• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLLOOOOO Kirino Mosaic - 11

Code:
What are we ?

Where are we coming from ?

The answer 

KIN -PATSU 

KIIIIIIIIIN

PATSU

She certainly understand ..no both members of the golden hair alliance are deep in their fantasies as we observe just how deep aya is in "friendship"
This episode could have been just a simple kimzona episode but as usual , things get hetic for the silliest of reasons.
Shino is golden hair deprived , and goddamn she dreams big. a perfect dream that will probably satisfy everyone

1434314149921.jpg

Let us invoke the Powwwwwaaaaa

Ah this episode ended really well ..karen is THE BEST when she is the villain , and this episode proves it.. They even added 2 henchemen in order to spice things up. The result is glorious and i'm worried what they 'll do to top this next week.
Regardless , nobody can deny that aya/yoko is being shipped hard , very hard:

Finally a yurier transformation scene than futari wa Pretty cure !!! I'll take it !

JoJo Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 3

ib2vYJRujPwjLS.jpg

Joseph is such a caring father I mean he's brushing his own daughter's teeth for her.😌

"Holly Holly Holy Hoooooooooolly" Man Joseph may not be the same Joseph from Battle Tendency but he's still very enjoyable and funny to watch. I feel bad for Holly since she has a Stand that she can't control. So the crew have to defeat Dio in order to stop her Stand from killing her. Also Star Platinum is such a funny name. Dio once again has his eyes on the JoJos. Finally the whole crew are heading towards Egypt, woo hoo.

That Ending though goddamn. Why is the English so good?

Alright guys, need some opinions here. Are the Urusei Yatsura movies worth watching if I never watched the TV show? Do they stand alone fine? People seem to really like them and I was wondering if they are worth it.

Jojo Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 4

So the beetle Stand user loves ripping people's tongues off, well now. Kakyoin showed who's boss by destroying the beetle Stand user. Joseph complaining about Cola being cold not hot, ahahahahahah.😆 I can't wait to see how the battle goes between Avdol and the new Stand user that showed up.

Because it's the actual song sung by the Bangles. Warner was able to obtain cooperation from Sony Music Japan to use it for this part of Pt 3.

I was wondering why it was so familiar, now it all makes sense.

Narag

Alright guys, need some opinions here. Are the Urusei Yatsura movies worth watching if I never watched the TV show? Do they stand alone fine? People seem to really like them and I was wondering if they are worth it.

Beautiful Dreamer does at the very least. Unsure about the rest.

John Blade

Basically, the continuation of where the last episode end when Ryo was challenge by 2 guys to see how good her pitch is against them. All of this was a test by Keiko, President of Kisuragi School, to see how good she is by challenge her in a situation while watching from a far away. This test get more interesting when Hiroki notice the test and join in to see if he can beat her skill. Well, he didn't manage to beat her throwing skill and lost. This start a change of event where Keiko announced she will start an all girl baseball team which, in theory, should able to rise up and reach to Koshien Stadium and win the tournament in 3 years times. This didn't sit too well for the top official of the school seeing this as a bit crazy because what the school was design for originally.

For Ryo, she found out she got a scholarships interview from the school and all her expense will be pay to go to the school with the condition she have to play baseball. Realizing she want to stay with her mom and help her in the bar, her mother told her the full truth of what her father used to be. This push her to go to the scholarship meeting where she met Hiroki who walk her into the school campus. Unfortunately, they meet Izumi who is playing tennis and saw the two of them and look like she isn't please about it.

Well, you start to see some development with Ryo and also a rival tension between her and Izumi from the last few minute of the show. You know both of them are literally going to fight each other and from what I see, it might be the fight coming down to Hiroki (boyfriend jealousy?). The development of the new all girl baseball team will be interesting as the negative feeling is very strong from the top official and will be a uphill fight from the look of it. Lastly, the flashback scene with Ryo and her dad is interesting as they is a strong bonding between them and maybe emotional. Still liking it so far and will move on to the next episode to see what will happened next.

Mature

Beautiful Dreamer is fine when viewed by itself. For the rest, they're probably better as a companion to the series. You should watch the series anyway so...

Arcadius

Banned
I'm curious what you were like prior to going full cajun lol

Hehehe, I'm pretty sure I've always been like this =). Though I take "going full Cajun" as one of the best compliments ever, so thank you!

There is already a GAF threaad for that ( now closed ) , have fun reading it !

I don't think he'd want to read that at all. Pretty sure most people wouldn't. Similarities between then and now are pretty large I believe.

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 5

So Polnareff finally joins the team. He seems a bit weird as he's able to change his mood on a whim. The fight between him and Advol was pretty good can't wait to see more Stand battles. Also I want to know who the Stand user that killed Polnareff sister is.

Hmm, yeah that does pose a problem.

Drop it and watch UY.

0eazs.gif

You must be joking right?

Show by Rock 11

Wow, the CG looked really good here. I'm pretty impressed.

I may watch Urusei Yatsura later...after LoGH, Utena, Penguindrum, more shitty Gundam series, the rest of Gintama, Monogatari, oh noooooooooo

Baby Steps 2 11:
Wow, this has been some match, and it's not even over yet. These two really are perfect opponents. Their playstyles contrast one another really well, and we can also seem them both evolving how the react to one another over the course of the match. Araya initially looks like he's just kind of an overpowering guy who shouts, but he really has a very good mind for tennis and he's able to analyze his opponents quite well. I think he's a really good match for Ei-chan.

The final set promises to be a really great showdown, no matter how everything plays out. Can it be next Sunday already?

Theonik

Egypt arc of Stardust Crusaders is easily the second best part of the show, just behind Battle Tendency, and well ahead of both Phantom Blood and the first half.
Yes, but at least for Phantom Blood we don't get a CHOICE. Beggars can't be choosers and all that. Pacing especially is pretty bad. I guess what I wanted out of this was something between the OVAs and what we got, this swung too far in the opposite direction.

You and I are enemies now
Mudamudamudamudamudamudamuda

madp

The Light of El Cantare

It's more entertaining if you know the characters' foibles and the relationship dynamics between them (which is probably a 30 episode investment), but I imagine they're not impossible to enjoy without further context, especially Beautiful Dreamer which focuses on two characters who exist on the periphery of the ensemble in the show itself.

Cornbread78

The sister was taking a taste of "her favorite meal" after all those years.
Also securing her place as the chief/leader if there was a need to.
Standard kazuki stuff, really.

That comment was a simple " don't treat girls roughly" but the message never get through properly to yuuji for various reasons.

Man, you would think that they wouldn't revert back to that after she was
presumed dead YEARS AGO
Those scenes from his memoirs were bad enough.. It shows how mentally lost he is, I mean, he is totally fucked up beyond repair at this point... He really has no humanity left at this point. JB knows that is the case as well, but he he doesn't lie, so he will be back, right?

Well, plus he already "saved 5 lives" and got to live as a normal student for a few weeks anyhow, lol.

Narag

Those Who Hunt Elves II 11

Yeah so ready for this to be done. It runs into the pitfall encountered by most comedies in that there's probably more bad than good. We'll see how it ends though. (Just not tonight.)

Man, you would think that they wouldn't revert back to that after she was
presumed dead YEARS AGO
Those scenes from his memoirs were bad enough.. It shows how mentally lost he is, I mean, he is totally fucked up beyond repair at this point... He really has no humanity left at this point. JB knows that is the case as well, but he he doesn't lie, so he will be back, right?

Well, plus he already "saved 5 lives" and got to live as a normal student for a few weeks anyhow, lol.

i think you're NOT READY for next week episode. I think yuigi has plenty of humanity inside ...but his experience and viewpoint is kinda "different"..much will be excused , given his childhood.

Cornbread78

i think you're NOT READY for next week episode. I think yuigi has plenty of humanity inside ...but his experience and viewpoint is kinda "different"..much will be excused , given his childhood.

True, but if he does come back alive, there is no way his harem will allow her to control him that way. They know EVERYTHING about it now, lol.

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 6

Thank god that guy that kept on saying Oni-chan was destroyed by Jotaro's clever thinking. Still it was cool seeing his shark related Stand which can create whirlwinds and drain opponents strength. I wonder what the little girl's purpose will be.

Grisaia no Rakuen 09

Yuuji
crying
?! Never thought I'd see the day lol. And what the heck happened when
he took her by force after she irritated him around the 10th minute? LOL.
I don't want to think the worst.

Cornbread78

Grisaia no Rakuen 09

Yuuji
crying

Just think the worst and you're probably right, remember those memoirs earlier in the season with her; she is a corrosive force, lol...

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 7

Welp the
ape turned out to be perverted and a Stand user.
Though I'm suprised the
whole ship
was the stand. Also Ann you just don't fucking take a shower in a dangerous isolated area by yourself, it's like your asking for it.

Dio looking at himself in the mirror again,
too bad it's Jonathan's beautiful body not his.

John Blade

Man...the scholarships interview is a joke as the questions Keiko ask come down to
"Are you dating someone?"
"Do you have a favorite star?"

For Ryo, when she tell her past with her dad teach her baseball, then Keiko told her she passed the interview. Man...talk about low standard interview....

Other than that, you start to see tension between Izumi and her mom about the baseball stuff which she object quite a bit. From the look of it, neither one of them is going to budge this issue and basically end it as, "pursue your own dream" situation. Look like Keiko want a dream of a baseball team for a long while and her daughter don't know about this whole stuff.

Also, more of Ryo and Izumi rival tension in this episode. Basically come down to Izumi ask Ryo for a tennis challenge which she didn't well as she didn't play the game before. But this change as she start to learn where the ball was going to pass and manage to hit the ball back at Izumi, something which is impossible. This didn't end there as the new coach of the team, Shinsaku or aka: the drunk coach, challenge Izumi for a baseball challenge. Like the same thing happened but opposite character now, Izumi manage to hit Ryo throw. This dash a bit of what Shinsaku say about this. Kinda ruin the mood a bit and maybe pull more fuel onto the Ryo and Izumi rival tension.

Overall, more development with Ryo and Izumi character which is good to see. Also, it look like they is two triangle love thing happening right now with Ryo at Seishiro and Hiroki and with Hiroki at Ryo and Izumi, Guess, you need this to make the show more interesting as you get two strong lady right now and this stuff is something you see with this show. Off to go to the next episode.

Just think the worst and you're probably right, remember those memoirs earlier in the season with her; she is a corrosive force, lol...

Oh lord.

Arslan 11
GoT is done tonight but this show keeps going, and it keeps delivering. Just like Bell from DanMachi I am really taking a liking to Arslan. He truly is a nice guy even though he is royalty.

cajunator

Banned
While I would highly recommend the ROD OVA, the middle of the tv series was just...ugh...SO MUCH ANGST. Still pretty good though. Took far too long for the return of one specific character but still, worth watching. Yup. Angst.

Also is Punch Line really that great?? The panty mechanic kind of put me off. Dropped it pretty fast, only saw EP 1...

TV series is alright. OVA is definitely better but I like the new Sister characters and the way it eventually does tie into the OVa story. Really fun series and I hope more people can watch it.

Wait, there's a SNAFU Vita game?

Yes, I was a #teamYui guy, but the tides have turned, especially after the below last week and the next gif that should be posted soon... Yui has no shot, this is "the real thing".

tumblr_np80xx3p731t963q8o2_500.gif

Millennium Actress huh? That's a new one..

Millennium Actress is a must see movie.

Arcadius

Banned
Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆

Another fantastic season that continues the adventures of Yuno-chi, Miya-chan, Hiro and Sae. We're introduced to two new members, Nori and Nazuna, the new freshmen who attend Yamabuki High School and live in the Hidamari Apartment.

I still love the art style used by SHAFT, the beautiful and extremely cute pastel colors are such a joy to look at. The animation this season seems to be a lot better than the previous ones too.

I love Yuno-chi and Nazuna, I think they're fantastic characters in Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆, though that doesn't mean I dislike the other girls either. They're all fantastic, but the super shy and reserved Nazuna is so adorable, while Yuno-chi continues to be the focal point for the show and she's just too much cute. Miya-chan is as eccentric and simple minded as ever, but that makes it so easy to watch her and her antics. Hiro and Sae continue to be cute friends with one another and to the rest of the Hidamari girls. Love Hiro's motherly aspect that she has, so cute. Yoshinoya-sensei continues to be totally moe and adorable, she truly is eternally 17 and she's amazing because of it.

Music continues to be a high point in Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆. The background music, the ambient sounds, everything is simply superb. The OP once again continues to be incredibly peppy, fun and just draws you into the world of Hidamari Sketch. The ED continues to be more reserved and laid back. The difference works incredibly well and am glad to see it be a recurrence used in the anime.

Honeycomb is next; super excited to see how the girls grow!

Clov

As someone who hasn't watched the TV show yet, I was able to follow the first two movies just fine. Honestly, Beautiful Dreamer alone is worth it.

Narag

Victory Gundam 15

People can't stop bumping their head on shit in this and it only enhances the show. They also exiled someone into space by putting them in a space suit then shooting them out of a torpedo tube. :lol

True, but if he does come back alive, there is no way his harem will allow her to control him that way. They know EVERYTHING about it now, lol.
Ah ah ah .. I think you haven't fully understood just how great she is at controlling and manipulating people. i thought this was clear given her achievements but still ...
Grisaia no Rakuen 09

Yuuji
crying
Nothing actually.that event doesn't really happen this way in the VN ( something else happens ) .. it's a nice way to keep thing "normal"

Oh lord.

Arslan 11
GoT is done tonight but this show keeps going, and it keeps delivering. Just like Bell from DanMachi I am really taking a liking to Arslan. He truly is a nice guy even though he is royalty.

Given by what we know so far , this episode did give us some nice informations, years ago,
arslan didn't start his life at the castle
, this explain plenty of things, especially the first episode. more importantly that flashback show that
the masked man ( forgot his name ) did live in the castle , but was presumed dead. I really wonder how he survived , but more importantly , we can assume that arslan lived within the populace BECAUSE something was meant to happen in the castle first , nice plan old king kill your brother and your brother son AND then you bring back your own son to the castle...

Given by what we know so far , this episode did give us some nice informations, years ago,
, this explain plenty of things, especially the first episode. more importantly that flashback show that
the masked man ( forgot his name ) did live in the castle , but was presumed dead. I really wonder how he survived , but more importantly , we can assume that arslan lived within the populace BECAUSE something was meant to happen in the castle first , nice plan old king kill your brother and your brother son AND then you bring back your own son to the castle...
I am really liking the plot so far. Technically the villain isn't a villain, he's just paying back for what he went through. Andragoras was the real bitch in this whole thing.

Haven't they been implying that Arslan is not actually Andragoras' son? Or at least that Tahamenay isn't his mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom