soma's heart

erina has a chance? How? She is not only a bitch but also not even remotely cute or attractive.

Wondering AnimeGaf which show below should I watch next as I am trying to go through my anime DVD collection and like your opinion of the next show to watch.

Gantz
Le Portrait De Petote Cossette
Princess Nine
New Dominion Tank Police
Macross Plus

Watch everything except Gantz. Its garbage.

Just realized that they added a shit ton of anime to Neftlix. Wasn't expecting to see Expelled from Paradise and Madoka Rebellion on there.

Do you know if there is a list anywhere?

cajunator

Banned
Welp...look like I will watch Le Portrait De Petote Cossette 1st and Princess Nine 2nd. For Le Portrait De Petote Cossette, no clue of this anime as it's recommend from a Gaf when I order the RightStuff sales. For Princess Nine, saw the English trailer and kinda want to see it. Hope both is fine and will put my impression later this month.

Thats a good choice to start.

Jintor

Me No Understand Husbando s2 8

That art shift in the flashback was badass. Looked amazing. Direction was impeccable too.

Jintor

watashi no otto no hashiteirukoto wakarahen s2 10

man, this show. not many 3 minute shows that invite you to reconceptualise your idea of love

phaze

Hey dudes. I was looking through the top poster list and it's cool to see that there are so many new members of Anime-GAF. I've stopped watching anime ages ago but it's nice that this community is still fairly active. :D

I've got a question. What's the status of anime on the Alive - Dead scale?
Deader than ever before and becoming more dead with every passing season.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Barakamon
Hataraku Maou-sama
Working! (both seasons)
Servant x service

Thanks!

None of those are complete (not sure about SZS) but LL at least has a satisfying finish to its storyline.
First season of Saynara Zetsubou Sensei - episodic, harem overtones
D-Frag continous story arcs, some harem overtones.
Love Lab - Same studio as Nozaki, continous storyline.
Soredemo Machi Wa Matteiru/And Yet The Town Moves - episodic

Elfen Lied 02

I might not yet have seen a show with such bizzarely divergent two halves in it. One is a generic harem with brain dead protagonist, literally brain damaged cat girl and a childhood friend with a childhood promise. And there's seemingly third girl on the horizon. The other half is what I came for, hectolitres of blood being thrown at the screen in a variety of creative ways.

phaze

DIO'S WORLD PART 3
Oh and to talk about one of Phaze's comments about DIO being too OP so there had to be some asspulls (minor spoilers but not for this fight) -

Araki fucking loves overpowered villains, which is awesome but it usually means some bullshit has to happen. This is probably less bullshit then what Joseph did to beat Kars but that was amazing and awesome so who cares, it all works out in the end

This looks dumb enough for me to enjoy

I'm sure it was to a degree but I don't remember it being as far fetched as the Dio fight has been so far.

+ Yes Joseph rules and Jotaro sucks so the former can get away with more in my eyes.

I'm sure it was to a degree but I don't remember it being as far fetched as the Dio fight has been so far.

+ Yes Joseph rules and Jotaro sucks so the former can get away with more in my eyes.

Joseph simultaneously planned for his severed arm to fly up and hit Kars while Joseph did his "Your next line is" shtick after on instinct pulling out the red stone of Aja to cause a volcanic eruption which would catapult Kars into the atmosphere and have himself also survive. It's amazing and stupid at the same time

Joseph Joestar - Master of Asspulling

hamchan

SNAFU TOO ep 11

Yui is done. She has no chance now. Yukino and Hikigaya locking eyes in the nurse's office for a good 20 seconds. That's like rom com flag raised. Relationship points ++. Plus Yui probably saw it too.

GG Game over. Yukino x Hikigaya forever.

phaze

Joseph simultaneously planned for his severed arm to fly up and hit Kars while Joseph did his "Your next line is" shtick after on instinct pulling out the red stone of Aja to cause a volcanic eruption which would catapult Kars into the atmosphere and have himself also survive. It's amazing and stupid at the same time

Joseph Joestar - Master of Asspulling

Red crystals make vulcanos go boom. Sounds legit to me ! Nothing beats,
"He can move for a short moment in my stopped time so I will never attack him with my Stand for a prolonged period of time to capitalize on this.

(I'd have to rewatch BT to be able to engage in this conversation)

Rainy

Banned
Baccano! 1

First episode was a bit confusing, but that's understandable with the amount of characters introduced and them switching from one storyline to another quickly. I'm sure it'll all make sense soo enough. I actually love the setting (what is it, 1920's/30's America?) and the feel of the show.

Very interested, can't wait to watch more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom