• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really enjoying Stardust Crusaders so far but am I the only one who feels Battle Tendency is better. Now I know that I'm barely just 16 episodes in with Stardust Crusaders and it may be a bit unfair I guess. Still I just don't know how to explain it and put into clear words but Battle Tendency just had that flair.

I'm not trying to downplay Stardust Crusaders because it has been really good and enjoyable but it's just that something about Battle Tendency puts it above.

You are not alone, many will agree with you. Battle Tendency has joseph and a tighter story.

Stardust Crusaders, however, has a better climax in my eyes, and is very much enjoyable on its own.

Mandelbo

Future Diary 19

...Okay two things. First off,
I knew that Akise was going to be an antagonist. His design and personality oozed of Magnificent/manipulative bastard.

Second
Two Yuno's? As in the alive Yuno is either an impostor or perhaps a Yuno from an alternate dimension? I do hope there's a good explanation for this because this has the potential to become really stupid.

The explanation's pretty good iirc

Just a little BL pics up in here. I guess it's to balance out all the Yuri pics?

Myself:Yourself ep1-6:
myself-yourself.jpg

Not much to say about this one, it's actually pretty boring. They start the first three episodes witha storyline them completely deviate from it and go in completely different direction.. It feels disjointed in regards to the flow of things.. Oh well, we'll see hwo the second half of this one goes tomorrow, but man, this one is pretty dry.
The second part is MUCh better than the first.
watch Full Moon O Sagashite. Do ittttttt
SECONDEEEDDD
Lol. I might have to, but it sounds sooooo sad. The fan art online is crazy though. .

it's not ..don't hesitate

Moaradin

I'm really enjoying Stardust Crusaders so far but am I the only one who feels Battle Tendency is better. Now I know that I'm barely just 16 episodes in with Stardust Crusaders and it may be a bit unfair I guess. Still I just don't know how to explain it and put into clear words but Battle Tendency just had that flair.

I'm not trying to downplay Stardust Crusaders because it has been really good and enjoyable but it's just that something about Battle Tendency puts it above.

The first half for sure. The second half of Stardust Crusaders rivals it imo. Maybe a touch above since the Part 3 anime adaption looks better and actually has some animation.

Honestly, I'm on episode 32 of Stardust Crusaders, and I'm enjoying it WAY more than Battle Tendency.

I mean, I thought Battle Tendency was awesome, especially towards the end don't get me wrong.

But watching Stardust Crusaders really felt like going back to the kind of adventure anime that I really enjoy.

There's a goal, the heroes have to travel a long way to get to that goal, and a bunch of other crazy stuff happens along the way as they maintain a good comradery with each other. Every episode transitions into the next one, which makes marathoning the show easy for me.

It's a nice streamlined approach for me to just sit down and enjoy. I don't have to think too hard about what happens because if something doesn't make sense, chances are it's the work of an enemy Stand.

It reminds me of me watching the first few episodes of Gurren Lagann for the first time, when it was just Simon, Kamina, Yoko, and Leeron all making their way towards the Beastman's headquarters. The show was just pure, good fun during then. It got me attached to the characters as they went about their journey and allowed me to get more invested in the show as time went on.

Battle Tendency may have been better for most, but Stardust Crusaders really nails the adventure aspect of the show for me. I love seeing all the enemy Stands and how they work. I love old Joseph Joestar's yelling of OH MY GOOOOOOD. I love Star Platinum's ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA. I love watching Polnareff and all the trouble he gets into. I love the foreshadowing of Dio as I wait until the inevitable final showdown with him.

It's all just good, stupid fun. I love it.

The explanation's pretty good iirc

Hoping you're right. The next episode didn't shed any light on it. Speaking of:

Future Diary 20

Well it didn't shed any light on
Yuno 2 aside from Yukki having no problem with that little revelation,
and instead focuses on Minene (finally) and
11th's plan being put into motion.
Just a shame that
Murmur is clearly going to usurp him before this is over.

Overall, the episode helped keep me interested seeing the resolution to Future Diary. Hopefully they won't botch it.

Sterok

Pleiades 11

No magic because reasons. Nanako really cares about her cosplay club. Well it is her club, and she missed it the first time. No backing down on finishing this adventure. Even if it takes us them another galaxy and beyond. Subaru figures herself out and Minato. Nice new costume. Not often you see someone go from black to white while remaining good.

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 17

Well Dan Steel finally got the beating that was coming for him. The teamwork between Polnareff, Joseph, Karykoin, and Jotaro was nice.

Loved that little segment of Hamon.

Cornbread78

It has moments of intense sadness but also jubilation. True rollercoaster feels in this one.

Ok OK, it'll be next.. I lived through Clannad and Kanon so I can do it, lol.

The second part is MUCh better than the first.

SECONDEEEDDD

it's not ..don't hesitate

Good, the first part just added all that stuff about the 10 yr old kid sleeping over and falling for that other dude and stuff. . Just so odd. I hope the second half finishes up strong, they have 6 episodes left and they still haven't talked about the MC's reasons for moving back and the while violin thing yet.... time to get to the story here...

Yeah, Full Moon will be next.

cajunator

Banned
Ok OK, it'll be next.. I lived through Clannad and Kanon so I can do it, lol.

Good, the first part just added all that stuff about the 10 yr old kid sleeping over and falling for that other dude and stuff. . Just so odd. I hope the second half finishes up strong, they have 6 episodes left and they still haven't talked about the MC's reasons for moving back and the while violin thing yet.... time to get to the story here...

Yeah, Full Moon will be next.

Excellent!
Its lengthy but worth it. One of the most heartfelt stories I have seen.

Macross 34

I've never been so frustrated by animated drawings in my entire life. Fuck everything about this episode, I don't even know what to say anymore.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Gunbuster 5
This time dilation relatively with lightspeed is some depressing shit, going out into space in highschool, coming back 10 years later, have to graduate by yourself, everybody else grown ass adults and you still the same.

But its all worth it BECAUSE THERE WAS SOME MOTHAFUCKIN GUNBUSTER HYYYPPEE

Future Diary 21

Welp, you can't say this episode (or FD in general) hasn't been boring
Minene and the mayor are dead, the world's going to hell and it looks like Yuno is really from an alternate dimension of some sort if she was able to get into the vault.
And I still have 5 episodes left to watch.

cajunator

Banned
Future Diary 21

Welp, you can't say this episode (or FD in general) hasn't been boring
Minene and the mayor are dead, the world's going to hell and it looks like Yuno is really from an alternate dimension of some sort if she was able to get into the vault.
And I still have 5 episodes left to watch.

Im so glad this is finally coming on bluray.
Seems like the wait takes forever.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
why do you expose me to these things narag.
UiGDhAN.jpg

fujoshi are like the edgelord scum of the earth. they think their daydreams about half naked boys are rewriting the script of patriarchal society.

double reminder that this person is allowed to professionally write for ann.

wonzo

Banned
is there some ann staffer blocklist for twitter out there so i dont have to read another bad hope chapman tweet again tia

Future Diary 22

Manipulating your boyfriend into killing his friends in cold blood.
Who am I supposed to be rooting for again?

Meanwhile Akise
turns out to not really be human and then becomes human by admitting his love for Yukki to God only for him to die not long after.
At least you managed to spite Yuno before you kicked the bucket.

I was wondering why White and Black's mom from Kekkai Sensen looks familiar, then I just realized she looks like Liz Sherman from Hellboy. Based Rie Matsumoto following up Nightow's Hellboy influence. Nightow is probably in love with this adaptation because of how far the Staff went to do things like this.

This series is full of western influence.

Phatmac

Bummed that they didn't change the intro to reflect the new genders but I guess it was too much for them to do. It was a solid episode with good jokes but it didn't hit as strong as last episode. Seeing them all trying to pick up dates while real men like Sautobi and Tsukuyo have already finished the job was great. Otae and Jyubei are so cute together but it probably won't end well as a couple with Shinpachi and Kondo cock blocking all the time. I'm glad that Gin-Sensai returned at the end so keep watching until the end! BTW, I love male Tsukuyo like everyone else. So handsome!
tumblr_nq39qomlAx1rtxvdio1_540.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Gunbuster 6- [END]
Guys im feeling feels i dont want to feel right now........I dont think I want to travel space anymore.

Shit is too depressing unless im taking everyone with me.

10/10 anime.

The Devil is a Part-timer Episode 1

That was a great laugh :DDD The foregign accents made me laugh way harder than it should, and I'm grateful. I'm looking forward to this series.

John Blade

Another, " let's introduce new character" episode but this time it's just one. The character is Kanako and she is softball star but have to quit because of her dad (also the principal of the school). She go against her dad wish and did join but in a disguise. Have this geeky bookworm look I have to say really. I am guessing

The main meat of the show is coming down to Ryo trying to avoid Hiroki because she don't want to harm the relationship between Hiroki and Izumi (aka: engagement). This all clear up when Hiroki explain to her that he and Izumi are actually long old friend since child as they family are close.

For Izumi, she found out a secret she didn't know from her mom that she have some sort of an affair of another man, which anger her but little did she know the pic of the person is actually Ryo dad (now, the rift between Ryo and Izumi will get even more bigger now).

Overall, this episode is now starting to get more interesting as you start to know more about Izumi and Hiroki relationship and how they're actually good friends. The baseball team is start to become a baseball team minus one player as of now. Will be interesting how they will work together. Also, the affair side from Izumi mother will get interesting as we know who the guy is and they won't be good for both of them (mostly Izumi as she will be even more piss). So worth watching the next episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom