• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesagure S1

For a show where they literally do nothing except sit around a table and talk, this show is way better than I expected. Especially the ad lib sections.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 114:

Right, so it is time to start hitting the focus episode for this mini-arc and Minako is selected for this outing. To hopefully the surprise of nobody she has once again been given a gimmick makeover and the dice have landed on being an idol groupie. Well, actually, this one isn't random, this identity is actually from the manga as Minako developed an affinity for idol culture there as well. That is about the most interesting thing about this episode because the rest of the time is either being used to try and give Mimete some character development that doesn't really take or watching her and Venus complete to meet some disposable package of polystyrene. The most important thing that comes from the episode that that The Outers deduce that The Death Busters are stealing Pure Hearts to awaken the mysterious Messiah of Silence. Strongest recommendation to avoid this episode.

Jex

SoulTaker 1-2

Watching this because Jexihus' impressions of the show got me interested. While I'm getting a handle on the story, I think, visually things can be a bit hard to follow. I don't have the technical vocabulary and probably describe the visuals of the show besides to say that it can be extremely difficult to tell exactly what is going on due to the use of colors, shadows and camera angles.

Still it has my attentions so I'll be continuing on with it.

Yes, it's fair to say that certain episodes of Soul Taker are far more challenging than, say, most other anime. The audience has to do a fair amount of work to carefully inspect and understand the visuals and understand what they are trying to say because the actual script won't do that for you.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 114:

I think I am seeing a pattern emerging from these episodes and that is applying early manga plot points to the late stage game here. Indeed this is a Chibi-Usa focused episode and for once it needs to be one since her Euriphonium friendship is actually really important to the proceedings to this arc and needed to be included at some point. Also we see Pluto and Chibi-Usa bonding because they are close friends and watchers of the Crystal show will understand because that was a sub-plot that played out much better in the manga. Also from the manga is the establishment of the true mission to stop what they are referring to right now as The Messiah of The Silence from awakening and destroying the world who is so very obviously Hotaru. I'll be honest, this is not only by far the best Chibi-Usa episode and not just because that is a low bar but that actually made her tolerable for the most part. Though the Sailor Chibi Moon being useless joke has officially overstayed its welcome. Have not really mentioned this but the MOTW week action has been feeling really token this mini-arc, with this one being almost forgotten until near the end, but actually does serve up a plot point as Hoatru uses her dark powers to stun the nightmare inducing Tomadachi thing and Uranus sees this plays out and we hit an aspect of her persona that i never liked and that is being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk. Instead of sharing this info with Inners who might, you know, do something about it she just get all vague about the situation and runs off into the distance. The Inners rightly question what the fuck she was talking about because they didn't see her dark powers. Anyway, this episode is recommended to watch.

jediyoshi

new euph pv up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyxdWg_SbA0

NFzicsK.png

#friendthings

Theonik

seems like that show would be better without all the yuri baiting.

Just do it or don't do it at all ffs
Yuri baiting is OK if they either deliver on it or it actually adds to the show.
In this case though it's bait and switch since by all appearances it is the canon pair till they pull the stunt at the end.

Cornbread78

Yuri baiting is OK if they either deliver on it or it actually adds to the show.
In this case though it's bait and switch since by all appearances it is the canon pair till they pull the stunt at the end.

The problem will be all the anticipation posts leading up to it, then the war that ensues afterwards when it doesn't happen..

The problem will be all the anticipation posts leading up to it, then the war that ensues afterwards when it doesn't happen..

Pretty much. The hype for this has surpassed anything that could every happen and so there's guaranteed to be any sort of backlash. All I'll say is that this is a pretty good adaptation of the novel and that I'm satisfied with what's been shown. I've given up hoping the fandom would see the show for what it is instead of what it isn't.

I am really liking the plot so far. Technically the villain isn't a villain, he's just paying back for what he went through. Andragoras was the real bitch in this whole thing.
Ah no he is clearly a vilain lol.
There is no doubt that he is really MAD...or else he would do something about the ones abusing this power , like that godamn ignorant arch bishop.
Yes , he is legitimate..but goddamn he went quite far ( too far ) already in his vengeance. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes too far and lose everything as a result.

Haven't they been implying that Arslan is not actually Andragoras' son? Or at least that Tahamenay isn't his mother?

Not sure , i got the hints for this , but i'm sure there is a twist involved.
If arslan is not andragoras son, then that will complicate so many things in the future ..i really don't see him rally an army in that state... but who knows with the war attrocities already commited

At the very least, we seriously need to know what is going on in tahamenay head

Arcadius

Banned
I finished the first season, but god was it one of the ugliest shows I have ever watched, especially those PowerPoint 97 backgrounds.

Oh.....

S2 is a massive upgrade. You just got through the worst of it.

I can agree with this, Season 2 and beyond look pretty darn good, but the SHAFT style never goes away..... Love it or hate art style I guess?

Too cute, oh yuri!

Hey guys what's going on in this...

*sees Euphonium yuri*

I don't care what lies ahead

No time for guessing follow my plan instead!

Find that next ship no matter what that may be

Take my lead don't worry 'bout yuri!

Follow me, set yourselves free,

Trust me, you guys will move on from the yuri!

You'll make it through prove it to you!

Follow me!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
EoE: 1 hour and 20 minutes of Shinji being friendzoned.

Jarmel

Banned
AnimeNEXT 2015 Summary
So I'm way behind on anime and other stuff but might as well do the typical con summary.

-LWA2 mostly finished and they're in the refining stage. "We'll probably refine it to the very end."
-Sushio was only able to help a little bit. Sushio did some effects and still character scenes. Sushio wanted to draw some of the girls but Yoshinari said that his drawings looked too much like Kill La Kill. So don't expect any action sequences from him in LWA2.
-They're only working on LWA2 and Ninja Slayer. They do have an unannounced show but you can expect info to come later this year.
-They aired Sex and Violence at Machspeed. Girl behind me was yelling "What the hell is this?". They asked Sushio what he thought of it and he replied , "I have no clue what was going on". haha
-After KLK Imaishi wanted to make an animal cartoon.
-Imaishi came up with the name and asked Koyama and Wakabayashi to help come up with the rest.
-Couldn't come up with good female animal for lead.
-Imaishi wanted to make the blowup doll a pussy cat.
-Imaishi was adamant about not including any human people.
-Wakabayshi and Koyama had to convince Imaishi to include sex doll.
-Koyama designed Sei-chan.
-Imaishi said if some people wouldn't understand the value of things like anime for others, might as well spell it out. Just bluntly tell the the audience.
-Obake-chan got a better reception than I expected and a better one than at Anime Matsuri.
-The way Koyama was talking made it seem like he might be doing something else with Disney. At the bare minimum I expect he's doing something for Big Hero 7 or whatever.
-Sushio felt more confident working on I can Friday By Day compared to Diebuster and was asking Tsurumaki how he liked his artstyle. Tsurumaki had said that Sushio had improved since then.
-Studio Khara offered little guidance/direction for the Animator Expo and pretty much let the studio/animators do what they want. Wakabayshi replied that it was a good experience just for the reason that they had to try and fit a story within the span of five minutes.
-Strong "No" to making Trigger Girls. Wakabayshi did say that Imaishi liked the designs so you might see more of her in the future(probably cameo stuff).
-Wakabayshi like robots with mouths. Hori likes transforming robots. Sushio likes Mako mechs. Koyama likes mechs with horns (I guess I see why the bull mech in Star Driver exists).
-Sushio wants to draw something that people would remember.
-Manga illustrator who did the SD drawings for KLK, did the mascot girl for Trigger(Trigger Girls). Her name is Trigger-chan. Blue hair girl is Muzzlebrake and blonde girl is Spring. I think this was already known.
-Sushio's favorite KLK design is Nonon but accounting for personality, Mako.
-LWA/Inferno Cop crossover shown. Obviously done in Inferno Cop style. Sucy and Inferno Cop start to fight but are interrupted by a blob resulting in Inferno tossing Sucy as a disk to beat the blob. Another episode was teased but they mention we shouldn't really expect much more for a long time. It was much funnier than Ninja Slayer(lol).
-Amemiya wanted to have an IC cameo in LWA but Yoshinari was pretty opposed to that.
-They joked that if Hori did a LWA episode in the style of Inferno Cop then Koyama would do an episode of Inferno Cop in the style of LWA. By that I mean you know actually being really well animated. Hori was like, 'I have no clue what you guys are talking about. This was my first time watching Inferno Cop. I knew we were working on some strange anime back at the studio but I didn't know it was this'.
-Panel was pretty fun, as Koyama and Wakabayshi shot marshmellows out at the audience at the beginning.
-Aya Suzuki worked on Dream Machine and quickly commented on it saying that a lot of preproduction stuff was done and it was looking gorgeous in color. She said that she's also working on a new film with one of her favorite directors but she can't announce it.
-Wolf Children character designs were intentionally easy to draw.

They also did rock/paper/scissors with the entire crowd for four Hori sketches. I somehow won one of them lol.

Cornbread78

Oreshura ep. 4-END:
This harem romcom was pretty funny throughout and didn't really try to take itself too seriously outside of a couple moments. In addition to that, the best thing is that they never depict the other girls being in total dispair and completely sad every time they were not around the MC. Even in the end, they each had a happy moment and even the childhood friend got a
great kiss moment at the end in front of the "winner" Of course the childhood friend wasn't going to "win"
It was great way to end it being a romCOM after-all! They could easily pull off another season if they continued the story in the LN, but it was fun as it was.

Arcadius

Banned
Oreshura ep. 4-END:
This harem romcom was pretty funny throughout and didn't really try to take itself too seriously outside of a couple moments. Outside of that, the best thing is that they never depict the other girls being in total dispair and completely sad every time they were not around the MC. Even in the end, they each had a happy moment and even the childhood friend got a
great kiss moment at the end in front of the "winner" Of course the childhood friend wasn't going to "win"
It was great way to end it being a romCOM after-all! They could easily pull off another season if they continued the story in the LN, but it was fun as it was.

Oh my goodness, this looks so freaking cute!!!! Will watch because of that image alone, thanks Cornbread!

Edit: .......... Seems like it's been on my MAL plan to watch list.... /sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom