• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Now that I'm going to be watching Full Moon O Sagashite next, what would you guys say are you top 3-5 emotional anime series that pull tears of joy, sadness or pure anger/ frustration from you? Like moments from Clannad After Story, Kanon etc make to the entire series an emotional rollercoaster.

Now that I'm going to be watching Full Moon O Sagashite next, what would you guys say are you top 3-5 emotional anime series that pull tears of joy, sadness or pure anger/ frustration from you? Like moments from Clannad After Story, Kanon etc...

lol

Ending of Gunbuster/Diebuster
Mereum and Komugi in Hunter x Hunter 2011
The ending of Code Geass

There's probably more. These actually got some reaction out of me. Also I probably teared up about Robin's "I wanna live" and Going Merry's funeral in One Piece but that was years ago, I dont remember

Baalzebup

Now that I'm going to be watching Full Moon O Sagashite next, what would you guys say are you top 3-5 emotional animes that pull tears of joy, sadness or pure anger/ frustration from you? Like moments from Clannad After Story, Kanon etc...

I'm much more about the power of single scenes, images and songs rather than whole series, but if I had to list out a few:

Code Geass has some really genuine feels to balance out the madness. The finale destroys me every singe time.

Scrapped Princess has a good amount of touching scenes. Shannon's speech in the throne room was majestic.

Fate/Zero has plenty of such moments. The second ED is really touching as well.

Crest/Banner of the Stars has it all, including good feels.

But really, you can find really good feels in all kinds of series. Above are just the ones that jumped at me right now.

Edit: Ooh, how about that Sisters arc in Index/Railgun. Especially the new, improved version in Railgun.

The ending of Code Geass

Fistbump.gif

wonzo

Banned
kenyaboyd.jpg

Cornbread78

The final school festival in K-ON!!
Peashy's
goodbye in Neptunia
The full ending theme for Mahoraba

lol

Ending of Gunbuster/Diebuster
Mereum and Komugi in Hunter x Hunter 2011
The ending of Code Geass

There's probably more. These actually got some reaction out of me. Also I probably teared up about Robin's "I wanna live" and Going Merry's funeral in One Piece but that was years ago, I dont remember

What about series as a whole though? So many moments in Clannad make you tear up so the whole thing is very emotional. There are plenty of moments out there like in Your Lie in April, ef- Tale of Memories, etc that can pull tears, but not many can keep you on that emotional rollercoaster.

What about series as a whole though? So many moments in Clannad make you tear up so the whole thing is very emotional. There are plenty of moments out there like in Your Lie in April, ef- Tale of Memories, etc that can pull tears, but not many can keep you on that emotional rollercoaster.

Uhhh, no, not really. I don't really watch drama/tearjerking shows. They don't sit well with me.

Cornbread78

I'm much more about the power of single scenes, images and songs rather than whole series, but if I had to list out a few:

I try to stay away from individual moments to avoid huge spoilers, but I'm with you on that feeling.

Uhhh, no, not really. I don't really watch drama/tearjerking shows. They don't sit well with me.

Seriously? Did you make it through the Clannad After Story? If so, then you should be good, lol.

Midonin

Very few series can have that kind of mood at all times. There's almost always something lighter (or heavier/more dramatic) to break it up.

Now that I'm going to be watching Full Moon O Sagashite next, what would you guys say are you top 3-5 emotional anime series that pull tears of joy, sadness or pure anger/ frustration from you? Like moments from Clannad After Story, Kanon etc...

Homura shooting Madoka to stop her from becoming a witch
- Madoka Magica. Tears of sadness

Kamina meeting Simon in the multidimensional labyrinth.
- Gurren Lagann. Manly tears of joy and sadness.

Master Asia's death
- G Gundam. Manly tears of sadness.

John Blade

Okay, this two episodes is actually interesting to watch as a major event which almost dissolve the baseball team permanently. All of this started after the event with Izumi founding out about the affair which her mom have. At 1st, she didn't get much info of who this guy in the picture in but after an incident where Ryo was trying to get her to join in the baseball team, she found out that it's Ryo father. Anger about this, she go direct to her mom asking her what connection she have with Ryo father. You then found out the full story between them which anger Izumi even more as she feel like her she don't love her dad because of this issue.

From this anger, Izumi meet up the baseball team camp telling that she hate Ryo from this issue (while Ryo have no clue of what happend and even why Izumi have her father pic). This get into boiling point where they have a competition of baseball which if Izumi manage to get in 1st base, she will win the competition and the team dissolve but if she lose, she have to join the team. Then you see a montage of both girls training for the competition so they can't loose. Eventually, the game day came and at the end Izumi won the game but she found out that Ryo actually let her win knowing she won go back to the school anymore and the team will dissolve. Feeling some guilt, she back down and stop her mom to dissolve the team. Eventually, Ryo found out about it and go back to school where she met Izumi. From there, she found out the full story and why Izumi mom want her to join the school and the start up the baseball team.

Overall, a very refreshing 2 episodes as you start to see more development of the story and why Izumi mom want to start a baseball team and also want Ryo to be in the team.

Side note: Yuki (aka: the quiet one) might not be a human as it look like she is from another planet based on an explanation of an item she have.

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 18

While I do find Old Joseph enjoyable and fun, it's kinda sad he turned into a comic relief character. I mean if it was the Joseph from Battle Tendency he would of figured out the situation real quickly instead of looking dumbfounded. Still the Ooooooh Shhhhhit scene was hilarious. The Engrish is just amazing.

It was really weird to see Jotaro laugh like that.

I want that to be addressed next week. My OTP needs some more love.
tumblr_nq3kecocWJ1qgvtt4o1_1280.png

Such an amazing pair they are. Both Gintoki and Tsukky have the best banter.

Jarmel

Banned
I was wondering why White and Black's mom from Kekkai Sensen looks familiar, then I just realized she looks like Liz Sherman from Hellboy. Based Rie Matsumoto following up Nightow's Hellboy influence. Nightow is probably in love with this adaptation because of how far the Staff went to do things like this.

This series is full of western influence.

I was thinking the design was straight Julia from Cowboy Bebop earlier but yea it's totally Liz.

liz-sherman-hellboy1.png

Psychic abilities and even has the cross.

Phatmac

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 18

While I do find Old Joseph enjoyable and fun, it's kinda sad he turned into a comic relief character. I mean if it was the Joseph from Battle Tendency he would of figured out the situation real quickly instead of looking dumbfounded. Still the Ooooooh Shhhhhit scene was hilarious. The Engrish is just amazing.

It was really weird to see Jotaro laugh like that.

Such an amazing pair they are. Both Gintoki and Tsukky have the best banter.
Yep they're the best together. I hope they have some more serious/romantic moments in the future.

Now that I'm going to be watching Full Moon O Sagashite next, what would you guys say are you top 3-5 emotional anime series that pull tears of joy, sadness or pure anger/ frustration from you? Like moments from Clannad After Story, Kanon etc make to the entire series an emotional rollercoaster.

G Gundam's last 9-10 episodes are a rollercoaster. Hotblooded mecha fighting with a great romantic story that changes and evolves as the series progresses with a perfectly done conclusion.

Ojamajo Doremi also has some great emotional hits, some really happy and some that'll be pretty upsetting to watch. It's a long series though so if you do watch it be prepared to be watching that for a while. I do plug this show a lot on here! :p

Nurse Angel Ririka SOS has an incredibly emotional final two episodes which come out of nowhere considering the previous ones. It's worth a watch but it wasn't the best thing I saw this year.

Hime-chan no Ribbon is a decent romance story with some interesting twists along the way and at times does get pretty enotional. The only real problem with it is the amount of recap episodes (6 out of 61 episodes) but it is a great show overall. Plus I can't refuse a show where Ikue Ohtani voices a main character (her most famous role is voicing Pikachu in the Pokémon anime).

Only listing ones that immediately come to mind. There's plenty of others out there.

Jarmel

Banned
Jesus fucking Christ WIT.

I can't even finish the recent episode of Seraph of the End without repeatedly pausing the episode to take screenshots of the quality and to take a break from laughing so hard.

Shingeki 2016 is going to be a damn mess. These dudes don't know how to put out a consistent product.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Diebuster episode 1
Where do I fucking begin.

First off, from the animation and art quality. This must have came out at the very least a decade after the original gunbuster. Seems so up to date in comparison. It was atleast late 90s to early 2000s.

Secondly Is this really a sequel to gunbuster, or a reimagining? If nobody told me what this was, I wouldnt instantly jump to it being a sequel to gunbuster besides making comparisons between the two series, the mech designs and the way mechs are controlled are so far removed from it.

thirdly, these pimp ass mechs and then people who have mecha personas
performas
they can call out different body parts of at any time is the best. Its the best.

fourthly, what the fuck, is this girl like....breathing in space? Is this a thing they dont have to worry about anymore? What is up with that shit, but whatever overall cause it was pretty hype at the end.

and lastly, animation quality is through the roof, its in mid-gurren lagann tier in terms of scale already and its just the first episode, tho I know gurren lagann is still the king of this overall.

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 19

Are you fucking serious? A
baby having a Stand ability that is not only very strong but the baby himself being this fucking intelligent and bloodthirsty. I wonder what Dio's award for the baby is, free baby bottles.
Seriously what? It definitely makes sense why this series is called Bizarre because that was out of nowhere. Still I hope Karykoin finds a way.

Welp guys I will never trust a innocent looking baby.

Mikagura Gakuen kumikyoku
Episode 10
Mikagura%20Gakuen%20Kumikyoku%20-%2010.jpg

Talking about a ghost , thinking of something else , lol
The mystery of what is bimi is still something best left untold. meanwhile , the emotions of everyone are clearly in turmoil , in particulary , seisa and otone.
I really like how otone went in ..and her agressive speech was funny ...
That cliffanger was intresting

Episode 11
Mikagura%20Gakuen%20Kumikyoku%20-%2011.jpg

That is the perfect decoration for this clubroom. NO CONTEST
I guess it's time for some answers.. the explanation of seisa sempai troubles really make sense , even if it was quite obvious given the numerous clues we had so far.
But i guess it's the perfect work for the "i'll figure it out later " club

As for the official match , i wish it could have been longer

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Diebuster episode 1
Where do I fucking begin.

First off, from the animation and art quality. This must have came out at the very least a decade after the original gunbuster. Seems so up to date in comparison. It was atleast late 90s to early 2000s.

Secondly Is this really a sequel to gunbuster, or a reimagining? If nobody told me what this was, I wouldnt instantly jump to it being a sequel to gunbuster besides making comparisons between the two series, the mech designs and the way mechs are controlled are so far removed from it.

thirdly, these pimp ass mechs and then people who have mecha personas
performas
they can call out different body parts of at any time is the best. Its the best.

fourthly, what the fuck, is this girl like....breathing in space? Is this a thing they dont have to worry about anymore? What is up with that shit, but whatever overall cause it was pretty hype at the end.

and lastly, animation quality is through the roof, its in mid-gurren lagann tier in terms of scale already and its just the first episode, tho I know gurren lagann is still the king of this overall.

Diebuster is barely related to gunbuster, and it sucks anyway, watch something good instead

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Also one more thing I forgot, the tities are indeed back in full force, it took until episode 2 or 3 for gratuitous breast showed up in gunbuster, but took all but the end of the episode for nono's lol

Robotguy

Yami Hat 5
Gar doesn't like his broccoli. Poor Baby.
Truly the magical power of a messenger of the gods.
I don't know how they couldn't to be honest.
Becoming a god has never been easier.

I don't really know how this relates to the main story so far. The cave people recognize the hat, so I guess Eve was previously in the world. Also, some character who has had no real significance so far showed up in this world thus indicating to the main girls that they had been tricked somehow. And the god appears to have been the product of some kind of magical meddling.

cajunator

Banned
Yami Hat 5

Gar doesn't like his broccoli. Poor Baby.

Truly the magical power of a messenger of the gods.

I don't know how they couldn't to be honest.

Becoming a god has never been easier.

I don't really know how this relates to the main story so far. The cave people recognize the hat, so I guess Eve was previously in the world. Also, some character who has had no real significance so far showed up in this world thus indicating to the main girls that they had been tricked somehow. And the god appears to have been the product of some kind of magical meddling.

Whats the girls name? She told you 86 times :D

Future Diary 23

Nothing is more romantic than
having sex with the one you love. It would probably be even more romantic if both parties were older than 14. And if one of them didn't have an axe under their side of the bed and tried to kill the other when he began to realize what I figured out a few episodes ago.

So there are two timelines and Murmur seemed to be aware of that fact from the beginning. Evil plan reveal when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom