• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Elfen Lied 3
00495154ud5.png

20 minutes of really shitty harem antics ...

kewlmyc

Plastic Memories 11

Watch MC end up dying before Isla loses her memory or some sort of twist like that. The still haven't really done anything with the illness that landed him that job in the first place.

Cute episode regardless. I wish not-Asuka would stop being so annoying though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

So at this point people have received or are starting to receive their posters, so the saga is finally over. I just wanted to thank everyone who bought one and Mockingbird for running it behind the scenes. The poster looks nice!

I still have LOGH, the rest of Utena and Kanon in mind, so I haven't forgotten. I'll get to those soonish. lol

Plastic Memories 11

Watch MC end up dying before Isla loses her memory or some sort of twist like that. The still haven't really done anything with the illness that landed him that job in the first place.

Oh fuck. You are right but wasn't it just appendicitis or something like that?

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Episode 26 (engDUB)

Great episode to use to close that part of the season out. Perfect to get people knowledge on the details of playing at least through the first few turns.

I wish I had people around me that played cfvanguard.

John Blade

which anime is this from?

It's Excel Saga. Just watch this beginning of this year and yea, very random comedy anime. If you're going to watch, don't do it the way I did it which is watch it like a marathon as you get tired watching it. Spread it out for 2-4 weeks as you will like the show quite well. Also, watch it under English dub than the Japanese one as it's actually better to tell the truth. Other than that, good luck watching it and hope you like it.

It's Excel Saga. Just watch this begging in this year and yea, very random comedy anime. If you're going to watch, don't do it the way I did it which is watch it like a marathon as you get tired watching it. Spread it out for 2-4 weeks as you will like the show quite well. Also, watch it under English dub than the Japanese one as it's actually better to tell the truth. Other than that, good luck watching it and hope you like it.

What actually happens in that show? Is that gif just some random sketch or is the whole show just anime Power Rangers? I'd watch anime Power Rangers

John Blade

What actually happens in that show? Is that gif just some random sketch or is the whole show just anime Power Rangers? I'd watch anime Power Rangers

That gif is one of the random sketch you see in Excel Saga. I mean literally, they're tons of random sketch in this show which somehow interconnect a main story in somewhere. Here are more pics from the show below.

tumblr_lr88ioMg6y1qk6yyko1_500.gif
tumblr_n7mt3pYmid1qikszdo1_400.gif
tumblr_m5qvbuAYID1qh3v5mo1_500.png
tumblr_mf4epxYYbG1ryd7reo1_500.gif
tumblr_lueoxw8ufg1qf15w0o1_400.gif
tumblr_n1o6qkAJEx1rxb8ifo1_500.gif
tumblr_myra83mR1U1rdr029o1_400.gif

Sailor Moon and Precure are basically anime Power Rangers, only more magical.
I doesn't count when sentai suits aren't involved

That gif is one of the random sketch you see in Excel Saga. I mean literally, they're tons of random sketch in this show which somehow interconnect a main story in somewhere. Here are more pics from the show below.

Where has this show been all my life.

Midonin

We're talking about Sentai/anime Power Rangers teams? This is right in my wheelhouse.

One forms the backbone of a character's motivation in Bamboo Blade, and TARI TARI has a great local hero take on the Sentai concept. Then there's Sunred and Shinesman, the Hero Company OVA coming up this year, and Mitsudomoe's second season dedicated its entire first episode to showing off the in-universe adventures of its Sentai team of choice. And last year's Twintails was closer in style to a Sentai series than a magical girl one, right down to being written by the same screenwriter as Akibaranger's, another mix of anime and Sentai that's worth checking out.

And there's probably many more I'm missing.

Cornbread78

Plastic Memories 11

What if Michiru kills Tsukasa in a rage of jealously?

I'm with everyone else that can't take the real ending.

I do have an ending in mind that they use that includes
Isla's notebook
though. Think Adam Sandler/ Drew Berrymore or ef-A Tale if Memories. That's gotta be it! Please be something like that, please.

Midonin

Show By Rock!! 11

This is the most we've spent in the CG battle dimension in some time. Lots of musical performances from everybody, and a pretty exciting battle with Darudayu. All bands present and accounted for, the stage is set for a final battle that should close this show off on a good note. Maybe Cyan will be going home next week, we'll see. If she does, she's certainly had one hell of an adventure.

Swamped

Banned
i've heard good things about Love Lab (can't vouch for it personally though)

Golden Boy is older but you should watch it if you haven't.

You should watch Minami Ke and Mitsudomoe. Both are among the best anime slice of life comedies. Neither are serious at all.

Have you seen The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior (Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou)?

If you don't mind ecchi stuff, watch B GATA!

vlcsnap-89829.png

Or

Sabagebu!
tumblr_naa87wjS2q1r3rdh2o1_400.gif

Both are LOL funny..

Deader than ever before and becoming more dead with every passing season.

None of those are complete (not sure about SZS) but LL at least has a satisfying finish to its storyline.
First season of Saynara Zetsubou Sensei - episodic, harem overtones
D-Frag continous story arcs, some harem overtones.
Love Lab - Same studio as Nozaki, continous storyline.
Soredemo Machi Wa Matteiru/And Yet The Town Moves - episodic

Thanks for all the recs guys! Oh yeah, forgot to mention that i loved Sabagebu. I watched an episode of Mitsudumoe, think I'll take that up for now, but Love Lab and Bokura wa minna kawaisou sound great too.

I know, but. ..

I do think that a cop-out ending like that won't really fit the whole point of the show though. My guess for the ending would be something like this:

Isla says goodbye to the team and gets erased, everyone is sad. Then there is a timeskip 70 years in the future and we see Tsukasa lying in his own deathbed. He picks up Isla's notebook and says something like: "I'll never forget the memories we've made together". Then the screen fades to black. Maybe some sort of hallucination is involved where Tsukasa sees Isla just before he dies himself.

Arslan Senki - 11

The archbishop is nuts ... I don't even know how he rose to his position without some serious dark mind confusing magic..

he is nuts to the core

As for the rest of the show , things finally starts to make sense thanks to those 2 flashbacks. ecbatana occupation is going to be very long , with all this killing and stuff going on.

Next episode can't come sooner ????

Cornbread78

I do think that a cop-out ending like that won't really fit the whole point of the show though. My guess for the ending would be something like this:

Isla says goodbye to the team and gets erased, everyone is sad. Then there is a timeskip 70 years in the future and we see Tsukasa lying in his own deathbed. He picks up Isla's notebook and says something like: "I'll never forget the memories we've made together". Then the screen fades to black. Maybe some sort of hallucination is involved where Tsukasa sees Isla just before he dies himself.

That's almost too anime, lol.

I was thinking of a way to soften the blow in the final two episodes. .

Rec - 01 - 10 [complete]

Some very average romance and drama with nothing outstanding about it, though it wasn't set in a school setting at least. 5/10

Arcadius

Banned
No way.
Minorin is the best choice.
I was rooting for her the whole way.

I was really happy that
Taiga ended with Ryuuji, but I wouldn't have minded seeing Ami with him either. Minorin was someone I could have rooted for earlier on, but I think Tiaga is better and so adorably cute with Ryuuji, even if Taiga is tsundere.

Midonin

Hello! Kinmosa 11

That magical girl sequence was shorter than Magical Kosaki, but nearly as interesting. I'd watch a full episode of that magical girl fantasy, especially for the chance to see more of Evil Karen. In Shino's mind, that's the role she's destined to play, it seems. The rest of the episode was pretty heartwarming. This season is starting to wind down, and that means a lot of closure on all fronts.

Arcadius

Banned
Hidamari Sketch x 365

A fantastic season of Hidamari Sketch that takes place during the first season. It's a good thing 98% of the anime is episodic and requires little knowledge of what's happening, but it's also nice to see how they reference past events. The time skips/jumps makes it really hard to follow, but in the end it works out pretty well.

This "season" works really well at showing us more about the girls Yuno-chi, Miya-chan, Hiro and Sae. We witness many fun events that the girls go through, but we also get a better understanding of the issues they face. Hiro's "weight" problems, Yuno being worried and concerned about what she wants to become, Sae and her feelings with Hiro or how she keeps work so close to her. It's all really good.

I love the art style too, Hidamari Sketch looks so fun and the mega pastel colors makes it so easy to watch. The animation this "season" also seems a bit better than in Hidamari Sketch. The chibi-like faces are still super adorable. I also love the outfits the girls wear; I realized it in the first season, but they're super cute and always varied/different.

Seiyu continue to do a fantastic job with the character voices, especially Yoshinoya-sensei; she's so much fun to listen to, I love the extra-moe voice. All the seiyu in Hidamari Sketch do a great job though.

Music continues to be used well, background music, OP and ED are all great. The OP is cute and peppy as ever, being a great intro to the anime and the ED helps calm you down once you've watched an episode, since it's much more soothing and relaxing.

Overall, I continue to enjoy Hidamari Sketch and x 365 was great to watch. Very cute slice of life that I would recommend to all.

Mandelbo

I really wish I enjoyed the Hidamari Sketch anime as much as I do the manga. They basically share the same content but I find the manga entertaining while the anime is incredibly dull. Why do they have the episodes out of order anyway?

I really wish I enjoyed the Hidamari Sketch anime as much as I do the manga. They basically share the same content but I find the manga entertaining while the anime is incredibly dull. Why do they have the episodes out of order anyway?
Because then the best episode of the series would have looked like S1 Hidamari instead of sakuga Yunocchi in x365 ep 1.

Arcadius

Banned

Hmmm no idea to be honest. Is the manga in English, I wouldn't mind reading it if it was. Though if it's the same content, what does the manga do differently than the anime? Is it more condensed in terms of length or something? There might be a list floating on the net that has the episodes in order of time, but the out of order way it is now, I think works.

Code:
[B]The story’s shuffling was original. In the first episode it’s a lot information suddenly coming out with no reason or rhyme.[/B]

Shinbo: I think that’s the #1 thing that makes the conversations closest to everyday life. At first you won’t understand conversations between strangers, but as you become acquainted with them, you’ll gradually be able to comprehend many different things.

[B]It’s an incredible trick. It’s really like you become closer to the characters while watching.[/B]

Shinbo: I’m happy it gives off that feeling.

Aoki: We received a lot of messages like, “I want to try watching it in chronological order!” from the fans. I feel like that was the director’s plan. The atmosphere created by the original author, the “behind-head compositions”, and the like were all handled with great care.

So I've been meaning to ask this but how strong is Dio compared to the Pillar Men in JoJo? Is he weaker than them or at least on par to them?

Are you planning to watch part 3? Interested to see your reactions to it.

Yeah I'm gonna start watching it. Though I wonder if Jotaro will be as enjoyable as Joseph.

Arcadius

Banned
Code:
[B]The story’s shuffling was original. In the first episode it’s a lot information suddenly coming out with no reason or rhyme.[/B]

Shinbo: I think that’s the #1 thing that makes the conversations closest to everyday life. At first you won’t understand conversations between strangers, but as you become acquainted with them, you’ll gradually be able to comprehend many different things.

[B]It’s an incredible trick. It’s really like you become closer to the characters while watching.[/B]

Aoki: We received a lot of messages like, “I want to try watching it in chronological order!” from the fans. I feel like that was the director’s plan. The atmosphere created by the original author, the “behind-head compositions”, and the like were all handled with great care.

Really neat, about why they did it.

Also...... love your tag!!!~

Plastic Memories 11 Can't care about these characters when they all suck.
Grisaia no Rakuen 09 The true heroine! Finale next week, MC will become onii-sama. Spoil

Mandelbo

Hmmm no idea to be honest. Is the manga in English, I wouldn't mind reading it if it was. Though if it's the same content, what does the manga do differently than the anime? Is it more condensed in terms of length or something? There might be a list floating on the net that has the episodes in order of time, but the out of order way it is now, I think works.

Yup, the manga's been released in english and is fairly easy to get through Amazon. The only reason I can think of for why I enjoy the manga more must be the way it's structured - it's a standard 4koma, which inherently means it's a little more punchy than the anime is in terms of pacing and comic timing. The fact that it's all in chronological order also means it's more accessible, and allows the reader to grow and understand each character alongside Yuno instead of being thrown into the story at a point where they've already bonded.

Code:

I understand that logic, but I still prefer the approach the manga takes over that of the anime; the anime takes the stance of making the audience an observer rather than a participant, so to speak. Neither way is inherently wrong, but I feel the manga made me more engaged with the characters as a result.

Arcadius

Banned
Yup, the manga's been released in english and is fairly easy to get through Amazon. The only reason I can think of for why I enjoy the manga more must be the way it's structured - it's a standard 4koma, which inherently means it's a little more punchy than the anime is in terms of pacing and comic timing. The fact that it's all in chronological order also means it's more accessible, and allows the reader to grow and understand each character alongside Yuno instead of being thrown into the story at a point where they've already bonded.

Totally understand that point of view really, but I guess I'm just not so bothered about being thrown into their lives as you were. I like Hidamari enough that I could probably go and order the manga some time down the line or maybe re-watch the anime in chronological order, or both, hehehe. It's good fun in the end, that's what I like about it.

So I've been meaning to ask this but how strong is Dio compared to the Pillar Men in JoJo? Is he weaker than them or at least on par to them?

Part 1 Dio would stand little chance around any of them. DIO in general would literally have no chance against Ultimate Kars

Yeah I'm gonna start watching it. Though I wonder if Jotaro will be as enjoyable as Joseph.

Gonna be honest with you, they are totally different characters. But you can find enjoyment from Jotaro in different ways than Joseph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom